PDA

View Full Version : Vegas baby

bodhizafa
Sat Jan 26th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Has anyone rode to vegas? If so how long did it take? I'm thinking of visiting a buddy out there and thought it would be a good ride. In the spring of course.

~Barn~
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 08:59 AM
My boy Lambertson did it once (on an F4), to come meet us out there. He was tired, but said it was tolerable. A nights sleep, and he was back in true "Vegas Form".

If I remember right, it took him somewhere between 8 and 9 hours.
(Which is hauling, and straight through.)

Anyway... Enjoy!

vmax2003
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I would like to do that as well,that would be fun but I would take my time and enjoy the ride...

towneh
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 09:53 AM
a comfy, casual ride will take you about 12 hours. i've done the stretch many times as a ironbutt segment with considerably less time. it is all about stamina....
bus_henry :yumyum:

vmax2003
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Well i can understand that. Time would not be a issue. Vegas is Vegas....lol I just wanted to do the ride. Stay a few nights and then take off again. So basically 2 days off from work....lol.

towneh
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Well i can understand that. Time would not be a issue. Vegas is Vegas....lol I just wanted to do the ride. Stay a few nights and then take off again. So basically 2 days off from work....lol.

okay then... that being said means take the long-way home. do the park with the stretch known as Escalantes.... beautiful sweeps!

bus_henry :siesta:

vmax2003
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Cool...i like sweeps...lol

vegasbound
Wed Jan 30th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I rode to Vegas last September with my step Dad.

We took the long route through South West Colorado, Utah, and Arizona.

We covered around 2,500 miles over 7 days including 3 days staying in Vegas.

It was nice having a trailer attached to his Harley to carry all the comforts of home in!

I plan on going again this year, it's a great ride with an awesome destination!

pilot
Wed Jan 30th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Is that a shot of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon?

vmax2003
Wed Jan 30th, 2008, 04:03 PM
damn i wish i had 7 days to do that...lol. I did do Taos, NM in 5 days.. now that was fun. Rode angel fire and saw some really nice roads..