PDA

View Full Version : Two Brothers Pipe?

Killa Kawi
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Im thinking about getting a two brothers carbon fiber pipe for my new kawi when it comes in. Does anyone know if these pipes are worth the money, i have always baught yoshi pipes, never had anything different.

DavidofColorado
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Get them as long as you cut weight you are doing better.

gsxrscott
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Isn't Muzzy Kawi stuff?

The_Jackel
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Two Brothers make a very nice system. We have installed several here at the shop. In my opinion they provide the deepest sound and also the best sounding... they sound alot like Arata on the bigger pipes. They are also very high quality and the ones I have installed were for sure lighter than Yoshi!! You will enjoy it.

salsashark
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Had a TwoBros stash setup (http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=919stash&searchstart=0&template=Templates/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Hon-919-Stash.html) on my 919... basically a 4 to 1 setup with a fake can on the other side with a lockable cap.

Nice quality, good sound... had no issues. I really liked the rapid temp loss opposed to the scorch fest that the stock pipes doled out...

Killa Kawi
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 12:03 PM
sweet..thanks alot guys for the great information, i am definately gonna get them.. :)

konichd
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Im thinking about getting a two brothers carbon fiber pipe for my new kawi when it comes in. Does anyone know if these pipes are worth the money, i have always baught yoshi pipes, never had anything different.

Brothers are crap on Kawis, spend your money on Akro's, Arrow or a RaceFit system. check out www.zx-10r.net (http://www.zx-10r.net) for more info on exhaust setups. People actually loose HP with two brothers.

Also what Kawi are you getting? ZX6, ZX10, what year? I have an 06 zx10 and 05 zx6, let me know if you have any questions. FWIW my ZX10 has a barracuda GP with arrow cat eliminator and my 6 has an Akro

MetaLord 9
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I've also heard good things about BEET's as well

konichd
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 01:54 PM
^^BEET are good but its tough to go wrong with a RaceFit growler setup. Also HP makes some nice exhaust depending on Model/Year

Killa Kawi
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 01:56 PM
i am gonna get a 2008 ZX-10R ..and really ok then no two brothers for me..haha

konichd
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I'm getting the same bike, Akro makes a sweet setup for the 08 model!

Killa Kawi
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 02:16 PM
really?..would you recommend the akro?

konichd
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I'm getting an Akro or RaceFit growler on my 08.

Killa Kawi
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 02:33 PM
ohh pretty..haha wow thanks man ur a great help...ima check out the racefit

konichd
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 02:37 PM
No one is actually producing an exhaust for the 08 that I know of. Akro has made some for race teams (WSBK and AMA) but nothing is out on the market yet. I'd wait until the end of summer before I'd be concerned about the exhaust. Get the suspension dialed in and you'll be good to go.

Killa Kawi
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 02:41 PM
thanks..sounds good..will do..heh heh..

MetaLord 9
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Akra had trouble getting their pipes out for the demand until about June for 6r this year so I'd assume they'll be similar for the 10r's '08 re-doing.

DK, who/where can I get my suspension dialed in? I'm still on stock settings, but I'm not track-ing the bike so is it even necessary?

konichd
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 02:53 PM
^^^Factory settings are crap, IRDAVE or TFOG are the only peeps I let work on my suspensions. TFOG just re-kitted my ZX10R rear shock and did a great job. IRDAVE dialed my ZX6R in at Miller and its been spot on. When I was down at VIR I got some Ohlins internals in the front forks of my ZX6 and they said IRDAVE was right on with the settings. Can't go wrong with either of them!

Give either of them a PM and have them set your sag/preload/etc. This is usually one of the first mods I do to my bikes.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 03:31 PM
^^BEET are good but its tough to go wrong with a RaceFit growler setup. Also HP makes some nice exhaust depending on Model/Year

David-

The Racefit Growler is badass (my #1 choice)...but, there is only one distributor of this slip-on in the U.S. that I know of, www.hammythecanman.com (http://www.hammythecanman.com) , and it's pretty damn expensive for a slip-on only at $799.00. Sure it's got a killer sound, made of quality (grade one titanium) materials and handcrafted, but damn, $799.00 for a slip-on?

I really wanted the Growler, but opted to get a different slip-on and a PCIII for about the same price as the Growler.

konichd
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 03:33 PM
^^^ZX10R.net members get a discount. You can get a RaceFit for @ $500 bucks through a number of Site Sponsors.

Plus Suzuki riders are fuckin' idiots so they know you'd pay it ;)

rybo
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Don't forget to check out LeoVince. They make awesome exhaust systems!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 03:37 PM
...Plus Suzuki riders are fuckin' idiots so they know you'd pay it ;)

I frickin' love you man....:doublefinger:

konichd
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 03:38 PM
:lol:

The real question is did you save enough $$$ to get all your neon?

Keepitgreen
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Plus Suzuki riders are fuckin' idiots so they know you'd pay it ;)

You got that right! Bunch of damn Queebs.

Hey Dk, when are you gonna get some video with some good sound of that new pipe you got?

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 03:44 PM

The real question is did you save enough $$$ to get all your neon?

Nope, just the streamers for the bar ends. :slappers:

konichd
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 03:50 PM
You got that right! Bunch of damn Queebs.

Hey Dk, when are you gonna get some video with some good sound of that new pipe you got?

Shhhhhhh! That project is top secret :slappers:

You should hear it now with the Arrow Cat eliminator I installed :music:

The_Jackel
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 03:57 PM
No one is actually producing an exhaust for the 08 that I know of. Akro has made some for race teams (WSBK and AMA) but nothing is out on the market yet. I'd wait until the end of summer before I'd be concerned about the exhaust. Get the suspension dialed in and you'll be good to go.

Off the top of my head..

Two brothers has the slip on in stock for the 08. They will have the full system in about a month.

Akro will have theirs in about 3 months..

Leo Vince will have the full system in about a month and a half, all versions.

Yoshis Slip ons will be in stock on the 21st and full systems will be out in about a month.

konichd
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 03:59 PM
^^Holy shit I just got Ninja'd! :(

The_Jackel
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Brothers are crap on Kawis, spend your money on Akro's, Arrow or a RaceFit system. check out www.zx-10r.net (http://www.zx-10r.net/) for more info on exhaust setups. People actually loose HP with two brothers.

They dont gain as much as some systems but from what I have seen they dont lose power from stock.

The_Jackel
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 04:02 PM
lol :drink:

konichd
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 04:02 PM
A few ZX10R members dyno'd their bikes and noticed a 1-2 HP loss with the Brothers Slip-ons. It would be one of the last exhaust I'd even consider.

DavidofColorado
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Not all suzuki riders will pay whatever it costs. There is about 1 in 10 that doesn't have the money or a new Creditcard that is burning a hole in their pockets. But with those odds how can you go wrong. I am going to start selling fuzzy dice with a pocket in them for a red flag I'm sure $600 is a reasonable starting price with coupon.

konichd
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 05:54 PM
^^^This wisdom is brought to you by a guy that bought "Butters" bike. :)

Killa Kawi
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 07:34 PM
wow so many choices..so little time..hahaha

gsxrscott
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I got a Taylor Made slip-on for the gixxer, and now you can't hardly even see it, and only a little louder than stock. Retail is $650 but I got a deal after my buddy wrecked his gixxer, still new in the box! The only other mod I have is a K&N filter and Clarkie dynoed it at 117hp with no tune on it. He said with a Rapid Bike module and a tune I should be at 130hp on race gas. So I don't think thats too bad!

Keepitgreen
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 07:59 PM
So does that mean that the "Taylor Made" can come in handy when you go to the golf range as well?

I got a Taylor Made slip-on for the gixxer, and now you can't hardly even see it, and only a little louder than stock. Retail is $650 but I got a deal after my buddy wrecked his gixxer, still new in the box! The only other mod I have is a K&N filter and Clarkie dynoed it at 117hp with no tune on it. He said with a Rapid Bike module and a tune I should be at 130hp on race gas. So I don't think thats too bad!

DavidofColorado
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 09:57 PM
^^^This wisdom is brought to you by a guy that bought "Butters" bike. :)
Don't be hating, because my bike is paid for.

gsxrscott
Tue Jan 15th, 2008, 10:47 PM
So does that mean that the "Taylor Made" can come in handy when you go to the golf range as well?

Huh? I must have missed something. I sold my clubs, to buy bike parts.

Killa Kawi
Wed Jan 16th, 2008, 12:32 AM
but if i have to wait for the pipe then i will..but i just hate riding around on a stock pipe, and the same with the parachute hanging off the back of brand new bikes, i usually take it off in the parking lot right after i buy the bike, i take the stupid reflectors off as well...

DavidofColorado
Wed Jan 16th, 2008, 03:54 AM
What parachute are you talking about? You don't think that the reflectors provide a great place for radar guns to aim at? Your crazy.

konichd
Wed Jan 16th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Don't be hating, because my bike is paid for.

FYI both of my Kawi's are paid for asshole :alien: Take some advice and shut your fuckin' mouth when you don't know what your talking about

Keepitgreen
Wed Jan 16th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Can't we all just get along?
Maybe we should do our own show of PINKS!
I got a bike to run.
Who's in?

I ain't kiddin'..

DavidofColorado
Wed Jan 16th, 2008, 10:37 AM
FYI both of my Kawi's are paid for asshole :alien: Take some advice and shut your fuckin' mouth when you don't know what your talking about

You started it. Besides I was clowning on Suzuki's when you chimed in about butters bike.

Keepitgreen
Wed Jan 16th, 2008, 10:41 AM
mmmm... butter....

Killa Kawi
Wed Jan 16th, 2008, 05:45 PM
mm..butter, with cookies.

Clarkie
Thu Jan 17th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Can't we all just get along?
Maybe we should do our own show of PINKS!
I got a bike to run.
Who's in?

I ain't kiddin'..

I'm in :)

hcr25
Thu Jan 17th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I'm in :)

You already lost Keepitgreen!

konichd
Thu Jan 17th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Clarkie has to use a 85 Honda Spree, even then I'd probably loose my bike :(

Keepitgreen
Thu Jan 17th, 2008, 10:15 AM
You already lost Keepitgreen!

It's all for fun.. Besides, I don't mind losing a '99 Ducati 750ss.. Hell, it ain't even green so I gotta get rid of it somehow.

Somebody call that PINKS dude and tell him we want an ALL OUT with bikes here in Denver! When he asks when, you say "RIGHT FUCKIN' NOW PAL".
:drink:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Jan 17th, 2008, 10:22 AM
It's all for fun.. Besides, I don't mind losing a '99 Ducati 750ss.. Hell, it ain't even green so I gotta get rid of it somehow.

Somebody call that PINKS dude and tell him we want an ALL OUT with bikes here in Denver! When he asks when, you say "RIGHT FUCKIN' NOW PAL".

If you tell him you're racing Clarkie, he'll tell you not to waste his time...just sign the pink slip and hand it over.

Bueller
Thu Jan 17th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I don't know if Clarkie can go straight though, he'll be trying to drag knee.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Jan 17th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I don't know if Clarkie can go straight though, he'll be trying to drag knee.

Keepitgreen
Thu Jan 17th, 2008, 10:33 AM
So when do drag races start up around here? I wouldn't mind going out and seeing some and stuff.

Clarkie
Thu Jan 17th, 2008, 10:43 AM

I would love a 750SS! :)

Keepitgreen
Thu Jan 17th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Let's just say we don't race and I don't get my ass handed to me.
How much would you spend for one? Maybe we can negotiate something, 'cause that Matt Black next to 'ol Green doesn't mix well.

Clarkie
Thu Jan 17th, 2008, 11:33 AM
I got a bike to run.
Who's in?

I ain't kiddin'..

:)