PDA

View Full Version : Looking for more than just a back protector...

Anonymous
Fri Aug 6th, 2004, 01:50 PM
I want to protect more of my body when racing ... what do you all use (who do this)? Do you have armor installed in your leathers and wear chest/back plates, do you use a "suit" under the leathers, etc?

I thought Bohn made a full upper body suit but I am unable to find it, so I'm thinking they might not make it anymore. However I see a lot of track injuries that seem like they could be prevented using more complete armor, and figure it's worth the extra $.

mra828
Fri Aug 6th, 2004, 02:01 PM
I just use the armor in my suit (Syed - hard armor in shoulders, elbows, knees, and foam at the hips) and a Dainese plate back protector.

I know some folks use those Dainese armor suits (uppers) instead of having armor in their suits... they seem to like 'em as they don't rotate off your arm like leather can when you crash... also they usually have some chest protection.

I considered getting a chest protector a couple years ago - they make 'em, but I don't recall who/where... I remember an old Sport Rider mag had featured them.

I'm considering getting some snowboarder undershorts... with armor on the hips/tailbone. Last year my highside left me with a tailbone so sore that I was worried it was broken (wasn't...) and I couldn't sit down for weeks... I bet some armor down there would've helped.

On a side note - anyone wear a mouthgaurd racing? I saw someone on TV (might've been Rossi) who wears one... :? hmmm.

geoff

surfinspacegirl
Fri Aug 6th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Ralph, talk to Applesauce - he wears a badass set of armour under his suits.

lifeon2
Sun Aug 8th, 2004, 06:17 PM
try www.actionstation.com or www.bohnarmor.com

or http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7914618350&category=6750

you can find different models and sizes by doing a search for armor in ebay motors

Anonymous
Mon Aug 9th, 2004, 09:59 AM
I checked the bohnarmor.com site (I think that's what Applesauce uses), didn't see anything like a "suit" on there. I'll talk to him, maybe he just assembles various pieces.

yakuza
Mon Aug 9th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Mike uses armor from 661 (six-six-one) I believe it's motocross armor. Dan Audette also got one, I believe he got his from Tfog.

Zang
Tue Sep 28th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Did someone say "armor"? THIS is armor...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7922520450

Project Sh*tbox
Wed Sep 29th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Check into downhill mountainbike gear... like whats in that auction.

-ASC

brian38
Thu Sep 30th, 2004, 01:44 PM
EVS and SixSixOne both make jackets with armour in chest, shoulders, elbows and back. The SixSixOne looks like it has a better back protector.

Brian
TK Motorposrts