PDA

View Full Version : Helping Children

Jason ON
Mon Nov 26th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I am helping to collect toys and clothes for a non-profit mental health facility in Denver that works exclusively with neglected and abused children. Some of the children don't know their last names or the names of their parents, but all were abused either physically or mentally.

The organization is asking for people to donate age appropriate gifts to the children in their care under $25 for infants up to teenagers, both girls and boys.

Some of their suggestions are:

Twenty dollar ($20) Gift cards to Target, Wal-Mart, or music stores,
Gifts and new clothes suitable for ages one to 18 years old,
Stuffed animals,
Books,
Games,
Coloring books, crayons or non-toxic markers and art supplies,
Toy trucks and cars,
Sports equipment like soccer balls, footballs, basketballs, baseballs and accessories,
Baby dolls, Bratz and Barbie dolls (all ethnicities),
Legos, Tinker toys, and other building sets,
Educational games,
Model cars,
CD players and portable music players with batteries,
Backpacks, winter jacket and boots (infant and elementary school).Many of their children filled out "wish lists" ranging from action figures to socks and sweatshirts. What kind of kids ask for socks a sweatshirts? Simple: kids that have no other means or come from indigent families.

So, I thought I'd put it out to the CSC and see if anyone wants to donate. We will be dropping the gifts off to the children on December 13th so I'd like to have them sooner than that.

If I get a strong response, perhaps next year CSC can collect and donate as their own group but for now, I'd like to funnel all the gifts through one point-of-contact.

If you're interested, please PM me. I can either provide the name, age and "wish" of a child, or collect anything that might go to one in need.

Thanks,

shadigirl
Tue Nov 27th, 2007, 06:08 PM
I think I might be able to come up with an item or two. How do I get them to you?

Slo
Wed Nov 28th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Great thing here, pm me a couple of names, ages, and wishes and I'll some stuff to you....

guessinthe2000
Wed Nov 28th, 2007, 08:33 AM
could i paypal you some money and you can go buy some giftcards? thanks

Jason ON
Thu Nov 29th, 2007, 02:04 PM
could i paypal you some money and you can go buy some giftcards? thanks

I'm not entirely sure that's a good idea, but if you want to get some giftcards yourself and deliver them/mail them to me, I'll give you an address to send them to or we can arrange a meet time/place.

guessinthe2000
Sat Dec 1st, 2007, 04:56 PM
can you hook me up w/address to send them 2

Redflash3
Sat Dec 1st, 2007, 07:12 PM
I'm not entirely sure that's a good idea, but if you want to get some giftcards yourself and deliver them/mail them to me, I'll give you an address to send them to or we can arrange a meet time/place.

PM me your address and I'll send a gift card to you for the children.

guessinthe2000
Sat Dec 1st, 2007, 09:35 PM
I'll c if other people are down to help as well...

Redflash3
Tue Dec 4th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I'll be mailing off the gift card to you tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jason ON
Wed Dec 5th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks,

Jason ON
Fri Dec 7th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I'll be mailing off the gift card to you tomorrow.

Thanks,

Got it!:yay:

Redflash3
Fri Dec 7th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Got it!:yay:

Happy Holiday Jason and great you helping out the kids for the holidays.

Jason ON
Fri Dec 14th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks to everyone who donated. We were able to collect enough gifts for all 121 children who are being helped by the Mental Health Center of Denver (http://www.mhcd.org/).