PDA

View Full Version : Someday this is what it will look like at the MoCo

pilot
Fri Dec 14th, 2007, 11:28 PM
I'm sure this is an old repost, but I found it while scouring the CSC main pages. Funny stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfegtZbNi_0

Xtremjeepn
Fri Dec 14th, 2007, 11:39 PM
WOW! That really takes me back with all the classics.

Love watching the guys drag a knee on a scooter.

denverbusa
Mon Dec 17th, 2007, 10:00 PM
I can only assume that was a sanctioned day but it was awsome to watch that many bikes/scooters going at it. I wonder how many "incidents" there were as having an "open free for all day" must have brought out the crazies.

Good find Pilot! Where could we get a free for all without effecting cagers ability to get where they want to go.

I vote for Swan Mountain rd!

pilot
Mon Dec 17th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Were you with me on that ride with the Wheelie King up in Dillon? We had dinner after riding with that guy and his buddies that ran out of gas out by Steamboat. Yah, you were there. Anyways, that guy use to organize a race on swan mountain years back. He said it would be cool to do it again.

denverbusa
Tue Dec 18th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Without a doubt that guy was the fastest person I have ever ridden with. Seemed like he could pull us by a hundred yards on any given corner. Made it look so smooth like he was just puttin along. Didn't he say he rode AMA or that he just knew several of riders? They opened it to anything you brought down, bikes or cars. He said he won fastest time (on a bike) if I remember right.

That would be a great road for that type of timed event. I don't think I would want to be pushing it with all those scooters (or any other bikes) coming the other direction.

pilot
Tue Dec 18th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Whoever that guy was he sure was a hell of a nice guy. I think Joe Turek was also on that ride. That was one of those, "let's go this way rides" and see what happens. If I remember right he owned some 2 wheeler/boat/ATV place in Dillon and now is in the land business around the world. He held some kind of wheelie championship too. Didn't he say something like 30 or 40 miles on one wheel?

Anyways, it sure would be good to see racing/riding go to a new public level. That would be good for the sport. So few people even know the MRA and Pueblo, etc., even exist (outside of the participants and their families).