PDA

View Full Version : The Brothers Hayden Book

Spicee Brown
Sat Dec 22nd, 2007, 10:39 AM
Early Xmas present from my roomie/track day buddy. Very well done, I recommend it to all Hayden fans, and even the closet Hayden fans! There are many, many vintage pictures. I remember seeing them at 12 and 14yrs at MOROSO in South Florida, they were racing WERA on tiny 125 GP bikes. Written by Chris Jonnum, of road racer X fame. Also, a former staffer of Mountain Bike Magazine ( or was it BIKE? ..anyway, he's a mountain biker so he gets my vote.). Any last minute holiday ideas for the armchair racer? Go get it! Ill give info on the publisher, but Im sure you can go online.
Also, got a cool Vale calendar from Europe from the ex (shoulda married her, she likes Rossi and Hayden). It goes well with my Vale FIAT replica model. Stay away, thieves.

Hope you all have a great holiday, and may the moto gifts pour in!

Dave

eklew
Sun Dec 23rd, 2007, 10:25 AM
Yeah, my girlfriend's dad ordered it for us over thanksgiving from Barnes and Noble and we still have yet to see it arrive on our doorstep. WTF? I am glad you got to flip through it though.

Spicee Brown
Sun Dec 23rd, 2007, 11:08 PM
I'd lend you mine but the pages are a bit sticky. Enjoy your copy when it arrives. david Bull Publishing is West VA, I do Believe.
2 months till WSBK starts up! Happy off season!

Hang in there !

Matrix
Mon Dec 24th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the great idea! I needed something to entertain me for the next few days other then :drink:.

Matrix
Tue Dec 25th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Book was very entertaining. Unfortunatly it didnt kill near enough time. I read through it in a few hours. Pictures were exceptional. That family has had a interesting life to say the least. I would have given my left _____ to growup like that.

Devaclis
Tue Dec 25th, 2007, 01:14 PM
The Sweetie Pie got me this for Xmas :)

Spicee Brown
Tue Dec 25th, 2007, 10:01 PM
...Alls Ah kows Is my mah and dads took me to Dayton-ah...roofs was leakin' and we put that off just to race...
Good stuff. now go out and get steve McQueens book on all his cars and bikes..thats my next read.
Snow Snow SNOW and my 636 and Rd 350 can only be idled in the garage...at least the KAwi wont foul a plug..
Happy new years all..see ya at the track(JOKE).
Spicee MRA 164 novice