PDA

View Full Version : Ivan's TRE?

Jaydoc
Wed Aug 18th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Anyone have an Ivan's TRE on their Hayabusa or Gixxer 1000? I'd like to hear some opinions. Sport Rider used one in their ZX12 vs. Hayabusa article but I'd like to hear more.

kevplus2
Wed Aug 18th, 2004, 09:59 PM
i have a tre on my tls. the only difference between the one i bought (jsd) and ivans is price. the jsd was ~20 bucks and ivans runs ~75 bucks. that is alot of clams for a 15 cent resistor and 2 plugs. hell at least the jsd tre i bought is switchable (can turn it off to avoid hard starting)

on a tls a tre just helps to smooth out power delivery in 1st through 4th. there is no speed limiter, so there is no need to try and defeat it (a benifit you will definitely want for the busa). it does help smooth out the jerkyness in the lower gears though

here is a link...save some $$

http://www.jsdproducts.com/Products/products.html

GSXR-ATW
Wed Aug 18th, 2004, 10:23 PM
I had an Ivan's on my gsxr 600, to tell you the truth I really didn't notice too much of a difference, the ivan's was easy to install, just plugs right in

ripley311
Wed Aug 25th, 2004, 04:05 PM
i have a switchable tre on my 03 gsxr 1000 and it makes a huge difference. the stock ignition retard is only to half throttle but on the 1000 you only need 1/4-1/3 throttle to wheelie in first. If the sitch is turned to the stock setting it is very jerky and requires more throttle but with the swith in the other position it is very smooth and has much more torque. I got the switchable model just to prove to myself that ther was a difference and i am convinced that the difference is huge on the 1000s

Jaydoc
Wed Aug 25th, 2004, 10:28 PM
I just got Ivan's Smart TRE and notice a big difference in the lower gears. Power delivery is much smoother. Doubt I'll ever need the de-restricted top end but now at least I can say it's unrestricted :D .

Anonymous
Thu Aug 26th, 2004, 11:29 AM
FWIW the JSD TRE is a LOT less money than the Ivan's, and does exactly the same thing (all they are is a couple connectors and a resistor).