PDA

View Full Version : Detach Your Battery Tender!

Bugkiller1
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Tomorrow (Sat 1/5/08) it should be 58 degrees according to the internet, which by law is NEVER wrong. Who is gonna be out there?

McVaaahhh
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Considering my street is still a friggen skating rink...

Bugkiller1
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Mine too; North facing driveway. My plan is to put down some 10 by two's to get out.

Devaclis
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 08:09 AM
put down salt, get out a shovel, hire a fucking neighbor kid to clear the way. Just get yer damn bike out!

Bueller
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Ice Melt.

dirkterrell
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I'll be out. Rode into work today. Still have 100 yards of packed snow and ice to trek through from the end of my driveway to clean road but keeping the speed up a little and using the clutch carefully made it fairly easy.

Dirk

64BonnieLass
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 09:06 AM
You guys are rock stars. :rock:

I looked for an escape route this morning to get the bike out and there is just no way. I can't find a pathway to safely get the bike out. Sidewalks icy, street is a sheet and I'm on my tippy toes as it is. :cry:

I hope as many people can get out and enjoy the weather as is possible. Have fun you guys.

Devaclis
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Terri, I can get your bike out for ya. If you really want to get out, let me know. I am an enabler :)

Xtremjeepn
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 09:18 AM
There is at least 6-8 blocks of down hill ice pack in every direction from my house.:(

Battery tender? Man I have ridden the thing at least once a week. Who needs a battery tender?

TFOGGuys
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Bit the bullet and outriggered the FZ1 down the block and a half of ice ruts to the much smoother ice of the main side street, thence to something resembling pavement. Not too bad really. :)

Squisha
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 10:10 AM
OMG can you all say JONES? :shocked: I think I've got the same situation as many of you guys...alley of ice. But I am calculating in my head as we speak how much ice melt it would take...

Devaclis
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 10:11 AM
buy a couple of 1x6 boards and push your bike out to the street on those.

Squisha
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 10:16 AM
oh WAIT!!! a really long runner of CARPET !! lol...dang you guys are a bad influence. Yes, I'm blaming you all for my not tuning up my car this weekend like I'm supposed to.

Devaclis
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Shit, toss the bike in the back of your car, drive to dry pavement, then ride!

dragos13
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
trailer it to pueblo. tomorrow is an open track day with decent temps. should be a good time.

McVaaahhh
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 03:15 PM
trailer it to pueblo. tomorrow is an open track day with decent temps. should be a good time.

oooohhhh, now that is what I need...

arcatacat
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I got both the bikes AND the girfriend's scooter out and about today.

:)

It was wet and dirty, but I'm gonna do it again tomorrow.

FACT.

Xtremjeepn
Fri Jan 4th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I saw the Aurora PD out on their BMWs today.