PDA

View Full Version : IXS Suits?

BladeRider
Thu Aug 5th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Anyone here have any experience wiith IXS suits. I'm a tall (6'3") skinny (185lb) bastard so most off the rack suits don't work for me. I noticed this is one of the few companies that provice CE certified armor and offer tall sizing.

Any other recommendations are welcome as well.

Thanks for the help!

wraithR1
Thu Aug 5th, 2004, 11:14 PM
You might want to check these custom leathers out as well.

http://www.tobefast.com/reflex.htm

surfinspacegirl
Fri Aug 6th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Tom I race in an IXS suit. Crashed it 4 times now and it's held up great. Armour is first rate. Fit is good - they do "tall" sizing and it really is. Definately recommend it.

mra828
Fri Aug 6th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Tom - if you decide to try these leathers and are willing to share your impressions when you get them I'd appreciate it. I'm in the same boat (6' 2" 170lbs) and never could find an off the rack suit that fit. I ended up going custom a few years back (Syed) and will be getting a new suit next year. I really like the Syed's - but I might consider IXS if they work well for you.

geoff

BladeRider
Fri Aug 6th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Tom I race in an IXS suit. Crashed it 4 times now and it's held up great. Armour is first rate. Fit is good - they do "tall" sizing and it really is. Definately recommend it.
Thanks Hanna! When I looked up the suits online I thought your suit looked like one of these. It's funny how after crashing what you learn about the gear you have. It definitely made me want to upgrade, especially the armour.. Good to hear yours lasted that many spills.

I just spoke with someone at Motorace which is a US outlet for IXS and they said only the textile stuff comes in the longer sizes. The one piece or two piece suits are standard sizing. This confused me since I thought they do longer sizes on all their stuff.

surfinspacegirl
Fri Aug 6th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Thanks Hanna! When I looked up the suits online I thought your suit looked like one of these. It's funny how after crashing what you learn about the gear you have. It definitely made me want to upgrade, especially the armour.. Good to hear yours lasted that many spills.

I just spoke with someone at Motorace which is a US outlet for IXS and they said only the textile stuff comes in the longer sizes. The one piece or two piece suits are standard sizing. This confused me since I thought they do longer sizes on all their stuff.
That's BS, my suit is a long suit. They obvisouly didn't know what they're talking about. Call Brian at TK (720 904 9040) he worked me a great deal on the IXS suit and seems to have a contact that knows what they're talking about :)

BladeRider
Fri Aug 6th, 2004, 11:47 AM
That's what I thought! I'll give Brian a ring and tell him you sent me over. :up:

Thanks a bunch Hanna!

BladeRider
Fri Aug 6th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Spoke with Brian and he said he could hook me up with a tall size no problem. So I'm heading over there next week.

Thanks a bunch for the tip Hanna!