PDA

View Full Version : Who would you buy a new bike from? Xtreme or Grand Prix?

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Jan 8th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Which dealer does a better job on setup and who deserves the sale more? Xtreme Performance in Castle Rock or Grand Prix in Littleton? And where should I take my new bike for service? Thanks!

Bueller
Tue Jan 8th, 2008, 06:56 PM
OTD (out The Door) (http://otdcyclesports7.reachlocal.com/coupon/?scid=433785&cid=133106&tc=08010817551489100&kw=3924114&dynamic_proxy=1&primary_serv=otdcyclesports7.reachlocal.net&se_refer=http%253A%252F%252Fsearch.comcast.net%252 F%253Fq%253DOTD%2526cat%253DWeb%2526con%253Dbetaa) on East Colfax.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Jan 9th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Unfortunately, they don't have what I'm looking for.

Xtreme, Grand Prix, and Fay Myers do. Any thoughts on the best dealer for a new bike? Who does the best setup? Best follow through? Thanks

Devaclis
Wed Jan 9th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Check out the Shop experiences thread. There are some threads in there that may help you. I have never, and most likely never will, purchase a bike from a stealership. Too much markup, too much BS to go through to pay the price you want to pay.

Bueller
Wed Jan 9th, 2008, 10:14 AM
GP and Fay both have many critics for their service and setup fees, watch out for the "extras" they want to tack on. My opinion is go for Gap Insurance and screw the rest, extended warranty and disability is a scam.
Haven't heard good or bad about Xtreme, but I would probably look at Vickery before GP.

salsashark
Wed Jan 9th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Vickery FTW...

Got a great deal on my 14, so prep, handling, or other BS charges

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Jan 9th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I like Vickery but they don't have my bike either. Assuming there are no dealer fees at all, and you got the price you wanted, which one would you choose?

dirkterrell
Wed Jan 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM
You're looking for a ZX6R as I recall. If so, check out Rocky Mountain Kawasaki in Longmont. My brother-in-law got his there and they have treated him well.

Dirk

salsashark
Wed Jan 9th, 2008, 10:49 AM
which bike did you decide on?

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Jan 9th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I like the ZX6R.

My main concern is the quality of the initial setup. After that I'll probably take everyone's advice and use TFOG for service I cannot do myself.

dchd1130
Wed Jan 9th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Extreme has allways been good to me. Talk to Chris Tori.

TT5.0
Wed Jan 9th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Buy my 06 zx-6 with only 550 miles and save yourself some cash.......
(shameless self-promotion)

fairrpe86
Wed Jan 9th, 2008, 04:31 PM
+1 for TFOG. As far as buying the bike goes, I have heard both good and bad about both places but havent experienced any of them excpet Grand Prix and that has only been for parts.

pilot
Wed Jan 9th, 2008, 09:01 PM
When it comes to making a purchase on a bike you may want to spend a little time getting to know different dealers, large and small, and see which one feels the best for you. Sure, some places may charge less, or cut fees if you ask, and that is all well and good. Money is an important issue. Having a good understanding about how the service department works as well as parts can be very valuable. Things will be different at the counter at 3 PM on a Wednesday vs. 1 PM on a Saturday.

My experiences at Grand Prix have always been good. I set up my maintenance times in advance and stick to the schedules. I also understand that a large shop has a different method of ordering parts than a smaller shop. I'll be the first to admit that I have taken my bike over to Mountain Thunder for service work. They run a small shop atmosphere and can be quite busy at times. Yet, Joel always takes time out for a little friendly chat.

When it comes to saying thanks (tipping), hey, we do it for someone bringing us a sandwich--so why not work on a bike or a quick supply of parts, I've found that a case of beer goes a long way. Sure, this isn't how everyone would do it, but it's my way or the highway and I like to ride the road.

motorcycleman
Wed Jan 9th, 2008, 10:37 PM
OTD (out The Door) (http://otdcyclesports7.reachlocal.com/coupon/?scid=433785&cid=133106&tc=08010817551489100&kw=3924114&dynamic_proxy=1&primary_serv=otdcyclesports7.reachlocal.net&se_refer=http%253A%252F%252Fsearch.comcast.net%252 F%253Fq%253DOTD%2526cat%253DWeb%2526con%253Dbetaa) on East Colfax.

right next to your fav-o-rite bath house....

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Jan 10th, 2008, 05:25 PM
So, I've been to all the dealers near me and finally found a salesman that actually rides a sportbike. He was the most informative guy I've talked to yet. I feel I can work with him. I don't expect miracles from service departments and I'm sure that no matter where I go for service, I'll have to pay more than I had hoped. So I'm going strictly on price right now. I'll post my buying experience this weekend after the deal is done. Thanks for the input.

jplracing
Thu Jan 10th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Everyone on this board is going to have there favorites. At the end of the day you want to deal with a person not just the shop in general.

With that said Chris Norris at Coyote and Joe Jarvie at Fay have always taken good care of me and I will continue to shop with them.

Just my .02

Joe

motorcycleman
Fri Jan 11th, 2008, 08:48 AM
www.copowersports.com ..... they have ALWAYS given me deals at the price I am happy with....

I advise that you "Pay Caysh"

Or arrange YOUR OWN financing through your bank or credit union.... get the best interest rate on the market that you qualify for, even a personal loan....

walk out with "title in hand"

rforsythe
Fri Jan 11th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Everyone's gonna have an opinion on this. I agree to talk to salespeople, and find the place that works for you. Find someone you can build a relationship with, since this is likely not going to be your first purchase. My dealer-purchased bikes have always come from Fay, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't consider another place as well if the right bike came along. Every shop has people with good and bad experiences, but if your personal one is good then there is no reason not to shop where you feel you're getting what you need as a customer. For some this is the absolute best price, for others this is the best possible service (which usually doesn't carry the lowest price, though they should still be competetive). Some like exotics and the atmosphere, so they'll end up at a place like Erico. Others are just loyal to one place and one place only, drink beers with the owner, and will go there until they die. It's so subjective, you kinda just have to decide what's best for you and go from there.

Ghost
Fri Jan 11th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Your buying experience will typically come down to the salesman you work with more than the dealership itself, find one you like and trust and work with him (or her). Prices are typically going to be close, and most will price match. Bear in mind that new/hot units will typically cost more than non-current/hold-over or slow-selling units.

Your service experience depends on the shop and the techs. Good shops with poor techs and good techs in poor shops both mean poor service. If you come on a non-busy day your tech may have time to talk to you directly, otherwise you'll have to find a service writer you like and trust him to convey what you want done to his tech, and then call you back with any follow up.

Either way, enjoy the new bike!

Initial set-up? You mean un-crating and building or do you mean setting sag, etc?

ryan
Sat Jan 12th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Which ZX6R are you looking for? Weve got 08s in stock right now. Coincidentally, I even ride sportbikes too! Let me know what youre looking for, Ill make it a good experience for everyone.

BTW, thanks for all the good remarks on Vickery, Bill will be glad to see them!