PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Daytona (200)?

Filo
Wed Jan 30th, 2008, 03:18 PM
It is that time of year again - is anyone going to the Daytona 200? If so, and if you are flying into Orlando on Wednesday night, would you like to give me a ride from the airport to the track/Daytona Beach Wednesday night? I'll even pay. If you are interested, let me know.

Scer
Wed Jan 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Hey dude. I will be in Daytona from Feb. 25th till the 9th of March. An option would be to rent a car for the day from Daytona and I can always pick you up. ?? I don't know my agenda for my time there just yet but if this seems like a good idea let me know and I can check if I will be busy that day. The 5th right?

rent on rentas

Filo
Wed Jan 30th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Hey dude. I will be in Daytona from Feb. 25th till the 9th of March. An option would be to rent a car for the day from Daytona and I can always pick you up. ?? I don't know my agenda for my time there just yet but if this seems like a good idea let me know and I can check if I will be busy that day. The 5th right?

rent on rentas

You know, I read your reply and didn't really understand it. Then I read my post and didn't understand *IT*. So, I edited my post. I am looking for a ride from the Orlando airport to the Daytona area (down near the track) Wednesday night. Yes, it is the 5th.

I will now step away from the cough syrup.

vmax2003
Wed Jan 30th, 2008, 03:44 PM
:drink::banghead:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jan 30th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I would still like to go one day.....even though the AMA has seen fit to f$ck it up and turn it into a mini-bike race......:banghead:

Honestly, now I only really pay attention to the SBK and 1000 SSTK race, altough I think they cancelled that class too......

Scer
Wed Jan 30th, 2008, 04:50 PM
What time does you flight get in Filo?

Frank..you really should think about going more than one day still.

Drink on drinkas

Filo
Wed Jan 30th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I would still like to go one day.....even though the AMA has seen fit to f$ck it up and turn it into a mini-bike race......:banghead:

Honestly, now I only really pay attention to the SBK and 1000 SSTK race, altough I think they cancelled that class too......

Frank, you should go. It is definitely different that any other race. There are a lot more Harley types than I first expected. Bring ear plugs if you expect to sleep.

Drink on drinkas

Flight gets in at 9:40pm.

dirkterrell
Wed Jan 30th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Frank, you should go. It is definitely different that any other race. There are a lot more Harley types than I first expected. Bring ear plugs if you expect to sleep.

One thing I miss being out here is going to Bike Week. Went every year from '84 to '94 when I was in college/grad school. Definitely something to be experienced at least once. We used to watch from the infield between turns 4 and 5 (in the old infield configuration) and you could see 3,4,5 and the west bank.

Dirk

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Feb 12th, 2008, 10:47 AM

Drink on drinkas
Yeah, I would go for all the days, even the MX and flat track, but I'll still never forgive the AMA for turning the 200 into a minibike race and killing the 1000cc SStock class:banghead::scream1:

One day I'll go.