PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for upgrades?

konichd
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 10:56 AM
What other upgrades are there that I might be missing? I really don’t want to do internal engine mods or lightweight wheels, also no real cosmetic upgrades.

So far here is what I’ve done:
-Puig double bubble windscreen
-CRG shorty levers
-Speigler brake lines
-CF front fender
-Versrah race sintered pads
- Race brake fluid
-P&P quick preload adjustors
-Valtermoto adjustable rearsets (on order)
-Cordona quick shifter
-Barracuda exhaust with an Arrow Cat eliminator
-Power commander
-K&N air filter
-Fully safety wired
-LSL frame sliders
-Pitbull swingarm sliders
-Heavier fluid in Ohlins damper
-DID chain and stealth sprockets
-Harris Gas cap

Mods I’m doing this winter:
-Repaint bodywork
-Race Tech suspension
-Dynojet Ignition Module
-Upgraded front Nissin calipers and MC
-Attack clip-ons
-Powdercoat rims
-Gilles chain adjusters

Jayock
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 11:14 AM
With the Ignition module, a quickshifter. Brembo MC. Rear shock. If this is for your 6, an aftermarket damper. 520 chain and sprockets. Full exhaust with a custom fuel and ignition tune for U4

konichd
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 11:16 AM
^^^For my 06 ZX-10R :) But I'll take your suggestions and apply them to my 6R, Thanks!

Devaclis
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Best upgrade for the money:

Buy a Honda

Does the "Race Brake Fluid" make you faster?

The best upgrade you can make is to the rider. Your bike will always be a piece of shit and there is nothing you can do to make it better until you can race like a MotoGP rider.

salsashark
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 12:04 PM
http://www.ohgizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/flux_capacitor.jpg

1.21 gigawatts baby!

McVaaahhh
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 12:07 PM
How you know you've done too much shit to your bike:

When you can't even think of what else to upgrade.

Do you have vortex fluid caps?

McVaaahhh
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 12:08 PM
How about sweet, kawasaki grips?

NOS Stickers?

Fog lights baby!

~Barn~
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 12:38 PM
If you're not going to lighten the wheels, then lighten the other stuff. Some ceramic rotors would be a nice little Daddy part.

rybo
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Penske, Ohlins or HyperPro rear shock...

re-valve/re-spring the front end. Race Tech is fine, but Ohlins and GP Tech also make great parts for the insides of your forks. If you really want to go big get an Ohlins R&T front fork...

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 02:31 PM
David-

Why don't you really geek it out....here are some ideas.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r46/Motorbiker_photos/NewsPics/oldNewsPics2/Kawasaki-Gold.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r46/Motorbiker_photos/NewsPics/oldNewsPics2/Kawasaki-Gold-2.jpg

N1KSS1KS1x
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Tank Hacking speaks of a new one that really changes the bike. Its alot narrower and no longer metal. Yo you should really think about wheels I've heard nothing but good things about this mod. Some say its a big change.

konichd
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I don't know if I could ever use an Ohlins shock to the fullest so thats why I was looking at revalving, springs, etc. With the money I save I can do other mods. My goal is to improve the bike overall without loosing reliabilty.

+1 on the wheels, but 2G's is a big investment.

Jayock
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 03:12 PM
It takes alot of skill to use any shock to its full potential. But if you can use one at 80% -- An Ohlins 80% is going alot faster than a stock 80%.

McVaaahhh
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 03:19 PM
I know there's some companies that make custom triple's that are a bit lighter. :dunno:

Lotsa folks like to do HID headlight kits.

Corbin Seat?

konichd
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Attack makes a race triple but its 800 bucks. Right now that 800 can be used in other area's to improve. I'm just looking for additional mods that provide the "best bang for the buck" and as I run out of those I'll start looking into other high end parts.

pauliep
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 03:53 PM
DK
Where are you getting your race tech suspension?

konichd
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I bought a 07 rear shock and I'm going to have TFOG do the work.

Then your sister is going on the back ;)

pauliep
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 04:04 PM

... on top of you and ride your ass like a slow kawi?:turtle:
http://www.explosivefightvideos.com/thumbnails/11850698394675.jpg

Jayock
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I would still throw a 520 with regear on you 10. The only suggestion limited to the 6 was a damper, since the 10 comes with an ohlins out of the box.

konichd
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 04:10 PM
^^I did put heavier fluid in the Ohlins damper (The 6 has a GPR) and I did go +2 on the back of the 10 but did stick with the 525 chain for a little more longevity.

*KEN*
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Set it up with data acquisition!

lovinCO
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Set it up with data acquisition!

Actually, yeah! How about a lap timer for when you go to the track?

N1KSS1KS1x
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Bet that is a good one add some Private sessions with Oralando to the list

rybo
Thu Dec 20th, 2007, 09:04 PM

With me on the front...

Clarkie
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 07:41 AM
It takes alot of skill to use any shock to its full potential. But if you can use one at 80% -- An Ohlins 80% is going alot faster than a stock 80%.

I agree, just because you cant use something to 100% of its potential doesnt mean it's a good idea.

I dissagree with the following as both a racer, and someone that has done a lot of coaching

The best upgrade you can make is to the rider. Your bike will always be a piece of shit and there is nothing you can do to make it better until you can race like a MotoGP rider.

sometimes a bike just sucks and wont do what it should straight from the factory, take the ZX10 for instance (sorry couldnt resist :siesta:), no seriously though. Some bikes 'need' tripple clamps, some bikes are great from the factory

Wheels are a big one, some people say they are so light the effect the rotation of the earth when they are spinning (think about that one...) but me, I have a $3000 set of Marchesini Mag wheels and i cant tell the bloody difference.

konichd
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 08:10 AM
I'm going to order a 1/5 throttle (do you use anything like this clark?) and a GiPro gear indicator.

I agree on the suspension but $600 dollars vs $2,000+ I just can justify the cost with my lack-luster skills. Maybe in a year or two when I get some more track time under my belt. I'm just looking to do some overall upgrades.

Its coming to you Clark for a dyno-tune!

Devaclis
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 08:22 AM
I dissagree with the following as both a racer, and someone that has done a lot of coaching

Quote:

sometimes a bike just sucks and wont do what it should straight from the factory, take the ZX10 for instance (sorry couldnt resist :siesta:), no seriously though. Some bikes 'need' tripple clamps, some bikes are great from the factory

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!! :)

I was being sarcastic in that post BTW.

Clarkie
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 08:34 AM
I'm going to order a 1/5 throttle (do you use anything like this clark?) and a GiPro gear indicator.

ya i have small hands and need a shorter throttle twist, on the GSXR it is as easy as installing a R1 tube

Clarkie
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 08:38 AM
I was being sarcastic in that post BTW.

ya I know, it was just an easy copy and paste. I see a lot of people 'fighting' the bike when they ride, these people need instruction, i see other bikes wobble around a corner like a wet noodle, these bikes need help so the rider can relax the death grip on the bars

something to think about, I have run a certain gearing combination on the track and ridden my ass off struggling to get to a certain lap time, I changed my gearing, rode just as hard and dropped 2 seconds a lap. In this case the bike was the issue, sometimes rider, sometimes bike, sometimes both :)

konichd
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 08:39 AM
Unfortunately from what I've read its a little more work on the ZX10, cable adjustment and modifying the stock housing :(

mushin_man39
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 10:14 AM
Some tuners (i.e. SR Tuning) have better response form BMC filters over K&N at altitude.

Jayock
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately from what I've read its a little more work on the ZX10, cable adjustment and modifying the stock housing :(

Or you could just buy the kit with with new housing and tube :)

konichd
Mon Dec 24th, 2007, 11:11 AM
^^I don't know anyone that makes a complete kit. There is a performance shop that makes a new throttle kit for $25 bucks. Just have to modify the cables slightly and the housing. :)

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Dec 24th, 2007, 03:56 PM
http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=E80061

I'm looking at using this one on my six.

konichd
Wed Dec 26th, 2007, 08:16 AM
^^^Nice, but not $200 bucks nice :lol: Now to order my attack clip-ons