PDA

View Full Version : OLD New Members - Introduce yourselves here

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20

Supah Tweety
Sat May 12th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Hello everyone!

Was on the forums years ago.
Just came back. :hibye:

Colorado native, been riding 7 years now. I ride an '05 R6.
Have spent most of my time in the canyons due to fund restrictions to get onto the track....

Thanks to the meeting at the Walnut Room on Wednesday night, I finally get the chance to be on a big girl track...I won a pass to SuperStreet! :yay:

See you all at PPIR on the 19th!

AOK303
Sat May 12th, 2012, 09:25 PM
so that means you were sitting with Slo right

Welcome back

WolFeYeZ
Sat May 12th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Hello everyone!

Was on the forums years ago.
Just came back. :hibye:

Colorado native, been riding 7 years now. I ride an '05 R6.
Have spent most of my time in the canyons due to fund restrictions to get onto the track....

Thanks to the meeting at the Walnut Room on Wednesday night, I finally get the chance to be on a big girl track...I won a pass to SuperStreet! :yay:

See you all at PPIR on the 19th!

Welcome from another track newb! Ill be doing my 2nd SuperStreet on the 19th with my 05 r6. You are going to have a blast. See you out there and good luck!

Goredrak
Tue May 15th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Hey everyone. I just picked up my first bike, '09 FZ6, about a month ago. I heard about this club when I went up to the motorcycle "expo" at Aurora Town Center last Sunday, and figured it (the club, not the expo) would be a great place to meet other bike happy people. I'm on the north end of Parker, and itching to ride every weekend. Hit me up if you want to tool around.

Sully
Tue May 15th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Welcome n00bs! :hibye: Come out this Thursday to Off Broadway and Lil Ricci's for Grand Prix's bike night! :bananna: Meet lots of people, win cool schwag and have some delicious pizza! :yumyum:

There is also a Seasonal Kick off Ride this weekend - check out the Social Events section! Or if you'd rather see the MRA racers, head out to PPIR this weekend!

~Barn~
Tue May 15th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Welcome to the club, newies. If you don't feel comfortable performing the duties as required to sit in the Exit Row, please notify a Moderator and we will relocate you. :doublefinger:

Goredrak
Tue May 15th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Welcome n00bs! :hibye: Come out this Thursday to Off Broadway and Lil Ricci's for Grand Prix's bike night! :bananna: Meet lots of people, win cool schwag and have some delicious pizza! :yumyum:

There is also a Seasonal Kick off Ride this weekend - check out the Social Events section! Or if you'd rather see the MRA racers, head out to PPIR this weekend!

I'd love to come down, but I have to work until 11pm Thurs. I will be on the Seasonal kick-off ride though

Sean
Wed May 16th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Must be spring time, there's nOOb in the air. :hump:

Sully
Wed May 16th, 2012, 09:33 AM
They have them out where you are, West and in the desert?... I'm sure there is a magnetic Prius coming your way! :p

Sean
Wed May 16th, 2012, 09:40 AM
They have them out where you are, West and in the desert?Just dirt nOObs. I've only seen 3-4 sportbikes.

I'm sure there is a magnetic Prius coming your way! :p:slap:

There are a few prii out here (among the massive trucks) and I give every one of them the stink eye... :down:

Sully
Wed May 16th, 2012, 10:25 AM
:lol:... give 'em hell, Sean. Are you out there for long or?

Sportbikes are dangerous! :devil2:

big53lee
Wed May 16th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I'd love to come down, but I have to work until 11pm Thurs. I will be on the Seasonal kick-off ride though

A group of meeting at 8am at faye myers if u wanna ride with us to the seasonal kikoff ride at moco

Sean
Wed May 16th, 2012, 11:35 AM
:lol:... give 'em hell, Sean. Are you out there for long or?
We'll be out here for awhile. We just had an offer accepted on a house! :bananna:

Sportbikes are dangerous! :devil2:Only girls ride sportbikes... :gay:

(very fast girls)

cptschlongenheimer
Wed May 16th, 2012, 12:22 PM
We'll be out here for awhile. We just had an offer accepted on a house! :bananna:

Congrats, bro!

Sean
Wed May 16th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Congrats, bro!Thanks! It's not final yet, but we're pretty excited. Is it wrong, that all I do, is daydream about how awesome I'm going to make the garage? :eyebrows:

AOK303
Wed May 16th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks! It's not final yet, but we're pretty excited. Is it wrong, that all I do, is daydream about how awesome I'm going to make the garage? :eyebrows:

Keg-orator in the middle is a must that way its the same distance from working on 4wheel vehicles and 2 wheel vehicles

cptschlongenheimer
Wed May 16th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks! It's not final yet, but we're pretty excited. Is it wrong, that all I do, is daydream about how awesome I'm going to make the garage? :eyebrows:

It would be wrong if you didn't. :D

grim
Wed May 16th, 2012, 01:02 PM

Hell no, One of the first things i did was Epoxy paint my floor, and clean the shit out of it, and there were toilets, light fixtures, outlets, and all kinds of crap that needed to be replaced :lol:

Sean
Wed May 16th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Keg-orator in the middle is a must that way its the same distance from working on 4wheel vehicles and 2 wheel vehiclesI think I'll just stick with a beer fridge. No need to get fat and have Angela leave me (yet).

It would be wrong if you didn't. :D

Hell no, One of the first things i did was Epoxy paint my floor, and clean the shit out of it, and there were toilets, light fixtures, outlets, and all kinds of crap that needed to be replaced :lol:
Great minds think alike.

JB2k6R6
Mon May 21st, 2012, 06:33 PM
What's up! I'm josh, I ride an '06 Yamaha yzf R6 bone stock. I got brake checked and high sided about 3 months ago, long story short- I learned to fly til a steel post got in my way, now I've got 17k worth of metal in my shoulder. I just finished all the mechanical repairs and I'm starting to fix the cosmetics. I've been riding again for about a month and I'm looking for some guys that aren't to nuts (no stunting or lane splitting) to ride with and learn from. I'd love to get on the track in this next season or two....also just picked up about 600 bucks worth of new tools :). Anyways, hit me up if you are willing to do some less technical riding.

CafeRacer
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 08:17 AM
I live in Widefield and love group rides. Septrmber of last year I decided after selling an old Jeep that I was going to buy a motorcycle but didn't know what kind. With a limited budget I decided to buy an old bike and fix it up. Watching hundreds of youtube videos I came across old motorcycles turned into Cafe Racers so I found a 1981 Honda CB650 on craigslist for $500 and got started and now have a pretty cool bike that is still a work in progress but not far from cafe standards. I have weekends off and love to take atleast one of the days for poker runs or just afternoon rides looking for others who do the same. Message me for weekend group activities or meetups. Cya on the road.

650rguy
Wed May 23rd, 2012, 08:55 PM
My name is Mike. I ride a 2008 Ninja 650r. I live in Colorado Springs and want to meet other riders. I have a couple friends that ride but they don't live here. I am kind of new to riding but I can hold my own. I don't push past my limits but I am always looking to improve and get pointers. I work nights and weekends but I am always down to ride on my off time.

bcmoore80
Wed May 23rd, 2012, 11:23 PM
Hi, my name is Brian and I'm a track addict.. :-) I currently live in Monterey, CA but I'm moving to Colorado Springs in June. I'm also addicted to the Triumph675.net forum where I've meet a couple Colorado riders that I'm looking forward to riding and racing with.

I know this isn't the place for questions, but out here in CA, we don't have to worry about our water(i.e. no anti-freeze) freezing in our bikes. What do you track guys do with your bike in the winter to keep it from freezing in your garages? Drain? Add anti-freeze? Heat blanket?

Look forward to chatting with you guys!

Edit... Made good use of the search bar and found the general consensus is to drain some water and add anti-freeze for the winter and then return to distilled water when track season returns.

FZRguy
Thu May 24th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Most folks run Water Wetter and distilled water on the track. I've never seen my garage get below 32 degrees, so I didn't even bother with draining last winter and had no issues. I have a propane garage heater if we get below zero temps, which usually happens a couple times per year (don't think we had any last winter).

Rocket01
Thu May 24th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Hey guys, I'm somewhat new. I go by Rocket, Pete, or Nacho. I moved to Denver the beginning of April. I'm currently living in Westminster, but hope to be living down in the Centennial/Lonetree area next week. The drive from South Denver to North Denver took 2 freak'n hours yesterday! And I saw a chick rider on a blue R6 braving the weather--crazy! I'd post a picture I took, but I don't think I have "sufficient privileges" to post pictures/create photo albums...EXTREMELY LAME!

I have two broken GSXRs that I'd love to combine to a working race bike. Once that's complete I'll be heading out to the race track every free chance I can get.

See ya'll at the next rider social.

Speed is life!
-Nacho!

tecknojoe
Thu May 24th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Most folks run Water Wetter and distilled water on the track. I've never seen my garage get below 32 degrees, so I didn't even bother with draining last winter and had no issues. I have a propane garage heater if we get below zero temps, which usually happens a couple times per year (don't think we had any last winter).

I would dissagree. Unless your garage is heated, I've seen garages drop below the freezing point. Especially that string of -20 degree days in early 2011. Just drain it and forget it. that's what I do

sciroccojoe
Thu May 24th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hello! Names Joe, and I love to ride. I live and work in Boulder, moved here from Philly last year. Been on 2 wheels for a little over a year now. I currently ride a 2011 ZX6R which I'm unfortunately in the process of making pretty again, as I had layed it down a whole 5 days into ownership when I hit gravel in left hand canyon :down:. Parts are in the mail tho and she stills rides great. I'm very new to group riding but I'm def looking forward to meeting up with some locals this season.

Joe

Ghosty
Thu May 24th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Welcome to CSC! Any pics of your Scirocco?

sciroccojoe
Thu May 24th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Welcome to CSC! Any pics of your Scirocco?

Sadly I no longer have it, but the name kind of stuck. Would love to find another but man are they rare out here.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv20/bryanacelluar/216862_1010500976094_1032086666_44709_4630_n1.jpg

When I'm not riding and forced to take the cage i roll in this now
http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv20/bryanacelluar/b8167ee4957311e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

BoostCreep
Thu May 24th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Hey my name is Jason, ztrtyper on CRN for Ghosty ^. I live in the Springs and I used to have an '01 Gsxr 750 that I wrecked, fixed and sold. I just got a '00 750 that was a race bike, oh about 2 months ago. I got a good deal on it but it needs a lot of work to ride on the street. I've got about 3 yrs riding experience and I'm hoping to get this bike going in a couple weeks. I'm just waiting on parts to show up. Looking forward to riding this summer!

Jmetz
Thu May 24th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Noob flood! Seal the gates!

:D

Sully
Thu May 24th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I would dissagree. Unless your garage is heated, I've seen garages drop below the freezing point. Especially that string of -20 degree days in early 2011. Just drain it and forget it. that's what I do

Mine has water wetter and is in the garage when I'm not riding it. It's an attached and insulated garage so I really don't have any issues. If the temps drop below zero, I can roll her into the kitchen :lol: If you're using a detached garage (not heated by an apartment above it, etc.) or has zero insulation, I would drain it or put coolant or engine ice in it. There is no reason to take the chance of ruining your bike on something so simple.

duckhnter83
Thu May 24th, 2012, 03:31 PM
My names Bill I live in Greeley and wouldn't mind meeting people to ride with. I have a 07 gsxr 600

grim
Thu May 24th, 2012, 03:38 PM
My names Bill I live in Greeley and wouldn't mind meeting people to ride with. I have a 07 gsxr 600

Bill, by any chance have you seen a fat guy on a scooter with his dog strapped to the back. :lol:

Jmetz
Thu May 24th, 2012, 03:51 PM
:321:

duckhnter83
Fri May 25th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Bill, by any chance have you seen a fat guy on a scooter with his dog strapped to the back. :lol:
Can't say I have seen that yet. But ill be looking for him now!

grim
Fri May 25th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Can't say I have seen that yet. But ill be looking for him now!

:spit: That just made this that much better.

duckhnter83
Fri May 25th, 2012, 12:51 PM
:spit: That just made this that much better.

I guess im not catching the joke. If you are being serious which something like a guy with his dog strapped to his scooter wouldn't surprise me I would like to see that.

Slo
Fri May 25th, 2012, 12:56 PM
I guess im not catching the joke. If you are being serious which something like a guy with his dog strapped to his scooter wouldn't surprise me I would like to see that.

LOOK HERE (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45344)

dano21911
Sat May 26th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Hey im Daniel. I live in Cheyenne. Im active duty air force mechanic.I ride an 07 cbr 1000RR. I rode in the annual newb ride last weekend and loved it.the guys in the group suggested I check out this group since its closer to me. Ive been riding bikes my whole life. I grew up in ga and actually was a bike mechanic for almost 2 yrs before joining the AF. I HEARD about this forum from the guy Tht started bike night in Cheyenne but there are no good twisties . We just rode thru poudre canyon yesterday and loved it. So please keep me posted on weekend rides. I'd love to come down n ride with you guys.

LORENZO
Tue May 29th, 2012, 11:24 AM
I'm not 100% new, but I haven't logged on since Fri Mar 13th, 2009.... Just picked up a 2006 ZX10R and a Gopro, I'm excited to be back on two wheels again.

Bueller
Tue May 29th, 2012, 02:05 PM
How about a fat old guy with a dog riding on a mini in "squid" attire?

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Dogs/484328_3243348972470_1529225193_324.jpg

stang50
Sat Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:33 PM
wassup csc?? i'm josh, I'm sorta new, I signed up a few months ago when I was in the "waiting to decide which bike to buy" stage of the whole process, and now I finally bought a bike, an 07 cbr600rrr, so I did a password revival on my acct and now i'm back. oh yeah and i live in the springs http://joshwilluhn.com/cbrtorino.jpg

Drano
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:35 AM
Welcome, welcome, one and all. :)

howard27
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:44 AM
Hey everyone, I just joined to meet new people and hopefully ride a bunch. I'm 27 married w/ 6 year old son. In the USAF so moving around a lot, hopefully staying in Colorado for a wile we love it here. I've been riding since 03 first bike was a 89 honda hawk, know riding an 06 Yahmaha R6 (50th anniversary)awesome bike love to ride it.

yeathatguy
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hey there gixxer 750 rider here 24 m thornt
on anyone in ny area

Akholde
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Hi my Name is Chad, i got my 2011 ninja 650R about a month ago, im new to the sportbike scene and loving it. I'm 22 years old, i just got back from overseas in the Marines and im enjoying my free time before i head back to school. mainly looking for people to ride with.

Slo
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Chad, which side of town do you live at? When you say overseas....did you goto the rock or elsewhere?

grim
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Hi my Name is Chad, i got my 2011 ninja 650R about a month ago, im new to the sportbike scene and loving it. I'm 22 years old, i just got back from overseas in the Marines and im enjoying my free time before i head back to school. mainly looking for people to ride with.

If you gear gunshots just remember to be calm and not freak out, its not charlie coming after you its just your bike backfiring. :lol:

Welcome :up:

Akholde
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Chad, which side of town do you live at? When you say overseas....did you goto the rock or elsewhere?

Im on the North side of the Springs...about 10 minutes away from monument. haha, yea afghanistan...we called it the sandbox, but the "lingo" is defferent everywhere you go.

Slo
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Nah...sandbox is the common term, you didn't reference where you went so thought maybe Okinawa....the rock haha.

Welcome home fellow devil dog!!

grim
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Im on the North side of the Springs...about 10 minutes away from monument. haha, yea afghanistan...we called it the sandbox, but the "lingo" is defferent everywhere you go.

We called it the Shitbox when we were there.

cptschlongenheimer
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 03:54 PM
We called it the Shitbox when we were there.

That was our term of endearment for Somalia...

Nolan
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I'm Nolan, only been on the bike for about a month. Still has temp tags on it that I would like to get rid of. Just out to have some good rides and keep the shiny side up. Got myself into an SV650 naked that really I've been wanting for a few years. Thank god for divorce! So I guess this is my midlife crisis!
Always up for a ride if I'm not working, don't have the kids, or otherwise unavailable.

Akholde
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I'm Nolan, only been on the bike for about a month. Still has temp tags on it that I would like to get rid of. Just out to have some good rides and keep the shiny side up. Got myself into an SV650 naked that really I've been wanting for a few years. Thank god for divorce! So I guess this is my midlife crisis!
Always up for a ride if I'm not working, don't have the kids, or otherwise unavailable.

Hey Nolan, what general area do you live in?

RidinMedic
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Hey everyone, I am brett and am working as a paramedic in this great state of ours. :hibye: I am looking forward to meeting everyone and maybe getting some riding in. I live in Milliken. I am working on getting my ride back on the road (god willing) just posting to say hello everyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "hello everyone!!!"""""

Crazy-Ivan
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Hi, I recently joined to find some people to ride with since I have been riding solo ever since I moved to CO. I am located in the Colorado Springs area and hoping to start riding heavily now that summer is here. Anyone near by? Cheers!:hibye:

Akholde
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hey, im right there with you Ivan...where at in the springs are you located? im just south of Black Forest. Hit me up if you ever want to go for a Ride

Crazy-Ivan
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Oh that's not far at all! I am located by the Chapel hills mall area right off I-25. Next saturday afternoon around 4 or 5 we are planning on going for a ride with a friend of mine. We should def. meet up!

Akholde
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 08:31 PM
For sure, i dont think i have any plans...yea i know that area well. thats in the afternoon i hope...haha, yea just lemme know when and where you wanna meet, ill be there

Crazy-Ivan
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Ok i'll PM you before friday to check on time and everything. Anyone who reads this and wants to go for a ride, please feel free to join

madvlad
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Welcome fellas

3point5
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Hey everyone - my name is James - I have a 2001 aprilia mille r. Love everything about the bike, love to ride in colorado - I'm pretty easy going - I'm on a international forum (apriliaforum.com) and there seems to be a ton of people on there from colorado.

I'll take afternoon rides every now and again but I usually ride to & from work or errands around town. wouldnt mind meeting other aprilia/ducs/mva around

Racz
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 11:16 PM
i like turtles

Wrider
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Welcome. Also from the Springs. Heading up to FoCo this weekend to see friends and get a new tire from Oscar, but I'm up for rides as well!

Sully
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Welcome to the forum, n00bs! :hibye:

SIMONSEZ23
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Hey everyone, I am brett and am working as a paramedic in this great state of ours. :hibye: I am looking forward to meeting everyone and maybe getting some riding in. I live in Milliken. I am working on getting my ride back on the road (god willing) just posting to say hello everyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "hello everyone!!!"""""

hey RidinMedic let me know if you ever you want to go out and ride live in milliken as well.

Ghosty
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Welcome to CSC, Crazy Ivan...

http://cdn.head-fi.org/7/78/1000x500px-LL-786c84c8_norm-4d4d16123a86d-HuntForRedOctoberThe1990.jpg

Trainwreck
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Welcome to CSC, Crazy Ivan...

http://cdn.head-fi.org/7/78/1000x500px-LL-786c84c8_norm-4d4d16123a86d-HuntForRedOctoberThe1990.jpg

hehehe.

CaneZach
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Guys, I'm also in the Springs and I'm free to ride on most weekends, as long as I'm not racing. Drop me a PM sometime

Ted
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Hey everyone - my name is James - I have a 2001 aprilia mille r. Love everything about the bike, love to ride in colorado - I'm pretty easy going - I'm on a international forum (apriliaforum.com) and there seems to be a ton of people on there from colorado.

I'll take afternoon rides every now and again but I usually ride to & from work or errands around town. wouldnt mind meeting other aprilia/ducs/mva around

I feel left out :x

Sean
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Holy nOOb infiltration!!!!!!!

Run for the hills!!!!!!

(oh wait, I'm already in the hills.)

grim
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I was a noob once, but then i got 5,319 posts.

Sean
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 10:18 AM
You still are a nOOb, nOOb. :slap:

grim
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 10:28 AM
You still are a nOOb, nOOb. :slap:

My name is in fact "Sean" pronounced and spelled just as yours, so in placing an animated image of a smiley slapping another smiley you are indefinitely slapping yourself.......stop hitting yourself.

Sean
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
My name is in fact "Sean" pronounced and spelled just as yours, so in placing an animated image of a smiley slapping another smiley you are indefinitely slapping yourself.......stop hitting yourself.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3182/2735502982_f7a0a5c789.jpg

grim
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 10:53 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3182/2735502982_f7a0a5c789.jpg

:lol: Sense: my statement made none.

big53lee
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Welcome to the madness! Lol

I live in dtc near faye myers. Hit me up for rides newbies

grim
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 11:32 AM

Hey less talky more Quoting mofo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big53lee
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Hey less talky more Quoting mofo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a fellow mofo once said "stop hitting yourself".
now thats great advice.

FZjake719
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 12:47 PM
a fellow mofo once said "stop hitting yourself".
now thats great advice.

I just wanted to quote real quick....And welcome NEWBS!

Jmetz
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 01:28 PM

There is no e on Fay, chief.

SirMikens
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Hi,

Live in Centennial about 10-15 minutes east of Fay Myers. Looking to meet other cool sport bikers to hang with, share a RockStar Vodka or BBQ and of course some rides

Been riding for 5 consecutive years and 2 years previously. Ride a Black 2007 Kawasaki ZZR 600 (aka ZX6) for a daily commuter. Previous bike was a Honda VFR 750.

Saturday or Sundays good for riding. Evenings kinda tight but not impossible for short meetup.

Sully
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 02:49 PM

Maybe he is 'le French?

big53lee
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 04:37 PM

thanks mr. spell check! sweew, good thing you told me, people might not know what i'm talking about. lol

Slo
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 04:38 PM
thanks mr. spell check! sweew, good thing you told me, people might not know what i'm talking about. lol

Hahaha....

losermonkey
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Hello, I've been riding an 03 R6 for the last three years but just upgraded to a 2012 Aprilia RSV4.

Jmetz
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 06:05 PM

It's true. I was like what the hell is he talking about?? Then a fly landed on the e and it all became clear.

DemonRider
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Welcome one, Welcome all - sit back enjoy the show and lets go ride ;)

on anyone in ny area

Ya there are a lot of us from Thornton and surrounding areas although we seem to be POST shy a little :) LOL.

Slo
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Hello, I've been riding an 03 R6 for the last three years but just upgraded to a 2012 Aprilia RSV4.

Welcome and wow....that's one hell of an upgrade!!! Enjoy riding/owning one of my favorite all time bikes.

Rocket01
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 12:13 AM
on anyone in ny area

Sup dood. I think I missed your post to me. I'm doing some short rides around Thornton/Westminster area if you want to go out for a ride. My new job is really getting in the way of my longer riding plans :/

Anyone up for riding downtown Fri or Sat eve? PS, if you see a dude with lit mohawk, that's me.

h4aardvrk
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 04:59 AM
greetings..I lived in Ft. Collins for 27 years before moving out of state..I ride a 1990 HawkGT-RC31 and love it. Some will say that 54 HP is not enough..I sat that if someone can use All of that 54 HP whereever they ride, they must be National Class AMA material. My RC31 has the F-2 front end installed, Stage 3 Factory Pro jet kit..4 inch Pod air filters, Supertrapp headers and cans, Penske 8900 rear shock, and Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires..I also made a Garmin and Go Pro mount that is located right on the upper triple tree. I am currently living in Wv, trying to sell my farm and move back to my much loved Colorado.

ChangBang
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Hey,

Been living in Denver for the past couple years and have a 2008 gsxr-600. Been exploring CO with the bike and having fun with it. This is only my 2nd season so still a noob, trying to learn more about the bike(riding and maintenance) and am eyeing the superstreet class at HPR on 7/28.

Pretty much been riding solo and was interested in finding some people to ride with.

-Chris

Brahma
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I am a returning member...does that count?

Grant

Cornfed
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Got myself into an SV650 naked that really I've been wanting for a few years. Thank god for divorce! So I guess this is my midlife crisis!

I still miss mine. SV that is, not my exwife. Welcome noob!

Anyone up for riding downtown Fri or Sat eve? PS, if you see a dude with lit mohawk, that's me.

:no: :squid:

grim
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM
:roll: :squid:

:spit: I though that's how you rolled on Friday nights!!

Cornfed
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 07:53 PM

Post whore. :doublefinger:

mdub
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Sup dood. I think I missed your post to me. I'm doing some short rides around Thornton/Westminster area if you want to go out for a ride. My new job is really getting in the way of my longer riding plans :/

man that is awesome....what color is your lit mohawk? mine is a neon blue...i'll keep an eye out bro....

Rocket01
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 10:39 PM
man that is awesome....what color is your lit mohawk? mine is a neon blue...i'll keep an eye out bro....

My mohawk is blue, and the lights are yellow. Gonna install some ground effect lights on my bike this weekend if I get some time.

Wow, way exhausted riding/sitting in traffic in the sun today. Damn games always clog up the freeways and downtown.

How do riders park downtown. 99.69% of the street/meter parking is 100% full, and then there is lot parking. And where exactly am I suppose to put my nifty little parking ticket stub? On my "dashboard"? Can I park on the sidewalk like I see all the scooters do? We need motorcycle parking downtown. [End Rant]

Ghosty
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 02:12 AM
I am a returning member...does that count?

Grant
Heya Grant, good to seeya! Good luck on your bike search, love the sound of V-twins & V4's!

Detengof
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Any new people looking to ride in the springs 719-440-4161.

FZRguy
Sun Jun 10th, 2012, 12:38 AM
greetings..I lived in Ft. Collins for 27 years before moving out of state..I ride a 1990 HawkGT-RC31 and love it. Some will say that 54 HP is not enough..I sat that if someone can use All of that 54 HP whereever they ride, they must be National Class AMA material. My RC31 has the F-2 front end installed, Stage 3 Factory Pro jet kit..4 inch Pod air filters, Supertrapp headers and cans, Penske 8900 rear shock, and Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires..I also made a Garmin and Go Pro mount that is located right on the upper triple tree. I am currently living in Wv, trying to sell my farm and move back to my much loved Colorado.

Bike sounds bad ass to me. Post up a pic when you get a chance.

cody1000rr
Sun Jun 10th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Live in Manitou been here couple of weeks now, ride a RC51. Went on the ride last weekend to meet the North. Number is 970 250 6014 name is cody

Matty
Sun Jun 10th, 2012, 09:03 AM
:hibye:

welcome n00bs...

~Barn~
Sun Jun 10th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the club newies. Not all black people look alike.
:doublefinger:

Cornfed
Sun Jun 10th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Not all black people look alike.

I have no idea where that come from, but ur wrong. Same goes for Asians. :p

~Barn~
Sun Jun 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
:spit:

Ghosty
Sun Jun 10th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Live in Manitou been here couple of weeks now, ride a RC51.
Nice, welcome to CSC everyone. Me and a buddy just rode down from Deckers/WoodlandPark through Manitou. I've never been there, beautiful little town! I would love to go back and walk around all the shops on the main road there, seems like a great place to live.

LOL! Injuns don't, I look nothing like the guy on the left here, but I do have a few friends that are country-fried 'necks... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/toothygrin.gif

http://www.westernclippings.com/images/treasures/wt10_ic-cm-rr-ga-pb.jpg

Cornfed
Sun Jun 10th, 2012, 07:54 PM
LOL! Injuns don't, I look nothing like the guy on the left here, but I do have a few friends that are country-fried 'necks... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/toothygrin.gif

http://www.westernclippings.com/images/treasures/wt10_ic-cm-rr-ga-pb.jpg

Ive probably been accused of being a redneck once or twice. It's all in good fun. :cheers:

Welcome noobs. :hibye:

diz
Sun Jun 10th, 2012, 10:45 PM

Hey, I'm asian... but I guess we're all from China too. :lol: I'm from the aurora/centennial area and have a r6 that I'm trying to get to the racetrack.

AOK303
Sun Jun 10th, 2012, 11:20 PM
damn it thought this was an Asian free site

Slo
Sun Jun 10th, 2012, 11:23 PM
It is....isn't it? Oh wait, someone told me recently I was yellow as well.

Cornfed
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Maybe you misunderstood them. Maybe they said "yeller" not "yellow". Two completely different meanings.

Hey, I'm asian... but I guess we're all from China too. :lol:
That is correct, and if you were born south of Texas you are a Mexican, that includes you Madvlad, and everyone from Iowa wears bibs and drives a tractor, and everyone from Arkansas goes to family reunions to pick up chicks, Jslew, and if you ride a Harley you must be a Hells Angel. Christ am I the only one who understands these tried and trued facts! :rant:

I'm from the aurora/centennial area and have a r6 that I'm trying to get to the racetrack.Now that I have set the world back into order. Welcome noob, HPR lapping day next Monday. Come on out and play and Ill teach about those damn Canadians. :lol:

Hyde
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Hey all, I'm new here. My name is Heidi and I just moved from the Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota to attend Physician Assistant school at Red Rocks Community College in August. I used to post in a similar sport bike forum in MN so here's the usual:

Current Bike: 2007 Suzuki SV650s - Red
First Bike: 1996 Honda CBR 600 F3
Riding since: 2005
Riding Level/Style: Beginner/Intermediate. I wear all of my gear and don't do wheelies and burnouts and such. I try to ride like I represent all riders (i.e. I don't try to do things that piss off other drivers and promote responsible riding). I like to cruise around and do skills courses / track days. Any suggestions? All I've seen is HPR "lapping days" but that kind of sounds like a free-for-all...:dunno: The courses I've enjoyed the most were led by a former AMA racer and broken down by experience level. Other skilled riders and club racers were instructors as well and it was great! They rotated which group was on the track for about 20 mins, then you had a 20 minute "class time" with your instructors to talk about how the last session went and introduce a new skill. Anything like that around here?

I also used to volunteer for club racing (Central Roadracing Association at Brainerd International Raceway) doing timing & scoring. I might snoop around and find out where to go watch racing around here.

I just got my SV in November of last year so I'm still getting used to it compared to my old F3, but so far I'm having a ton of fun! I'd like to explore around here but I'm not really sure where to start, so if anyone wants to cruise around the North side without going balls to the wall, send me a PM! My schedule is pretty open until school starts at the end of August.

Also does anyone have a shop around the North side? And is anyone a mechanic and does good work on the side?

Ok thanks bye :)

madvlad
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Wilkommen!

asp_125
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 04:48 PM

I'm not asian, I'm Canadian... :canuck:

...Come on out and play and Ill teach about those damn Canadians. :lol:

Oh, Damn.... nvmd.

AOK303
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 07:01 PM
SNNNNNAAAAAAAp

diz
Tue Jun 12th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Now that I have set the world back into order. Welcome noob, HPR lapping day next Monday. Come on out and play and Ill teach about those damn Canadians. :lol:

I read on here that it's a bad idea to ride up to the track and don't have a way to transport my bike yet.

Slo
Tue Jun 12th, 2012, 06:25 PM
People do it, but it is definitely not recommended. Not just for the risk of crashing but having to ride home super fatigued.

diz
Tue Jun 12th, 2012, 06:51 PM
People do it, but it is definitely not recommended. Not just for the risk of crashing but having to ride home super fatigued.

Ah, that makes sense. I also read on here that you are hosting a practice thing at IMI. How much does it cost and what do you need to bring?

Brahma
Tue Jun 12th, 2012, 07:27 PM
damn it thought this was an Asian free site

Half of me is really offended right now...the other half wants to high five...

Slo
Tue Jun 12th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Ah, that makes sense. I also read on here that you are hosting a practice thing at IMI. How much does it cost and what do you need to bring?

Costs 35 bucks....its not a private day or anything....just a bunch of friends helping each other out. Should be fun times out there. PM me if you want details and have any questions?

SNAFU
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Returning member, was away for a stint. Ended up moving to Castle Pines, if anyone goes riding around the general vicinity, hit me up. I'm usually riding everyday.

Grant H.
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 03:23 PM
New member checking in.

Got into riding because of my older brother having bikes.

Went through the MSF basic course via Iron Buffalo, passed the riding test with only 3 points (I aced the U-turn box everytime in practice, rolled out once during the test), and got the nickname "Sir Speedy" for going through the test corner at 2.16 seconds (fastest in the class).

Now its on to finding a bike, riding with friends, and learning more.

diz
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 11:50 PM
New member checking in.

Got into riding because of my older brother having bikes.

Went through the MSF basic course via Iron Buffalo, passed the riding test with only 3 points (I aced the U-turn box everytime in practice, rolled out once during the test), and got the nickname "Sir Speedy" for going through the test corner at 2.16 seconds (fastest in the class).

Now its on to finding a bike, riding with friends, and learning more.

It's a bad time to buy a bike. I haven't seen that many good deals going around craigslist. I know a little bit about the older model fuel injected r6's if you need some info.

Boom
Fri Jun 15th, 2012, 08:32 AM
I love motorcycles, sportbikes especially. I'm new to the club/forum, but I've been riding a long time. I've read these forums many times to find good information (thanks for that) and I finally decided to join.

If I had my way every day would be a track day. I'm from Fort Collins and the population growth around here has soured me on road rides, though I still do them. Luckily I'll be at HPR on Monday. Hope to meet some of you there. I'll be on a white R6.

Thanks for having me,
Matt

Mother Goose
Fri Jun 15th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Welcome n00bs! :hibye:

tstevens
Fri Jun 15th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Newbie here, so I thought I would introduce myself, my name is Tyler. I am up here in good old Greeley. I am currently in the market for a bike, and have been scouring craigslist. Have a few that I am checking out this weekend so cross your fingers. I have been part of the car tuner scene for a few years, as of now I own an '05 Evo 8 which has some mods and puts down a fair amount of power for 26psi of boost. That's really about it, if you have any questions let me know! Nice to be part of the forum,
Thanks!
Tyler

SIMONSEZ23
Fri Jun 15th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Newbie here, so I thought I would introduce myself, my name is Tyler. I am up here in good old Greeley. I am currently in the market for a bike, and have been scouring craigslist. Have a few that I am checking out this weekend so cross your fingers. I have been part of the car tuner scene for a few years, as of now I own an '05 Evo 8 which has some mods and puts down a fair amount of power for 26psi of boost. That's really about it, if you have any questions let me know! Nice to be part of the forum,
Thanks!
Tyler

hey tyler welcome also you say your bike shopping if your looking around here in greeley wild west motorsports is a great place and great service i got my 07 CBR600RR from them just a place of suggestion.

AOK303
Fri Jun 15th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Half of me is really offended right now...the other half wants to high five...

Hahahaha

tstevens
Fri Jun 15th, 2012, 03:55 PM
hey tyler welcome also you say your bike shopping if your looking around here in greeley wild west motorsports is a great place and great service i got my 07 CBR600RR from them just a place of suggestion.

Actually just went over there and talked with Tony for about an hour. Great people and awesome service with a HUGE selection. He was great help and showed me what to look for. Will defintely be going back. Really looking to pick one up away from a dealer as their prices are so inflated but I am keeping them in mind, and also keeping them in mind for everything else after I get a bike, service wise of course.

SIMONSEZ23
Fri Jun 15th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Actually just went over there and talked with Tony for about an hour. Great people and awesome service with a HUGE selection. He was great help and showed me what to look for. Will defintely be going back. Really looking to pick one up away from a dealer as their prices are so inflated but I am keeping them in mind, and also keeping them in mind for everything else after I get a bike, service wise of course.

yea i met tony but dealed with brian, and yea their service is great and understand on the dealer price's. if any intrest my friend has an 06 R1 for 6500 the anniversery edition but good luck on finding and getting a bike and let me know when you get one, and will get together and ride.

tecknojoe
Fri Jun 15th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I love motorcycles, sportbikes especially. I'm new to the club/forum, but I've been riding a long time. I've read these forums many times to find good information (thanks for that) and I finally decided to join.

If I had my way every day would be a track day. I'm from Fort Collins and the population growth around here has soured me on road rides, though I still do them. Luckily I'll be at HPR on Monday. Hope to meet some of you there. I'll be on a white R6.

Thanks for having me,
Matt

a bunch of us will be there, come say what's up. i have an 04 R6, blue and black.

tstevens
Fri Jun 15th, 2012, 06:56 PM
yea i met tony but dealed with brian, and yea their service is great and understand on the dealer price's. if any intrest my friend has an 06 R1 for 6500 the anniversery edition but good luck on finding and getting a bike and let me know when you get one, and will get together and ride.

Awesome man! I will do that, I have the money so hoping this week, crossing my fingers. I'd like to stay in the 600's for now, I looked into an R1 and the 1000's but I feel like its a ton of bike even for me. I'll keep in touch, we definitley should go ride once I get mine.

SIMONSEZ23
Fri Jun 15th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Awesome man! I will do that, I have the money so hoping this week, crossing my fingers. I'd like to stay in the 600's for now, I looked into an R1 and the 1000's but I feel like its a ton of bike even for me. I'll keep in touch, we definitley should go ride once I get mine.
Yea for sure well have a good time bike shopping man.

YellowJacket
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Hey all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Nick, I'm 27, and I and this is my first season riding (Why does that sound like I'm starting at an AA meeting?).

I'm a Chicago transplant who's been living in downtown Denver for three years now. Everyone I know thinks I'm insane for getting into sport bikes, so in other words I'm looking to make some new friends :) Hopefully I will pick up some skills and good habits along the way.

I have a 02 Ninja 250 so I might be on the slower side (the bike, not me ;)), but feel free to shoot me a message if you're interested in hanging out with a greenhorn.

Thanks!
Nick

Cornfed
Mon Jun 18th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Hey all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Nick, I'm 27, and I and this is my first season riding (Why does that sound like I'm starting at an AA meeting?).

I'm a Chicago transplant who's been living in downtown Denver for three years now. Everyone I know thinks I'm insane for getting into sport bikes, so in other words I'm looking to make some new friends :) Hopefully I will pick up some skills and good habits along the way.

I have a 02 Ninja 250 so I might be on the slower side (the bike, not me ;)), but feel free to shoot me a message if you're interested in hanging out with a greenhorn.

Thanks!
Nick

So you went out, against your friends better judgement and bought a crotch rocket, organ donor, jap bike, plastic death machine. You must have some sort of death wish.
Welcome noob, there is alot of good advice and little bit of bad advice on here. I was lucky enough to have someone give me a bunch of good advice when I started riding my first suicide machine and lived through my first 10,000 miles without any broken bones. Id be happy to introduce you to the canyons when your ready.

Slo
Mon Jun 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Welcome to CSC and congrats to those with new bikes.

Y0F1R3
Mon Jun 18th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Hi all, my name is Josiah, and I am pretty sure this is my first post... :/
I have been a member for a little while, but finally bought a sweet set of wheels that I am looking to put to good use. I am riding an '82 Suzuki GS750t... and I must say, so far, I am in love.
If anyone is in the Littleton area, that is where I hail from right now, and would like to go ride, let me know!
Thanks!

AOK303
Tue Jun 19th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Wish there wad 75cc crotch rocket i could learn on

2-WHEEL JUNKIE
Tue Jun 19th, 2012, 07:11 PM
My name is David,
Just moved here from Albuquerque been riding 2 wheels(cycling/motorcycles) for ?????
I ride 08’ CBR 1k BLK/SIL, I’ve done anywhere from 140-400 miles in a day or my biggest adventure yet was a 1,200 mile trip in 4 days awesome. Haven’t ridden much the last year.
Who can I trust to do the 16k service on her? I live down the street from aurora Honda.
Thx.

mdub
Tue Jun 19th, 2012, 07:16 PM
dont go there. i bought my bike there, but their service sucks bum's nutz. I recommend fay meyers.

2-WHEEL JUNKIE
Tue Jun 19th, 2012, 07:36 PM
thank you.

Sully
Tue Jun 19th, 2012, 07:49 PM

rluper
Wed Jun 20th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Had dirtbike as a kid but new to motorcycles. Have had my blue 2008 SV650 naked for about a month or so now. Love it. Live in Colorado Springs and ride my bike almost everyday now to work and around. Will probably never want to take bike to track or anything but like to drive around and cruise through the mountains.

Goal for the distant future is to get a bicycle rack for my motorcycle just to piss of the wifey, haha.

-luper

Cornfed
Wed Jun 20th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Will probably never want to take bike to track or anything but like to drive around and cruise through the mountains.
-luper

I'm sure we can change that. :devil1:

rluper
Wed Jun 20th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I'm sure we can change that. :devil1:

Funny you say that I watched the Twist the Throttle Volume II and actually thought about the idea just to see how I could do.

AOK303
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 12:08 AM
Goal for the distant future is to get a bicycle rack for my motorcycle just to piss of the wifey, haha.

-luper

I fallowed a BMW twin that had the Bicycle rack yesterday was kinda .... attractive 2 wheels on 2 wheels Nice....

madvlad
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 05:34 AM
Tons of new people fo sho!.... wilkommen newbens!

rluper
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 09:52 AM
I fallowed a BMW twin that had the Bicycle rack yesterday was kinda .... attractive 2 wheels on 2 wheels Nice....

that's awesome.. looks funny but awesome.

Bishop
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 10:27 AM
Morning all, figured I'd stop in and say hi. I've been lurking for quite a while, reading and looking at pics and posts and such, figured it was finally time to register and say hi. My name's Ben, I live up in Fort Collins, working over the summer, full time CSU student when school's in session. I don't have an extensive riding history but everyone starts somewhere... I spent a night on a 250 dirt bike a couple years ago and I was hooked. Borrowed my friend's gsxr600 whenever he'd let me and that went on and off for like 2 years. About 2 or 3 months ago I finally bought a bike, and it's my "first" bike since I haven't owned what I've ridden in the past. Picked up an 04 R6 and I love it, I haven't crashed, and I don't plan on it. I wear some gear as well, but I don't have any leg or foot protection... yet. I'm daily driving the bike, but I have years of experience behind the wheel of a car on track, mostly at HPR. I'm looking to say Hi, maybe meet some people to ride with, go for a couple rides, etc. etc. etc.... My biggest goal is to get back to HPR or any track for that matter, this time on 2 wheels instead of 4, and I'd like to do it as soon as possible. Just need to get a set of leathers, booths and gloves.

Anyway, hi all. I'll go back to lurking around now for a while and reading / learning.

Slo
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 10:36 AM
Morning all, figured I'd stop in and say hi. I've been lurking for quite a while, reading and looking at pics and posts and such, figured it was finally time to register and say hi. My name's Ben, I live up in Fort Collins, working over the summer, full time CSU student when school's in session. I don't have an extensive riding history but everyone starts somewhere... I spent a night on a 250 dirt bike a couple years ago and I was hooked. Borrowed my friend's gsxr600 whenever he'd let me and that went on and off for like 2 years. About 2 or 3 months ago I finally bought a bike, and it's my "first" bike since I haven't owned what I've ridden in the past. Picked up an 04 R6 and I love it, I haven't crashed, and I don't plan on it. I wear some gear as well, but I don't have any leg or foot protection... yet. I'm daily driving the bike, but I have years of experience behind the wheel of a car on track, mostly at HPR. I'm looking to say Hi, maybe meet some people to ride with, go for a couple rides, etc. etc. etc.... My biggest goal is to get back to HPR or any track for that matter, this time on 2 wheels instead of 4, and I'd like to do it as soon as possible. Just need to get a set of leathers, booths and gloves.

Anyway, hi all. I'll go back to lurking around now for a while and reading / learning.

Welcome...another track addict!!! Be prepared to get a trailer/truck, something to bring the bike. There is nothing like being extremely exhausted/fatigued and trying to ride home. Or worse, crash and trying to find a way to get the bike home.

Bishop
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 10:43 AM
Welcome...another track addict!!! Be prepared to get a trailer/truck, something to bring the bike. There is nothing like being extremely exhausted/fatigued and trying to ride home. Or worse, crash and trying to find a way to get the bike home.
lol I've already thought this through partially just cause of previous experience. I have a Jeep with a hitch and I know you can get a uhaul pretty cheap for days use, haven't looked into anything or really gotten serious yet cause I don't have leathers, boots, or gloves that go past my wrist (a* ones I have now like stop just over my wrist). Once I collect gear and get ready I'll be stoked to come out. I put new tires on the bike but I think it'll need pads soon, I gotta double check. It started squeaking this morning on my way to work. Just gonna leave the bike close to as is for now, just want to get protected and hit the tarmac.. not literally lol. Figured an air filter and a PC3 to smooth things out, then just ride the christ out of it and replace consumables till I feel like changing anything else on the bike. I really really need to get the suspension set up for my weight / style though.

Slo
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 10:52 AM
I really really need to get the suspension set up for my weight / style though.

Well lucky for you, there is Dave @ STM Suspension right in your town. I would definitely argue one of the best in Colorado to get your suspension tuned for you.

LINK (http://www.stmsuspension.com/)

Bishop
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 11:02 AM
Thanks haha, I already talked to some guys at Fort Collins Motorsports who recommended him as well, just hvent had a chance to say hi because of my work schedule. Going to have tomorrow off though, planning on making some progress then on calling STM and seeing what a trailer costs to buy

EDIT: Haha, didn't realize this but the STM shop is like a 5 minute ride from my house... If that.

diz
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM
Figured an air filter and a PC3 to smooth things out, then just ride the christ out of it and replace consumables till I feel like changing anything else on the bike.

You don't actually have to change the air filter on the 2nd gen r6s. There is a racer on the r6 forum that has dyno data of the stock filters vs. aftermarket performance filters showing no gains. You can just clean the stock filter and oil it.

I've been wondering about the PC3 too. I've read that our bikes run lean from the factory. High altitude makes the bike run even leaner. I believe that makes the engine run much hotter than it normally would. Does anyone know if a PC is necessary for high altitude? I'm planning on getting one eventually but it's pretty low on my list.

Bishop
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 07:01 PM
I had really similar thoughts when I read people at sea level running at 167ish degrees... I'm almost never under 190. And thanks for the filter info, one more thing to add to the list

FZRguy
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 11:06 PM
I've been wondering about the PC3 too. I've read that our bikes run lean from the factory. High altitude makes the bike run even leaner. I believe that makes the engine run much hotter than it normally would. Does anyone know if a PC is necessary for high altitude? I'm planning on getting one eventually but it's pretty low on my list.

No, altitude makes your bike run richer (less oxygen up here). FI helps so PC not absolutely nec, but nice to have. Carbs need a rejet to run at elevation.

diz
Fri Jun 22nd, 2012, 11:14 AM
No, altitude makes your bike run richer (less oxygen up here). FI helps so PC not absolutely nec, but nice to have. Carbs need a rejet to run at elevation.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. For some reason, I thought the ecu couldn't compensate enough.

diz
Fri Jun 22nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
I had really similar thoughts when I read people at sea level running at 167ish degrees... I'm almost never under 190. And thanks for the filter info, one more thing to add to the list

Np. I believe it's normal for our bikes to run in the 220-240 range. If you use a 50/50 water/antifreeze mix, the operating temperature will be higher than with straight water with water wetter since the specific heat is lower. You don't want to use only water though because it will corrode the inside of your cooling system. I'm not sure if water wetter decreases the freezing point.

Bueller
Fri Jun 22nd, 2012, 11:47 AM
Straight distilled water will not corrode your system. Distilled water should be what you use to mix w/antifreeze. Water wetter might help it run cooler but it will not prevent freezing.

Slo
Fri Jun 22nd, 2012, 11:47 AM
EDIT - nevermind, I got ninja'd

Use distilled water, don't just use any bottled water.

diz
Fri Jun 22nd, 2012, 11:57 AM
Straight distilled water will not corrode your system. Distilled water should be what you use to mix w/antifreeze. Water wetter might help it run cooler but it will not prevent freezing.

EDIT - nevermind, I got ninja'd

Use distilled water, don't just use any bottled water.

Ah, I always use distilled water but thought you were supposed to use some type of anti-corrosion additive.

green_vaccine
Sat Jun 23rd, 2012, 12:08 PM
Hello, thought I'd introduce myself. Ive been riding dirt and street since childhood, but have been bikeless for the last 5 years. Just bought myself a k7 GSXR6 in Pril and I've been commuting and ripping canyons since.

I live downtown and work in DTC so I've already put 2000 miles on the thing.

No race leathers, or time on weekends, so I probably won't make any track days this year but I'm hopeful for next summer.

Bishop
Sun Jun 24th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Welcome, I'm new too!

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jun 24th, 2012, 12:09 AM
All new members are required to purchase a garage door opener for their bike...

I recommend a Mo-Door

www.Mo-Door.com

:lol:

RajunCajun
Mon Jun 25th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I'm not a noob here, or on a bike, but been off one for about 3 years so I feel like a noob. I've been talking smack on here for a few years but finally am a motorcycle owner again. I got an 05 R1 about a week ago and am looking forward to meeting you noobs and riding with all of you.

Slo
Mon Jun 25th, 2012, 02:26 PM
damn, welcome back!!!!

WolFeYeZ
Mon Jun 25th, 2012, 02:37 PM
No race leathers, or time on weekends, so I probably won't make any track days this year but I'm hopeful for next summer.

Welcome! It looks like most of the High Plains Raceway trackdays are on Mondays and Fridays, so that might be good for you: http://www.highplainsraceway.com/events.html

Redline
Tue Jun 26th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I hadn't heard of this site, so now that I did, I am on here! I have a 2002 954rr. Love riding at the road course, drag strip and street of course;)

Slo
Tue Jun 26th, 2012, 08:47 AM
I hadn't heard of this site, so now that I did, I am on here! I have a 2002 954rr. Love riding at the road course, drag strip and street of course;)

Very nice and welcome, which tracks have you ridden? Always good to mix it up with a little bit of everything.

UHATEIT
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 03:55 PM
Joined this forum last week. Bought my first bike in early May and took the MSF course at the end of May to get my license. Had a lot of fun riding around lately. Hoping more people in the DTC area want to meet up and do some random runs! I always see bikes meeting at the Sonic off my exit and cruising, hopefully some of you guys are on here and I can try to join in on some runs.

Here is the bike :)
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/widerisbetter/2012-06-16065451.jpg

Bueller
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
One of my favorite bikes :lol:

UHATEIT
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
One of my favorite bikes :lol:

I'm the one that got the forks off you last week :) installing next weekend and painting them black to go with the frame.

hardhitr
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
David. 09 special ed ZX14. looking for people in aurora to ride with. i can ride sane or insane, depending on the company. looking forward to some bike nights and meeting other riders. looking for some performance parts for "Pumpkin" too.

DevilsToaSt303
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 11:32 PM
I looked for local forums before I started working out of state ah' bunch. Back doing the Denver thing thx to in-town work.

Hoping to steal a few hints and tricks from the gsxr crowd and possibly a few rides once I get my 06back together. Already replaced subframe rail now attacking what's jacked in front of the sub lol. Lookout mtn. Got me!! :wtf:

Redline
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Very nice and welcome, which tracks have you ridden? Always good to mix it up with a little bit of everything.

I used to have a race GSXR750 and did IMI, PMP, High Plains, and on this bike I have only gotten around to IMI so far. Lots of fun! Love this bike.

Howcome I cannot access other parts of this forum, like the local mountain section...?

Ghosty
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 09:26 AM
I'm not a noob here, or on a bike, but been off one for about 3 years so I feel like a noob. I've been talking smack on here for a few years but finally am a motorcycle owner again. I got an 05 R1 about a week ago and am looking forward to meeting you noobs and riding with all of you.
Welcome back! You disappeared shortly after I joined, was wondering where ya went. Congrats on the new R1! I noticed tons of nice R1's on Craigs the last couple months. Is it stock? Any plans for it?

And Redline, DevilsToast, & Uhateit, welcome to CSC as well!

cody1000rr
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Been out of town, should be back around the 16th for a few days. Wondering if anyone wants to ride.I don't get weekends off so it has to be during the week

josh
Fri Jul 13th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hey Everyone,

I just moved to Colorado and joined the site. I'll meet you guys tomorrow at the group ride.

See you there,

-Josh

http://i.imgur.com/UKvaf.jpg

Shadowfire
Fri Jul 13th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Hello all, I'm Justin, Just moved here from Louisiana. Originally from CA, have been riding for about 8 or so years. Currently I ride a ZX-10R, live in Evans and can't wait to strap some new tires on the bike and head onto the roads out there in the mountains.

ColorsdoPSE
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Hey, my name is Matt, new on csc, not a new rider. Im currently on an 04 yzf-r6. Put about 1k a week on her. I just moved up to Evans from aurora so figured I would say hey and see whats up.

Cornfed
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Put about 1k a week on her.

1000 miles a week? Holy crap!

Ghosty
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 02:39 PM
1000 miles a week? Holy crap!
+1, wow! Talk about saddle-sore, lol. Especially on a crotch rocket. Welcome to CSC, all of you!

ColorsdoPSE
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 02:01 AM
+1, wow! Talk about saddle-sore, lol. Especially on a crotch rocket. Welcome to CSC, all of you!

You would think so but i actually enjoy it and don't feel that bad...
doing the devils highway here in about a week if anybody is up for it...

Mudpumper
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone! Glad to be a new member, and since I'm not real tech-savy, I'm reposting my new member post (apparently did it wrong the first time). My son (JakeFz1) turned me on to you. I've been riding 40years or so, and my daily ride is an 84 Yamaha Venture Royalle. Yah, she's old, but we're a matched set. She allows me to get around a corner pretty well and allows me to pack what I need, and is comfortable enough to keep mama happy. I run a concrete pump for Brundage-Bone, so I don't get to ride as much as I'd like. I hope to participate in some of your group rides to get some face time with you all as much as my work will allow. I also have an older Yamaha XS1100 that I want to cafe out, so it's probable that I'll be looking for some advice or parts for that.
Oh yah, my real name is Mark, but my friends call me Sparky.
Looking forward to meeting and riding with you all!
SEE YA!!

CO_Vol
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Moved here from Jacksonville, FL last month and already loving the curves. More in my neighborhood than I'd see in a month back east! Been riding about a year and a half now resulting in about 34k on my SV. I'm down in Castle Rock, seems like all the good roads are north?

FZjake719
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Hi everyone! Glad to be a new member, and since I'm not real tech-savy, I'm reposting my new member post (apparently did it wrong the first time). My son (JakeFz1) turned me on to you. I've been riding 40years or so, and my daily ride is an 84 Yamaha Venture Royalle. Yah, she's old, but we're a matched set. She allows me to get around a corner pretty well and allows me to pack what I need, and is comfortable enough to keep mama happy. I run a concrete pump for Brundage-Bone, so I don't get to ride as much as I'd like. I hope to participate in some of your group rides to get some face time with you all as much as my work will allow. I also have an older Yamaha XS1100 that I want to cafe out, so it's probable that I'll be looking for some advice or parts for that.
Oh yah, my real name is Mark, but my friends call me Sparky.
Looking forward to meeting and riding with you all!
SEE YA!!

Welcome papa!

Moved here from Jacksonville, FL last month and already loving the curves. More in my neighborhood than I'd see in a month back east! Been riding about a year and a half now resulting in about 34k on my SV. I'm down in Castle Rock, seems like all the good roads are north?

Good roads are every direction from you, really. Theres a bunch up North and northwest of you, and a bunch south and southwest too. Cant go wrong with either direction, honestly. Welcome!

Sean
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Welcome nOObs.

1. wear a helmet

2. remember, crashing sucks.

Mudpumper
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Welcome nOObs.

1. wear a helmet

2. remember, crashing sucks.

Good advice Sean! I know from personal experience the level of suckage delivered by crashing!

cody1000rr
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 10:12 AM
here in the Springs and wondering if anyone is wanting to ride during the next few days. Ill be in town till friday morning 970 250 6014

dublflush
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Wish I would of found this site sooner, looks pretty cool!
Look forward to getting more into the local scene, and meeting others that love to ride and talk bikes.
Current ride is a Honda vfr. Past bikes , Triumph R3, Bwm k100,Motto Guzi 850 lemans, Norton 850 commando, Kawisaki 900, Triumph 750 Bonneville,650 Boneville, Bmw 750rs, Yamaha RD 350.
Thanks in advance for allowing me to exploit all the excellent info on this site. Pete:bow:

nicklk
Sun Jul 22nd, 2012, 03:46 PM
My name is Nick. I was suggested to check out the site by sleev (Steve) and just getting into my first bike!

I'm looking at doing the MSF course at ACC here in the next couple of weeks, and looking at possibly getting a sv650 or something around that!

noifcustoms
Tue Jul 31st, 2012, 01:42 PM
New club member from Boulder. My name is Marc, her name is Kaminari (Japanese godess with dominion over earthquakes and heavenly noise). Of course she's an RC51

2002 RC51 SP2 (1000cc V-Twin)
PC3 USB
Akrapovic full titanium with carbon fiber cans
Looking for a road to love

noifcustoms
Tue Jul 31st, 2012, 01:44 PM
My name is Nick. I was suggested to check out the site by sleev (Steve) and just getting into my first bike!

I'm looking at doing the MSF course at ACC here in the next couple of weeks, and looking at possibly getting a sv650 or something around that!

The course is one of the most fun spending 185 you will have. I went 20 years without taking it and I learned a lot. My wife took it with no previous experience and not only aced the written but aced the riding (which I have yet to live down). The sv650 is a great starter bike, hell it's not a bad bike to keep around either! Good luck on the MSF!

UglyDogRacing
Tue Jul 31st, 2012, 02:24 PM

Next Basic Rider Course at ACC isnt until Sept 15th. If you are wanting to take it sooner, there are classes available at Red Rocks Community College, and other locations, this month - http://abate.si2.com/ABATE/TRS.nsf/Locations-BRC?OpenForm

nicklk
Tue Jul 31st, 2012, 10:05 PM
Next Basic Rider Course at ACC isnt until Sept 15th. If you are wanting to take it sooner, there are classes available at Red Rocks Community College, and other locations, this month - http://abate.si2.com/ABATE/TRS.nsf/Locations-BRC?OpenForm

Yeah, I registered for next Monday and Tuesday's course, but found out today I might not be able to do to work. I will find out tomorrow. If not, I will have to reschedule :/

OATSF14JERRY
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Finally got this figured out. Jerry here from Oklahoma. Why am I a member here? Kawasakirob is my baby boy. This is him at 5:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Hg8Uk0HVCGQ/UCB7ImuXeoI/AAAAAAAAAXk/MCDxM8I5ul4/w413-h276-n-k/scan0099.jpg

He moved to Winter Park a few years ago and I visit the area many times a year. I have always ridden sportbikes. Here is Rob on his first Ninja at 16:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-nBY3OtwDNTw/UCB7JlnRMwI/AAAAAAAAAXs/QN5ae67IWAU/w399-h276-n-k/scan0109.jpg

My wife rides behind me on trips. Here we are on our way to the Indy GP in 2008. Seven day trip with 6 days of rain:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-x4qTeT8Pnw4/UCBzkwAafaI/AAAAAAAAAWU/j_NGTl4hV2I/w327-h236-n-k/JERDIX%2BON%2BBUSA.jpg

A late photo of the boy and I atop Berthoud:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vXp0IGvK32c/UCB0x0xGusI/AAAAAAAAAXE/b3L3Nos6flM/w303-h226-n-k/ROB%2BDAD%2BAT%2BPASS.jpg

Will be doing my first track day at High Plains next year. Hope to do this like Rob some day:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-EmWnOfXm6ZY/UCBzGgWKYAI/AAAAAAAAAWM/RdzXcPcu8xc/w702-h468-p-k/ROB%2BTRACK%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Love your site. I am a massive race fan (Motogp and SBK) Take care and ride safe. I hope to make the BBQ next year.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Damn. Can't figure out the photos.

Looks like you're trying to link pics to your private, logged in account. There should be "shareable" links somewhere...

And welcome!

kawasakirob
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=OATSF14JERRY;690693]

My wife rides behind me on trips. Here we are on our way to the Indy GP in 2008. Seven day trip with 6 days of rain:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-x4qTeT8Pnw4/UCBzkwAafaI/AAAAAAAAAWU/j_NGTl4hV2I/w327-h236-n-k/JERDIX%2BON%2BBUSA.jpg

Hey dad! Yeah that was a trip. Some of the hardest rain/wind I've ridden in. The party Friday(?) night (thanks to the weather clearing up) was unforgettable...until the bikes began to get tossed in the fire:lol:
The Officers racing on 4 wheelers around a track made of bonfires, meeting some old AMA flattrack guys and the great camaraderie of fellow race fans in the campground...yep, great times despite the weather! Welcome dad, its a great site!

~Barn~
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 10:47 PM
I always figured Blake and his pops (Swademaster) were gonna be the first son & father duo on the CSC. Welcome to the club, fatherofRob. :hibye:

maktastik_jr.
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I always figured Blake and his pops (Swademaster) were gonna be the first son & father duo on the CSC. Welcome to the club, fatherofRob. :hibye:
well if you remember my dad bill, maktastikbrakegrabber, rider of the betty boop pink and purple cbr600f2, i believe that would make us the first dynamic father son duo of the club. if only he hadnt crossed over to the dark side. :vader:

nicklk
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Day 1 of MSF was hot, exhausting, and FUN! Most of the people there are inept, which kind of sucks

95 degrees all day, rode bikes from 9am-2pm. Gonna sleep well tonight

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/nicklk/IMG_3810.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/nicklk/IMG_3811.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/nicklk/IMG_3812.jpg

There were a couple hawks watching us ride too

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/nicklk/IMG_3809.jpg

~Barn~
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 11:09 PM
well if you remember my dad bill, maktastikbrakegrabber, rider of the betty boop pink and purple cbr600f2, i believe that would make us the first dynamic father son duo of the club. if only he hadnt crossed over to the dark side. :vader:

Dude, I totally remember MaktastickBillGrabber, your pops. Probably saw him about a year ago at the last CSC "Q" if I remember right.. Your Dad's a good guy... Hell, I even remember your Uncle coming on here from time to time and posting. I affectionately used to call him William Wallace, for some stupid reason. :lol:

Welcome to the CSC, WhopperJr. ;)

FZRguy
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 11:18 PM
There's some pics on here somewhere of BBQ, kart riding, mini jumping at Big Bill's. That was a while ago.

Jmetz
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Yeah that's funny. I have been wondering if you were Bills kid. There's a gif of him setting a guitar on fire from that Q around here too.

Sean
Fri Aug 10th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Day 1 of MSF was hot, exhausting, and FUN! Most of the people there are inept, which kind of sucks

95 degrees all day, rode bikes from 9am-2pm. Gonna sleep well tonight
That looks like a great time! Have fun and listen to what those guys say!!!!

jplaice
Fri Aug 10th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone. I just joined about a week ago. I met a few people down at the Walnut room on Wednesday. I have been riding on and off for about 10 years. I ride a 2006 Honda CBR600RR that has been repainted a solid orange color. I was from Colorado but I was gone for 10 years in the military. I moved back a year ago but haven't rode much so I don't know where all the good spots are. I live in Parker so anyone from the South and just anyone that's looking to ride I'm usually up for it. My name is Joel

Sully
Fri Aug 10th, 2012, 03:24 PM

diz
Fri Aug 10th, 2012, 04:15 PM

Lol, where do you think people learn to ride? I didn't even know there was both a front and rear brake when I took it.

nicklk
Fri Aug 10th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Scored 100% on both my written and riding test today at the MSF!! http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/runaway.gif

OATSF14JERRY
Fri Aug 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM
As a RiderCoach myself, Congrats. Just realize this is a beginning.

nicklk
Tue Aug 14th, 2012, 11:30 PM
As a RiderCoach myself, Congrats. Just realize this is a beginning.

Thank you! :)

kawasakirob
Wed Aug 15th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Welcome everybody!

maktastik_jr.
Wed Aug 15th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Dude, I totally remember MaktastickBillGrabber, your pops. Probably saw him about a year ago at the last CSC "Q" if I remember right.. Your Dad's a good guy... Hell, I even remember your Uncle coming on here from time to time and posting. I affectionately used to call him William Wallace, for some stupid reason. :lol:

Welcome to the CSC, WhopperJr. ;)
Thanks barn. those Qs were a blast. ill have to see if i can drag his old ass out sometime to a CSC event and reunite with all you guys. just gotta talk my boss into letting me borrow a rocket (perks of being the owners stepson) or ill be attending cage style.

Cali636
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 07:11 AM
Hey, just checking it out.

Cali

R6Phreak
Sat Aug 25th, 2012, 01:32 PM
He everyone,

Just moved to Colorado in April and finally had my R6 shipped out here. Looking forward to meeting some riding buddies and going to some meetups!

Phreak

buell
Wed Aug 29th, 2012, 08:52 AM
hey what's up everyone, just wanted to introduce myself I'm new on here my name is Jacob I ride a buell 1125r.

FZRguy
Wed Aug 29th, 2012, 01:55 PM
hey what's up everyone, just wanted to introduce myself I'm new on here my name is Jacob I ride a buell 1125r.

Sweet bike! Have you done any mods to alleviate the foot-cooker exhaust?

maktastik_jr.
Wed Aug 29th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Sweet bike! Have you done any mods to alleviate the foot-cooker exhaust?
haha things like this make you really wonder... do some bike and car manufactures even test things before they release them? (COUGH toyota COUGH)

FZRguy
Wed Aug 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I rented a 1125R for a week and really like it....other than very hot feet (esp the right one!). :fire:

Zapp.B
Thu Aug 30th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Hi Everyone! I took the MSF course last weekend and look forward to getting into riding. (Juri and Bob were my riding instructors). I am still looking for my first bike. Any recommendations or leads would be great. I want to get into a sub 500cc bike. If anyone is selling a 250 ninja or something of the like, please let me know. Thanks!

I am from Denver, now living in Boulder. Finished school, but looking to get back. Look forward to being part of the club.

DemonRider
Thu Aug 30th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Welcome ZAPP

I started on a 650R,, did OK BUT if I knew what I know now.. A 250 would have been my first, we bought my wife one and I sooooo enjoy that thing !!!!

But check this out for sure;

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47829

You will NOT regret it !!! GoodLuck :) and let us know how it goes ;)

cbinker
Tue Sep 4th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Hi guys,
My name is Chris, and I am from Rapid City, SD. I know not Colorado, but I have plans for the future of checking out the Pikes Peak Hill climb next summer. I am hoping you guys have some good information about it here.

DaytonaRider
Sun Sep 9th, 2012, 09:03 PM
My name is Alex and I ride a 2011 Triumph Daytona 675. New to the club. After two SuperStreet events I was told I NEED to join. Looking forward to some group rides.

madvlad
Sun Sep 9th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Hi guys,
My name is Chris, and I am from Rapid City, SD. I know not Colorado, but I have plans for the future of checking out the Pikes Peak Hill climb next summer. I am hoping you guys have some good information about it here.

Welcome, yea the hill climb is definitely something to check out. 4 MRA racers made great times this year with no incident! You'll see a thread popping up around next June or so.

My name is Alex and I ride a 2011 Triumph Daytona 675. New to the club. After two SuperStreet events I was told I NEED to join. Looking forward to some group rides.

Welcome dood, glad you joined. I'm the guy in the Gray Toyota pick up at HPR this past round. You doing PPIR?

Kingmacho
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Hey what's up everyone. Obviously im new the forum but wanted to drop by and introduce my self. My name is Chris and I currently have 2008 R6. A little short from stock. All I do is ride around streets and and on a nice weekend ill take it and find some some curvy roads. I do plan on taking it to Bandimere this year just to see what I can squeeze out of it. Never been down the strip before so it should be interesting. Let me know of you guys have any questions. Ill post up some pics when I get off work today.

madvlad
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Welcome, try and come out a lapping day at HPR dude. Way better than drag racing and you'll see there how your riding skills improve hardcore!

Tommy the Cat
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 11:05 AM
So I suppose I'm the FNG today. I moved to Firestone from Laramie, WY last year and I've been lurking about. I've had several street bikes since I first started riding street in 2004 but I don't consider myself very good. I'm going to be hitting IMI as much as I can this fall and see if I can't learn something. I've been thinking about acquiring a dedicated track bike as well. Anybody ever make it out there on weekdays and want to teach me how to squid?

I'm kidding about the squid part. I really want to be a proficient rider.

I've been motocrossing since the late 90s and I'm pretty good for somebody who's never had a chance to race. So I'm not motorcycle-dumb and I'm probably not giving myself enough credit but that's sorta my thing. Humble is better than obnoxious, right?

So if anybody wants to hit the canyons or track or even just motocross I'm available on week days every-other week.

I hope to meet some of you and learn some stuff.

Tom

madvlad
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Welcome, hit up Slo on here. He is at IMI a lot and has taught a lot of people a thing or two... or three to be way better riders haha

Tommy the Cat
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

On another forum I am a member of it is tradition to advise the n00bs to contact some grouchy jackwagon and tell him that they are interested in some subject that really pisses said jackwagon off. Then we grab the popcorn and enjoy the show.

I'm not sure if this is that sort of place, but I'll be your huckleberry.

madvlad
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Not with Slo per se as long as you're open minded and are willing to listen. He is a good dude and races MRA as well... and just cause you may be a noob here but not to two wheels so you're ahead there haha. Humble is good man, you know your skills but you don't let them get you over your head. I'm the same way here, been riding for 7yrs and I'm an ok rider but after being at the track for my first time ever two weeks ago, it showed me I have a lot to learn lol

wyomingpat
Thu Sep 13th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Had a Tiger Sports Cub to learn. Bought a '74 650 Bonneville in 1975 - great bike. Just bought a another Bonneville T100 - a "Thai Triumph" unfortunately - not a British one.

Great bike, lousy dealer!

preludepearl417
Fri Sep 14th, 2012, 09:00 AM
How it going people! Just trying to find some local riders in Colorado Springs. I have a flat black 07 CBR 1000RR. Find myself riding alone a lot of times so if u see me on the road say hi.

~Barn~
Fri Sep 14th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the club newies. If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Deckers, and you're already dead!

bulldog
Fri Sep 14th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Wow! :dunno:

Welcome to the club guys! Most everyone here is pretty cool and if you are into a responsible sportbike club you will find there is a lot of good information to be found on the site and people willing to help out if you take this sport serious, have the passion, and are safety oriented.

Look around and use the search feature to learn some great info. Don't be afraid to post and get to know some of us :D

preludepearl417
Fri Sep 14th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the club newies. If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Deckers, and you're already dead!

Ha. Good one.

Josh Galster
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 06:15 PM
hello.

i'm josh galster. i started racing in the MRA in 2004, then went out to CA to race for a few years. i now race in the AMA riding a 2012 Yam R6 in the Daytona Sportbike class.

cheers.

Bueller
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 08:19 PM
hello.

i'm josh galster. i started racing in the MRA in 2004, then went out to CA to race for a few years. i now race in the AMA riding a 2012 Yam R6 in the Daytona Sportbike class.

cheers.

Good to see you here. I'm sure the AMA series is awesome to race but we miss seeing you race with us!

contender
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Hi all - moved here in early July from L.A., but I am originally from West Virginia. I've been riding on the street for about ten years and had a dirtbike for a while growing up. I like curvy roads (I think I am going to miss riding Malibu) and lane splitting. And beer:drink:.

I currently have a 2001 TL1000S street fighter, a Buell Ulysses, and I just got a plated KTM 520 (540 big bore) that is going to get the supermoto treatment. I ride street exclusively but plan to eventually start taking the 'tard to the track. Looking forward to having people to ride with.

I'm near the City Park in Denver.

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Hi all - moved here in early July from L.A., but I am originally from West Virginia. I've been riding on the street for about ten years and had a dirtbike for a while growing up. I like curvy roads (I think I am going to miss riding Malibu) and lane splitting. And beer:drink:.

I currently have a 2001 TL1000S street fighter, a Buell Ulysses, and I just got a plated KTM 520 (540 big bore) that is going to get the supermoto treatment. I ride street exclusively but plan to eventually start taking the 'tard to the track. Looking forward to having people to ride with.

I'm near the City Park in Denver.
Welcome! There are plenty of roads here to help you forget Corral Canyon :D

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 02:45 PM

Nice! Gotta dig that one out again if just for the opening battle... and the quote of course. :D

Supaduka
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 07:55 PM
howdy do just moved up here about a month ago from tulsa oklahoma. looking foward to ride with some of you guys. just bought a 2008 ktm super duke took it to black hawk area. its a beast and i LOVE it!

sundaloako
Sat Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
What's going on guys? I'm Patrick from CO springs, I ride a gixxer 600

maktastik_jr.
Sat Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
welcome to the club boys!

Dannymack
Wed Sep 26th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Hey all my name is Dan. I grew up in Louisville and now live in Sherrelwood/North Denver. I've been riding for about 4 years. Currently I ride an 82 CB750F. I commute every weekday from Denver to Boulder so some of you may have come across me at some point. I'm glad I found this forum. Nice to see a bunch of good riders in one place.

Here's a few pics from a group ride last Sunday 9/23.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t28/Mrmegnum/IMG_20120923_174212.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t28/Mrmegnum/IMG_20120923_174109.jpg

ticktock4792
Wed Oct 3rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
hey hey heyyyyyy...names eric have been riding for awhile now...i currently live in miami florida and am apart of soflasporkbikes.com but made a life decision to come to colorado:cold:....fell in love with snowboarding last year and thought why not, lets move there...so ill be packing the Uhaul oct 23 and driving up to summit county area :headbang:

currently building up a 2012 gixxer 750 so i will be picking everyones brains on the different tracks in the region....

wooo

ps i like beer

ezrider
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Hello my name is Jeff.

Moved to Denver from Maui about 6 years ago and transitioned from surfing/windsurfing to skiing. Picked up skiing again after 18 years since I had last skied.

Started off riding a mini bike at 10 then on to a 125cc Harley. Rode lots of different dirt bikes (even racing a 500cc BSA at 15). Raced (cross country, flat track, motocross) on different bikes including Hodaka, Maico, Montesa, Ossa, Husqvarna, Suzuki, Kawasaki, CZ until around age 18. Got my first street bike, a Yamaha 650, in the mid seventies. I was in the in the Navy stationed in San Diego. My buddy at the time had a 650 Kawasaki. We used to ride really fast up B Street and get big air. That lasted until one night when my buddy said he looked up and saw the bottom of my Yamaha above his head. I guess that scared him because he wouldn't go back up to B street for the big air sessions any more.

Rode that Yamaha 650 from San Diego to N.C. after I discharged. Sold that that Yamaha a when I was 25 or so and didn't own a bike until last summer (2011). Looked on craigslist one Saturday in August and brought the first bike I saw, a 1995 YZ 750. Called the guy and drove down to Castle Pines. When I asked him if I could test drive he asked me if I had a motorcycle license. Ah no, I didn't know I needed one. Well I ended up leaving the bike in his garage until I got my motorcycle license 4 days later. Sold that bike to a solider in December 2011. The soldier just returned from Iraq and said someone ripped off his bike while was he there. I thought I was over motorcycles.

This past May I got the itch again and headed to my old standby, craigslist. Ended up with a 2007 Yamaha FZ1. I've ridden about 7,000 mile since this past May and lovin' every minute. I've done lots of mods to the engine and suspension. I'm into learning to ride it faster (and safer) Wait do those two go together? I like to ride the canyons and mountains, sometimes at sunset :)

I practice chiropractic in West Wash Park so I have time during the week to ride. Today I went up 285 to North Turkey Creek then over Black Mtn. I crossed under 285 to Pleasant Hill Road to Deer Creek Canyon to South Turkey Creek to 285 to Denver. First time doing that ride. It was two hours of bliss.

Look forward to connecting for some rides. Shoot me a PM when you want to rip it up. I'm glad to be a member here and really would like to see more organized rides before it gets too cold. Ride wise.

Freeheeler
Sun Oct 14th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Hi, all. Ross here. I've lived in Colorado for 18 years - 16 in Crested Butte and the past 2 in Evergreen. First bike was a 1990 EX500. Had it for 3 years before it was stolen. I didn't get another bike for a decade, when a friend sold me his 1982 VF750S (v45 Sabre). A few years later I sold it to get my current bike, a 1999 VFR800. I think I’m addicted to this bike – good ergos for an old dude, 100HP give it some get-up & go, great V4 gear-driven sound, super-reliable, blah, blah, blah. I don't know anyone in the Evergreen area who rides & am hoping to meet some riders who don't mind the more conservative pace I somehow developed, courtesy of my two young daughters! I have a funky work schedule, so please hit me up for a weekday ride.

BikesRider777
Sun Nov 4th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Hey I'm Pat and I'm new to this site, been riding motorcycles for about 2 years now. Had an SV650 when I was in my early 20's, but a friend wrecked it after about 6 months. That was about 10 years ago...

I really like to ride, and probably ride too fast sometimes. But I try and do it where I won't hurt anyone else (or myself, hopefully) if something happens.

It's the getting better and better, growing confidence, and having fun too that I love the most. I ride with my friend on a street triple most of the time, he's pretty good but I'm starting to keep up with him.

I'm always looking to ride with people that are better than me, but I enjoy riding with anyone that isn't going to judge the way I ride. I'm an adult and I've seen the ultimate consequences of this "sport" up close and personal. On the other hand, I rode with a kid on a ninja 600 a month or two ago that rode like an idiot and way beyond his skill level and he went down sure enough. I like to think I'm not like that kid...though if I ever ride with the better riders on this site then maybe I'll find out I'm wrong. Either way it'll be good for me.

Thanks for this site. It's been pretty helpful and fun too for the last month or so since I joined. See you all out there.