PDA

View Full Version : My Bike...

suzinpink
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 10:46 AM
So many of you know my bike hasn't been the same since that fate-full day at IMI. Comments have been made from dancing to the disco lights my brake lights do to wondering how I ride straight when everything is off centered.
As many of you know my friend Ryan borrowed my bike...to run an errand and came back stating he was going to steal my bike to fix it.:crazy:
So, as of Friday he showed up in his pickup and drove it away. He called me last night and went on and on for an hour about all the things he has found wrong so far. Jokingly he asked me if I took my bike dirtbiking... Cuz He found at least a pound of dirt and some missing parts from the accident in the airbox...!
He said my shocks weren't as bad as I previously thought... just that the last person who did them didn't put the washers back in the right place... he laughed and said my bike is going to sit several inches taller now... LOL. He said he straightened my front end so I can now "go where I'm pointing" and a new rear fairing.....
The list goes on and on and this is only day 3. I told him to keep track of all the parts he's putting into my bike, so I can at least pay him back.. and he said, "Happy early birthday, Tam". I mean he's even putting tires on it....
He's the bestest friend anyone could have....

gsxrscott
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Thats one for the Karma bank!

Sully
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Not sure if you still needed a left fairing, if so, pm me. :)

Devaclis
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 10:51 AM
That kicks butt! See, nice things DO happen to nice peeps :)

Now lets get that bike back together and hit the damn streets!!!

suzinpink
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Thats one for the Karma bank!
Tell me about it... this is only one thing this guy has done... he's litterally always there for me:)

Not sure if you still needed a left fairing, if so, pm me. :) I think he's repairing the one I have... thanks Sully!

That kicks butt! See, nice things DO happen to nice peeps :)

Now lets get that bike back together and hit the damn streets!!!

Awe! Soooo sweet! Thanks! I can't wait til I get it back. He said It's gonna freak me out the first time I ride with all the changes he's made to it... we should make that day a day we all ride together!

Devaclis
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 10:56 AM
You let me know when it is coming back and I will set the ride up :)

Sortarican
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Isn't this the point where DK should be posting up something like:
"The only thing wrong with your bike is that it's a GSXR?"

~Barn~
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 11:33 AM
That is freakin' tight. Props to dude, for doing that for ya!

konichd
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Nice! When Shortcake took a "digger" I fixed her bike up for her

Where are those pics.........

suzinpink
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 11:55 AM
You let me know when it is coming back and I will set the ride up :)

Will Do!

Isn't this the point where DK should be posting up something like:
"The only thing wrong with your bike is that it's a GSXR?"
Don't even get me started....

That is freakin' tight. Props to dude, for doing that for ya!
:)

rybo
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Nice! When Shortcake took a "digger" I fixed her bike up for her

Where are those pics.........

Don't do it DK...bad things happen.

Big props to the guy fixing up your bike. It's good to know there are good peeps in this world!

s

cdbouncer
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 01:07 PM
:shocked: your bike's supposed to "go where you point it?" huh......

suzinpink
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Big props to the guy fixing up your bike. It's good to know there are good peeps in this world!

s
Ya Scott.... I know you're one of them!

Uh huh

pilot
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Who's Ryan? Does he have a shop, work out of his house, is he available for others or just did this as a favor? Either way, sounds like you had some well needed work done.

TFOGGuys
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Ryan's a good customer of mine. Upright dude! Also on the board now and again....

suzinpink
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Who's Ryan? Does he have a shop, work out of his house, is he available for others or just did this as a favor? Either way, sounds like you had some well needed work done.
He doesn't have a shop but he is an airplane mechanic so his mechanical/fiberglass/welding skills are insane. He has more tools than most mechanics... so I guess his home could be considered a shop... lol.
Anyway, he posts on here from time to time as "nonstop"....

Ryan's a good customer of mine. Upright dude! Also on the board now and again....
Ya...we all went there the other day on our ride when he busted a bolt on tis wheel... lol... god that guy scares the living shit outta me sometimes

rybo
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 02:29 PM

I've been trying to tell you this for about 6 months now...

I know T is much better looking than I am, so I guess that's a good reason to believe her.

cdbouncer
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I've been trying to tell you this for about 6 months now...

:turtle: you know me.....always takes awhile to catch on

Nonstop
Mon Jan 28th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Ryan would be me here is some pics of her bike torn apart right now. Hopefully I will get to the rear suspension this weekend and get her forks rebuilt.

http://a511.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/109/l_70cb807dacd74a04b5e9c0da4dafe22e.jpg
http://a126.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/84/l_3bc1cfe4dfbf1a3de0b54b0f9a2f12a5.jpg

Hopefully we won't have to be dodging pieces of her bike goin down the road anymore lol j/k

suzinpink
Tue Jan 29th, 2008, 11:43 AM
OOOHHHH My poor baby! She's NAKED and you display pics of her nudity???? Oh Suzi! Sniffle sniffle... Mamma's here! LOL
Yay!!!!!!

Nonstop
Tue Jan 29th, 2008, 04:58 PM
OOOHHHH My poor baby! She's NAKED and you display pics of her nudity???? Oh Suzi! Sniffle sniffle... Mamma's here! LOL
Yay!!!!!!

Hey at least she doesn't look like she got raped by a earth worm now......

pilot
Tue Jan 29th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Looks like a busy shop for sure. Plenty of tools there for sure. What kind of work do you think you'll be doing on the suspension?

Nonstop
Tue Jan 29th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Looks like a busy shop for sure. Plenty of tools there for sure. What kind of work do you think you'll be doing on the suspension?

Replacing the rear shock with a resprung and valved one that I have laying around that just happens to be for a lighter weight than I am. The one that is currently on it is not adjustable because something is broken internally. Then I'm putting new seals in the front forks and putting them back together correctly. They were not assembled properly by someone previously so they were bottomed out that is why her bike road so rough. Thats about it depending on the condition of her stock dampner I might put some thicker fluid in it so it will be more effective.

suzinpink
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Oh Boy..... I heard a rumor my bike MAY be done for the Saturday ride.... MAYBE.. omg... I can't wait! If it's true....!!!!!!!!!!

pilot
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 11:55 AM
That is great news!

Also, how is the paint job on Jim's R1 coming along?

suzinpink
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 12:10 PM
IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!! WILL BE READY FOR SHOW AT THE BBQ'S ON THE 9TH... THEY THINK

V-Twin Villain
Tue Mar 25th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Congrats on getting you bike home. I'm price checking my parts list right now...it's going to get $$$$, but it will be worth it just to ride with your crazy a$$ one last time.

suzinpink
Tue Mar 25th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Congrats on getting you bike home. I'm price checking my parts list right now...it's going to get $$$$, but it will be worth it just to ride with your crazy a$$ one last time.

Awe Craig... you goofy goofball...
******luvs!!******

YA!!! GOT THE BIKE BACK!!!!