PDA

View Full Version : R2SL in 2008

Archangel
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Any word on R2SL stuff, the kids in Utah are already suffering withdrawal symptoms??? And MMP's schedule is already filled to the brim with sweet motor sports goodness...

http://www.utahsba.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7847

Thanks,
Warren

~Barn~
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Isn't there supposed to be one with those crazy Kansas kids?

Sully
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 03:38 PM
If I remember correctly.. Ralph said there were going to be 4 locations in 2008.. but I could have been day dreaming.. Miller, VIR, Pueblo and Hastings... :hump: I dunno.. :dunno:

(shhh.. Ralph may spank me for telling) :eyebrows:

hcr25
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Pueblo? :crazy:

Archangel
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 04:33 PM
If I remember correctly.. Ralph said there were going to be 4 locations in 2008.. but I could have been day dreaming.. Miller, VIR, Pueblo and Hastings... :hump: I dunno.. :dunno:

(shhh.. Ralph may spank me for telling) :eyebrows:

Yikes... Any more and I'll have to quit my day job and just travel with R2SL all summer long!!!

N1KSS1KS1x
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 06:48 PM
I can't freakin wait till the hastings goodtime.

COSMille
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Which one if you had to choose between Hastings and Miller to attend?
Attended Miller last year, a great facility, fun track, excellent hosts.

Repsol a095
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Miller over all of them except for VIR!

rforsythe
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Still working on the MMP date, so no specifics on that yet. We're also going to a few other tracks in '08, stay tuned for the official announcement with the good info.

rybo
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Which one if you had to choose between Hastings and Miller to attend?
Attended Miller last year, a great facility, fun track, excellent hosts.

Both are truly FANTASTIC tracks. Miller is a lot of fun, very wide, lots of different kinds of corners. Hastings is a very technical track, very very fun especially on smaller bikes. If you have an SV or a GS500 or EX500 Hastings will be more fun than miller for you.

You can't go wrong picking either of these tracks, they are both outstanding!

s

konichd
Fri Nov 16th, 2007, 08:11 AM
I LOVE Miller! Top-notch facility, 2 tracks, garages, etc. I promised "Ebony" I would take her back someday :)

Sully
Fri Nov 16th, 2007, 09:01 AM
:hump:.. Miller... I think VIR would be more fun if we had a bigger track.. instead of the little one we used.

konichd
Fri Nov 16th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Plus the facilities at Miller are second to none! I do like the south VIR track though. :)

clustermagnet
Sun Nov 18th, 2007, 03:43 PM
more tracks? shorter time frames?

for me personally it makes more sense to do 4 days instead of 2 or 3...
if you drive the hell out, stay there for a few days... :)
my 2 cents.

will someone take a look at BeaveRun as a venue? :D

This guys is going pretty slow:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=snupGfzDyuc
but you get the idea...

COSMille
Sun Nov 18th, 2007, 09:35 PM
I'm planning on doing Miller for sure, if Pueblo is on the scheudle then will have to support the home track as well, Hastings will be a possibility if Pueblo doesn't happen. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Redflash3
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I'm going to hit them all if humanly possible, plus it's all for a great cause.....right.

N1KSS1KS1x
Sun Nov 25th, 2007, 07:24 PM
So whens the info for 08 gonna up?

rforsythe
Mon Nov 26th, 2007, 11:54 AM
As soon as I get it finalized. :) It takes a fair amount of time to get this stuff put together.

konichd
Mon Nov 26th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Ralph,
No offense but it would be nice to get a *Feeler* time/date for tracks/days so people can start planning. I for one will be juggling MRA/NESBA events and will start having to make comitments soon for 2008. :)

rybo
Mon Nov 26th, 2007, 12:39 PM
well for starters put the CSC dates

7/29

and

Labor day weekend on your schedule

I've got some ideas brewing and will be putting together some great events for the CSC in 08

konichd
Mon Nov 26th, 2007, 01:07 PM
^^That is a given

However if I can't get a R2SL *feeler* schedule I will begin to make comitments that will preclude me from attending/volunteering. Maybe I like being a dick, but I also am not going to wait around to January to finalize my 08 schedule :)

rybo
Mon Nov 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM
^^That is a given

:)

I'm glad you think it's a given that I will put together great events!

Pharmgirl
Mon Nov 26th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Maybe I like being a dick[/B], but I also am not going to wait around to January to finalize my 08 schedule :)

That is a given!:)

rforsythe
Mon Nov 26th, 2007, 02:20 PM
DK I understand your position. However I have no idea what our MMP dates will be so I can't really even put out a feeler. We're shooting for "fall".

I'm not going to schedule around NESBA, but can tell you that we aren't conflicting with any MRA dates - and in some cases are actually complimenting them, as in the case of Pueblo (June) and Hastings (July), neither of which are 100% set in stone date-wise but will happen. VIR will be the same bat time, same bat channel. That's about all I know. In the case of Miller, the MRA tends to schedule around USBA dates, so if we compliment one of their weekends we should be fine as far as the MRA goes.

I'd rather delay releasing specifics until I know the information is good, rather than spread misinformation that people will plan around just to make noise. VIR is the only one I know for sure right now, but my plan is to release all dates at once.

konichd
Mon Nov 26th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks Ralph! Let us know ASAP when dates are finalized :)

clustermagnet
Mon Nov 26th, 2007, 03:00 PM
nesba sucks