PDA

View Full Version : Leathers Advice?

BlueDevil
Thu Apr 17th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Ok Ok so we all know U should get leathers that fit "Snug" I have a chance at a steal on a 1 piece suite and its REALLY snug. The suite fits great but it squeeeeezes the boys something horrible. WIll it stretch out in time or am I stuck talking an octave higher when at the track? Thanks all.

BladeRider
Thu Apr 17th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Dion,

I don't think it'll stretch much in that area unless you have iron balls. :lol:

The waist, knee's and chest area's will stretch, but not much. My 2 piece suit is a bit snug and has stayed that way for the most part. I guess if you sweat up a storm it may help, but from your description of how it fit, you should proabably pass. Or you could go on a diet. ;)

BlueDevil
Thu Apr 17th, 2003, 12:51 PM
R U calling me fat? Damn it why is everyone calling me fat? haha

Well Its not that its tight anywhere else (belly) its snug and confy. BUt a diet wont make the length of my torso shrink. haha Maybe I could develope a Mr Burns hunch? :lol:

Anonymous
Thu Apr 17th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Most suits are designed around the body position you'll be in when your riding - have you tried it while sitting on your bike? My suit is comfortable, even when standing up, but if I try to pull my shoulders back and "stand tall", it starts tightening up in the crotch.

BlueDevil
Thu Apr 17th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Nah I have only had it on while standing. Im headed to performance to try it on befroe I order online. Ill see if they will allow me to sit on my bike to make sure. If its comfy while riding Im ok with that. When I am standing Im in the pit and can unzip it and take down the top anyway.

Anonymous
Thu Apr 17th, 2003, 03:07 PM
When are you planning on going to Performance? They're 10 minutes from my office - maybe I could meet you there.

BlueDevil
Thu Apr 17th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Tomorrow bout 1015 or so am.... Maybe 11 depending on when I want to go to work. haha Want me to give U a shout?

Big-J
Thu Apr 17th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Hey Bob, Have you taken your leathers to get fixxed yet or what?? Are you goanna take them to Andrew's wife??

Anonymous
Thu Apr 17th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Tomorrow bout 1015 or so am.... Maybe 11 depending on when I want to go to work. haha Want me to give U a shout?Hmm, I work from home on Fridays, and they're not as close to my home (plus I'm not sure what my schedule's like for tomorrow).

Why don't you send me a PM when you're ready to go - I'm online & should be able to let you know right away.

BlueDevil
Thu Apr 17th, 2003, 03:23 PM
U got it. Im just trying on a suite and mabe lookin around a bit for fun. Ill hit U up. Mostlikely 10-15ish am

Anonymous
Thu Apr 17th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Hey Bob, Have you taken your leathers to get fixxed yet or what?? Are you goanna take them to Andrew's wife??I called AGV and told them what happened. They wanted me to send it in for inspection. I did that last week. I just got off the phone with them - they're going to send me a new suit. :up:

They acknowledged that there's something wrong with the suit, but because it's a new suit from a new manufacturer, they're unable to tell if it's my particular suit, or a problem in the manufacturing process, so they're sending it back to the manufacturer for them to look at it. The only problem with all of this is, (because it's a new suit from a new manufacturer) there's no guarantee that this won't happen again :shock:

Big-J
Fri Apr 18th, 2003, 08:56 AM
I think think thats cool as phuk that your geting a new suit :up: !! If you do happen to go down and it does happen again, will you but able to send it in again? I figure it only right that you should, if it's the same kind of defect and what not!

Anonymous
Fri Apr 18th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Good question - I'm not sure. I'll check into it. They offered me a different suit if I wanted, but I really like the one I had. Maybe I can get it reinforced or something...

yakuza
Fri Apr 18th, 2003, 09:41 AM
Maybe I can get it reinforced or something...

One word... duct tape! Oh wait that's too words. :lol:

Big-J
Fri Apr 18th, 2003, 09:43 AM
He already did that!!! :lol: :lol:

BladeRider
Fri Apr 18th, 2003, 10:14 AM
R U calling me fat? Damn it why is everyone calling me fat? haha

Just bustin' your balls Dion! Oh wait, you're already doing that. :D

Don't get something that'll give ya that hunched over lurch look. But then again, if you're always "adjusting" your suit, I'll be able to lap you a few times at SCR. :twisted:

Tom

Hoopty
Fri Apr 18th, 2003, 10:55 AM

Yes he did! :lol: It made him ride like a puss though. :D ;)

yakuza
Fri Apr 18th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Perhaps he should have used the new Kevlar-impregnated duct tape. :lol:

Anonymous
Fri Apr 18th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Yes he did! :lol: It made him ride like a puss though. :D ;)
:321:
:lol:

Sat Apr 19th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Dion, you may want to pass on the suit. I had a set of AGV's that did the same thing. It was so bad that I decided to have them modified. I took them to an alterations place and had them sew a piece of leather in the crotch for more room. I while later I had a slow crash in a practice session, and the crotch just exploded. I wasn't injured by it, but it was scary.

I never could find off-the-rack leathers that fit right, that's why I had the Vanson's made.

Anonymous
Sat Apr 19th, 2003, 11:19 PM
...and the crotch just exploded. I wasn't injured by it, but it was scary.

That's what she said... :lol:

Sun Apr 20th, 2003, 08:21 AM
I was waiting for that, a bit too easy.......

BlueDevil
Fri Apr 25th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Thanks for coming down and keeping me company Spiderman. It was good chattin bike with ya. Your R1 is really coming along. Looks good. I like the tape works kit alot.

Anyway, I found the right size and decided on a different suit anyway. haha I got a better one for a great deal. Its snug but I dont talk like a girl when I am wearing it. :lol: Fits very nice and looks good too. I cant wait to try it out today.

I ended up getting the Teknic Lightning leathers. Got it from newenough.com for 369.00. A steal for a brand new set of leathers.