PDA

View Full Version : Racing 2 Save Lives Charity Announces 2008 Dates

CBRChick
Fri Dec 28th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Denver, CO – December 28, 2007 – Charity track day organizer Racing 2 Save Lives has released dates for its 2008 events, after a fourth year of successful fundraising for children’s charities with donations totaling $90,000 in 2007.

R2SL is excited to kick off its 2008 tour with a return to Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah, on June 4th and 5th. This event is uniquely situated between World Superbike/AMA and WERA Nationals, providing race fans, arriving racers, and R2SL’s loyal participants a chance to experience Miller’s unique layout and hospitality once more.

Next up, R2SL will visit the new Motorsport Park Hastings in Hastings, Nebraska on July 10th and 11th. This track boasts two and a half miles of twists and turns that riders rave about and a community that welcomes track day participants and racers. This event will precede an exciting weekend of MRA club racing.

Topping it all off, VIRginia International Raceway will host R2SL for a second season from August 10th through the 14th. Participants at the 2007 VIR event were begging R2SL to come back for ’08, and they will get their wish! The AMA Superbike Big Kahuna round will follow four days of riding the beautiful turns and elevation changes that make up VIR.

Racing 2 Save Lives is also pleased to continue offering free track instruction at all events, opening the door to sport bike riders of all levels to come experience the thrill of track riding. R2SL Vice President Ralph Forsythe remarks, “Over the years, we’ve refined our program, and 2008 promises to be the best yet! Our participants, sponsors, and volunteers have helped us donate significantly to children in need, and we’re looking forward to continuing that tradition. The culture of safety and ‘smart riding’ we promote also ensures that participants will have fun while doing a great thing for the world around them.”

For more information on participating or volunteering, visit R2SL’s web site at www.racing2savelives.org (http://www.racing2savelives.org/), www.myspace.com/R2SL (http://www.myspace.com/R2SL), or call 303-767-RACE.

Racing 2 Save Lives (R2SL) is a 501(c)3 charity founded in 2004. R2SL runs unique track day events for motorcyclists, raising money for carefully selected children’s charities in the communities it visits.

Sully
Fri Dec 28th, 2007, 02:24 PM
:bananna: :yay:

Sortarican
Fri Dec 28th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I may just have to spend my birthday week in Utah?

konichd
Fri Dec 28th, 2007, 03:42 PM
RAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swademaster
Fri Dec 28th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Looks like I might be going to Miller for the first time and returning to MPH this summer.

Redflash3
Fri Dec 28th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah, baby it's on once again.......I can't wait!!! :hump:

rforsythe
Fri Dec 28th, 2007, 06:36 PM
As a side note, we'll also be doing the CSC-KCSB meet at the Hastings R2SL event! Come out, meet up with some new folks, ride on a kick ass track, and get to help some kids in need at the same time. :up:

CurtisRR
Fri Dec 28th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Can't wait! I've posted on the CSBA board and 3 boards in St. Louis. Hey Hastings is only a little over 7 hours so hopefully I can get a bigger STL contingent to participate.

eklew
Fri Dec 28th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Sounds like fun!

Redflash3
Sat Dec 29th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Sounds like fun!

Whaz up eklew I hope you two had a great Xmas and upcoming New Year.

rybo
Sat Dec 29th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Can't wait! I've posted on the CSBA board and 3 boards in St. Louis. Hey Hastings is only a little over 7 hours so hopefully I can get a bigger STL contingent to participate.

Curtis,

Thank you always for your support. It's great to have you at the events and I look forward to riding with you in 2008!

Scott

Redflash3
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 08:20 PM
I have a friend who wants to participate in this years R2SL and he was wondering if supermoto bikes were allow. I couldn't recall if they were or not.

rforsythe
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 08:41 PM
Yes, however we aren't going to have the SuMo course so he'll be mixed in with the road bikes - as such he will probably have to spend some time with a rider coach just making sure he can hold a line, is comfortable getting passed at high speed (which he will), etc.

Redflash3
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Yes, however we aren't going to have the SuMo course so he'll be mixed in with the road bikes - as such he will probably have to spend some time with a rider coach just making sure he can hold a line, is comfortable getting passed at high speed (which he will), etc.

Thanks rforsythe.

madvlad
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:06 PM
hmmmm Utah sounds tempting this summer...... must resist temptation ahhhhhh!!! lol

rybo
Wed Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:48 PM
hmmmm Utah sounds tempting this summer...... must resist temptation ahhhhhh!!! lol

Come to the dark side.....(we have cookies!)

Ghost
Sat Jan 5th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Miller's a great track, I'm glad it's back on the menu.

Guess I'll put in my time-off request *early* this year, so I don't get boned like last time when I couldn't get out of work...