Thu Aug 5th, 2004, 09:00 PM
how about a "cut and paste"?

Anonymous
Thu Aug 5th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Oops forgot about that.. Here's what it says:

U.K. hiring court jester for first time since 1649

August 4, 2004

LONDON - Wanted: court jester.

English Heritage, guardian of various historic sites in Britain, is advertising for someone to be the nation's first court jester since 1649.

An ad appearing in Thursday's editions of The Times laid out the qualifications: "Must be mirthful and prepared to work summer weekends in 2005. Must have own outfit (with bells). Bladder on stick provided if required."

Auditions will be held Saturday at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire, and the winner will have to negotiate a salary, English Heritage said.

The court jester's position died along with King Charles I, who was executed by Oliver Cromwell's supporters in 1649. The monarchy was restored 11 years later, but the position of jester did not return.

"It is about time we had a jester again," said Tracy Borman, the agency's director of education, events and outreach.

"It is one of those roles that fell by the wayside when Cromwell made Britain a republic, but there is no reason not to bring it back now."

Anonymous
Thu Aug 5th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Whoa! What's up with my post saying from an anonymous person? ???

Toe Dragger
Fri Aug 6th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Bladder on stick provided if required

Holy shit!

nessa
Fri Aug 6th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Bladder on stick provided if required

Holy shit!

I hope it means something different in Brit English vs. what we think it means!! :lol: