PDA

View Full Version : OLD New Members - Introduce yourselves here

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 09:34 PM
o yeah who going to pmp ?

Joe Cat
Mon Jul 24th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Hey everybody. I'm JoeCat. New to Colorado. Been riding a long time and I'm very much looking forward to giving these canyon roads a whirl.

When's the next ride, and where's the next get together?

I've got to meet the fine, outstanding individuals who brightened my day with the "What Are You Thinking Right Now?" posts.

Also...
I didn't know Gene, but he was obviously a great guy and a talented rider. Your tributes to him were amazing and leave me sorry I missed the chance to share the road with him. R.I.P. 502.

JoeCat.

redtech
Sun Jul 30th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Hello all. My name is Jason and I ride an 00' ZX6. I will be relocating to Colorado Springs in a couple months so I thought I would get a headstart on getting to "know" people. I've heard and read about some great riding in CO and I can't wait! Hope to meet soon. Sticky side down! Peace

busagirl
Mon Jul 31st, 2006, 08:40 AM
Welcome to all the nOOb's! :hibye:

Brizz
Mon Jul 31st, 2006, 08:49 AM
HA you said...NOOBS! er BOOBS...um...N/M

~Barn~
Mon Jul 31st, 2006, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the club, newies!
:doublefinger:

BuzzBe
Mon Jul 31st, 2006, 07:26 PM
Hi. I'm new to the site and have ridden for a year now. I've got a yellow Buell Blast (BuzzBe) and love to canyon carve. I'm nervous about meeting you all and riding because I've only been riding a year. I have friends who ride, but it's hard to get them together at the same time. I do have my boyfriend convinced to go to the Fay Myer BBQ on Sat. though. But he's out of there as soon as the "ladies" thing starts. He's a very experienced rider, but out of commission for the last 4 months. (On the job injury.) So, if I can get up the nerve, I'd like to ride along with you sometime. I'll be alone because Wulf won't ride B----. Guess that's a good thing, because he's a foot taller than me anyway.

angrypeppers
Tue Aug 1st, 2006, 10:50 PM
Hi there!

My name is Chris, and I just bought a '79 GS1000E; sold an '83 KTM495 to finance it...guess I dig older bikes! Nice to be here, and hope to meet you soon!

Chris

Zen
Tue Aug 1st, 2006, 11:50 PM
Hello All -

I'm the elusive ZEN. I've been out of touch for a few years as I was in grad school and bikeless. In an effort to get my posting numbers back up and lose the "junior member" title (that's offensive Spidey), I figured I would start here.

I look forward to riding with all of you, and some of you again.

dapper
Tue Aug 1st, 2006, 11:57 PM
Welcome!
:cheers:

bikridr69
Wed Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:36 PM
well i guess this is where im suppose to start. im new to the site. ive been riding bmx bikes since i could walk, then dirt bikes in cali and street bikes since i was 20. moved to the springs on o5. looking forward to getting to know some other riders out here and going on some rides.

Goatsie
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Greetings, I'm a relatively new sportbike rider. I have a 1994 CBR600 F2 and joined to meet other riders and eventually people to go to the track and ride with.

Mista Black
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 02:57 PM
:hibye: welcome aboard!! :up:

Zanos
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Welcome.

Hehe.. I love you Jenny... Bob did that to me one time, just returning the favor... :)

(damn zanos, you're more of a thread nazi than Bob!)

Brizz
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 03:25 PM
interesting handle...

Tiffster
Sun Aug 6th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Well guess I should introduce myself. Been lurking for a while.

I am Tiffany, new rider. I just picked up a Ninja 250 as my first bike and am taking my MSF class next weekend.

Several folks told me to check you guys out so...here I am.

Bueller
Sun Aug 6th, 2006, 06:17 PM
:lol:

DeeStylez
Sun Aug 6th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Hello all my name is Duran. Born and raised in Denver, CO now living in Aurora. I had trouble signing in through aol last week but now I just go to the Internet Explorer and I have no problem. I purchased a 03' YZF R6 8 months ago it is my first bike and I can't stay off it. So far I have about 4 months experience in riding and hopefully I would like to meet up with some of you'll and ride the town.

rforsythe
Sun Aug 6th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Welcome newbs! Looks like we'll have the beer bought for weeks! :up: :bananna:

j/k, but enjoy.

Sully
Mon Aug 7th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Welcome n00bs :hibye:

rexmora
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Hey my name is Rex :-D
Kind of new to the scene of sportsbikes but not :-X
I previously owned a Yamaha FZ1 than I sold it
I now own a 06 Suzuki GSXR 1000
Looking to make some friends and have some people to ride with

On a side note anyone make a morning drive from Denver to Boulder that would be willing to ride?

TT5.0
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Hey rexmora. Where in denver? I ride nearly every morning from Thornton to Longmont, and I also ride an 06 gsxr 1000 silver/charcoal. I've ridden damn near every backroad I could find, and I still can't find any good corners.

3/4gixxer
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 10:54 AM
I hope you're meaning on the trip to Longmont.
Hey rexmora. Where in denver? I ride nearly every morning from Thornton to Longmont, and I also ride an 06 gsxr 1000 silver/charcoal. I've ridden damn near every backroad I could find, and I still can't find any good corners.

TT5.0
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 11:31 AM
yeah, on the trip to longmont. I used to ride from Loveland to Longmont every day when I lived in Loveland, and there were at least a few good roads with some slightly twisty parts. From Denver to Longmont, it's all straights.

rexmora
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I'm actually not too far from thornton I jump on US-36 every morning I live over by US-36 and pecos than I get off on highway 157 to goto work. Let me know where your at maybe we can meet up somewhere along the way and ride, I have to go generally early in the 6am bracket so let me know.

By the way nice choice on bike I have the exact same color, IMO it was the only color that looked good this year.

TT5.0
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Wow, that's early. I leave at about 7:30 am and I avoid the highways. I take Washington from my house all the way to highway 7 and then cut over to 287. Sometimes I'll hop on the interstate from hwy 7 if I'm running late. I get off work around 4 or 5 (it varies) and then I take whatever backroad off of 287 that suits my mood at the time.

Angelblueeyes
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 02:15 PM
I have recently joined CSC. I have never posted being that I was never much of a Forum person, but since my boyfriend, whom you may all know as Desmo lives on Forums, I thought I would check it out. I recently moved up to Denver with Desmo to explore some new opportunities. I got my first bike back in Mar 2004 and got my R6 back last summer. I have not rode much at all this summer, so I really need to get out and practice. Last night I rode for the first time in forever and I felt like a freakin Virgin rider. It sucked. I think I was used to the Springs. I'm looking into getting a dirtbike, so lets cross our fingers. I think that would be a blast.

Sully
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 02:21 PM
:hibye: Hey girlie.. nice to see ya on here.. stay tuned.. I think Beotch is planning a ride this Sunday.. :) Bring Desmo along.. that's if he thinks he can keep up.. :lol:...

Angelblueeyes
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 02:28 PM
I think we are gonna go to the MRA races down in Pueblo on Sunday.... Let us know if you interested in joining us. :o)

rexmora
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah I gotta leave kind of early so I can be in work by 7:30 lately it's been 7 because I was dealing with financing and stuff with my bike. This friday it'll go back to 7:30 but I'm usally on US-36 by 6:15 or so =-/ I do get off at 4 it may be possible to meet up somewhere than and you can show me some backroads, I'll have to mapquest from here to my house without highways and see what I get....

Shortcake
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Hi Everyone!:)
I'm Jeanna! I've met some of you a few times through DK and Chadwick, I'm the crazy red head that tags along once in a while. They finally talked into joining CSC. I just started riding this summer. Took my MSF course in May and bought a Ninja 250 in June. Haven't gotten nearly as much riding time in as I would like, so I'm still ridiculously cautious on it. But definatly looking forward to getting out more.

Mother Goose
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 04:14 PM
:yay:

Devaclis
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Holy chaffing thighs Batman! That's a lot of new members!

:doublefinger:Welcome!:doublefinger:

Jenny
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Hey all you ladies, send me a pm and I'll get you access into the girls forum! :)

Lee
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Hey my name is Rex :-D
Kind of new to the scene of sportsbikes but not :-X
I previously owned a Yamaha FZ1 than I sold it
I now own a 06 Suzuki GSXR 1000
Looking to make some friends and have some people to ride with

On a side note anyone make a morning drive from Denver to Boulder that would be willing to ride?

Welcome to CSC and congratulations on owning a fine motorcycle. Great minds think alike. 8)

Lee

Mel
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Welcome to CSC and congratulations on owning a fine motorcycle. Great minds think alike. 8)

Lee

Yeah, now he can own the streets AND the race track.:devious:

Welcome to all the new members....I would warn Jeanna about the leg humpers, but being that she was brought to the dark side by DK and wicksta, she should already be used to them :D

rexmora
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah, the power of that bike has surprised me. I used to own an FZ1 before hand and learned how to ride on an R1. This bike by far feels like it has more power than both those bikes, I don't think I've even opened the throttle up all the way on that bike...On that note what octane do you recommened for this bike, I put about 1 1/2 gallons of 91 in but would like to know what is best.

Lee
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Yeah, the power of that bike has surprised me. I used to own an FZ1 before hand and learned how to ride on an R1. This bike by far feels like it has more power than both those bikes, I don't think I've even opened the throttle up all the way on that bike...On that note what octane do you recommened for this bike, I put about 1 1/2 gallons of 91 in but would like to know what is best.

My prior motorcycle was also an FZ1. And my impression of the power differential is similar to yours. After several thousand miles, I've only recently begun to feel comfortable pinning the throttle in first gear.

Gasoline is such a personal subject.

The Suzuki GSX-R1000 manual recommends 90 octane. At this altitude, you don't need 90 octane. However, it would be sad to get some low octane gasoline in it and have the engine damaged from detonation. I use 90+ octane.

Lower octane gasolines have slightly more power than higher octane gasolines, since higher octane inhibits combustion. I still use 90+ octane.

Gasolines without 10% ethanol have about 6% more power than those that do.

Personally, I buy the best gasoline I can buy. (Saving a few dollars a year on gas after having purchased an $11,000 motorcycle seems inconceivable to me.) That would mean the gasolines with the best additives. The Federal government has mandated certain additives for emission control in all gasolines. It's the other gasoline additives that are important for the health and power of your engine, the ones that reduce/prevent deposits on the back side of your intake valves and piston crowns, and the ones that keep your fuel injection system clean.

I've done a little research on gasolines. I personally use and recommend Shell V-Power (91 octane) or Chevron Premium (91 octane). I don't think you can get Chevron in the State of Colorado. Both gasolines are about the best pump gas you can buy.

My 2 cents.

Lee

P.S. Never buy gas at a gas station if a gas tanker is delivering gasoline. The dumping of fuel into the underground tanks stirs up sediment that can end up in your fuel system. I have been advised by someone in that business to wait at least 30 minutes before buying gas after delivery.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Welcome all. BTW, I like the bike choice.

rexmora
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Well as hard as it was for me to find one in the silver/black color, I see they all ended up here...Right now I am using 91 octane, as listed I do drive a TSi which requires 91 so I'm pretty used to paying that price for the gas. Nice to only have to fill 4.8 gallons instead of 10.

I've heard the amaaco (sp?) has some of the highest octane gas, it is listed at 91 but when tested it comes to be 92, don't know about additivies though, I use diamond shamrock and conoco, I'll have to see how well I like shell though on the next fill up.

One more question though, what kind of MPG am I looking at for Daily Driving the GSXR?

Mel
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 11:13 PM
MPG is gonna greatly depend on your riding style....

~Barn~
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Hi Everyone!:)
I'm Jeanna! I've met some of you a few times through DK and Chadwick, I'm the crazy red head that tags along once in a while. They finally talked into joining CSC. I just started riding this summer. Took my MSF course in May and bought a Ninja 250 in June. Haven't gotten nearly as much riding time in as I would like, so I'm still ridiculously cautious on it. But definatly looking forward to getting out more.

There goes the neighborhood!
:p

Skadi
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Kelly. I bought my 06 R6. Bluestreak and Desmo are a few of my friends along with probably quite a few others (not sure on their board names yet) which is how I heard about CSC. I've riden a long time ago but this is my first bike so it's kinda weird learning how to ride again but it's been fun so far. Hopefully it stops raining long enough for me to get out and put some miles on the bike :yumyum: I got rid of the warship on the back of the bike and I've got my frame sliders on and I'm working on getting new front turn signals that don't stick out a mile for a more sexy look :hump:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/LilHailie19/BikeMain.jpg

Lee
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 06:49 AM
One more question though, what kind of MPG am I looking at for Daily Driving the GSXR?

I can only tell you my experience.

During break-in, I got about 40-44 mpg. I performed an owner's manual strict break-in.

After break-in, I got about 38-40 mpg.

Now, at 8000+ miles, I get about 32 mpg. I've got a heavy right hand and pin the throttle whenever I can get away with it.

Lee

rexmora
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 08:10 AM
hehehe sounds good, I'm not one for pinning the throttle generally I just do the speed limit but I have my moment where I get antsi....I don't know if he break in on my bike was owner's manual break in, because I got the bike with 2200 miles on it, but I haven't opened the throttle up and I just drive it like normal so I would suspect I would do okay. One thing that does bother me is Fay Myers didn't give me an owners manual with this bike. I called them yesterday evening and said if they had an extra one they would give it to me but if not they would have to order it. I'll just have to find out...

TT5.0
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Lee,
I haven't had my gas mileage go below 40mpg yet. I guess I'm not pinning the throttle enough. I just hit 1600 miles though, and plan on switching to synthetic oil tonight.

rex,
I don't have an extra owners manual, but I do have a factory service manual for a K5 that I can give you on a disk if we meet up sometime. It has way more info than the owner's manual. If any other K5/K6 owners need a factory service manual, let me know.

konichd
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 09:21 AM
There goes the neighborhood!
:p

Shit you know it! :lol:

Jenny
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah, now he can own the streets AND the race track.:devious:

Mel, I bow to you. :D

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Lee,
I haven't had my gas mileage go below 40mpg yet. I guess I'm not pinning the throttle enough. I just hit 1600 miles though, and plan on switching to synthetic oil tonight.

rex,
I don't have an extra owners manual, but I do have a factory service manual for a K5 that I can give you on a disk if we meet up sometime. It has way more info than the owner's manual. If any other K5/K6 owners need a factory service manual, let me know.

I'm not wanting to start up another controversy on what type of oil to use...but, I was told by a service department worker at both Fay Myers and Grand Prix that some of the newer bikes with slipper clutches are experiencing problems with the use of synthetic motorcycle oil. Again, I'm not sure if this is actually the case or what, but I was hoping to get some feedback on this. Since it was brought up here, I'm just laying it out there.

Thanks.

TT5.0
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Our bikes have had problems with the slipper clutches period. I don't think it has anything to do with synthetic oil. A wave washer (little clutch spring part) from an 06 750 will fix the problem.

rexmora
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 12:29 PM
A disk would work for me, I just wanted to know a lil more info on the bike and not sound like an ass here. This morning my gas light began blinking, I went to fill up and only ended up putting in abour 2.5 gallons of gas, so is that to notify me that I'm running low and will it go solid or....

And I can meet you somewhere this weekend or something and get that disk from you, you said you live in thornton right, if you live close to that sonics between 92nd and 104th on federal we meet there on Friday I'm probably gonna go down there with a couple of friends

Desmo
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Kelly. I bought my 06 R6. Bluestreak and Desmo are a few of my friends along with probably quite a few others (not sure on their board names yet) which is how I heard about CSC. I've riden a long time ago but this is my first bike so it's kinda weird learning how to ride again but it's been fun so far. Hopefully it stops raining long enough for me to get out and put some miles on the bike :yumyum: I got rid of the warship on the back of the bike and I've got my frame sliders on and I'm working on getting new front turn signals that don't stick out a mile for a more sexy look :hump:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/LilHailie19/BikeMain.jpg

Hey Kelly.... nice to see you on CSC...
Enjoy that bike.. she looks very nice...

TT5.0
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Here, if you want, go ahead and download it(hopefully this isn't against site rules). If you don't have a high speed connection, let me know and I will get you a disk.

http://www.liquidgixx.com/gsxr1000k5servicemanual.pdf

One important note!!!! - Torque spec on rear sprocket nuts is incorrect in this manual. It should be 43.5 lb-ft. , NOT 67.5!! Ask me how I know...... Major typo in the K5 manual, you probably won't even be able to tighten them to 67.5. I tried and it nearly broke the studs.

DeeStylez
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 01:46 PM

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/LilHailie19/BikeMain.jpg Nice bike, you should let me know when your in the North end of Aurora I would like to check out your R6, I have the same bike except it is the 03'

rexmora
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Yea, I'll download that when I get home I get teh cable so I souldn't have a problem, thanks ;-)

So does the blinking gas light mean I need to fill or will it turn solid :-X

TT5.0
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Oh yeah, blinking means you have 1 gallon left. Solid means 1/4 gallon left. I haven't ridden mine long enough on reserve to turn solid yet. I would imagine you could go about 30-40 miles on the reserve before you completely run out. If you press the bottom button on the dash a few times, you will get to a reserve odometer that tells you how far you have already gone on the reserve tank. Very useful.

Just in case you don't know, you can also setup your shift light options by holding the bottom button and turning on the key, then use the top and bottom button to set options like light brightness, flashing or solid, and light rpm.

rexmora
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Nice I don't think I would've ever figured that out lol, I really should meet up with you sometime an learn all the nifty tricks to the bike. Nothing like a Yamaha I'll tell you that much....

AshliRider44
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 03:16 PM
I think we are gonna go to the MRA races down in Pueblo on Sunday.... Let us know if you interested in joining us. :o)

Thata girl :) Can't wait!

Skadi
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Hey Kelly.... nice to see you on CSC...
Enjoy that bike.. she looks very nice...

Hey buddy :) So I'm thinking when it's a nice day out and not raining I'm going to come and visit you up there. See how things are going and show off my bike lol :yumyum:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Well as hard as it was for me to find one in the silver/black color, I see they all ended up here...Right now I am using 91 octane, as listed I do drive a TSi which requires 91 so I'm pretty used to paying that price for the gas. Nice to only have to fill 4.8 gallons instead of 10.

I've heard the amaaco (sp?) has some of the highest octane gas, it is listed at 91 but when tested it comes to be 92, don't know about additivies though, I use diamond shamrock and conoco, I'll have to see how well I like shell though on the next fill up.

Here's a pic of my ugly beast that I purchased on June 30th, 2006. She now has about 1,500 miles on her.

http://f10.putfile.com/thumb/8/22210405099.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/8/22210405099.jpg&s=f10)

rexmora
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 09:24 AM
How could you call that sexy beast ugly?! I'd put it in her tailpipe :-X:drool: :hump:

Desmo
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Hey buddy :) So I'm thinking when it's a nice day out and not raining I'm going to come and visit you up there. See how things are going and show off my bike lol :yumyum:

Sounds good... just give us a call.... Jessica and I are always doing something.... so we can figure a time to all go on a ride...

Desmo
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 10:45 AM

Whoooo can I join you????

Desmo
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 10:47 AM
:hibye: Hey girlie.. nice to see ya on here.. stay tuned.. I think Beotch is planning a ride this Sunday.. :) Bring Desmo along.. that's if he thinks he can keep up.. :lol:...

Sully, you win!!! .... I think you are a nut the way you ride around this city.... My bike is only a little 955cc it cant keep up with that 600cc you got...

So, will you be going to Pueblo this weekend??

Sully
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 11:26 AM
:oops:.. who me? Are ya kidding ??? I'm sooooo mellow around town :angel:

Suki
Sat Aug 12th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Welcome Newbs!!! :hibye:

mtnsun
Sat Aug 12th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Just joined the club today. Picked up my bike (Kawasaki ZX9R) Friday and ready to get some ride time in. New to the area, moved down here from Breckenridge.. Looking forward to meeting some cool people from the club.

JJ

Hfmfic
Sun Aug 13th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Hey,

I'm new to the site, most of you might have met me when I came into town while on leave from Iraq. I'm best friends with Brizz. It was nice meeting alot of you and I look forward to meeting even more of you when I return with Brizz in tow back to the states...lol. ANyways, I hope to be moving up that way a short time after we get back. Can't wait!!

Brizz
Sun Aug 13th, 2006, 09:13 PM
It was fun having you here.. I hope that you enjoyed your self.

King Nothing
Sun Aug 13th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Doug is great.

Hfmfic
Sun Aug 13th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I had alot of fun, and can't wait to get back up there and have some more, without getting pulled over, lol.

Brizz
Sun Aug 13th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah that was stupid...Next time we will run!

Hfmfic
Sun Aug 13th, 2006, 09:37 PM
LOL.....yeah we should have but who knows what would have happened if we did.....we probably wouldn't have come back to the sandbox.....

(thinking) why didn't we run.....lol

Sully
Mon Aug 14th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Welcome mtnsun.. how long ya been riding ?

Sully
Mon Aug 14th, 2006, 02:48 PM
So what you're saying is... You're Brizz's new girlfriend ?? :think: :shock:

GixerSix
Mon Aug 14th, 2006, 10:37 PM
You probably haven't seen me around, but if you were on C-470 and heard something and thought you saw a big yellow bee that was me. I live in Highlands Ranch and have been riding under a year so still kind of new, don't do ANY tricks yet but am willing to learn the wheelie / maybe burnout while moving.

I'm always down to ride somewhere, PM me if you're need a partner.

Painzer
Mon Aug 14th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Hi, I'm Nick. I ride a 2003 Ducati 749. I'm a student a CU Boulder and I spend most my time on another nation wide bike forum :).

I ride canyons and track.

Was nice to meet a few of you this past weekend.

dapper
Mon Aug 14th, 2006, 11:00 PM
:hibye: Welcome!

bluedogok
Tue Aug 15th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I have been lurking on here awhile but just posted for the first time. I know a few of the names from ST.N and grew up with Snowman. My wife and I were up there a few weeks ago to visit him and his wife. We hauled my 2000 Triumph Sprint ST up there and they took us to some nice roads and now we are ready to move up there. He has been trying to get me to move to Colorado for 15 years.

We hope to do just that next spring/summer, we are ready to leave Texas and the heat. I am in the commercial architecture biz and my wife works for a non-profit helping with down payment assistance and accessibilty modification programs.

Nice site you have here, we hope to be up there soon.

dm_gsxr
Tue Aug 15th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Welcome all and especially bluedogok :)

Carl

mtnsun
Tue Aug 15th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I have been riding on and off for about the past 12 years. I sold my last bike (CBR track bike) because I just didn't have enough time to ride. Now at least I can just head out and ride in the mtn's when I want.

I rode about 100 miles today, peak to peak hwy, Nederland,Ward and Jamestown. The canyons were great. Clear roads with little traffic. Be warned.... If you are going to ride the peak to peak hwy they are doing construction between the entrance to Brainard lake and close to Nederland. They are spraying tar and putting pea rock on the road. Not the best traction!

JJ

monsterbird
Sun Aug 20th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Hello all. I am a newbie to this forum and sort of to riding. I bought a BMW R1200C in 2001 while still slightly medicated after a minor operation. It was a bad choice. I dropped it a few times in the parking lot as it was way too tall for me and I got unnerved. I sold it and haven't really ridden since.
Then my bf got a 2003 Ducati Monster 620ie and I realized I'd rather be driving than riding. :)
Long story short, I just purchased a '76 CB400F which is cherry red and perfect. I took it out to a parking lot a couple of times and rode it home tonight. Technically it is a supersport bike, which is why I am here.
I would love advice on riding and engine maintenance stuff- I got it partially so that I could learn mechanics as I think that will help make me a better rider.
Also, I'm in denver if anyone is interested in some short, mellow rides.

bike freak
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 06:55 PM
New Guy here and a bike freak for sure.
I have a F4i, perfect for me for now, but will see what the future holds.
I live in Centennial, but plan to move more "downtown" in the near future.
Looking forward to riding with you all and getting in on some of the fun.
Always up for a ride, assuming I can make it. PM me if you game.
See ya around.

Freak

Rampart
Sat Aug 26th, 2006, 09:36 PM
We have been around for a while but this is our first post. I ride a Ducati 999 and a custom ZX14 as well as a few other two wheelers. We live near Sedalia. We ride dual sport, off-road, long distance as well as sport bike. We ride any day of the week. Nice web site.
I ride a Ducati 999, a ZX14, some Harleys, some dual sport and lots of dirt bikes.

CuzManJ
Sun Aug 27th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Hi all, I'm new to this Forum and Colorado Springs. I just moved up up here about two weeks from Savannah, GA. I ride a 05' ZX-10. Looking foward to making some new friends and getting some rides in before the season is out............. Jay

Butterfly
Sun Aug 27th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Hi all, I'm new to this Forum and Colorado Springs. I just moved up up here about two weeks from Savannah, GA. I ride a 05' ZX-10. Looking foward to making some new friends and getting some rides in before the season is out............. Jay

Welcome Jay! Another springs guy, we're are growing!! :yay: :yay:

You should come out to the bike nite this friday! Unfortunately pg_rider and I will be out of town for labor day weekend. Perhaps we could caugh up next week :up:

Ps: What part of the springs are you at?

Zanos
Sun Aug 27th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Welcome noobs. :hump:

CuzManJ
Mon Aug 28th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Welcome Jay! Another springs guy, we're are growing!! :yay: :yay:

You should come out to the bike nite this friday! Unfortunately pg_rider and I will be out of town for labor day weekend. Perhaps we could caugh up next week :up:

Ps: What part of the springs are you at?

I'm in the broadmoor dr. area? I caught the thread that was started on it i think. Also where is the Shell that some pepole meet at on Saturday night and any other places where pepple meet at usally???

realserendipity
Mon Aug 28th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Figure I should get this out of the way. Im a newbie to the board and to riding. My boyfriend is a semi-regular on here and thought this was a good place for me to get information and meet people while Im learning to ride. His bikes had a little too much power (Hayabusa) and too much custom work (Volusia) for me so Im learning to ride on a 78 Suzuki. Im hoping to get my MSF done by the time the snow flies.

Silent Rider
Tue Aug 29th, 2006, 10:38 AM
My name is Dave, I ride a '05 CBR 1000RR titanium color.. I just moved here to Aurora from Colorado Springs, I was also formely known as Dbower5, but changed my name to something more creative. I also feel it fits me more as I am not much of a talker, more I want to just get out and ride as much as work, home life, and money will allow me! Hope to meet alot of people in or around Aurora, as I need friends here since I left all of mine back in the springs... I have already went on a ride with Sully, Gsxr snail, and Nichi. Nice ride, hope to have plenty more.
Thanks everyone

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Aug 29th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Welcome Dave...and yes, it was a decent ride. Hopefully, we can have more and maybe take em' up to the hills.

Take care.

Sully
Tue Aug 29th, 2006, 10:56 AM
:hibye:

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 29th, 2006, 12:37 PM
"i see new people....." :shock:

10bomb
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Hi all, I'm new here. I live in the san fransisco bay area. I found this site through my daughters friends friend. I've been involved in motorcycles for about 33 years. Done some racing, trackdays and some dirt. Presently I do trackdays and part time racing. I just recently got back into street riding, I had been off the street for about 3 years. I've owned many bikes, but just recently a 954 and an RC51. presently I have a Aprilia RS250 for the track and a SV650S for the street and track. I own an online parts business. www.10bomb.com (http://www.10bomb.com) I've contacted the powers that be about becomming a sponsor on this site. Once that is done I'll be offering some good deals on the site! Feel free to p.m.me about any parts. I carry more than what I have on my site.
Thanks,

Art

Zanos
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Welcome. Thanks for trying to help us save. We will try to help you get a few feet ahead.

10bomb
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Welcome. Thanks for trying to help us save. We will try to help you get a few feet ahead.

Thanks, been trying to get a hold of an adimin for the past coupke of days with no luck:banghead:

Sully
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 11:41 AM
PM sent.. you could also sponsor the CSC Calendar ! :D

Cassius32
Thu Sep 7th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Hey all, new to the colorado scene, just bought a 98 11xx honda. Pretty pumped. New to the site read through some posts figured it would be cool to meet some new people. Dirt rode for last 7 years new to the street scene.( 1 yr) I live in Arvada so hit me up if you wanna roll sometime.:hibye:

Sully
Tue Sep 12th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Welcome Cassius32 :hibye:

SheDevil
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Another newbie here. Just thought that I would say hi. I took the MSF class in May and purchased a 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R shortly after that. I have met a few of the people from this club at parties and at BW3 so I thought that I would join. I also noticed that there were several riders in the Highlands Ranch area and wanted to meet some people who ride in my neck of the woods. I make sure to get out on the road every week and I go to the track a couple of times a month with experienced riders to try to improve my riding skills. I have a 7 year-old daughter. I am a manager in the car business and I have Sundays and Mondays off. I would like to find a couple of people who have Mondays available for rides off and on. Look forward to riding with you guys and girls

Spiderman
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 12:09 AM
I have met a few of the people from this club ...at BW3Nice meeting you the other night - welcome! 8)

huevon
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I bought a 2001 Honda F4i and i am waiting on the title. This is my first sportbike and i am excited. I should get the bike in about 3 weeks. I will take the MSF course in two weeks so we will see if i get the bike or course first..who knows??

hobbies: I like to fight Muay Thai in the ring and take Close Quarter Combatives at the same time.

this is my second home www.aartofwar.com and this is the main CQC page www.hockscqc.com

have fun.. i will post pics when i get my bike! ( since you never seen a black and silver f4i before...lol )

Dizzy D
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks, been trying to get a hold of an adimin for the past coupke of days with no luck:banghead:

Check your PM

JAFO
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 07:13 PM
New member in Boulder, have 4 horses 3 dogs and 2 ducks.

DevilsTonic
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 09:20 PM
New member in Boulder, have 4 horses 3 dogs and 2 ducks.Cool, welcome! Got any motorcycles? :lol:

Fly Girl
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 08:46 PM
Hey! This is the one and only...Jenn. I was finally dragged onto this site by FlyBoy...(the husband). I hope it's as good as it sounds. :)- I've met some of you and had a blast. I don't own a bike yet, but I love to ride and plan on having one of my own.

JAFO
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 08:53 PM
MJ,
06 999S and 05 S2R

Player 2
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 09:01 PM
Hey! This is the one and only...Jenn. I was finally dragged onto this site by FlyBoy...(the husband). I hope it's as good as it sounds. :)- I've met some of you and had a blast. I don't own a bike yet, but I love to ride and plan on having one of my own.
Hope your posts make more sense than his :lol:

dapper
Mon Sep 25th, 2006, 02:06 PM
:hibye:Welcome to our newest member's!
csp740 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=2580) you're the latest to join! *pondering* I might have your business card...
:cheers:

~Barn~
Mon Sep 25th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Welcome to the club, newies. There's a $10 cover.

Knuckle Dragger
Fri Sep 29th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Just found this site cruising the web. I also belong to Snowest (a snowmobile fourm similar to this). I am new to the sport bike scene and usally like to lurk on these sites to pick up tips and such. Hoping I can get out and meet some of you as well and go on some rides, right now I just use my bike to ride to school and work. I have a 2000 Suzuki GSX-R 600, I know it is not the biggest or fanciest bike but it is what I have and enjoy. Besides biking and snowmobiling I also enjoy my three dogs and horse.

dejavu
Fri Sep 29th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Newbie Colorado native . started in 03 with an 01 ducati 900 monster. Just sold it and bought an 05 hayabusa . Still trying to figure out what to do w/ all the power . I have a couple friends that ride harleys but I keep on losing them. I live in firestone (near longmont ) and I go for a good ride at least once a week. so hit me up may be out sunday

JAFO
Fri Sep 29th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Welcome, have horses will travel !

leviathin
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I guess I should say whats up to all you guys, noob to the site, I was just poking around last night and stumbled across this site, thought I might do some networking. so I hope every one is riding well and I will see you guys around the forum.

oh and one more thing, I lost my stapler on here last night, it is a silver 93 swingline, if anybody finds it please let me know.

mtnairlover
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Welcome to all the newbies:)

Um, Leviathin?...stapler?...huh?:dunno: Ok, don't tell me we have another Flyboy here:lol:

JustSomeDude
Wed Oct 4th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Hey all! Fairly new to riding, and new to the board. I live in downtown Denver and am always looking to head out for a ride on my YZF600r. Hope to meet some of you out on the roads somtime!

-Andrew

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Oct 4th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Welcome aboard Dude.

Troma
Thu Oct 5th, 2006, 12:10 PM
I am new here, just moved from the seattle area, looking forward to rides and recreation! I do lake kayaking, exercise, electrical background, dogs and cats and a sit down barley pop is nice, no riding after of course but a barley pop and a football game is always good, and I have a 100inch projector screen, going to upgraded to hdtv soon, still does 480p which makes for a nice picture and thx 7.1 system. bikes, football and beer! : :)

leviathin
Thu Oct 5th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I think somone is trying to buy our love.....damn, that always works on me sometimes

Mel
Thu Oct 5th, 2006, 05:24 PM
I am new here, just moved from the seattle area, looking forward to rides and recreation! I do lake kayaking, exercise, electrical background, dogs and cats and a sit down barley pop is nice, no riding after of course but a barley pop and a football game is always good, and I have a 100inch projector screen, going to upgraded to hdtv soon, still does 480p which makes for a nice picture and thx 7.1 system. bikes, football and beer! : :)

And you are throwing a party when? :D

Troma
Thu Oct 5th, 2006, 07:36 PM
anytime, working this week, wont be at home monday night! Go Donkeys!!err Broncos!

seven
Thu Oct 5th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Hi all, another newbie here. I've been lurking for a while, so I thought it was time to introduce myself. I've only been riding since July, but I love it and wish I had started sooner. I've met some of you at BW3 and Fox and Hound in Westminster, and look forward to meeting more of you! I try and get out as often as I can, so if anyone in the area (North metro) wants to ride, let me know.

-Sheri

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Oct 5th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Welcome

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Welcome n00bs..... Nice seeing you again Sheri :hibye:..

Let's ride beeetches ! :D

Brizz
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 09:40 AM
NOOBS! Damn this club has gone to shit!...Oh well at least BEER is free.

Tink
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Im RE-Introducing myself, because there's a lot of people here now that I don't know....

So, hi... nice to meet you... Im Tonee or Tink whichever you prefer.... Pet names to be established by those who love me and who are special. :D

SheDevil
Sat Oct 7th, 2006, 01:29 PM

Where did you live in Seattle? I went to University of Washington and lived in Bellevue. Beautiful country up there...... when it's sunny.

stonefilly
Sat Oct 7th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Hey all!
My name is Shelby, I ride a Suzuki GS500F (desperately want something bigger). I ride with a motorcycle club from work but thought that I would branch out a bit more. I know some people here from a while back, before I had a bike (Hi Suki!!!).
So, yeah, that's about it for now. :)

salsashark
Sat Oct 7th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Welcome NOOBs

and welcome back Tink...

and Welcome Back Carter! :music:

Oh... and now for the obligatory :doublefinger: - the official welcome of the CSC!

Troma
Sun Oct 8th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Where did you live in Seattle? I went to University of Washington and lived in Bellevue. Beautiful country up there...... when it's sunny.

far from there, I lived near bell town , dont know if ya been there, great place, interesting to say the least, I have yet to find Salmon anywhere as fresh as there. Been to Maine and the seafood is outstanding there-lobster, very good in key west as well-oysters and dolphin fish, and good in vera cruz mexico-shrimp:siesta: , sorry folks, the best seafood is in coastal cities......

Brizz
Sun Oct 8th, 2006, 09:55 AM
This club is spreadin faster than a whores vagina.:)

$pOiLeD_rOoKiE
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Hello all....Name is Joel, but usually go by Joey. I'm a n00b to the whole sport/art of riding as well as the area. I moved here about a year ago and just bought my first bike about a month ago, so I was looking for people that live in the Springs area to ride with on the weekends. I ride a '03 Super Hawk VTR1000F. I know it's not quite a Ducati, BMW, or Busa but it's good enough for me right now. That's all for now and I am sure that you all will get to know me in time, if I'm nott too much of a n00b...lol

Kendo
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Introducing myself..... been hanging out on the board on and off but never really said HELLO ..... so here it is....

"Hello ALL"

:)

Sully
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Hey Look everyone.. it's the Asian Chuck Norris... :hibye:...

Kendo
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 10:11 AM
:lol: :hump:

Sully
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 10:26 AM
He move lika da Ninja do... he karate chopa yo head.... hassanCHOP !

BONZAIIIII ! :lol:....

Kendo
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 10:29 AM
"He was Kung Fu Fighting and he was fast like lightning..."

Remember that song.....

mclarke
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Welcome peoples... So who wants to :hump:

Sully
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 10:40 AM
"He was Kung Fu Fighting and he was fast like lightning..."

Remember that song.....

OMG... YESSSSSS !!! Everybody was KunFU fighting... :music:

oh Lord.. help me please..

suzinpink
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 10:48 AM
wow... can people be welcoming or what??? (ahhh hummmm)
hey new-bs! welcome!

Suki
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Hey all!
My name is Shelby, I ride a Suzuki GS500F (desperately want something bigger). I ride with a motorcycle club from work but thought that I would branch out a bit more. I know some people here from a while back, before I had a bike (Hi Suki!!!).
So, yeah, that's about it for now. :)

SHELBY!!!! my mini skirt partner in crime!!!

lol, miss seeing you around girl, and i told you to get a 600!!! :lol:

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 11:06 AM
OMG... YESSSSSS !!! Everybody was KunFU fighting... :music:

oh Lord.. help me please..

Rember the Geico gecko singin it, lol
My son had that stuck in his head forever, Good times good times

Oh yeah HI ALL

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Introducing myself..... been hanging out on the board on and off but never really said HELLO ..... so here it is....

"Hello ALL"

Errrr....6 months down the road and 200+ posts later?

:yay:

Kendo
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 11:32 AM
yeah.... I like to take my time..... =)

Sully
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 02:35 PM
:turtle:

will-t
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Hey, been lurking for a bit but thought I'd be
all official and throw in a welcome post. Damn n00b to the site (about a month), riding (just under 3000 miles in the saddle since May), and for the most part Colorado (been here just under a year).

Anyway, hi.

$pOiLeD_rOoKiE
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 07:54 PM
from one n00b to another, welcome....I don't even know if I am in yet either.....lol

stonefilly
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 04:40 PM
SHELBY!!!! my mini skirt partner in crime!!!

lol, miss seeing you around girl, and i told you to get a 600!!! :lol:

Ahh yes...the mini-skirt days! Wasn't that a blast?!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Welcome all.

Great place to hang out and learn, teach, make some new friends, talk shit, talk politics, talk street, talk dirt, schedule rides for fun, rides for charity, and events/parties/gatherings, post for bikes your looking for because you like them or cause you lost em, network resources and ideas, or network for employment, post some cool vid or jokes, get slammed and slam others....and a whole lot more!

Once again...welcome.

reddeth
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Hmm, missed this thread to begin with, sorry.

At any rate, glad to be here, I'm down in the SW corner of Denver, down in Littleton. Now I just gotta get my GSX-R running again

Mel
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Welcome. There are a couple people in the SW littleton area and a couple in the western HR area. Where in littleton are you?

stonefilly
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I'm off of Kipling and C470...

Mel
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I'm off of Kipling and C470...

awww, shit, does that mean suki's people are invading this end of town now too?

stonefilly
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 08:46 PM
I was living on this side of town way before Suki was!

reddeth
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Bout 7 miles north of 470, off Broadway.

Near Broadway and Ridge if anyone knows that road.

Rampart
Mon Oct 16th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Glad to have you aboard. My office is near C470 and Lucent. Home is west of Sedalia on hwy 67. Lots of great riding south.
Rampart
ZX14, Ducati 999, others

albinohickey
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 01:16 PM
Hi :)

64BonnieLass
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 01:54 PM
Hey this is Terri, I am also in Littleton closer to downtown Littleton. I know some of you guys. Although after about 10 beers and a ton of jello shots (Mel) on Saturday night, I am still totally screwed up on people's real names vs. posting names and who I actually met and who I haven't yet. Baby steps I guess. I will soon be getting a totally rebuilt 64 Triumph Bonneville - assuming it doesn't take them ANOTHER 3 weeks to install a bloody battery. But am also looking for another bike to play on so as to not scratch up the classic - hopefully with training wheels (lol) Any luck on your (ex) wife Bob?

chriskat1100
Fri Nov 10th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Hi all I am a colorado'n.. now removed :( now I live in the wast land none as wyoming yes I miss home bad.. I am from Lakewood then moved to glenwood springs I lived there up untell 04 when we moved here. if any one wants to storm sturgis let me know there are a lot of us sport bikers up here and sturgis is only 1 1/2 hr from here .

Mel
Fri Nov 10th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Hey this is Terri, I am also in Littleton closer to downtown Littleton. I know some of you guys. Although after about 10 beers and a ton of jello shots (Mel) on Saturday night, I am still totally screwed up on people's real names vs. posting names and who I actually met and who I haven't yet. Baby steps I guess.

:spit: I hadn't noticed that you posted this. You said you loved my jello! :cry:
BTW, congrats on the new twofiddy, lets go play!

~Barn~
Sat Nov 11th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the club newies. Please be aware of daily specials.

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Nov 13th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Hi all I am a colorado'n.. now removed :( now I live in the wast land none as wyoming yes I miss home bad.. I am from Lakewood then moved to glenwood springs I lived there up untell 04 when we moved here. if any one wants to storm sturgis let me know there are a lot of us sport bikers up here and sturgis is only 1 1/2 hr from here .

Welcome Noobs, I'm still a newbie here too

ghostrider_9
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Hi, I am newb to the board and Colorado. I won't bore you with all the boring details. I look forward to riding around the area. Anyone have any suggestions on good local shops and/or places to avoid?

denverbusa
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 09:51 PM
G-9, In you other post you mentioned you were from So-Cal. What part? I spent about 10 years around L.A. and San Diego. Didn't do any track days out there but did ride the pipeline from Huntington Beach to Hollywood for two years on my VFR and we both survived that. I only got seriously into the sport side of it in the last 5 ~ 6 years out here.

Check out the Marketplace / Shop experiences for negatives but I'll give a very big thumbs up to Faster Motosports on 8th west of I-25, good shop, good people.

As far as where... "Go West young man," find a map and the more curves the better. Unfortuneately this time of year isn't the best but just wait, the Sun will come back and warm up all those roads nicely but be careful as the sand tends to stick around a little longer than the snow. My suggestion (weather pending) meet us at the Conoco Station at C-470 and Morrison road Saturdays and Sundays about 10:00 is the usual depart time but it varies this time of year. Come down early for a cup of joe and introduce yourself, 2 to 20 is the average head count, if you are the only one then there's no planned ride on that day:banghead: .

Welcome to Colorado!
Now go Home.... j/k

ten31
Sat Nov 25th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I am going to be relocating to Fort Collins from Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, 12-2-06. My name is Fernando. Sadly my motorcycle will remain in Florida until March sometime. However I definitely want to meet people, even if it is for a cup of coffee. Email me if you would like at irunfromcops@gmail.com Just so nobody freaks out, I am leaving a career in Law Enforcement in South Florida, hence the email address. Play on words thing.

A little background, I'm 26 years old. I have spent the last 7.5 years working for the Broward Sheriff's Office in Fort Lauderdale. Decided it was time for a change. That is me and my bike in my signature. She is a 2006 GSX-R 1000 purchased in june and she now has 10000 miles on her. I don't stunt or do crazy things. Im out to first of all enjoy the change of environment and maybe just maybe scrape the edges of the tires just a wee bit.

My biggest question? When can we start riding regularly, temperature wise?

EDIT: She is my 3rd bike. I have been riding daily for 3 years after an extended hiatus from anything with two wheels. In the last 3 years I have logged nearly 24000 miles on my bikes. Im saying all of this just to attempt to establish the type of rider I am. __________________
Look forward to meeting some of you.

Sincerely,

Fernando

wulf
Sat Nov 25th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Fernando,

Welcome

Buy long john's and ride most of the year like the rest of us do. Pay attention to sand and cold pavement.

It was 74 at one point this week. 45 yesterday. but it was nice again today.

If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes.

ten31
Sun Nov 26th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Fernando,

Welcome

Buy long john's and ride most of the year like the rest of us do. Pay attention to sand and cold pavement.

It was 74 at one point this week. 45 yesterday. but it was nice again today.

If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes.

Long johns? Any particular kind?

ChefQ
Sun Nov 26th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Welcome to CO. I am new to this site as well. If you are not moving your bike here till March you may not even need long undies. It does snow then quite a bit but it also hits 60s by noon most days. As far as what brand, just get something comfy. What part of town will you live?

Bueller
Sun Nov 26th, 2006, 09:57 AM
ten31 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=2673)

Posts: 16 Rating: 0% (0) (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/sr_classifieds.php?do=user&userid=2673)

pauliep
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Hey, my name is Paul. I'm coming from the central IL area. Started ridding in the Socal area and miss those roads there. I'm moving to Aurora next week and looking for some people in the area to ride with and show me the roads (twistys).

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Welcome aboard all....Quite a few of us in the Aurora area, shouldn't be a problem finding someone to ride with.

pauliep
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 09:10 AM
as soon as I get some new tires I'll be out there. Being between moves doesn't allow too much time and money to get tires right away. Are the shops there good? I have a friend that works at a Harely shop here and can get them put on free of labor costs

Mel
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 11:24 AM
as soon as I get some new tires I'll be out there. Being between moves doesn't allow too much time and money to get tires right away. Are the shops there good? I have a friend that works at a Harely shop here and can get them put on free of labor costs

Go buy your tires at Performance Cycle and get them mounted by Kim-n-Dean on the board, or take the bike down to like TK Motorsports.

pauliep
Thu Nov 30th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Go buy your tires at Performance Cycle and get them mounted by Kim-n-Dean on the board, or take the bike down to like TK Motorsports.

how are their prices compared to mawonline.com?

Sully
Thu Nov 30th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Performance is less (at least on tires)... and no shipping costs $

Messina748
Sat Dec 9th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I just joined a couple days ago and picked up a '99 Ducati 748 about 2 weeks ago. I live on the westside of Denver (federal and evans area). If anyone's close by and wants to ride, shoot me an email.

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat Dec 9th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Welcome

dchd1130
Tue Dec 12th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Whats up everyone. FNG here. Ive been riding for about 7 years now. Im looking forward to getting to know everyone and to some good riding.

Devaclis
Tue Dec 12th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Welcome a board - hahaha a 'board" Have fun Freakin' New Guy :)

pauliep
Tue Dec 12th, 2006, 05:16 PM
moving to where from where?

Carlsbad
Thu Dec 28th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Howdy folks - I joined here a few yrs ago - but never really posted - I 'prolly ride my bicycle more miles per year than the 929 (I'm way into bicycling/working out & climbing) which I sold in the fall - but want to get back into more motorcycle riding next summer - and will be getting an 07 R1 once ice climbing season & backcountry snowboarding stops and the snow/weather is condusive to riding.

I learned to ride a clutch motorcycle when I was 9 yrs old - a KZ100 - and somehow lived through that 1st summer on it. I've done a cople of track days (WTF happened to 2nd creek?) but not as many as I would have liked. I consider myself a fairly responsible rider but obviously like to go fast or I wouldn't be into rice-rockets.

For me the GSX is fugly - 'specially the '07s w/ that horrific exhaust. Also, the '07 Kaw ZX10 seems to have lost an ugly fight all IMHO of course :) I liked the 929 plenty, but think the R1s are cooler looking along w/ the performance/motor features for '07 and want a change from Honda.

Decisons... for the 07 R1 - do I get red or blue? - leaning toward red. I know I hardly need an aftermarket exhaust - but the Akrapovic is pretty cool looking and would help make up for lost HP (due to altitude). Maybe Graves? I don't want to spend a fotune either.

yadda yadda yadda I look forward to seeing some of you folks this spring

Carl

pauliep
Thu Dec 28th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Howdy folks - I joined here a few yrs ago - but never really posted - I 'prolly ride my bicycle more miles per year than the 929 (I'm way into bicycling/working out & climbing) which I sold in the fall - but want to get back into more motorcycle riding next summer - and will be getting an 07 R1 once ice climbing season & backcountry snowboarding stops and the snow/weather is condusive to riding.

I learned to ride a clutch motorcycle when I was 9 yrs old - a KZ100 - and somehow lived through that 1st summer on it. I've done a cople of track days (WTF happened to 2nd creek?) but not as many as I would have liked. I consider myself a fairly responsible rider but obviously like to go fast or I wouldn't be into rice-rockets.

For me the GSX is fugly - 'specially the '07s w/ that horrific exhaust. Also, the '07 Kaw ZX10 seems to have lost an ugly fight all IMHO of course :) I liked the 929 plenty, but think the R1s are cooler looking along w/ the performance/motor features for '07 and want a change from Honda.

Decisons... for the 07 R1 - do I get red or blue? - leaning toward red. I know I hardly need an aftermarket exhaust - but the Akrapovic is pretty cool looking and would help make up for lost HP (due to altitude). Maybe Graves? I don't want to spend a fotune either.

yadda yadda yadda I look forward to seeing some of you folks this spring

Carl

so what's your opinion on the bush administration?

Carlsbad
Thu Dec 28th, 2006, 10:20 PM
" so what's your opinion on the bush administration?"

.... um "extremely loathe" would probably be an understatement

how about you?

pauliep
Thu Dec 28th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I'm just busting your balls, welcome and I'd go with the blue. (IMHO)

pauliep
Thu Dec 28th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I didn't really develope an opinion on bush since I'm in the service that can answer his direct call

Carlsbad
Thu Dec 28th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Nice - I totally missed that one - lol :) (doh!)

I need to get to the sto (ebonics for store) to check out the colors 1st hand

pauliep
Thu Dec 28th, 2006, 10:28 PM
red seems more femine to me and blue is numba 1 stunna

nossliw
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 12:41 PM
:drink:New to the forum also, been apart of www.r1-forum.com for quite awhile now, looking forward to rides this summer with this club, I see beevis also joined a while back, good to see some one here i kinda know bro.

pauliep
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 12:46 PM
welcome, where ya at?

Toner
Sun Jan 7th, 2007, 03:00 PM
New to the forum. Been scoping it out for a bit but finally posting to say hello :up: I live in CO Springs and ride a VFR 800. Looking forward to some bike nights and group rides once this damn snow burns off! Bring on the spring time!

chrismcdiddy
Wed Jan 10th, 2007, 06:53 PM
just found this forum, glad there is one for us in co. ive been looking for some people to ride with this summer.

chrismcdiddy
Wed Jan 10th, 2007, 07:19 PM
did my pic post?

N1KSS1KS1x
Wed Jan 10th, 2007, 08:21 PM
WELCOME!
I see no pic
I'm lookin to find some folks to ride with come summer. The ways things have been going I fear I wont be riding as early as last year cause of the weather.

chrismcdiddy
Thu Jan 11th, 2007, 01:18 PM
maybe it wont last much longer. hope for an early spring.

Fly Girl
Wed Jan 17th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I've been on this forum for awhile, but don't usually say much. I decided I need to say more. I'm going to start riding more myself. I'm going to convince the hubby to let me ride his precious baby...the purple and pink. We're going to have some fun.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Jan 17th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I've been on this forum for awhile, but don't usually say much. I decided I need to say more. I'm going to start riding more myself. I'm going to convince the hubby to let me ride his precious baby...the purple and pink. We're going to have some fun.

You're speaking of his bike or....?

:hump:

Fly Girl
Wed Jan 17th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Yes, unfortunately it's his bike. I don't have one of my one yet. We just bought another one so I'm hoping to steal his once in awhile.

JAFO
Wed Jan 17th, 2007, 10:22 PM
F this snow and cold !

Knuckle Dragger
Wed Jan 24th, 2007, 07:12 AM
F this snow and cold !

I second that but sometimes FIDO

PinaColadaJT
Sat Jan 27th, 2007, 04:10 PM
What going on everybody, I just joined and I can not wait till summer. I have been riding my whole life and am not currently riding a custom 2006 GSX-R 750. Hit me up and let me know when and where everybody meets.

Joel
pinacoladajt@msn.com
myspace.com/hotadrenaline

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sat Jan 27th, 2007, 05:48 PM
The Conoco station in Morrison...just west of C470 and Morrison Rd. Usually peeps meet in the morning on the weekends and decide their route. All types of experience levels.

Mel
Sat Jan 27th, 2007, 08:13 PM
The Conoco station in Morrison...just west of C470 and Morrison Rd. Usually peeps meet in the morning on the weekends and decide their route. All types of experience levels.

ha! Or, if you value your life, your bike, and your license, just keep an eye on the boards, get a feel for people, and start making new friends to ride with in small groups ;)

BTW, checked out your pics Pina Colada...that is the paint scheme (well, the stock one) I was kinda eyeing...but the new 07 matte black is sexy...if only it came in something larger than a 600.:banghead:
A grip of people on here have myspace pages too, with a lil more detail than what the CSC contains (like pics of craziness)...mine is myspace.com/purpgixxerchic. Welcome to the insanity!

PinaColadaJT
Sun Jan 28th, 2007, 09:36 PM
ha! Or, if you value your life, your bike, and your license, just keep an eye on the boards, get a feel for people, and start making new friends to ride with in small groups ;)

BTW, checked out your pics Pina Colada...that is the paint scheme (well, the stock one) I was kinda eyeing...but the new 07 matte black is sexy...if only it came in something larger than a 600.:banghead:
A grip of people on here have myspace pages too, with a lil more detail than what the CSC contains (like pics of craziness)...mine is myspace.com/purpgixxerchic. Welcome to the insanity!

Alright I sent you a friend request and I have been riding since i could touch the ground on a 50. I have had 5 croch rockets but Im not too crazy. That paint sceme you are talking about is nice but im going 2 be painting mine soon. im thinking paint all the burgundy to red and the funny thing is everybody will think its a 600. Or just all black im not sure but all of my gear is bright red so idk.

Mel
Sun Jan 28th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Alright I sent you a friend request and I have been riding since i could touch the ground on a 50. I have had 5 croch rockets but Im not too crazy. That paint sceme you are talking about is nice but im going 2 be painting mine soon. im thinking paint all the burgundy to red and the funny thing is everybody will think its a 600. Or just all black im not sure but all of my gear is bright red so idk.

5 bikes? What happened to all of them? And why you worried about people thinking it is a 600? ;)

Nick_Ninja
Sun Jan 28th, 2007, 09:59 PM
WTF CARES?

relucas
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Hey there all...new to the forum and relatively new to riding. Got me an old Interceptor last year and having a blast. I probably met some of you at Kim and Dean's Halloween party (cool party Kim and Dean, thank you!) and I'm looking forward to meeting some more of you soon.

Sully
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 10:43 AM
mmm... Halloween party.... :drool:.... What was your costume Relucas ?

And btw... Welcome :hibye:

relucas
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Hey Sully!

I was the guy in plain hospital scrubs. My buddies were some girl "patients" and Bob the Mad Old Sawbones. Who were you?

Sully
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 11:23 AM
hmm.. I don't remember you.. sorry :(

I was the guy dressed up like a girl.... :D

relucas
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Cool...:lol:

Anybody still get together for brews and such here in the off-season? I live just a few minutes away from Caldonia's.

Sully
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 11:42 AM
People may be at Breckenridge Brewery downtown on Wed. night for the CSC Girls Calendar signing..

relucas
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks Sully, I'll check it out.

Mel
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 01:30 PM
What? You go to the halloween party, and just now join the boards? I am gonna have to dig out the pics from Halloween now....

relucas
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Hey, when we went to that party I was so wasted I didn't even know anybody there but Dean was a rider! I only put two and two together surfing for some bike clubs over the weekend. Happy to be here, though. I thought you guys were all pretty cool. Here's a photo of me at the party...I'm the hospital scrubs guy sitting down. :) http://rankeddomains.com/photos/albums/BigJHalloween/normal_Halloween05.JPG (javascript:;)

Who were you?

Mel
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 02:23 PM
hehe, this discussion is not about me...it was about who you were...carry on. :angel:

Sully
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 02:36 PM
LOL ! :lol:... so how did you end up at the party again ???

relucas
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 02:39 PM
The mad doctor is my uncle...he is a friend of Dean's. The zombie looking gal he's holding is his wife. And the girl with the balloons in her gown was my date. :)

Mel
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 02:40 PM
And you were so wasted you didn't know anyone else rode besides Dean? The guy in the Honda racing shirt behind you didn't even tip you off? :lol:

Sully
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 02:41 PM
ohhh... :wtf:.. it's all coming together now... :lol:

Did you find out what your date was in the hospital for ? Balloon job ? :boobies:

relucas
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah, people talking about the technical details of their bikes out on the patio should have let me know I was at a club get-together. I was pretty zoned, though, trying to coordinate breathing and sitting down at the same time. I remember walking slow laps around the house and chugging bottled water just to straighten out a bit. We took off relatively early and went for breakfast. After I dropped off my date I thought of coming back, but I went home and crashed instead. Catch you at the next one, I guess. :)

~Barn~
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Dude, you should have taken that date home, and *then* went to bed.
:hump:

Welcome to the club though. All the newies...

Sully
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 03:03 PM
:lol:.. cuz it's WWBD... :hump:.. :boobies:

Mel
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 03:24 PM
:lol:.. cuz it's WWBD... :hump:.. :boobies:

Isn't it more like who wouldn't barn do?

Sully
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 03:26 PM
:shocked: :spit:

~Barn~
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Yes, yes it is. Let's start the list off with:

1.) Anybody who would be symbolized by Rosie O'Donnell, by their friend.

Next.

Mel
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 03:55 PM

Next.

Just because I have a double chin is no reason to make fun of my weight problem!!! I'M NOT FAT I'M BIG BONED DAMNIT!!
That, and I am only lesbian on days that end in Y....or when alcohol is present.

~Barn~
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Keep talking like that, and you'll be off the list faster than you can say "Etheridge".

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 05:43 PM
:spit:

You're fired!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 09:04 PM

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193/GSXRSNAIL/ftards.jpg

Sully
Tue Jan 30th, 2007, 09:25 AM

Next.

HEY !! I wasn't even the one who said it ... gah.. you're so mean Shrek... besides.. that dumb Bitch isn't my friend anymore... :321:..... LOL

~Barn~
Tue Jan 30th, 2007, 09:27 AM
I never said you were the one Sully, it was Dana who did that to Mel.

Double your dosage, will ya!

Sully
Tue Jan 30th, 2007, 09:53 AM
DOhhhhh... ok... :slap:... back to the pills for me then.. lol

Devaclis
Tue Jan 30th, 2007, 09:57 AM
What did I do teo Mel? I was at work the whole time. You can't prove a damn thing.

Suki
Tue Jan 30th, 2007, 10:05 AM
so who's new to the club?

Sully
Tue Jan 30th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Who just grabbed my ass ???

wulf
Tue Jan 30th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Who just grabbed my ass ???

Errm, sorry i thought it was Barn's

Sully
Tue Jan 30th, 2007, 02:16 PM
:wtf:... :lol:... :spit:

R6NV
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 04:05 PM
Hi Guys,

New the the forum, looks like a good group. I'm up in the mountains (New Castle/Glenwood Springs).

Riding an 06 R6 (stock for now). Started out on a Kawasaki 250 back in 97 and missed it so much over the years decided to get back into it last year.

pauliep
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 04:06 PM
Hi Guys,

New the the forum, looks like a good group. I'm up in the mountains (New Castle/Glenwood Springs).

Riding an 06 R6 (stock for now). Started out on a Kawasaki 250 back in 97 and missed it so much over the years decided to get back into it last year.

Welcome

M-18Taser
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 04:56 PM
Welcome all board newbies!

I was a board newbie once... now I am a peirced member! :hump:

dillinger09
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 02:26 PM
Hello all,

Just moved to Denver about a month ago from Virginia (just in time for a pretty wicked winter i see). Fortunately i snowboard so the snow isn't bothering me. Had to sell my bike (track only '03 636 w/ way too many goodies to list...........i miss her) to move here so I'm on the hunt and looking forward to meeting up with some fellow riders

Sully
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 02:36 PM
Welcome... at least the snowboarding here is kick ass.. :hump:

Jose
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:56 AM
hello. new member here. lets see. my names jose, i live in aurora. and i dont have a bike. im planning on getting one this summer(after the divorce, you know how that goes). i currently own a civic and a ridgeline. anyway, ive been going through this site and it seems as though its filled with some down to earth members. thanks for the good reads and an entertaining site.

~Barn~
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:26 AM
Welcome to the club, newies. There's a $5 cover after 10:00.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:28 PM
Welcome newbs!

elbromisto
Sun Feb 4th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I'm basically a newbie. I've been a member for a long time but don't usually post. Now that the weather hates motocycles I have more time...

Bat
Sun Feb 4th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Hi Guys,

Sweet - someone to overwhelm with our delightful selves when we do our weekender to Glenwood Springs this summer! :yay: ;) Welcome former 250 rider from a current 250 rider. :)

VOID
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Hey Guys I've been a member for a while but I don't post much. You could say I lurk.
I live down in Platteville and would love to hook up for a ride or two soon.
My GF is also learning to ride this year so I'm really excited for that too.

I hope to see everyone out on the road!

-VOID

R6NV
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Sweet - someone to overwhelm with our delightful selves when we do our weekender to Glenwood Springs this summer! :yay: ;) Welcome former 250 rider from a current 250 rider. :)

If you can ride on ice come on up!

cdbouncer
Tue Feb 13th, 2007, 08:56 AM
:yay: got a bike, takin' a class and quite possibly learning how to be that badass I've always thought I was .... oh wait...yea that's not true but I do have a bike and it's apparently on for this year! :shocked: Wish me luck, life and no road rash!!!!