PDA

View Full Version : Old and wised ones

Scruff Dog
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Got any one line words of motorcycle wisdom for the masses? ie - Never, ever, sell a motorcycle to please a woman, never.

Devaclis
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Never sell the bike you learned to ride on. You WILL regret it. And when you want to buy it back 10 years later, it will cost you a fortune.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Never bail on a bike to pay off drug debts. :down:

DucWise
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Crashing sucks... don't do it.

Scruff Dog
Tue Nov 20th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Never sell the bike you learned to ride on. You WILL regret it. And when you want to buy it back 10 years later, it will cost you a fortune.

Amen to that. It would be so cool to have my mid sixty's Honda 305 parked in my garage today. And not a replacement but the original.

That could be something every father could do for their son. Hang on to that first bike since often their responsible for the purchase and sell of that one.

dirkterrell
Tue Nov 20th, 2007, 08:23 AM

I still have mine. :D Hoping to finish the restoration over the winter and ride it a lot next year.

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/vf500f.jpg

Sortarican
Tue Nov 20th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Still have my first street bike, well somewhat.
Combined two to restore the one.

Quotes:
"Remember, the cycle you are working on, is a cycle called life."

"If it's stuck...force it. If it breaks...it needed replacing anyway."

CanAm
Sun Nov 25th, 2007, 10:21 AM
How about:

"Four wheels move the body, but two wheels move the soul."

and

"Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet."

Authors unknown.

Duc'nnit
Thu Nov 29th, 2007, 06:34 AM
"Well my friends, take my advise....Pull down your pants and slide on the ice." It has something to do with motorcycles, I havent figured out what yet. :siesta:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Dec 5th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Got any one line words of motorcycle wisdom for the masses? ie - Never, ever, sell a motorcycle to please a woman, never.
Ouch!

I got one: NEVER Armor All your tires! No matter how careful you are, some still gets on the tread. I don't know this from first-hand experiance, but in the early '80's I did crash in the street right in front of the M/C shop that had just put a new rear tire on for me......because they slopped tire-bead soap all over the tire and didn't clean it!:banghead::scream1: Shoulda sued them. Anyways, from now on, I use a rag and isopropyl alcohol, and some sand paper to clean and scuff the tires before I roll. New bikes included. Funny thing was, the shop parts guy (a friend) saw it, came out with his clipboard laughing (you'll need a left turnsignal, engine cover......). But the same exact thing happened to him a few months later when he took out a brand new Spectre 1100 they'd just uncrated for a test ride and it spit him off and he did well over $1k in damage to it before they could even put it on the floor. Now it was MY turn to laugh!

FZRguy
Tue Dec 11th, 2007, 10:07 PM
"The most important thing in life is to find an occupation that will support your motorcycle addiction."

suzinpink
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I was in Moab and on one of the dirtbike trailers a sticker stated..."there is no cure for that which is on here"

Tipys
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 10:59 AM
still have my first bike

Bashed
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Lack of preparation on your part doesn't
constitute a emergency on my part.

Refer to my sig line for more wisdom.

motorcycleman
Tue Jan 1st, 2008, 10:52 AM
Do not vote Republican

pilot
Tue Jan 1st, 2008, 12:07 PM
Never listen to your folks when they say you shouldn't date that 19 year old... And your near fifty.

motorcycleman
Tue Jan 1st, 2008, 05:57 PM
Never listen to your folks when they say you shouldn't date that 19 year old... And your near fifty.

dude, you are almost 50??!! :shocked:

gad damnnnn.......

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jan 1st, 2008, 06:14 PM

gad damnnnn.......

can you still piss and shit?

Watch your shit here buddy. U R in FOG territory now. :twisted:

**Where's my Flowmax???

motorcycleman
Tue Jan 1st, 2008, 08:27 PM
Watch your shit here buddy. U R in FOG territory now. :twisted:

**Where's my Flowmax???

I can smelll I mean tell I am in FOG territory, it smells like old Geeze...

:)

pilot
Tue Jan 1st, 2008, 08:52 PM

gad damnnnn.......

can you still piss and shit?Absolutely! But not at the same time.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jan 1st, 2008, 11:42 PM
I can smelll I mean tell I am in FOG territory, it smells like old Geeze...

:)

UR LAME --------------------- nothing more.

Bueller
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 07:52 AM
Just one more in a long line of pitiful trolls here.

motorcycleman
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
Absolutely! But not at the same time.

all in fun.

calm down folks, I am not a spring chicken myself

Squisha
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 08:45 AM

How do you know you're with the wrong woman? She wants you to sell your motorcycle.

motorcycleman
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Just one more in a long line of pitiful trolls here.

someone graduated from lump of #2 coal...

Bueller
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 09:46 AM
You find yourself funny, but you are lonely.

Sortarican
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 09:48 AM
"It's not WHAT you ride....it's THAT you ride."

motorcycleman
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
You find yourself funny, but you are lonely.

not at all pal, at least I am not a bitter depressed prick like you are.

Bueller
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:07 PM
Whatever dipshit.
You have a personality defect that has you signing on to boards to play the asshole until you get booted, then it's time to start over under a different name.
Your big man, been everywhere, done it all, knows it all persona has been done, it's old and worn out.

motorcycleman
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
Whatever dipshit.
You have a personality defect that has you signing on to boards to play the asshole until you get booted, then it's time to start over under a different name.
Your big man, been everywhere, done it all, knows it all persona has been done, it's old and worn out.

nice whatever pal.

reset yourself, you are the asshole of the day.

JT
Mon Jan 21st, 2008, 03:31 PM
Silly yuppie, trailers are for boats.

Sortarican
Mon Jan 21st, 2008, 03:39 PM
Ever seen a motorcycle parked outside a shrinks office????

That's a great one in Tipsy's sig line.:up:

CanAm
Tue Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:52 AM
That's a great one in Tipsy's sig line.:up:
Yeah, I bought a T-shirt with that on it as a gift once at The Right Card in Fort Collins.

DavidofColorado
Tue Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
It is just as easy to get another women as it is to get another bike. But your bike won't get pissed when you leave it outside over night in a snowstorm. Think about that when she tells you to sell it.
Motorpsychoman is Mr. Beefy returned. Just like Mr. Beefy doesn't miss a chance to turn a thread political. I bet he will start in about his hero Chimpy pretty soon.
I will vote republican as long as I can't afford the retarded dims.

Husky
Fri Jan 25th, 2008, 02:25 PM
No windsheild, No Doors, No Roll Cage, not even a seat belt at 170mph and we like it that way. Chunky Beast Racing If you can still turn left or right, you're just not going fast enough

puckstr
Sat Jan 26th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Never waste a "Hard-on"

Never trust a "Fart"

lovinCO
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 05:35 PM
My business coach quoted this today and I loved it...

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
-- Thomas Edison

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat May 17th, 2008, 10:49 AM
On old Draftsman once told me this very early in my career:

"Don't draw more lines in the morning than you can erase in the afternoon."

For anyone that's done work on an actual drafting board, you'll know what he meant.

Rednarb
Sat May 17th, 2008, 02:16 PM
"A bush in the hand is worth two birds any day!"
-Ken Lamkin

Snowman
Mon May 19th, 2008, 10:16 AM
slow is smooth and smooth is fast...

Duc'nnit
Wed May 21st, 2008, 12:35 PM
It is never ever about how old you are, it is all about the mileage.........:scatter:

RAGrote
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Not everybody takes evolution to heart.... and miss out on their true potential to the loss of everybody.

Whatever dipshit.

nice whatever pal.

reset yourself, you are the asshole of the day.

mtnairlover
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Got any one line words of motorcycle wisdom for the masses? ie - Never, ever, sell a motorcycle to please a man, never.

Fixed it for ya, Steve.:D

Found this on a whim of a Google search....

"Few are fortunate enough to spend their lives amidst grand scenery with vistas stretching for miles to the horizon. When your backyard is a mountain range, a lake, a nature preserve, or even a rolling farm, you are granted an inner peace with no visual boundary. The world appears at your doorstep and anything seems possible. In the absence of such daily splendor, we tour to recharge our batteries and gaze longingly at snapshots that will forever endure."

Look here for more...Easy Reader Tour Guide (http://www.garysosnick.com/EasyReaderTG/erstwl1.html)

Captain Obvious
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 09:21 AM
There are two types of bikes; those that have been down and those that that are going down.

I won't get it quiet right, but I once heard something to the effect of......
The need to go racing will make a heroine addict's jonesing seem like a craving for some thing salty.

longrider
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 01:11 PM
You dont quit riding because you grow old, you grow old because you quit riding.

Jim_Vess
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I saw this one on a bumper sticker the other day - "I bet you'd drive better with that phone shoved up your ass."

One of my favorite quotes comes from a Navy buddy just before he let me take a ride on his 1975 Kawi Z1. - "This bike will make you shit yourself." He wasn't lying.

SaShWhO
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 02:16 PM
just wondering why banned agro peckerwoods like motorcycle man can still post and then start e-thug shit no less??
hope I'm old enough to post up a question here?

dapper
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 03:14 PM
^check the date of peckerwoods post :)

Ultimatums are unloving. If the girl gives you a choice between the bike or her. Tell her, I'll help you pack! :D

SaShWhO
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 03:33 PM
leaning a motorcycle into corners is the only reason a guy should get down onto one knee.

ghostrider_9
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 03:39 PM
What about the most important one: ATGATT!

Jim_Vess
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 03:11 PM
... The Edge ... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. The others - the living - are those who pushed their control as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down, or did whatever they had to when it came time to choose between Now and Later.

-Hunter S. Thompson
Hell's Angels