PDA

View Full Version : Dyno and Machine Shops

HogGlider
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Since this group is local mostly I need some help on locating a machine shop and a Dyno shop for the winter.

I am up in Arvada and there is a place here in Old Town that does Dyno work, not so sure I want to take my bike to them as they really pushed to install a Thundermax W/Auto Tuner on my bike and dyno it right away. Found out from a number of other Tmax users that it was totally unnecessary and I needed to give the system time to actually learn and self program things a bit before even putting it on a dyno, needless to say I am having second thoughts about this particular shop.

As far as a machine shop, I am trying to get everything lined up parts wise (Tmax, new jugs, pistons, heads cams, etc...) for my engine build this winter and I will be needing to have my motor case bored out. I want to be able to take this stuff to a good machinist that I can trust will deliver quality without bending me over for it.

So, does anybody have leads on anything they would be willing to share?

HogGlider
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 05:58 PM
30 views and nothing!? C;mon guys....help me out here, I don't know the area for squat when it comes to businesses.

Bueller
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Epic Motosports has a Dyno but they are not a machine shop. But I am sure they can hook you up. They are in Longmont.
http://epicmotosports.com/

irdave
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Everybody and every shop I know up here take machine work to Acme on North College. They also manufacture flat tracker race frames and are total motor heads.

As for dyno, get in touch with Clarkie on here- don't know what more you could look for in dyno service.

Clarkie
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 07:56 PM
We also have of the best Harley engine builders in AZ just move up here and will will abe working out of Epic Motosports, he's not a bad Road Racer either :)

Bueller
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Guess I'll have to get the Buell engine up there for sure now.

HogGlider
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the leads guys. I definitely like the prices I see for the Dyno at Epic. I will have to see if they are comfortable tuning a Tmax system.

I am actually doing most of the motor work myself, just need a good place to get flywheel welded up and the case bored to accept the larger bore jugs.

Clarkie
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 08:12 PM
fo sure, rumor has it he also knows how to build AMA Suzuki SS engines so fast that everyone will tell you it is a cheater motor because they cant keep up, but what sucks for everyone is that he actually knows how to ride :lol:

how did it go, "so good your competitors will think you are cheating" :)

Bueller
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Riding skill has very little to do with it, bolt on HP and bling wins championships!

Clarkie
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I woud say an AMA podium in Superstock take a little skill :)

Bueller
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Maybe a bit. :lol:

hcr25
Tue Nov 20th, 2007, 08:38 AM
are his first initials S J ?

t_jolt
Tue Nov 20th, 2007, 08:53 AM
if your willing to drive, MAC auto sports. Shop and dyno. Used them for years. Nice guys. They dont f-around there.

www.macautosport.com

Tyrel

Clarkie
Tue Nov 20th, 2007, 09:04 AM
are his first initials S J ?

Ya, the slacker is living in our basement now :banghead: j/k :)

hcr25
Tue Nov 20th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Ya, the slacker is living in our basement now :banghead: j/k :)

It would be bad ass if he did a MRA race or two. any plans of that kind?

Clarkie
Tue Nov 20th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I am trying to find an SV, GSXR600 and spare GSXR1000 for him to race (so he doesnt use his AMA bikes), he would smoke us all even from the back row and could earn 40K+ just from the MRA Suzuki weekends. Rob Jensen isnt the only one that can earn 100k a year cherrypicking at club level :alien:

Of course you guys will point at his bikes and say he is cheating just like with me, but that's part of 'club racing' in Colorado :lol:

hcr25
Tue Nov 20th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Buy the 07 sv i have for sale.
when fast guys come and race us it should only make us faster but sometimes we get are feelings hurt :)

Clarkie
Tue Nov 20th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Buy the 07 sv i have for sale

I'll pass but thanks anyway :)

James
Sun Dec 2nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
There is a new machine shop opening up the the Broomfield area. It's called Elevated Engines & Machining. It's on 117th and Quay, which is one block west of Main St. They have two excellent machinists. I don't know a phone number, but their email is elevatedem@gmail.com