PDA

View Full Version : rocky mountain mini moto

dues201
Sun Jan 20th, 2008, 04:59 PM
any one intrested in running in this league. Ive got a crf 50 and would like to run that or set up an 80. It sounds like fun. Anyone run it before?

eklew
Sun Jan 20th, 2008, 09:59 PM
I know that Joe on here is interested and so am I, however my 50 is now a 110 with a manual clutch!!!!! I could put the 50 motor back in but it will not be the same.

Joe
Mon Jan 21st, 2008, 04:22 AM
Definitely! You're right though, and I probably need to raise the bike up an inch or so.

Eklew, you can't put the 50 back in. That's like dumping your bigscreen and going back to a 13" black and white.

Dues201, check out http://www.supermotojunkie.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58
if you haven't already, they've mentioned MiniTard racing recently on there.

dues201
Mon Jan 21st, 2008, 06:55 AM
yea Ive been following it on SMJ also. Im kinda wondering what other people are going to be running, if I should go with an 88 and manual clutch in the 50 or if there will be enough people running close to stock 50 mini motos. what were you guys plannin on running

Joe
Mon Jan 21st, 2008, 07:03 AM
As long as it is not too much more to run another class, I will run my 49cc with only handlebar mods. That will only be entertaining if there are other 49cc'ers, otherwise, like mentioned on SMJ, it will be extremely boring for the other riders who have to wait around. I guess we call all bring them, and if there is enough, then we battle it out to the death!

dues201
Mon Jan 21st, 2008, 01:19 PM
works for me, if its too boring, Ill put a big bore on it and really get it done. Ill be there for sure.

mxpimp
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Me and my buddy are interested we both have crf 50s but there 125s

dues201
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 02:29 PM
take a look at their website, I think that puts you in to F2 or F3. I ended up building an 80. Havent had a chance to test yet, but hopfully sunday at IMI.

the first race was cancled due to low turnout so, get the bikes set up and head down to CRE for the next race.

www.rmminimoto.com (http://www.rmminimoto.com)

swademaster
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Sounds interesting. I wonder if my son will let me use his crf50.

Joe
Fri Jun 27th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Just for an update... (and because this forum is a little dead)...
I raced with the MiniMoto guys at the RMSupermoto round last Sunday.

Including myself there were only 2 stock Honda50 dirtbikes. The other guy (I apologize for not remembering your name, but don't take it personally; I can't even remember what I had for breakfast) whooped me in the heats, but I was right on his tail during the race until he blew out a rear tire.

It was FUN. That was the whole point of it. If you can't go there with a bike under one arm and a rubber chicken under the other, then you might as well not show. The funniest thing I saw was 3 trucks in line to get into IMI without bikes in their beds, only to find out that the bikes were so small, you couldn't see them over the bedrails.

Yes, a 125cc CRF50 would have been faster, but not more fun. There are a poop-load of ways to go faster, but that's not the point, and I thank the Mini-Moto guys for showing me that. I hope to see you guys again!

Matty
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:59 PM
i'm down.... oh and i swear my 50 does not have a 125cc kit in it!

let's race.

Yes, a 125cc CRF50 would have been faster, but not more fun.bullshit..... my bike is hella fun, when it runs. lol. used to take it out to BMX tracks back in SoCal.