PDA

View Full Version : Riding Boots

GSXR-ATW
Mon Aug 9th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Does anyone where to get a pair of riding boots that won't break the bank. Also what brands are better than ohters?

kevplus2
Mon Aug 9th, 2004, 09:01 PM
most people will suggest what they are wearing at the present time, and next year will like thier new boots even better.

so far i have had 2 pairs of alpinestars and 1 pair of sidis

the sidi vertebras were nice, but squeaked like all hell because of the spine down the back. they were comfy and gave alot of support. besides the squeaking (wasnt really a big deal) the sole at the toe started to let loose after 2 years because it didnt wrap over the toe at all. i hear the vertebra 2s are better

now i wear smx plus boots from alpinestars. like them alot but walking in them sucks. they also squeak due to the side supports. they vent well and really imobilize your foot/ankle and shifting took some getting used to since it was harder to move your foot

the instep in them is pretty flat as well, which really raises your foot on the peg when you arent resting on your toes. i ahd to move the shifter up quite a bit. other than that, they are great.

GSXR-ATW
Mon Aug 9th, 2004, 09:47 PM
where did you buy your boots?

silkboxr
Mon Aug 9th, 2004, 10:05 PM
check this web site good prices on boots.

http://www.ridegear.com/index.html

zPurpleRoom
Mon Aug 9th, 2004, 10:17 PM
I personally like the Diadora Evolutions. Very Comfortable, not too stiff, and seem to have mucho protection.

My 0.01

GSXR-ATW
Tue Aug 10th, 2004, 07:26 AM
thanks for the website, they do have some pretty good prices

Boy Scout
Tue Aug 10th, 2004, 08:05 AM
squeaked like all hell because of the spine down the back.
squeak due to the side supports
An occasional shot of WD40 will take care of that ;)

Stark
Tue Aug 10th, 2004, 01:49 PM
I didn't really want the whole racer look of the normal boots and wanted something that would work with jeans, so I picked up a pair of the Diadora Express boots (http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/34-DIA-3) ... like $130ish and I'm definitely happy with 'em.

-R

RaverDude
Tue Aug 10th, 2004, 01:52 PM
yea, I have the vertebra 2's and I love them, very comfortable to wear, wouldn't recomend you try to run anywear in them, but walking around is no problem, they squeek a little but some wd40 fixes that. i highly recommend them :)

kevplus2
Tue Aug 10th, 2004, 07:03 PM
squeaked like all hell because of the spine down the back.
squeak due to the side supports
An occasional shot of WD40 will take care of that ;)

i found honda polish to work pretty good to :)

i bought my current boots from... http://www.calsportbike.com/

voncon
Wed Aug 11th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Ok here comes your chance to make fun of me. I specifically did not want to wear "Ricky Roadracer" boots on the street... but didn't exactly want sneakers either. The ICON boots were on recall... so I went to Mile High Harley Davidson and bought a pair of black cowboy looking boots with a safety sole. They look good, can be worn in non-bike settings, are very comfortable and work well on the R1. Plus I think the look might keep me out of a couple tickets. :D

BrandonR1
Wed Aug 11th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Ebay.

I have the alpinestars SMX boots, had them for like 3 years now and they are just now starting to wear out... 8)