PDA

View Full Version : OLD New Members - Introduce yourselves here

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20

Tylar
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Nope.

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I will never get past being a noob here will I?
:spit: Double n00b!!

R1-Laubinero
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 09:29 AM
you know a good admin would give me my post count back! haha

MetaLord 9
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Since I know that this will be a point of contention over the next couple weeks, let me just be the voice of experience that says the more people complain about their post count, the more severe the wrath of the mods (read: Mel)... :lol:

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Since I know that this will be a point of contention over the next couple weeks, let me just be the voice of experience that says the more people complain about their post count, the more severe the wrath of the mods (read: Mel)... :lol:
Hmmmmm.... :eyebrows:

MetaLord 9
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 09:53 AM
sigh... :rolleyes:

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 09:56 AM
sigh... :rolleyes:
:makeout:

jeepbill87
Tue Sep 28th, 2010, 11:57 AM
New member in Battlement Mesa, CO. Here is my bike, 1988 Hawk GT 647 Type I, Ported and polished heads, 700 cc kit, Two Brothers Muffler & Exhaust, CBR 900 RR front end with dual brakes, Fox twin clicker rear shock with external resevior, and stainless steel brake lines.

CoRR
Tue Sep 28th, 2010, 09:28 PM
2 new ones under 1 name.
She rides a 2010 blue 250 ninja (Her first ever street bike)About 100 miles on the street so far.
I ride a 97 900RR

We didnt ride much this year because we started late. AND the 5 yr old keeps her home. I work all over the west and take the 900 with me in the toyhauler.

She will be attending a safty course next spring to learn more (not the she is a bad rider just not use to the pavement yet)
We hope to ride with others next summer. Dinner rides and such.
Thanks for looking
James / Lana

BC14
Tue Sep 28th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I'm back, again.... Account got zapped..... Brighton, Kawi Concours14

Sarge
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Hello all! Been visiting for weeks, reading almost every day. Currently active duty military in Iraq, still here until about March '11.

A few weeks ago I had waited like two weeks to get my account approved so that I could post, and literally AS SOON as I was activated, (I was online when I got the email) and was writing my first post, the server crashed:banghead:

Anyway, been riding off and on for years, licensed for years, just retook the MSF case on leave in August, and just picked up this baby: :bow:

TransNone13
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Nice, you're from Carson?

Sarge
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Nice, you're from Carson?

Yup, so far I've only been there about 13 months, I have 21 months in Iraq though.:piss:

TransNone13
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Yeah I got there in March, April at JRTC, and Deployed to AFG in August.

Need to link up, I'm trying to get a group of MATURE military sport bike riders to push into racing (maybe a team?). I got into racing and I'll never look back (converted my 2009 CBR1000RR to track only, race bike). If you haven't done it, you haven't really ridden.

Sarge
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 01:41 AM
I know a few guys, not many. I'm working at the Brigade TOC right now and most of the guys in here (E-7+up) are either Hardley riders or just squids.

As a matter of fact, I was shopping for Frame Sliders the other day and this Hardley rider starts giving me sh*t. "You're PLANNING to CRASH your bike?" No, you idiot, I'm planning to ride it, and not just in a straight line.:slap:

TransNone13
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 01:45 AM
I know a few guys, not many. I'm working at the Brigade TOC right now and most of the guys in here (E-7+up) are either Hardley riders or just squids.

As a matter of fact, I was shopping for Frame Sliders the other day and this Hardley rider starts giving me sh*t. "You're PLANNING to CRASH your bike?" No, you idiot, I'm planning to ride it, and not just in a straight line.:slap:

I found the same thing, and far less officers have sport bikes than enlisted soldiers. Had some scary experiences riding out there with other soldiers, nearly every group ride I went on someone crashed. No more for me...

Sliders are a mixed bag. As far as racing goes, they can help protect the frame, engine case, etc but they can also cause the bike to flip when they snag something as they leave the pavement. I like engine case sliders with low profiles. Saved my bike when I put it down on the track, this deployment's savings is primarily for finishing my race bike. My wish list is at $14000 or so. I know putting money into it won't make a big difference, but it's just as much about how much I love working on my bike as it is performance.

BlueRanger
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Nice, I like the color combination.

Hi again evrbody! :slappers:

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 03:55 AM
Sounds like there are a few of us in Iraq/Afghanistan right now. Thankfully I will be back in time for the next race season. I am stationed out of Buckley so if you guys want to get a miltiary team together I would be interested.

TransNone13
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Sounds like there are a few of us in Iraq/Afghanistan right now. Thankfully I will be back in time for the next race season. I am stationed out of Buckley so if you guys want to get a miltiary team together I would be interested.

That would be awesome, we could all bring something to the table; which is kind of what I had in mind. I should be back early August 2011, and just itching to race. It will also be nice to team up with others who understand the hectic schedules and training events which may or may not interfere. A military team could lead to good things (motorcycle awareness etc). I for one know that the Army and its units do have a budget for unit sponsored sport teams... you just have to know the right people.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 04:25 AM
That would be awesome, we could all bring something to the table; which is kind of what I had in mind. I should be back early August 2011, and just itching to race. It will also be nice to team up with others who understand the hectic schedules and training events which may or may not interfere. A military team could lead to good things (motorcycle awareness etc). I for one know that the Army and its units do have a budget for unit sponsored sport teams... you just have to know the right people.

Yeah knowing the right people would be key. As everyone in the military knows the budget is messed up. All year long there is no money available. And then the last two months of the FY there is more money available than units can use. If they do not use it they will lose it out of next years budget. I will poke my nose into some things and see if I can get any idea about this stuff.

TransNone13
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Yeah knowing the right people would be key. As everyone in the military knows the budget is messed up. All year long there is no money available. And then the last two months of the FY there is more money available than units can use. If they do not use it they will lose it out of next years budget. I will poke my nose into some things and see if I can get any idea about this stuff.

I have this feeling if you push the words "safety", "awareness", "training", etc you might get further. Come up with some stupid acronym? RACE (Racing Awareness and Competition Experience), terrible I know but the best I come could up with in 2 minutes. Maybe even programs like BOSS could be utilized, (Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers).

Eh?

All Army Sports Program

The All Army Sports Program is designed to allow Soldiers to fulfill individual potential and rise to the highest possible level of performance. Soldier-athletes must be Soldiers first and outstanding athletes second. The All Army Sports Program is a crucible where athletic performance, military bearing and the human spirit of competition are realized. All Army Sports directly supports the readiness and well-being of Soldiers. Participants may be selected to represent the Army in Armed Forces Sports Championships, National and International competitions.
Soldier-athletes must apply for selection to the program. Applications are reviewed by the All Army Sports staff at Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation Command (FMWRC), and the Army Coach of each designated sport. Reviewing officials consider the background of applicants, to include recent past performances, athletic awards, and other standards. The application may be supported by newspaper articles, letters of recommendation, award certificates, or other forms of support. Command approval for selection is mandatory before applicants may be considered.
Counseil Internationale du Sport Militaire, known around the world as CISM, is comprised of over 100 nations whose military athletes compete annually around the theme of "Friendship Through Sports." Every four years, in the year prior to the Olympic Games, the member nations gather for the World Military Sports Games, which replicates the Olympic experience for military athletes. Performance in the Armed Forces Championships is used to select participants for CISM competitions.
For more information about this program - http://www.armymwr.com (http://www.armymwr.com/recleisure/sportsandfitness/all_army_sports.aspx)

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 04:57 AM
I have this feeling if you push the words "safety", "awareness", "training", etc you might get further. Come up with some stupid acronym? RACE (Racing Awareness and Competition Experience), terrible I know but the best I come could up with in 2 minutes. Maybe even programs like BOSS could be utilized, (Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers).

Eh?

Yeah it will probably take some stupid acronym to get something like this done. But hey if we have to come up with some lame acronym but get to race for a discount I am all for it.

TransNone13
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 05:02 AM
There's this too:

If you are interested in competing in a particular sport your first step is to contact your base or installation sports representative. You can contact the Sports Representative for your branch of service by clicking on the "contact AFS" link on the homepage.

http://www.armedforcessports.com/

tecknojoe
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm Joe. I'm moving to Highlands Ranch in a few weeks from VA. I've got a 2004 R6 and a 2008 WR250x. Love them both. I track the R6 occasionally so I'll be looking for good track day orgs next year. I also work with a volunteer corner worker crew out here called MARRC, so I'll be looking to cornerwork races out there too. I also snowboard a crap ton when it's too cold for riding. So between those two things, I'm usually either at the track or in the mountains. Hopefully I can get to a couple rides before it gets too cold so I can meet a few people, since I don't know many in the Denver area yet.

so if you see a WR commuting to Aurora in a few weeks, be sure to wave

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs035.snc4/34132_640731077933_31204425_36560250_6054638_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs030.ash2/34848_643159780793_31204425_36653161_6146181_n.jpg

oh yea and I WAS lurking for a while but WW3 happened and the website deleted me :(

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Welcome. What bring you to CO from VA? If your commuting to Aurora I am guessing military of some kind.

asp_125
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Welcome Joe. Check out the MRA board, there's one race left in the season out at High Plains Oct 9 & 10. http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=9982

tecknojoe
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Welcome. What bring you to CO from VA? If your commuting to Aurora I am guessing military of some kind.

My brother and sister both moved out there after college, now it's my turn. I've visited every year and always loved the area. There's so much more out there than there is here in VA. I got an internal transfer with my company, I'm just a lowly software engineer

I'm glad I'm getting out there right before snowboarding season. Hopefully the weather stays warm enough for me to check out some roads on the R6 and WR. I don't ride like an asshat in the street though, I save it for the track.

oh yea, and it looks SO WEIRD to see people riding without helmets when I'm out there, I can't believe people do that

Welcome Joe. Check out the MRA board, there's one race left in the season out at High Plains Oct 9 & 10. http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=9982

I would be there!.... but I'm moving around the 17th or 18th :(

Count on me being at a LOT of the local races next year. Also one of my goals is to convince someone to let me cornerwork motogp at Laguna Seca next year, and make a big ride out of it.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Doing corner work at a GP even would be cool. I would have a hard time putting my camera down and actually work though. Seeing people ride without helmets was weird to me to when I moved from Cali. I do not understand how people could not spend the money to protect their dome just to look "cool."

MetaLord 9
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm Joe. I'm moving to Highlands Ranch in a few weeks from VA. I've got a 2004 R6 and a 2008 WR250x. Love them both. I track the R6 occasionally so I'll be looking for good track day orgs next year. I also work with a volunteer corner worker crew out here called MARRC, so I'll be looking to cornerwork races out there too. I also snowboard a crap ton when it's too cold for riding. So between those two things, I'm usually either at the track or in the mountains. Hopefully I can get to a couple rides before it gets too cold so I can meet a few people, since I don't know many in the Denver area yet.

so if you see a WR commuting to Aurora in a few weeks, be sure to wave

oh yea and I WAS lurking for a while but WW3 happened and the website deleted me :(
Those WR's are a crapload of fun! Where in VA are you heading from?

tecknojoe
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Doing corner work at a GP even would be cool. I would have a hard time putting my camera down and actually work though. Seeing people ride without helmets was weird to me to when I moved from Cali. I do not understand how people could not spend the money to protect their dome just to look "cool."

that GP event would most likely be in July. since I try to do something awesome every year for my bday, I think that'd be the event to do. Plus riding to Laguna from Denver is a hell of a lot easier than riding from Va. maybe I'll be able to strap a helmet cam to my hat so I can get rossi on tape saying "eehhhhh tank youz mister corner perrson, tank you for help picka up my bik-eh"

Those WR's are a crapload of fun! Where in VA are you heading from?

I know! It's my first sumo and I got it earlier this summer. I'm moving from Fairfax VA, about 20 mins outside of DC.

MetaLord 9
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Ha, I know where that is. I grew up in Alexandria and went to school in Fairfax County.

tecknojoe
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Ha, I know where that is. I grew up in Alexandria and went to school in Fairfax County.

OMG I'm so sorry to hear. Well, we've both made it to a much better place now. Let's try to forget about it and move on, we'll be OK

Sarge
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:10 AM
I grew up in Southern California, but moved out about the time I got my Drivers License. So, sadly, I have never experienced the joys of lane-splitting. :cry:

As far as no helmets in Colorado, I was sort of shocked myself. Being Active Duty Military I don't have a choice either way, but I've always associated helmets with motorcycles, period. I mean, you wouldn't go skiing/snowboarding without boots, would you? Note a direct analogy, I know, but its alien to me why you wouldn't.

TransNone13
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:12 AM
I always thought helmets were part of the sport bike thing, you know you always get one to match.

Florida is bad too, they put them on their seats and never take them off.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I grew up in Southern California, but moved out about the time I got my Drivers License. So, sadly, I have never experienced the joys of lane-splitting. :cry:

As far as no helmets in Colorado, I was sort of shocked myself. Being Active Duty Military I don't have a choice either way, but I've always associated helmets with motorcycles, period. I mean, you wouldn't go skiing/snowboarding without boots, would you? Note a direct analogy, I know, but its alien to me why you wouldn't.

Oh you have a choice when you are not on base. You just lose all your benefits if something happens and you dont have riding gear on. I have seen it happen. In Cali they tried to get my buddy for not wearing a road guard vest while out in town and he was hit from behind at a stop light. Long story short I care about my dome and always protect it along with all the other gear. These other nut jobs that dont are weird.

Sarge
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Yeah, the problem is that those "benefits" are the free health insurance... That and they can actually take rank and pay. They make such a big deal about it that I'm sure they'd make an example of anybody who tried. Not worth it to me, I like my brain. I also found a decent looking Icon reflective vest I can wear over anything, with an ID holder and wallet pocket instead of the road guard vest. When I got back from Iraq last time a simple PT belt around the waist was sufficient.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Yeah, the problem is that those "benefits" are the free health insurance... That and they can actually take rank and pay. They make such a big deal about it that I'm sure they'd make an example of anybody who tried. Not worth it to me, I like my brain. I also found a decent looking Icon reflective vest I can wear over anything, with an ID holder and wallet pocket instead of the road guard vest. When I got back from Iraq last time a simple PT belt around the wast was sufficient.

Its amazing how every base and branch has different rules. Buckley can care less what you have on as long as its long sleeves, pants, gloves, and a helmet. No actual requirements for DOT/Snell, reflective belt etc... I do agree that I do not want to be "that guy" that is used to make the example out of. Always better safe than sorry IMO.

veteran_80
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 05:50 PM
New member here... grew up on dirt bikes and wilow springs to watch my dad tear it up. Just got my first sport bike this summer. gsxr 600 k5. Live in the aurora area. Awsome to see some military on here as well. Did 2 tours as an 11b. 03-04 baghdad and 05-06 ramadi. season is running out but would love to make a ride before all is said and done. thx for the great site.

Sully
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Welcome n00bs! :hibye:

GixxerCarrie
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Lets welcome StormSurge...aka Stacie to our club!

asp_125
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 06:57 PM

Welcome... noob! ;)

Karl817
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Hi.
Wanted to join up and get to know everyone, the good roads and what tracks are in the area.
I'm in Arlington TX, Have brothers that live in Fort Collins, since 1968 thereabouts. Visited there at least once a year and spent a couple of summers there in my teens.
Ride an 01 Triumph Sprint 955. Ride with Fort Worth Motorcycle Club (http://www.fwmr.net/), on what twistys we have around these parts.
Hope to ride with ya'll sometime next summer.

Nvr2late
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've meet some of you already on rides and at bike nights and finally decided it was time to join. I've only been riding for 2 summers now but have been a passenger on my husbands bikes for many, many years. Look forward to meeting more of you!

Red_Baron
Sun Oct 3rd, 2010, 10:15 PM
Hello all,

This is Newt, formerly known as Orange_Crush.
I got two surgeries this summer therefore I've been MIA:down:.
I'll see you all next summer,

Peace:up:,
Newt.

Snowman
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 07:55 AM
That's like ringing a dinner bell. As soon as she posts every red-blood guy with a pulse on this board will be making their presences known.

Hi.
Wanted to join up and get to know everyone, the good roads and what tracks are in the area. I'm in Arlington TX, ....That would be every road west of your location...

MetaLord 9
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 07:58 AM
:leghump: in 3...2...1...

OUTLAWD
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Ride an 01 Triumph Sprint 955.

nice ride! and welcome!

LostBrit
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm Mark, and I have a riding problem ... so I guess I'm in the right place.

Currently riding a Honda ST1100, a 650lb sports bike. It will hang with the lightweights in the canyons ~ check my tires for more info ...

Looking forward to a few fun canyon rides before the white stuff, but also enjoy the longer rides. Just got back from a bike camping trip in NM with my daughter.

More toys in the garage include ... Suzuki GS850 old school but still a blast to ride, a few old Hondas (CB650/900/GL1000), and a Beemer (K100) that I am parting out.

chronicboy
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 07:52 PM
hey from Gypsum
started riding about 2years ago, pretty much lost my mind with motorcycles since
i try to ride alot and look forward to meeting some new folks to ride with
were still doing our 300-400mile rides outa Avon on Sundays @9:00am
some pics of my bikes:

GaribaldiCU
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Hey all. Just joined up this week, looking forward to meeting some other riders. Only been riding for a couple of years, currently on a Suzuki SV1000.

GixxerCarrie
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Welcome! Fun to come!

Snacks
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Hi everyone,
My name is Isaac, I have been riding kina' off and on for several years, but only recently got a street bike. I have been steadily riding my '01 r6 since mid-summer, unfortunately the doors to the season are closing, but I'm usually game for some super sweet Canyon Carving, especially on the limited nicer days.
I live in Boulder, and am more than willing to leave the bubble so long as I'm on two wheels. Hope to see you out on some rides.

-The first step is admitting you have a problem. If you don't admit it; you don't have a problem.

JellyBean
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Hello all,
I am J, i am new here and I am about as far toward the beginner side of the motorcycle spectrum as one could get. My plan is to change that. soon.

david treece
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 05:10 PM
David here... I bought my first bike in August. A 2005 Suzuki SV650... I took the motorcycle safety class seven years ago... and just never bought a bike. This summer was the summer to do it. I ridden about two thousand miles so since I bought the bike. I hope to ride all winter.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 05:12 PM
welcome J and Isaac

asp_125
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 05:42 PM
hey from Gypsum
started riding about 2years ago, pretty much lost my mind with motorcycles since
some pics of my bikes:

RZ Hawtness! :hump:

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 01:42 AM
David here... I bought my first bike in August. A 2005 Suzuki SV650... I took the motorcycle safety class seven years ago... and just never bought a bike. This summer was the summer to do it. I ridden about two thousand miles so since I bought the bike. I hope to ride all winter.
Welcome david.

Wintermute
Thu Oct 28th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Welcome all!

Everybody needs to quit all this talk of "Last rides". For those that just moved here: SNOW DOESN'T LAST IN COLORADO EXCEPT FOR THE HIGHER MOUNTAINS.

Even in the mountains, 300+ days of sunshine burn snow off and dry the roads in days. Absolutely no reason not to ride 12 months everywhere here, including mountains. You just gotta discipline your throttle hand enough to deal with the sand and gravel. (If you can't see the whole corner is clear, ride slow enough through it to survive if it turns out your entire lane is covered with gravel.)

geeky
Sat Oct 30th, 2010, 05:27 PM
So I made an account before the crash and introduced myself to only loose my account :(

but here we go again

I bought a GS500e and did a street fighter/single seat conversion to it, then I decided I needed a car for the winter and bought an e30 for $1300 (price I sold the bike) and with the recent great weather I HAD to get another bike, so traded the e30 for a CBR F3 earlier today.

GS500e
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4132/4990136601_f03d1fb33d.jpg

1987 BMW 325is (e30)
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs951.snc4/74446_10150304487705576_571855575_15283027_7083717 _n.jpg

1996 Honda CBR F3
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9732/bikecbr.jpg

mtnairlover
Sat Oct 30th, 2010, 06:08 PM
hey from Gypsum
some pics of my bikes:

Hey there and welcome to the club. Just checking, but were you the guy that got followed by a girl (Kawaski 750) and two other guys (Concourse and FZ1) back in September down hwy131? We pulled over down at Wolcott and chatted and waited for two others.

FZRocker
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Hi, My name is Sam and I live in Salida. I have the pleasure of riding 50 from Salida to Canon City at will. My last bike was a RD 350 ypvs I sold 20 years ago. Thought I wanted to ride again so I bought an FZ1, great bike... ready to ride anytime.

bornwildnfree
Wed Nov 17th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Welcome Sam. Glad you decided to come ride again. Hit up the Dirty South forums for all the Colorado Springs folks.

RajunCajun
Wed Nov 17th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Well, I'll be back on Friday. For those of you who don't know me, you will very soon. For those that do, I look forward to hanging with you soon. I had to sell my bike but will get another as soon as I can find work. Maybe I can catch up with some of you this weekend.

MetaLord 9
Wed Nov 17th, 2010, 09:21 PM
In a sense of Irony, I'll be in New Orleans this Friday!

mines_chick
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Heard about this site from a really nice guy who helped out when SOMEBODY, idiotically, dropped their new bike in sand and broke the clutch lever trying to let everyone pass because they get paranoid nervous when people are behind... but had been passing cars on the uphill all day. [thank you CHRISTIAN COWBOY, I infinitely appreciate your assistance ;)]

I just wanted to let everyone know how appreciative newer riders are for any help, tips, and all the patience that you guys can give. I can't wait to get out and ride once I fix the bike... even though I always manage to somehow mess something up.

On a side note: guys if you want your ladies to start riding do NOT have them ride on the back of the bike - let 'em drive. This was the only time i've been a passenger, and the only time I ever want to. Scariest thing ever.

NUTZ
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Welcome mines! There are group rides just about every day of the week as long as it's nice out. When your ready, look for rides that are posted in the Canyon Carving section in the Forum. We are all about good times here!

~Barn~
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the club, newies. Don't worry, I'm on the Jeffrey, too. :doublefinger:

MDK210
Sat Nov 27th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Got here about 9 months ago and stationed at lovely Schriever AFB. Got a 06 ZX6R which is currently matte blue but is in the process of going to their ebony 06 color which seems to offend some people, ha. I'm a decent rider but want to ride with more experienced people to learn the ropes so I'll keep my eyes posted on the canyon carving section. Bike is getting some appearance upgrades (powder coating/air brushing) and Galfer SS brake lines but other than my new sprockets I don't feel the need for a PCIII yet (next mod though) and there's isn't a slip-on or full exhaust I like out there so I'll stick with the clean under-tail look for now.

Ayato
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Hello, my name is Michael - I live near Flat Irons, about 10 miles south of Boulder. My newest bike is this
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/MikeBata1/Ducati%20Monster%201100S/bik050.jpg

Brand new 2009 Ducati Monster 1100s. The bike is missing about 4-5 accessories that the dealer didn't get in time for the day I wanted to pick up, but is running very well.

Look forward to getting to know some local riders =D

Tylar
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 04:34 PM
mmmm, I'd love to hear an audio clip of that thing with the pipes.

asp_125
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I'm torn between the sound of a dry clutch or it drowning out the Termis. :up:

Tylar
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I'm torn between the sound of a dry clutch or it drowning out the Termis. :up:

I'm cautiously optimistic that the s3x0r of the Termis prevails with the slight hint of dryness.....in the clutch area. :bow:

Sexy, no matter what.....I'd never buy one, but I like listening to other people's.

Ayato
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Should be warm enough to take it out tomorrow and try to see if my camera can get some decent audio for you.

As for the clutch, you really notice the dry clutch when you have it in, yet when the clutch is out, even at idle, the 'clacking' isn't terribly noticeable (In the giant shadow of the termis)

OUTLAWD
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 05:37 PM
welcome newbs...enjoy the kool aid

spdu4ia
Tue Nov 30th, 2010, 08:55 AM
The wife and I moved to COS in July and recently got some bikes as aniversary presents to one another. Looking forward to going to a bike nite when it warms up a bit and meeting some people.

Intro thread with pics here:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37141

extremepaint
Wed Dec 1st, 2010, 11:28 AM
hey guys and girls! thought i would introduce myself, my g/f of 3 years just left me today.... blah blah sad face.. any way! she left a 1989 4runner that im currently trying to trade for a bike!

looking at a ninja 650 to start out on and do a few modifications too. i have loved the street fighter look for along time and always wanted one..

anyway a little about me myself and i, we do alot of paintwork and airbrushing "professionally" what ever the hell that means! for about 8 years and have been airbrushing since i was 11! currently trying to get a job working for HD doing there line of optional custom painted tank/fender sets

i've painted my fair share of bikes before like busa's and a zx-14 couple harleys and a few others that i cant really remember. all i know is they were some sweet rides and sounded so bad ass!but i dont want to turn into squidly road kill so i'll leave those bikes till later!

also for the sake of the club and the introductory post and i know there's a fair chance i'll be hangin out with y'all i like my whiskey scottish or of a southern Kentucky lineage. i make a damn good chicken wing being from buffalo ny i go wheelin all over the west coast with my 04 extcab taco with some suspension stuff and armor, if you dirt riders ever run across me on the trail i'll be the one pulled over to the side to let you pass but i'll be offering water tools or help if ya need it!

lookin forward to riding with y'all i'll post pics once my new bike finds me!

Rolling Wrench
Mon Dec 6th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Hey guys,

Just joined this forum, one of my customers referred us. Were slow in the winter so now is out chance to meet all you riders and take care or your bike. Check us out, we do mobile service and repair on motorcycles. We come to you. You watch and learn as the work is being performed.
www.rollingwrenchdenver.com

CaneZach
Mon Dec 6th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Welcome, newbs!

FTCRC51
Mon Dec 20th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Hey everone,

I'm Joe, live in Fort Collins.. most of my buddies quit riding so I'm usually solo these days. Looking for new people to meet and go on rides with! I've been riding since 04', I'm currently riding an 03 RC51 I picked up not too long ago, here's a pic the day I picked it up.. I work 6pm-midnight so I have a lot of spare time to ride, hit me up whenever and let's hit the canyons!

Joe

fasterlaster
Mon Dec 20th, 2010, 11:38 PM
That RC-51 looks great!

Airreed
Tue Dec 21st, 2010, 10:19 AM
You need to get some pipes on that RC to open up the true v-twin sound!

FTCRC51
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
Pipes are first on the list, not sure which ones to get. They're all pretty expensive.. What do have on your SP2?

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 07:15 PM
Heard about this site from a really nice guy who helped out when SOMEBODY, idiotically, dropped their new bike in sand and broke the clutch lever trying to let everyone pass because they get paranoid nervous when people are behind... but had been passing cars on the uphill all day. [thank you CHRISTIAN COWBOY, I infinitely appreciate your assistance ;)]

I just wanted to let everyone know how appreciative newer riders are for any help, tips, and all the patience that you guys can give. I can't wait to get out and ride once I fix the bike... even though I always manage to somehow mess something up.

On a side note: guys if you want your ladies to start riding do NOT have them ride on the back of the bike - let 'em drive. This was the only time i've been a passenger, and the only time I ever want to. Scariest thing ever.

HAHA!! Was snowy and slippery too! Glad you joined...see you and Hubby (BF) again sometime soon..
Did he sign up too? His name? There are lots of people that ride both dirt, street and super moto here...

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
Hey there and welcome to the club. Just checking, but were you the guy that got followed by a girl (Kawaski 750) and two other guys (Concourse and FZ1) back in September down hwy131? We pulled over down at Wolcott and chatted and waited for two others.

Yes, we will have to get up early and meet up with you in Avon this summer!!! Thanks for leading for all that time in your country!

kjohnston1979
Wed Jan 5th, 2011, 12:30 PM
well im kevin but not a new memebr lol been away too long but forgot past signon and it was attached to an email i no longer have i think my old signon was 89ninja dude again i think it was lol thanks for having me

Airreed
Wed Jan 5th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Pipes are first on the list, not sure which ones to get. They're all pretty expensive.. What do have on your SP2?

I started with Jardines and upgarded to Sato Banzai's!

Hibs
Wed Jan 5th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Hi, my name is "Hibs", I'm in the Army and moving to Buckley AFB in April. Hope to meet up with some of the bike locals once I get there. Here's a couple of the bikes I've owned, the green one on the bottom is my current. I like cages too, but this is a bike forum, so I won't bore you with them :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/HibsLX/Bike%20Pics/MVC-502F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/HibsLX/Bike%20Pics/907643120_l.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/HibsLX/Bike%20Pics/hibs77_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/HibsLX/Bike%20Pics/DSC02423.jpg

kjohnston1979
Wed Jan 5th, 2011, 07:43 PM
not sure if other post stuck but im kevin not new just ben away for a long time due to death in family but im back my old email expired forgot all signons i was under 89 ninja guy or dude see i forgot lol glad to be bak got a diferent bike cant wait to ride with someof you! if any one can tell me how to get my old status back id love the info thanks

longrider
Wed Jan 5th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Hibs, welcome to the site and early welcome to Colorado! You realize that once you get here you won't want to leave ;) however I do realize you can't do much about orders if that happens

Colorado is sportbike heaven with no shortage of twisty roads, because of that there is not really much of a stretched/slammed scene here, I see a few (very few) at bike nights but that is about it. I bring that up because if you still have the parts to bring your bike back to stock length/height it will be worth it

Hibs
Wed Jan 5th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Hibs, welcome to the site and early welcome to Colorado! You realize that once you get here you won't want to leave ;) however I do realize you can't do much about orders if that happens

Colorado is sportbike heaven with no shortage of twisty roads, because of that there is not really much of a stretched/slammed scene here, I see a few (very few) at bike nights but that is about it. I bring that up because if you still have the parts to bring your bike back to stock length/height it will be worth it

what, no love for quarter mile/land speed racing? :mad:

lol, it's ok, i'm actually going back to stock wheel base as i like the challenge of running SWB vs stretched down the 1/4. i am keeping the bike lowered though as i just like the feel of it being dropped a bit and I don't go trying to drag knee on the street so even lowered it still fulfills my kicks through the twisties.

oh, and i'm seeing how my cards play out. my wife and i are both nebraska natives so are loving to come back to the midwest (been on the east coast for years, hate it). never lived in colorado but heard nothing but great things about it. i ETS in a couple years, so might look at going the contractor/govvie route or maybe local guard/reserve unit and do the whole college thing. we'll see...

longrider
Wed Jan 5th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Don't worry, I was not knocking the style of ride, I just know you will be in the minority here. I am not into street racing so i have no idea what that is like, when I have gone to the strip bikes have been very few. One weekend idea would be when the MRA goes down to Pueblo, head down Friday to race the Friday Night drags and then stick around to watch the roadraces on Saturday and Sunday

Hibs
Wed Jan 5th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Don't worry, I was not knocking the style of ride, I just know you will be in the minority here. I am not into street racing so i have no idea what that is like, when I have gone to the strip bikes have been very few. One weekend idea would be when the MRA goes down to Pueblo, head down Friday to race the Friday Night drags and then stick around to watch the roadraces on Saturday and Sunday

Ya I would rather drag race/land speed race/street cruise then tear up the twisties. I used to ride the twisties hard back in the day but just not worth the risk doing it on the street anymore IMO. I would love to build a road race bike some day when the money allows. For now, the 12 does great for what I like. I am seriously thinking about making the 12r strictly a street bike though and getting a zx14 to make a dedicated drag race/land speed race bike.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Jan 5th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Welcome!

ton-up-boy
Sun Jan 9th, 2011, 03:25 PM
hey troops...I joined 2 summers ago but have been crazey with work..
so , Mick here.ton-up boy .
my stable consists of
2x2000 TT 600 Triumphs..4 cyl.
1 1996 triumph Daytona Super III ,Cosworth modified motor
1 1996 Daytona 1200cc 4cyl.
1 1997 Daytona T-595

and 2 weeks ago I obtained a 2001 Aprilia RSVR.

sorry , i tried to post pix but unable to .

the aprilia has a very
"crazed" plastic head light cover...not scratched...any tricks to fix that kind of thing?
I've never seen it before...not hazed or yellow or scratched.

keep me in mind for ride outs comming this spring. Cheers:hibye:

OUTLAWD
Sun Jan 9th, 2011, 08:07 PM
hey troops...I joined 2 summers ago but have been crazey with work..
so , Mick here.ton-up boy .
my stable consists of
2x2000 TT 600 Triumphs..4 cyl.
1 1996 triumph Daytona Super III ,Cosworth modified motor
1 1996 Daytona 1200cc 4cyl.
1 1997 Daytona T-595

and 2 weeks ago I obtained a 2001 Aprilia RSVR.

sorry , i tried to post pix but unable to .

the aprilia has a very
"crazed" plastic head light cover...not scratched...any tricks to fix that kind of thing?
I've never seen it before...not hazed or yellow or scratched.

keep me in mind for ride outs comming this spring. Cheers:hibye:

Welcome! I'll be glad to have another triumph tagging along with us

as far as the headlight, I used polishing compound and a drill mounted loose cotton buffing wheel on a cars headlights, but I'm not sure it will work for you.

ModernRonin
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Guess I'm not technically a "new" member, since my account has been here since (edit) 2003 or something. But I've just been, uh... out... on a REALLY LONG RIDE! Yeah. It was uh... it was... around the world SEVEN TIMES. Right, that's it. You wouldn't believe the mileage on my bike, man! :WTF: Anyway, I'm Ben, nice to meet you. (G)

thatmofo
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Ya I would rather drag race/land speed race/street cruise then tear up the twisties. I used to ride the twisties hard back in the day but just not worth the risk doing it on the street anymore IMO. I would love to build a road race bike some day when the money allows. For now, the 12 does great for what I like. I am seriously thinking about making the 12r strictly a street bike though and getting a zx14 to make a dedicated drag race/land speed race bike.

Yes, yes, yes.

usmcab35
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 12:15 PM
hey hibs are you guard or active? what unit are you going to on buckley afb? im in the guard, but i work full time instead of once a month, and we got quite a few riders here, we are planning some army rides, there are already a few that the old guys do, like sturgis, etc, they are a group of mostly cruisers but us sportbike guys come along and give them a hard time about leather tassles and all that chrome..hahaha

Sean
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Guess I'm not technically a "new" member, since my account has been here since (edit) 2003 or something. But I've just been, uh... out... on a REALLY LONG RIDE! Yeah. It was uh... it was... around the world SEVEN TIMES. Right, that's it. You wouldn't believe the mileage on my bike, man! :WTF: Anyway, I'm Ben, nice to meet you. (G):shocked: That's the oldest member with the lowest post count I've ever seen! :up:

Welcome everybody!

QUAKERSTEAK&LUBE
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Hey all!!! i hope u guys are ready for some of the biggest bike night every week that i have ever seen... our ohio location bring out 2000 bikes every week and we are striding to be the biggest bike night out of our 42 locations!!! were thinkin they will start april and will be every thursday for street bikes!!! if u want to see other bike night pics and videos at our other locations check it out at http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/ any questions feel free to ask!!!

asp_125
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Holy cow! They've made it out west.

usmcab35
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Hey all!!! i hope u guys are ready for some of the biggest bike night every week that i have ever seen... our ohio location bring out 2000 bikes every week and we are striding to be the biggest bike night out of our 42 locations!!! were thinkin they will start april and will be every thursday for street bikes!!! if u want to see other bike night pics and videos at our other locations check it out at http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/ any questions feel free to ask!!!

yea i heard you guys do it big, i cant wait to go, its close to the house, wangs, beer and motorcycles love it!!!!:drool:

QUAKERSTEAK&LUBE
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 02:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJvAz3f8QGQ jus a taste of our bike nights.... feel free to youtube quaker steak and lube bike nights!!!

QUAKERSTEAK&LUBE
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 02:42 PM
oh where out west!!! and we can't wait to see you guys come show off ur bikes this summer!!! feel free to sign up for our e-mail list at our website so we can keep you posted on the events and specials!!! if you have any questions i will be checkin this site daily!!!

Tylar
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Saw you guys do weekly bike nights....this could be good....and you're up north! :applause:

Can't wait for spring.

asp_125
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Saw you guys do weekly bike nights....this could be good....and you're up north! :applause:

Can't wait for spring.

Aw man! That's soooo faaarrrr away! ;)

Tylar
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 03:45 PM

You do remember how to get north of I-70, right? I suppose you may remember using the Central City Speedway, but the more direct route....

Mother Goose
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Did someone say steak?

Spiderman
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 04:02 PM

It's a whopping 2.3 miles from my house... I'll try and make it out for a bike night once or twice this summer. ;)

asp_125
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Looks like I can get there via GG and Coal Creek. :up:

Tylar
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 04:09 PM
:up:
Looks like I can get there via GG and Coal Creek. :up:

Hibs
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 10:10 PM
hey hibs are you guard or active? what unit are you going to on buckley afb? im in the guard, but i work full time instead of once a month, and we got quite a few riders here, we are planning some army rides, there are already a few that the old guys do, like sturgis, etc, they are a group of mostly cruisers but us sportbike guys come along and give them a hard time about leather tassles and all that chrome..hahaha

Active, I'm a 35S coming from the 741st MI BN at Fort Meade, being assigned to the 743rd MI BN there at Buckley. I've got my hard copy orders all ready, report date of April 30th, got to check in at Carson first then I'll be up at Buckley a day or two later. I've reserved a place on base, and from what they say the E5-E6 housing is pretty nice, 3 bedrooms, deep 2 stall garages, etc. just the description sounds leaps and bounds better then anything they offered me at Meade. Would love to get in with you guys, I've all ways wanted to do sturgis. I hear they are becoming more accepting of the sport bike crowd to.

What's your MOS? You need to tell me more about your AGR slot. My current ETS is late 2013. I've got plans to drop a warrant packet after I get settled there in Buckley, but I would like to keep my options open. An AGR spot or NSA/CIA-govie job would be sweet so I wouldn't ever have to PCS again. My wife and I are both Nebraska natives so we both are looking forward to coming back to the midwest. Would be sweet to be in CO permanently and not just for a 3 year tour.

Sarge
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Welcome all. :) Nice to see more Military. Check out the Military Riders group in the Community Section. A handful of us here are deployed right now, but just about everyone should be home by spring.

usmcab35
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Active, I'm a 35S coming from the 741st MI BN at Fort Meade, being assigned to the 743rd MI BN there at Buckley. I've got my hard copy orders all ready, report date of April 30th, got to check in at Carson first then I'll be up at Buckley a day or two later. I've reserved a place on base, and from what they say the E5-E6 housing is pretty nice, 3 bedrooms, deep 2 stall garages, etc. just the description sounds leaps and bounds better then anything they offered me at Meade. Would love to get in with you guys, I've all ways wanted to do sturgis. I hear they are becoming more accepting of the sport bike crowd to.

What's your MOS? You need to tell me more about your AGR slot. My current ETS is late 2013. I've got plans to drop a warrant packet after I get settled there in Buckley, but I would like to keep my options open. An AGR spot or NSA/CIA-govie job would be sweet so I wouldn't ever have to PCS again. My wife and I are both Nebraska natives so we both are looking forward to coming back to the midwest. Would be sweet to be in CO permanently and not just for a 3 year tour.

i got 3 mos's but currently im a 15p(flight ops). Agr is sweet, basicly since everyone is one weekend a month, we are the full time force that keeps everything running, plans training etc. you would have to join the guard and then that jobs pop up here and there and you apply, board and presto, in the guard getting paid active pay. You will like that base housing here, they just built them not to long ago, i looked at the e-5 housing and it was nice. yea if you live on base my work is about 2 mins from you and i will keep you in the loop about when our rides are, and maybe we can meet up on some of the other rides too.

usmcab35
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Welcome all. :) Nice to see more Military. Check out the Military Riders group in the Community Section. A handful of us here are deployed right now, but just about everyone should be home by spring.

nice sarge, didnt know there was a military group, i will check it out. i will be tearing up this riding season, but pretty sure i will be deployed for the 2012 season... what branch are you in?

Sarge
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Army, Active Duty. Deployed until March of this year. My 2007 Aprilia RSV R Factory is sitting in my mother's garage in Lake Tahoe. As soon as I get home I'm going on a road trip to get it. ;)

In preparation for next season, I just picked up a full set of frame sliders, Akrapovic Evolution slip ons, clear lens conversion, rear seat for the wife, looking at new levers and rear sets, new K&N air filter and waiting for the PCV for the RSVs to come out in March.

usmcab35
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:01 AM
nice looks like you got quite the stockpile of new parts to add, thats what i been doing this winter too, i got a set of billet black rearsets, fuel cap, billet levers, smog block off plates, grips, tre and a few other pieces, even got some new riding gear, i cant wait for this year, dont think i have ever been more excited for riding season....

Sarge
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Yup yup, I'm right there with you. I've got more time deployed than I do in the rear since I joined in 2007. 15 months last time, 13 months home, and 10 months into a 12 month-er this time, and I can't sleep for thinking about riding, or even drive around the COB without thinking "I bet I could make this turn at 60+"

We had an issue with a HMMWV overheating and all it took as a simple call to the ATC to get clearance to use the abandoned runway to stress test the vehicle at maximum. Basically a 3.6 mile long stretch of really nice pavement. Not twistie, but I can't stop thinking about how fast I could get down it on 2 wheels...

usmcab35
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:29 AM
yea i can see the flight line here, wish i could chuck the busa down it, maybe race a f-16?

r6rammy
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 08:22 PM
hey folks,

New here but not new to sportbikes. Been riding over 4 years now, just sold my 08 R6, planning on getting a 09 R6 now. Been a member of the r6-forum forever I guess.

I might be moving to North CO area depending on how my job interview goes. Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

I do a bit of street riding and hope to do a lot more trackdays. Last year was my first on the track and I'm hooked. Did ~6 trackdays so far, lower intermediate pace for now. Occasional street/twisty rides depending on weather.

Other than HPR, are there any other tracks around the Denver metro area? In TX, I've rode MSR Houston, MSR Cresson, and Eagles canyon raceway.

Here's a couple pics of me on the track:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll133/ramkumar25/ECR%20April%202010/ECR-31.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll133/ramkumar25/ECR%20April%202010/ECR-37.jpg

Airreed
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I'm AGR too!!!!
Currently down in Castle Rock(893rd TC), but will be heading up to the 193rd MP BN in about 2 months.

usmcab35
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I'm AGR too!!!!
Currently down in Castle Rock(893rd TC), but will be heading up to the 193rd MP BN in about 2 months.

nice the agr life is a good one huh?

Sarge
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
If you don't mind my asking, how exactly does the pay situation work on AGR? I've thought about doing it, is it anything like Active Duty pay, is it hourly? The benefits anything like Active Duty?

Just curious.

usmcab35
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM
it is all the same benefits as active, just in the guard, full pay, bah, bas, free medical, leave, etc...

Hibs
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 01:55 PM
you AGR guys make me sick.... lol..... i think it's a good deal, but i also think a guy should have to live the real military life for a few years before he gets to do guard/reserve.

Airreed
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 02:52 PM
You forgot to tell them about the work schedule....
Four ten hour shifts.
(This week it's a 3-day work week due to MLK day being on Monday our normal day off, so we get Friday off!!!!!)
And MWR days...
And Snow days...
And Denver BAH rocks!!!!

Hibs
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 03:00 PM
not as nice as my Fort Meade BAH, but it still looks descent.

usmcab35
Fri Jan 14th, 2011, 10:16 PM
you AGR guys make me sick.... lol..... i think it's a good deal, but i also think a guy should have to live the real military life for a few years before he gets to do guard/reserve.

haha, i did my time four years active in the marines, infantry, 3 tours, but yea it kinda makes me sick when i see a new agr that thinks that it is the roughest thing ever, it is hard, but not like war... :sniper:

Swift
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Hi all, I'm a newb so I'll wave at everyone like I'm high on drugs and smile like an idiot. :hibye:

I'm Rob and I just picked up my first street bike on Sunday. It's a 2003 BMW R1150R in Piemont Red Metallic with 64K miles on the clock. All maintenance and such is up to date including new tires and switches. Previous owner took really good care of this bike and I think I got a pretty good deal on it ($3250 out the door). I've been riding dirt for 4 years and street for 2. I had test ridden a shit ton of different bikes before I finally came to buying this beauty. I considered a Triumph Speed Triple (Street triple is a little small for my frame since I'm 6'3") but I picked this one in the end for a very obvious reason as you can see below.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs799.ash1/168910_492037022668_592122668_6180177_2491240_n.jp g
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7205/img20110116124529.jpg

Look forward to riding with you guys and being apart of the community.
Thanks

Hibs
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 05:52 PM
nice beemers!

usmcab35
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 09:50 PM
1+ on the beemers, i really like that blue color on the car..

Swift
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the welcome. The car is a 328xi coupe and the color is montego blue which is a pretty rare color in colorado. Glad you like it though. I'm doing my best to keep them both sparkling. Going to register the bike today.

asp_125
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the welcome. The car is a 328xi coupe and the color is montego blue which is a pretty rare color in colorado. Glad you like it though. I'm doing my best to keep them both sparkling. Going to register the bike today.

Welcome, nice beemer, and nice bimmer too ;)

Swift
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Welcome, nice beemer, and nice bimmer too ;)
Glad to see someone knows the difference in the spelling. Awesome :cheers:

AbbyHot01
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

First off: I'm not a sport bike rider. I am, however, a full time motorcyclist. I'm a lifelong Harley/cruiser rider, but in my old age I've gained an appreciation for all kinds of bikes and riders. In fact, I'm thinking about trying the SuperStreet program on the 250 Ninja that got yanked from my training site (because it's too nice to give to a beginner to dump in the parking lot).

Speaking of beginners and parking lots, I'm an instructor for ABATE of Colorado and the site administrator at the AIMS/Greeley training site. I'm also the District Representative for D3 of ABATE, which is northern Colorado (FoCO, Loveland, Greeley and around there). I own a business called Dangerous Curves (http://danger-curves.com), which hosts Third Sunday Swap Meets at The Hideout, starting in May (sport bike riders and vendors always welcome). I also write a lot about riding, most recently in Thunder Roads Colorado.

I'm looking forward to meeting more riders. I work at Full Throttle Coffee House in Fort Collins from time to time, so stop in and say Hi!

Sully
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Welcome n00bs! :hibye:

asp_125
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Welcome Abby. Wow... Full Throttle, now there's a place I haven't been to in a long time. :up: Good java

mannysyzf-R6
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Whats up everyone.Old car was a 06 WRX STI. Im Manny(23) and plan on getting an 08 R6 here in a couple of months. Im a first time sportbike Young rider and the only motorcycle experience Ive had is me in a 20 acre farm learning how to ride a motocross bike(Honda dont know type) that was two years ago. my friend was messing with me and told me to try a wheelie:tomato: and i flipped the bike and broke the tail and I was fine!:lol: Other than that it was easy and fun so now im gonna go all out. I plan on being a safe rider all leathered out dressed for the crash type and not gonna try any type of stunts for years to come. Ill be taking the basic course of ABATE soon in westminster. :up:http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8821/clean.jpg (http://img135.imageshack.us/i/clean.jpg/)

Swift
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 12:31 AM
ABATE is a great course. Very easy to pick up IMO. R6 is a pretty nasty bike for a first one though. I read a while back a lot of the hardcore idiots on the R6 Forum maintain that unless you get close to getting your knee down at an MSF school then you aren't gonna be ready for it. Personally I think it isn't fast enough but I'm 6'3" 225 and I've been riding for a while.

Check out the GSXR750 when you get your endorsement. You might like the low and mid range better on that bike if you still want to tackle an R6. Just remember throttle control is a big part of street riding. Learn your bike before you start opening up the taps. Had a friend get a GSXR600 right after he got his endorsement. Ripped on the throttle and looped the bike.

chanke4252
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 01:12 AM
when i took my brc, my instructors would have punched me in the face had I tried to get a knee down, and i'd have thanked them.

Sarge
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 07:33 AM
ABATE is a great course. Very easy to pick up IMO. R6 is a pretty nasty bike for a first one though. I read a while back a lot of the hardcore idiots on the R6 Forum maintain that unless you get close to getting your knee down at an MSF school then you aren't gonna be ready for it. Personally I think it isn't fast enough but I'm 6'3" 225 and I've been riding for a while.

Check out the GSXR750 when you get your endorsement. You might like the low and mid range better on that bike if you still want to tackle an R6. Just remember throttle control is a big part of street riding. Learn your bike before you start opening up the taps. Had a friend get a GSXR600 right after he got his endorsement. Ripped on the throttle and looped the bike.

+1

My favorite description of this phenomena is that bikes like these are capable of standing blackflips. :lol:

MetaLord 9
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Just get a busa and don't worry about it.

usmcab35
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Just get a busa and don't worry about it.

yea just get a busa like me and we can get neons, and glitter paint and start the ruff busa riders :lol:
but really dont get a busa alittle much for a first bike...

mannysyzf-R6
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 08:07 PM

Thanks for the info. I am 5'10 190. So your saying watch how much I gas it cause I can flip?? lol Sorry i sound like a DumbA$$ Im just new to all this but a very fast learner and just love the 08 R6's look and read how its a good ride up a mountain.

Bueller
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Get the bike that moves you, treat the power with respect, take the time and learn to ride (this involves much more than a MSF class).

MetaLord 9
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 07:26 AM
engine size does not equal horsepower
more horsepower does not equal better
a bigger bike doesn't make you faster.

thankgod
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Hello< I'm Richie< I ride a 94 GSXR 750<boop beep boop VoIp<:rock:

usmcab35
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 02:59 PM
engine size does not equal horsepower
more horsepower does not equal better
a bigger bike doesn't make you faster.

AMEN

mannysyzf-R6
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Get the bike that moves you, treat the power with respect, take the time and learn to ride (this involves much more than a MSF class).

:rock:

Tyarholar
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Name is Trevor and I am from Oklahoma but had to transfer to this state back in 09 with my job. But not much to say I work 90 percent of my time and in March my wife and I are going to have a baby boy so I am getting ready for that... I rode dirt bikes currently got hold of a Kawasaki KX250F cheap.. And also built up a honda crf 50 powder coated frame and all that... I am currently looking for a supermoto that I could ride street and track but having hard time... I had a 450SMR I sold last year which I should kept I still hate myself for doing it. I just sold 02 Hayabusa... But Ill shut up now... I am looking forward meet some of you guys either at a supermoto/track or hopefully get hold of a street legal moto to ride with you guys up in the mountain...

OUTLAWD
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I read a while back a lot of the hardcore idiots on the R6 Forum maintain that unless you get close to getting your knee down at an MSF school then you aren't gonna be ready for it.

If you are getting your knee down at the MSF school, you either a) don't need the MSF school, or b) should stop falling over

So wait, an R6 will be too much bike, so he should look into a bike with more HP and way more torque :?

Even though they have some midrange, the thing doesn't move out of it own way til 8-10k, instead of 10-11k with a 600, my 750 could power wheelie in 3rd @ 50mph with stock gearing.

If you want streetable mid range, you need to look at a twin or a triple...no matter what the bike, or how much power it has, you need to respect it until you learn how to appropriatley handle it.

and the last bike I looped onto myself was a Z50, so I'm thinking it has more to do with rider error and less to do with power...

I'm not trying to flame ya, or start a "beginner bike" debacle, but for some reason suggesting a 750 over an R6 because it is "more manageable" just doesn't add up

oh, and welcome newbs! :up:

MetaLord 9
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 02:31 PM
So wait, an R6 will be too much bike, so he should look into a bike with more HP and way more torque :?

for some reason suggesting a 750 over an R6 because it is "more manageable" just doesn't add up
This.

And also this. :D

usmcab35
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 03:33 PM
what about them metalord?

sloridr
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Welcome noobs! From a noob.

Darth Do'Urden
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I just moved here (Littleton) from Texas (who cares which part, the whole state sucks ass). Also about to get my bike back from the shop (up in Wheat Ridge). Dirty carbs, clogged jets (which needed rejetting anyway for altitude), totally-gone rear tire, and near-to-breaking chain have all been addressed. I absolutely cannot wait to get out on her and explore the foothills a bit.

Anyway, here's my ride. 2000 Suzuki SV650:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/Salacious_Sith/Suzuki%20SV650/SuperCool.jpg

mathman1000
Sat Feb 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM
love the paint job

laspariahs
Sat Feb 5th, 2011, 02:04 PM
love the paint job

It is pretty f'n sweet.

Darth Do'Urden
Sat Feb 5th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Glad ya like. Here's a few others focusing on some of the details:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/Salacious_Sith/Suzuki%20SV650/SV650005.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/Salacious_Sith/Suzuki%20SV650/SV650003.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/Salacious_Sith/Suzuki%20SV650/SV650006.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/Salacious_Sith/Suzuki%20SV650/robberscave243.jpg

The last one there was taken in Oklahoma on the Talimena Scenic Route. The Buell Lightning is my brother's.

Just got my bike back from the shop today. Riding in the torrential snow pour was interesting to say the least. But she's running better than ever before. The guys up at Supertune did a bang up job. Clutch is easier to squeeze (it was improperly routed when the clip-ons were installed), the gears are easier to shift (like friggin' buttah now), and the engine sounds awesome.

I'll get some better, more scenic pictures taken once the weather and roads clear up. =)

r6rammy
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 07:47 PM
real nice paint job

I just moved here (Littleton) from Texas (who cares which part, the whole state sucks ass). Also about to get my bike back from the shop (up in Wheat Ridge). Dirty carbs, clogged jets (which needed rejetting anyway for altitude), totally-gone rear tire, and near-to-breaking chain have all been addressed. I absolutely cannot wait to get out on her and explore the foothills a bit.

Anyway, here's my ride. 2000 Suzuki SV650:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/Salacious_Sith/Suzuki%20SV650/SuperCool.jpg

Swift
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 10:40 PM
If you are getting your knee down at the MSF school, you either a) don't need the MSF school, or b) should stop falling over

Even though they have some midrange, the thing doesn't move out of it own way til 8-10k, instead of 10-11k with a 600, my 750 could power wheelie in 3rd @ 50mph with stock gearing.

If you want streetable mid range, you need to look at a twin or a triple...no matter what the bike, or how much power it has, you need to respect it until you learn how to appropriatley handle it.

and the last bike I looped onto myself was a Z50, so I'm thinking it has more to do with rider error and less to do with power...

I'm not trying to flame ya, or start a "beginner bike" debacle, but for some reason suggesting a 750 over an R6 because it is "more manageable" just doesn't add up

I was suggesting that if he was still going to jump on an R6 right out of the gate despite my recommendation to start on something else for a first bike that he should look at the GSXR instead.

I like the ergos on the GSXR's better because of my height and I feel like the power has better delivery than on an R6, it doesn't feel like you're waiting forever and then the world explodes suddenly at some magical RPM number.

So yeah, if that sounds fubar then sorry but it makes sense to me I guess.

cptschlongenheimer
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 06:50 AM
and then the world explodes suddenly at some magical RPM number.

God damn do I love that part... Oh, sorry... I digress...
A

Swift
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 10:46 PM
God damn do I love that part... Oh, sorry... I digress...
A
Sadly I just picked up on that. :drink:

adrianwemple9
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 12:39 PM
new to this site.
I ride an 07 R6, selling it to get another sport bike and a dirt bike, wanna hit the foothill trails in the summer!

Charlie Rotten
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 02:55 PM
I was suggesting that if he was still going to jump on an R6 right out of the gate despite my recommendation to start on something else for a first bike that he should look at the GSXR instead.

I like the ergos on the GSXR's better because of my height and I feel like the power has better delivery than on an R6, it doesn't feel like you're waiting forever and then the world explodes suddenly at some magical RPM number.

So yeah, if that sounds fubar then sorry but it makes sense to me I guess.
IMO you could start on an RS50 or an R1 but as long as you are mature about riding and take it seriously it doesn't matter what bike you start on.
The key is self control

1BadSvt
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 08:06 AM
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to the site and my wife is around somewhere. We are from the springs and are looking for some people to ride with. I ride a 02 CBR954RR (Under construction pics coming soon) and the wife rides a 03 Katana(got it for free it was thrashed and bashed and now lives life as a streetfighter)

CaneZach
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 08:11 AM
Welcome, noobs! Springs noobs, look in the Dirty South section for rides. Once you're known, you'll be invited on SSSS rides.

Rooster
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 08:12 AM
ssss rides? lol

CaneZach
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 08:16 AM
ssss rides? lol

Yes, SSSS rides. It involves some combination of the words Super, Sexy, Secret, and Squirrel, but not necessarily in that order. You can have a Super Secret Sexy Squirrel ride or a Squirrel Sexy Secret Super ride, but the rules are inevitably the same: You don't talk about the SSSS Rides!

1BadSvt
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 09:30 PM
^Were game!

Keyser Soze
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 09:39 PM
Lets see this bad SVT

Tylar
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 09:56 PM
Lets see this bad SVT

:up:

RMpowerR1
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
hello b's new to the site i have been riding for 2 sesons now im shure i have passed alot off you. in south denver but ride all over we have been trailering the bikes to the springs on the weekend to ride im interested in this ssss ride ? i only ride with 4 other people and im looking to go on some bigger group rides this summer and more people to ride with . my rides a 01 r1 pics are comeing soon .

Rooster
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Yes, SSSS rides. It involves some combination of the words Super, Sexy, Secret, and Squirrel, but not necessarily in that order. You can have a Super Secret Sexy Squirrel ride or a Squirrel Sexy Secret Super ride, but the rules are inevitably the same: You don't talk about the SSSS Rides!

LMAO! got it.

1BadSvt
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 06:08 PM
Lets see this bad SVT
some of the CRAP I done

Whipple 2.3
Twin 255's in the tank
80LB Injectors
Long tubes
Built bottom end
J&S Safegard
Custom tune
Built punisher trans
Billet converter
Bassani Exhaust
SCT Livewire
I am sure I'm missing ALOT
Home built here in the garage I will post pics before and after on the bike soon almost done.

Tylar
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 06:13 PM
some of the CRAP I done

Whipple 2.3
Twin 255's in the tank
80LB Injectors
Long tubes
Built bottom end
J&S Safegard
Custom tune
Built punisher trans
Billet converter
Bassani Exhaust
SCT Livewire
Home built here in the garage I will post pics before and after on the bike soon almost done.

Very nice. Something soothing about hearing twin screws scream at about 5k rpm.

1BadSvt
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 06:16 PM
Very nice. Something soothing about hearing twin screws scream at about 5k rpm.

And I haul a car trailer and the Bikes love being in the back!
Best sports car ever!!!:headbang:
It's NASTY in those pics I keep it spotless.

Tylar
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 06:28 PM
And I haul a car trailer and the Bikes love being in the back!
Best sports car ever!!!:headbang:
It's NASTY in those pics I keep it spotless.

Word. I've had a hard-on for the Terminator Cobras for years now. I have a 89 GT 5-speed that i'm slowly (read: very, very, very slowly) bringing up to snuff. Hopefully this summer it'll function at the level the motor wants to.

Still....twin screwed v-8 Ford is a thing of beauty. Very nice, man. :multi:

Wrider
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 07:02 PM
Fuck you BadSVT! Fuck you and your slow-ass thunder!
Oh and hi! :hibye:

1BadSvt
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Fuck you BadSVT! Fuck you and your slow-ass thunder!
Oh and hi! :hibye:

LMAO!
Hey I seen that screen name before!
Do I know you from somewhere?

I like PIE

~Barn~
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the club, newies. We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac. Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired. :doublefinger:

Keyser Soze
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 10:13 PM
some of the CRAP I done

Whipple 2.3
Twin 255's in the tank
80LB Injectors
Long tubes
Built bottom end
J&S Safegard
Custom tune
Built punisher trans
Billet converter
Bassani Exhaust
SCT Livewire

Very nice. I've always wanted a whippled termi myself. Clean that damn engine bay!

1BadSvt
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

TwistyRydr
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Hello, this is 1badsvt's wife ;-P Just couldn't resist to join after he found the website. I ride a 03' Kan-O-Tuna ... that has been turned into a streetfighter. I love my D&D pipe... pretty much lets everyone know I'm on the street LOL

Spooph
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Welcome! How 'bout some pics of the bikes?

TwistyRydr
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Very nice. I've always wanted a whippled termi myself. Clean that damn engine bay!

That pic was when he just finished putting the Whipple in...

Believe me he is a TRUCK WASHING NAZI!

EVERYTHING IS SPOTLESS ON THAT THING... EVEN UNDER THE HOOD!

TwistyRydr
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Welcome! How 'bout some pics of the bikes?

Well 1BadSvt's is still under construction so can't really reveal it...

Here's my Kan-O-Tuna ... I love its ugliness!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/swtcharmdlilnina/172621_551082045604_60301060_31969488_7329775_o1.j pg

TwistyRydr
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 04:11 PM

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/swtcharmdlilnina/172621_551082045604_60301060_31969488_7329775_o1.j pg

Well seems like he's already revealed it on the site, but remember its still a work in progress..

Just got that sonic blue paint job done! :headbang:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/swtcharmdlilnina/thebluebike.jpg

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Welcome guys...you'll find that this is one of, if not the best sportbike forums in CO! Typically everyone is respectful and will help out a fellow rider in need. again Welcome...it was nice meeting you Nina, and talking to you on the phone Terry!

Looking forward to this summer!

1BadSvt
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Welcome guys...you'll find that this is one of, if not the best sportbike forums in CO! Typically everyone is respectful and will help out a fellow rider in need. again Welcome...it was nice meeting you Nina, and talking to you on the phone Terry!

Looking forward to this summer!

Thanks man.
Got one of the mirrors on already.
You are a awesome seller and a great person to deal with.

1BadSvt
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 08:51 PM

That bike SURE has a crazy story though. Only if a bike can talk LMAO!

WolFeYeZ
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Hey all. My Name is Brad and I am a sophomore at DU. Just bought my first motorcycle yesterday, a 2005 r6, and I'm ready to be part of some community action :P

You all are awesome by the way. Just letting you know.

Orangetigr
Sat Feb 26th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hey all. My Name is Brad and I am a sophomore at DU. Just bought my first motorcycle yesterday, a 2005 r6, and I'm ready to be part of some community action :P

You all are awesome by the way. Just letting you know.

R6 for your first bike! Please, tell me that you have lots of dirt bike experience.
I'm at UCD Anschutz.. Happy partying.. I mean studying

Hibs
Sat Feb 26th, 2011, 12:39 PM
R6 for your first bike! Please, tell me that you have lots of dirt bike experience.
I'm at UCD Anschutz.. Happy partying.. I mean studying

Why? An R6 is nothing crazy. Hell, any 600 isn't. If he said, he had a turbo hayabusa as his first bike I might raise an eyebrow. But really, I've seen petite girls with zero motorcycle experience hop on a 600 and do just fine.

Orangetigr
Sun Feb 27th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Why? An R6 is nothing crazy. Hell, any 600 isn't. If he said, he had a turbo hayabusa as his first bike I might raise an eyebrow. But really, I've seen petite girls with zero motorcycle experience hop on a 600 and do just fine.

As a girl with CBR600RR, I'd recommend ninja 250 (my first bike),650 or SV as a start bike. Most people I know who started on 600's can't corner well. But yes. They do just fine in a straight line. I think ninja is a lot more forgiving when it comes to yanking or messing with controls. R6 will have a steeper learning curve. On the other hand, if puny little me can do it, anyone can.

r6rammy
Sun Feb 27th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Its all in the rider's hands. If he/she's throttle happy, any bike is no good. If they know their limits and stay within, then any 600 would be great. Especially the 3rd gen R6 is low on power in the lower rpms, and that could help a new rider. Just keep it under 10k rpms till you can learn to ride better. Also, MSF course will immensely help. That said, I picked up a SV650 as my first bike here stateside coz it was the naked version and I could get real cheap insurance on it. It was already dropped and I didnt have to worry about me dropping it and making it look fugly.
I recommend a SV650 as a starter bike, but a 600 with the rider in control will work equally good. Just dont go get a busa or a ZX-14, lol.

TwistyRydr
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 12:15 AM
As a girl with CBR600RR, I'd recommend ninja 250 (my first bike),650 or SV as a start bike. Most people I know who started on 600's can't corner well. But yes. They do just fine in a straight line. I think ninja is a lot more forgiving when it comes to yanking or messing with controls. R6 will have a steeper learning curve. On the other hand, if puny little me can do it, anyone can.

My first streetbike is a 600, i'm a chick, and I do awesome on it. I don't have any issues...then again I started on the dirt and had a lot of riding experience there. :dunno:

TwistyRydr
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Its all in the rider's hands. If he/she's throttle happy, any bike is no good. If they know their limits and stay within, then any 600 would be great. Especially the 3rd gen R6 is low on power in the lower rpms, and that could help a new rider. Just keep it under 10k rpms till you can learn to ride better. Also, MSF course will immensely help. That said, I picked up a SV650 as my first bike here stateside coz it was the naked version and I could get real cheap insurance on it. It was already dropped and I didnt have to worry about me dropping it and making it look fugly.
I recommend a SV650 as a starter bike, but a 600 with the rider in control will work equally good. Just dont go get a busa or a ZX-14, lol.

AGREED

MetaLord 9
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 07:44 AM
We literally just had this conversation TWO pages ago: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19477&page=142

get a busa.

fuck.

(oh and welcome n00bs :doublefinger:)

Snowman
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 08:05 AM
^ Yes, we need the spare parts...

WolFeYeZ
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Sticking to my underground parking lot with my r6 until I do the MSF course. Its been pretty fun and I try to keep it under 15mph, but thats not necessarily easy. I don't have any dirt bike experience but I do have some obsession with unpowered bikes and Ive had plenty of fun on ATVs. So far so good :)

Spooph
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I'd agree with the 250 being heavily on the "under-powered" side. Here in CO, with the elevation, you're probably better off with the 600. People constantly leave me behind.... :D Just be careful.

Also, welcome!

MetaLord 9
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 12:33 PM
If you're getting left behind and your friends won't wait for you, you need new friends not a new bike

Spooph
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I never said they don't wait for me... They're good peeps.

Stthings
Mon Mar 7th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Hey guys. My name is Sean and I'm 16. Nice to see a community of bikers here in colorado :). A little about myself. I don't have a motorcycle cause my parents are against it but I've been trying to show them some safety stuff like kevlar armour which looks pretty promising. But, worst comes to worst, I can always wait till I'm 18. Haha yeah, looking forward to these forums.

Bueller
Mon Mar 7th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Hey Sean, talk your parents into a street legal dual sport and you can learn to ride on the dirt where mistakes are not so costly and you will learn to ride a bike in varying circumstances. That way you have a huge advantage when it comes to riding street.

BlueRanger
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Don't you have to ride supervised anyway if you're under 18? Dirt sounds like the way to go, until 18. I have a buddy that's 17, me and him can't go alone cause I'm under 21. He has to be supervised by someone over 21 or something like that.

Vellos
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 01:28 AM
No you can be 16 unsupervised, as long as you're licensed. Your bud might just have the learner's permit.

And as far as getting a 600 for the first bike without any previous experience - I did it. Probably not the BEST idea, but if you know what you want go for it, just don't beat yourself up if you drop it.

WolFeYeZ
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Be sure to take a Basic Rider Course by MSF. I did mine last weekend and it was a great way to learn and I met a lot of cool people. Plus you get to skip the the DMV tests.

Stthings
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Hey all, looks like I might be looking for a new group on misfits to ride with. Work wants me to relocate to Superior/Broomfield area, I've been holding out for about a year; but I am considering it given the economy.

I'm in Orlando, FL right now; & truth be told I love the weather and closeness to the beach. It sucks that the good riding is in N. GA (I used to live in Atlanta prior to here), but it's only a day trip away.

It's going to be low 80s and I should be riding this evening :yay:
I won't consider moving until the snow is gone this spring :cold:

Any info on the Superior/Broomfield area would be appreciated! (I have visited several times, but nothing like getting info from the locals)

Superior is really the best. Excellent place to raise a family if that's a long term plan. I'm in highschool and I could honestly live nowhere else. You'll love it here. Plus, it's right in between the big cities like denver and boulder. Ull really love it.

Stthings
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Be sure to take a Basic Rider Course by MSF. I did mine last weekend and it was a great way to learn and I met a lot of cool people. Plus you get to skip the the DMV tests.

I'm definitly doing the msf just cause I think it's going to be invaluable stuff to learn

kjohnston1979
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 09:30 AM
the msf course is awesome i learned alot of stuff i didnt know pluse their bikes are easy to ride three years ago i took my old ninja to dmv and failed its hard to take test on own bike but with course its easy and i loved just taking my msf card to dmv and getting my endorsement that simple love the course i was asked to come back and take more advanced course and the top gun course wich is really really slow manuvers if thats how ya spell it lol good luck to all who want to take it.

Mntntoproc
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Happy Friday! New to the forum. Looking forward to a great year of riding! See you all out there on the roads!

usmcab35
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Happy Friday! New to the forum. Looking forward to a great year of riding! See you all out there on the roads!

what part of town are you from?

Swift
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 11:01 AM
the msf course is awesome i learned alot of stuff i didnt know pluse their bikes are easy to ride three years ago i took my old ninja to dmv and failed its hard to take test on own bike but with course its easy and i loved just taking my msf card to dmv and getting my endorsement that simple love the course i was asked to come back and take more advanced course and the top gun course wich is really really slow manuvers if thats how ya spell it lol good luck to all who want to take it.

ABATE was extremely easy and fun to do. I had the most riding experience of my group which proved to be beneficial for everyone else since the instructors made me do the test drills 1st so they knew what to expect before they did it. Everyone in my class passed which says a lot about their program considering a lot of them had never even ridden much less sat on a motorcycle before it.

Mntntoproc
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Down in the Springs! So I guess it's the Dirty South... But I love to ride and can pretty much meet-up with anyone, anywhere...

McMillinKevin
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Since we have had a steady stream of new members joining the club, this thread will serve as a place for any new members to let us know who they are instead of having a ton of "Hi I'm new here" posts in the general forum.

Are you new? Let us know a bit about yourself if you want, or just give a shout out to the club.

Hey Riders, My name is Kevin and I am new to the club. I don't know anyone. I am currently living in Golden/Evergreen but am from the Vail area. I just bought my first bike last year a Honda ST1300. A friend of mine told me that it was a lot of bike and probably the wrong bike for me to start on so...I bought it of course. Awesome bike with a very wide and predictable power band. I LOVE IT. Looking to meet some riders who like to ride hard and live long. I am a sober 48 YO guy so I don't drink but I know how to have a good time and would love to hook up.

HI.

McMillinKevin
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 05:53 AM
BYW, I have no idea how to properly use the forum, ie, submit new post, etc.

Kevin

spdu4ia
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 02:57 PM
don't know if I ever said hey on there or not (too lazy to search for it). I'm new as of July to COS so hey .

http://www.twitter.com/spdu4ia0000

Busa61
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Hey what's up everbody new to the club my name is Caleb Bennington 34 i Ride a 03 Hayabusa. I own a local hvac company named All Around Comfort. Hope to ride with some of you soon.

usmcab35
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Yea another busa!! Welcome!

R1-Laubinero
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 09:24 PM
now can i not be a noob?

Briniker
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 09:55 PM
What's up y'all? Just joined CSC but been riding for about 5 years. Sold my R6 last fall and just got a 2008 Ducati 1098S a few months ago. Looking forward to meeting some new people and doing a lot of riding. I live downtown by coors field but will meet up wherever.

Airreed
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Post oup some pictures of that Ducati!!!!

Briniker
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:20 PM
On the showroom floor the day I got it.

NUTZ
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Hey what's up everbody new to the club my name is Caleb Bennington 34 i Ride a 03 Hayabusa. I own a local hvac company named All Around Comfort. Hope to ride with some of you soon.

Another Busa owner with an HVAC biz. What are the odds? :loop: Welcome Busa61 and all the other noobs!

R6biker122
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Man i really love that Ducati. Lucky.

mexidroid
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Hi my name is Juan i am new here on the Forum i ride a ZX7R Ninja its an 02 new to me jeje.
just found this forum thanks to a freind.
i live in thornton.:piss:

ThrustinDuffman
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Hello everyone! Just recently joined this site, found it by accident because I was looking into buying a bike. I recently got my permit and looking forward to getting on the road as well as meeting other friendly riders.

Tylar
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM
looking forward to ... meeting other friendly riders.

May the force be with you...:vader:

lunasgixxer
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 11:15 AM
what up I'm luna, I'm 22 just picked up n 02 gixxer 6 and just tryin to get out there n ride as much as possible. oh im located in thornton

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 12:01 PM
welcome all...the kool-aid is awesome!

Mother Goose
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 03:46 PM
now can i not be a noob?
September 2010?! n00b. :lol:

usmcab35
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 04:21 PM
now can i not be a noob?

ask again in a year.. :lol:

Racz
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 10:57 AM
Whats up guys im steve i have all ready been on a couple rides with some of you i have the black honda cbr600. so far i think this forum is the shit.

zPurpleRoom
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 08:06 PM
Hey guys....I'm back!!! I know....I know....we will have to setup a numbering system for all the people who want to buy me beers. :king: :guinness: I also am looking for a relatively inexpensive bike to ride until I can decide what type of permanent bike I need. :)

Airreed
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 10:11 PM
I have a 2007 Honda CBR for sale! Checkout the classified section for more details.
Daddy wants a new Ducati 848.

dsantilli
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:25 AM
Hey all!
I am just re-introducing myself as I joined here ages ago, spoke little, trolled a lot and am now back.

I am hoping to get in on a few group rides soon. Look out for an old guy on a red '98 Interceptor :evil:

Mother Goose
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Welcome back Zane!!

kenneth
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Hey. Was recommended from another military couple in the forum. My names Kenneth and just moved here to Fort Carson with wife and child. Glad to find a group of riders. Lookin forward to ridin.

BushyAR15
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
Hi,

I just got back into riding after being away from it for a bit. Just picked up an Aprilia Dorsoduro as I wanted something a little more versatile.

Used to race with the MRA from about 2000-2005.

Look forward to meeting and riding with other members

TwistyRydr
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:23 PM
Hey. Was recommended from another military couple in the forum. My names Kenneth and just moved here to Fort Carson with wife and child. Glad to find a group of riders. Lookin forward to ridin.

Hey! Glad to see you finally got on the forum. Chatted with your wife for a while the other day ;-) If you ever wanna just go for ride around town let us know. :)

Vellos
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:26 PM
Welcome newbs. Make sure ya read up on The Pace (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/local/ThePace.html) before you go on some group rides. :leghump:

1BadSvt
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Hey! Glad to see you finally got on the forum. Chatted with your wife for a while the other day ;-) If you ever wanna just go for ride around town let us know. :)
You should come by sometime and hang out for a few I'm Nina's Husband she referred you.

BigD
Sat Mar 26th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Hello all!

I just moved here from FL. Hope to get on some rides soon and meet some people.

rider_rob
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Hey everyone! Really looking forward to having an amazing riding season. I am in Arvada. If anyone is ever looking for a riding partner, give me a shout!

Tylar
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Welcome!

CaneZach
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Welcome newbs and old newbs

usmcab35
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Hi my name is Juan i am new here on the Forum i ride a ZX7R Ninja its an 02 new to me jeje.
just found this forum thanks to a freind.
i live in thornton.:piss:

nice to see you are one here! welcome to all the newbs!!!:scream2:

oh10raven
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Hello everyone! New member here. Been riding dirt since I was a kid and street bikes since I was 16. Just picked up my 2010 R1 in February and would like to do some group rides in the future.

mexidroid
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 09:11 AM
nice to see you are one here! welcome to all the newbs!!!:scream2:

No no no... not a newb anymore i promise i just took my first ride with shorts, sandals and a t-shirt.... that makes me a pro... a real winner LOL:leghump: