PDA

View Full Version : So does anyone race in the GP class of the MRA?

Titus
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I'm planning on gettin a little bit of 2-smoker love goin on (rs125/rs250) & am curious if anyone is running similar bikes in the GP lightweight class or any other classes? anyone? anyone?

Bueller
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 02:03 PM
There are a couple guys riding them, they are not on this board. The classes LWGP/ Supertwins GTU (for the 125) are Expert/Amateur, although you could technically ride them in novice GTU/GTO.
Colorado class and sportsman would be other options.

motobum
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 02:38 PM
if you did want to ride in the expert class as a novice you would have to talk to the new rider director mark from vanmar racing.

there was a novice on a 125 racing in the lightweight gp class. the grid is really small so i think they are all for getting more people in that class.

after this season im thinking about selling my 600 and getting a LG bike.

hcr25
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 02:45 PM
what is a LG bike?

albinohickey
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 10:34 AM
after this season im thinking about selling my 600 and getting a LG bike.

Bennie, if you do let me know. (this is Nick - R1 - we met at the MRA school, and a couple track days this year) Either myself or my buddy Greg that sold his gixxer1K at your dealer might be interested in your green machine. End of 08' I could be very interested.
:)

Slo
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 11:24 AM
There were a few guys at a track day a couple months or so ago, damn, can't remember one of the guys name, but.... if you stay patient in the straights and stay behind them, you see some pretty crazy lean angles and corner speed once in the turns. Grrrr, now I can't believe the guys name, and to top it off, he was just out there showing different people different lines, not even riding close to his potential.

If I can ever get the extra money, I would love to get a dedicated 250 bike, but a good one is still pretty pricey.

Bueller
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Grrrr, now I can't believe the guys name, and to top it off, he was just out there showing different people different lines, not even riding close to his potential.

Sean Jordan #137?

Slo
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 12:47 PM
I don't think that was his name, I remember they said he is or was in some AMA class racing, had a long pony tail.... I think you will know who it is by his pony tail.

TFOGGuys
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Ty Piz... former AMA 250GP guy... you may see him at the grid, briefly.....

hcr25
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 01:35 PM
It was Ty. He is not racing anymore but would be in the front if he was.
mike

TFOGGuys
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 01:40 PM
It was Ty. He is not racing anymore but would be in the front if he was.
mike

Rumor has it he's coming out to play again in '08....

hcr25
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 02:01 PM
That is a very good thing. I hope he does. Ty is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet at the track!
mike

Slo
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Very true.....this guy was helping whoever he could out there without you having to ask for it.

N1KSS1KS1x
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Was this guy at pmp for Bobs trackday? I rode with a guy on a 250 with yellow leathers shit was fun as hell. The corner speed and entry were so fast.

I wanna get like 94-96 tz250. or ive seen some that have stuffed a 650 fourstroke motor in umm that might be fun to.

hcr25
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Thats him!

motobum
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 07:15 PM
what is a LG bike?

oops... i mean lwgp (light weight grand prix!) come on mike you know what i mean!

motobum
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Bennie, if you do let me know. (this is Nick - R1 - we met at the MRA school, and a couple track days this year) Either myself or my buddy Greg that sold his gixxer1K at your dealer might be interested in your green machine. End of 08' I could be very interested.
:)

ya man... i love the bike, but i might want to try some other kinds of classes when i bump up to expert for the 2009 season!