PDA

View Full Version : New Mex

newyork1
Mon Jan 21st, 2008, 08:49 PM
Yo fellas and ladies its gettin close to new mex. I'm itchen and very ready. Not sure whos goin but the people who are serious we should meet up sometime and make some arrangements to mobb down there. It will be good times. ONE

D Berns R6
Mon Jan 21st, 2008, 11:18 PM
My dad, my buddy, his dad, and I are all headin down friday sometime. I will post up times as soon as I get a better picture...Who else is for sure going and when?

newyork1
Tue Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Its goona be Me, n1kss1ks1 (nick) and one of my other friends. We were talkin bout leavin at like 7am. Where are you guys stayin? I havent got a hotel yet

JPrider
Tue Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:32 PM
I'm rolling as well...I will probably leave Friday afternoon. I'm going to rent a trailer for the bike unless someone out there has room for my bike.

JP

D Berns R6
Tue Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
We are leaving early as well and I believe we are staying at La Qinta for $89 a night for four people, Holiday Inn is $59 but you don't get a breakfast, but i believe that is for four people.

newyork1
Tue Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Cool I'll check out some hotels. Do you know what's closest to the track?

newyork1
Tue Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:38 PM
I'm takin a pick up down there with 2 bikes but my other friend whos comming has room for one more. When it gets a little closer we can arrange something

ZiaThunder
Wed Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
I think the La Quinta is closest.

jplracing
Thu Jan 24th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Cool I'll check out some hotels. Do you know what's closest to the track?

Demming NM is like 10 blocks long or something like that. The track is around 10 miles away. So staying close isn't really that important

JPrider
Fri Jan 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I'm takin a pick up down there with 2 bikes but my other friend whos comming has room for one more. When it gets a little closer we can arrange something

I agree, once it get's closer let's meet somewhere!:up:

SixnChange
Sun Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:52 PM
anyone interested in carpooling down there? it's a long drive to go solo

N1KSS1KS1x
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Time is is coming quick We should meet up this weekend. Where ya'll coming from and where you wanna meet up. We could hit up the newly formed site sponser for watch Gp the two brothers on araphoe. Or Americas or cals

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 10:40 AM
anyone interested in carpooling down there? it's a long drive to go soloWe've been trying to figure out if we wanna make this drive. I don't have much 'stay-awake' power after about 6 hours of driving. Kim is about the same. I guess if the situation was right, we'll do it.

Here's where I'm at...

I have room for at least another bike in my toy hauler. I can also pull another trailer (i.e. more people to split driving) as long as it's not over 25' long and weighs less than 3,200 lbs.

Therefore, you would need to be able to drive with a 30' 5th wheel (and maybe another trailer) and not scare the shit out of us!! This is a full width (8'-6") trailer and it tows like it's not even there. Even with my boat added on, it still tows like nothing is back there. If ya start gettin' sleepy, it can become a hand full!! Not to mention if we're pullin' two trailers.

We would leave Friday morning and come back Monday morning.

So, with that said...

SixnChange
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 01:19 PM
We've been trying to figure out if we wanna make this drive. I don't have much 'stay-awake' power after about 6 hours of driving. Kim is about the same. I guess if the situation was right, we'll do it.

Here's where I'm at...

I have room for at least another bike in my toy hauler. I can also pull another trailer (i.e. more people to split driving) as long as it's not over 25' long and weighs less than 3,200 lbs.

Therefore, you would need to be able to drive with a 30' 5th wheel (and maybe another trailer) and not scare the shit out of us!! This is a full width (8'-6") trailer and it tows like it's not even there. Even with my boat added on, it still tows like nothing is back there. If ya start gettin' sleepy, it can become a hand full!! Not to mention if we're pullin' two trailers.

Even without another trailer, gas will be pretty steep.

We would leave Friday morning and come back Monday morning.

So, with that said...

I could prolly pull a 5th wheel, i've done a lot of towing. Although... I'm now bringing my girlfriend in the tiny tacoma so I've got my transportation covered. I'm planning to go on Friday afternoon

badly in need of a racetrack lately :)

Sully
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Soooo.... has anyone been to this track before ? Are they corner workers ? Emergency crew ? Is this safe for riders ?

Kristian
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Would love to go, but saving my PTO for other adventures.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I could prolly pull a 5th wheel, i've done a lot of towing. Although... I'm now bringing my girlfriend in the tiny tacoma so I've got my transportation covered. I'm planning to go on Friday afternoon

badly in need of a racetrack lately :)No worries. We're probably gonna take some sleds up to a cabin deep in the mountains anyway. I'm dieing for some track time, but a lot of people tell me the track isn't worth the drive.

N1KSS1KS1x
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 05:09 PM
aww man you guys should come, shit and vids I've seen track looks fun as hell

UglyDogRacing
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Soooo.... has anyone been to this track before ? Are they corner workers ? Emergency crew ? Is this safe for riders ?

yes yes and yes

jplracing
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Hey Guys

Just got off the phone with Roger (the guy who ownes the track) and told him there is a good size crew coming down.

If you plan on signing up for both days you can do it at the track for the same price as preregistering. If you are only doing one day you need to preregister online/fax

Bike prep will be minimal. Tape your lights, make sure the bike is in good condition with good tires, pull the mirrors and your done....anitfreeze is ok.

same gear requirements as PMP...full leathers, gloves, boots and back protector

Camping is ok

Let me know if you need anything else.....

Joe

N1KSS1KS1x
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Will it warm enough at night to camp?

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Will it warm enough at night to camp?Absolutely!! Especially with my thermostat set at 70!!

...and a DVD playin' with a capt'n 'n' coke in my hand!

N1KSS1KS1x
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Lol Yeah but my tent aint a toy hauler yo

jplracing
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Will it warm enough at night to camp?

You must have me confused with Kathy Sabine....... so, ummm, how the hell do I know???

Seriously though it is the desert, so it does get cold but how cold I don't know. and since it is the desert I wouldn't want to camp in a tent....rattlesnakes and stuff

In terms of camping I was referring to dean with his RV

J

N1KSS1KS1x
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Oh I thought you had been down there this time of year before sorry.
I'm not quite on rv status just yet but some day soon

UglyDogRacing
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 06:29 PM
i have been down there before this time of year. it is the middle of the desert and it does get cold at night. expect for it to drop below freezing.

jplracing
Wed Feb 6th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Oh I thought you had been down there this time of year before sorry.
I'm not quite on rv status just yet but some day soon

Nick, I was teasing with the kathy sabine comment.

I have been there in the spring and in the fall. I don't know what the night time temps are this time of year but I do know that weather.com is calling for high 60s during the day

Joe

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Feb 7th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Lol Yeah but my tent aint a toy hauler yo
Shit! Kim and I used to be really into mountaineering and would camp up at A-Basin this time of year. Obviously, you need the right gear (-15 bags, North Face Expedition 25 tent). We would wake up with a layer of ice on the entire inside of the tent and on top of our bags. Still perfectly warm, though.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Feb 7th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I might have a problem. I've been dragging my feet on getting my truck into the shop for a front end alignment and a "Ford only" tranny flush. No drain on the converter so you have to take it to Ford. That's B.S.!!!

I also have a warranty issue with my drive shaft. I'm gonna call in a few and see if I can get it in and back by next weekend...

N1KSS1KS1x
Thu Feb 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Nick, I was teasing with the kathy sabine comment.

I have been there in the spring and in the fall. I don't know what the night time temps are this time of year but I do know that weather.com is calling for high 60s during the day

Joe

Oh Its all good Joe :)

N1KSS1KS1x
Sun Feb 10th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Well alrighty then I see all of you in pits down there eh.

D Berns R6
Sun Feb 10th, 2008, 09:04 PM
My dad, Jake, and I are going to be meeting up with Joe and Jim to caravan down there. We should be leaving around 8 or 9 am if anyone else wants to jump in the line.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Feb 11th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Can't get my drive shaft fixed in time...

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Feb 12th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Its looking like we will be driving down with some snow and rain mix.
Mid to high 60's though at arroyo sat and sun.

Anybody wanna stay and ride Mon. ?

SixnChange
Wed Feb 13th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I'd love to go, but my truck just lost its power steering.
20 hours of driving a non-power-steered truck doesn't sound like any fun, sorry guys. see you at pmp this summer :turtle:

D Berns R6
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 10:42 AM
So with all this snow who else besides nick and wes are going? We still plan on leaving at around 8-9am.

Gramps
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 10:57 AM
We have a group going down on Saturday, riding Sunday, then returning Monday.

see ya down there!

jplracing
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 11:38 AM
The forecast changed and they are calling for rain/snow Saturday.

So, Jim, Sasha and I are out

Joe

D Berns R6
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I just called Roger? and he said low 50's on sat and low 60's on sunday...?

dragos13
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I just called Roger? and he said low 50's on sat and low 60's on sunday...?

low 50's is plenty. plus it'll get you guys ready for round one in case the weather is cool.

good luck down there guys, ride hard and have fun!!!

D Berns R6
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I called him at 12 pm today and he said 20% chance of snow but it has only snowed once in 6 years. The people who make the weather forecast live on the opposite side of New Mexico and on the other side of the "mountain range" so he said snow is not likely to come down. If it did, the track is in a spot warm enough to melt by 8 am and start riding. I'm still going with jake and my dad. What about Nick & Wes? Jim, Joe, and Sasha are still contemplating it. See you all there!

Dingle

Wahooman
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Derek...have fun down there. i thought i might be able to swing it, but bike isnt ready really....finally took it up and down the street yesterday but still needs some "clarkie magic" done with some mapping.
If things change quickly I will let ya know bro.
Ride safe and have fun!:)

D Berns R6
Mon Feb 18th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Well the driving sucked ass both ways, got caught in snow and ice. Other than that, I had fun. The track is bumpy as shiznit going counter clockwise but clockwise it was not as bad and a lot more fun....there were crashes, but only the locals, not coloradoans....nice to see all who showed up!

ZiaThunder
Mon Feb 18th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Even though the weather wasn't perfect, it was a great time. It was good to be able to put faces with the names.

Shame, you left early on Sunday, the afternoon was almost perfect. The track warmed up, the tires were sticking better and it was a lot more fun.

I hear that Nick and Wes, had even more fun today and the weather was perfect. No wind!

Gramps
Tue Feb 19th, 2008, 01:48 PM
a few pic's from this weekend

cjmagnuss
Tue Feb 19th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I had an awesome time! the drive was long but for 2 track days in a row with such a small group on the track. open track. so many sessions! my legs are killing me.. haha.

-Chris

sheispoison
Tue Feb 19th, 2008, 08:33 PM
It was awesome!! I had an awesome time. It was good to see all the other Colorado dudes down there.
carl