PDA

View Full Version : OLD New Members - Introduce yourselves here

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Brat
Sat Jun 9th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Hi I am older member but I have not posted in a few years cause I sold my bike and couldn't be tempteted by another bike by posting on this site.

But I'm back;

I am a born again NEWBIE; its been 2 years since my last post and I feel ashamed.

Here it is:
My name is Kane I have ridden with quite a few of you. I bought another bike after two years a Ducati 996 and I am ready to ride again....whew!!! I feel better. :hump:

\nice bike welcome back, and hello to everyone. :D

lightning126zp
Sat Jun 9th, 2007, 08:02 PM
\nice bike welcome back, and hello to everyone. :D
Hello to you too Brat :D

FortitudoX
Sun Jun 10th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Hey guys hows it going? I finally found a sportbike messege board! Hah I've been looking for one for awhile now. Anyways, I ride with a few others around Boulder (Well the canyons around boulder). We've been seeing a lot of other bikes out there too so we were looking for a way to get in touch. Anyways my friend rides a blue 636 and I ride a black 636 or a gold ZX6 (We usually ride togeather, a few others come and go). If anyones looking to ride give us a shout, or we'll post when we'll be cruising. We're fairly advance riders, but we keep it as safe as possible and usually ride in off peak times.

Well met,

Dave

eg bter
Sun Jun 10th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Welcome...When I pick up another bike I will let you know when we go riding. L8r

FortitudoX
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Sweet sounds goood. Sorry to hear about the wreck.

daemon
Tue Jun 12th, 2007, 12:00 AM
we have a ride going on in loveland on saturday.
look in the norther section for the post .....or PM me.

dsmxsteve
Tue Jun 12th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Ha... My friend was right... there is a local sportbike Forum.. :) Anyway.. I'm Steve, 29 and ride a '01 R6. glad to see there is a local board!

Slo
Tue Jun 12th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Welcome to CSC!!!!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Jun 12th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Welcome aboard Steve.

AshliRider44
Tue Jun 12th, 2007, 11:29 AM
:hibye: welcome!

rybo
Tue Jun 12th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Hey Steve.....moved your post to our "Introduce yourselves here" thread.

Welcome aboard, hope to see you out riding soon.

Scott

dsmxsteve
Tue Jun 12th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the move.. i wasnt aware of the newb sticky :)

~Barn~
Tue Jun 12th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Welcome to the club, newies. :cheers:

edj
Tue Jun 12th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I just rejoined the cosportbikeclub after many years. Looks quite different.

I am hoping to find fellow Colorado 2stroke sportbikers to ride with. I ride a 1986 RG500 and my wife rides a 1988 TZR250. We have other 2stroke sportbikes but they mostly collect dust or await parts (another RG500 and an 83 NS250R). I live in Nederland and work at home, so riding good roads is always convenient. We regularly ride the various loops that center on Nederland... Peak to Peak, 72, Golden gate, lefthand, 7, and mt evans area. The twistier the better.

ALSO, some of you (4strokers too) might enjoy the account of our recent four days riding in and around Athens Greece...
http://edj.net/erik/RidingWithRigas
... where there is ZERO traffic enforcement for motorcycles. Lane splitting at WOT in top gear is expected. Wheeling away to 200kph in front of a handful of cops from a toll gate you ducked gets you a smile. Makes America seem a fascist dictatorship. Despite our cops, I greatly appreciate Colorado after Greece. We have relatively wonderful pavement, virtually empty roads, and some of the best twisties anywhere. The cops in Colorado can be avoided, the slippery pavement and mindboggling traffic in Greece is hard to avoid. But after riding with a pack of 2strokes, it made me long for the same thing here in Colorado where the smell of motul is lacking.

Drop me a note if you are 2 stroking near or through Nederland. (or if you feel trapped in a 4stroke world... I run gammalist and rgforsale pages and could maybe help you find one)

myyamahabluebyyou
Tue Jun 12th, 2007, 10:38 PM
My name is Ron and I ride a Yamaha FZ1.:shocked:

flash gordon
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Hello Gang,

I'm 26 and out of school for the summer. I work from home so I have a lot of free time to go riding. I'm not the fastest through the twisties and I try not to pass on double yellows, and I don't do blind turns fast.

So anyway, I am always up for a ride. Here is my contact info (http://portfolio.modernmusicians.com/). Feel free to call me or email me.

Cheers
Josh
Yamaha 07 R1 (Blue....the fast color)

flash gordon
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 12:25 AM
I'm interested as well!

Josh

FortitudoX
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I talked to Daemon about it and plan on meeting him up there. Flash if you're from around boulder I'de be up to meet yah and ride to loveland with you.

ChefQ
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Akira is coming to get you.

flash gordon
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the offer bro, but I think I have have to to pass on the meet at 9:30 sharp with an hour ride to get there. Maybe next time. I'll start trying to get my but out of bed at a decent hour. But if you are in Boulder too, maybe we could still meet up sometime.

Cheers guys and SAFE RIDING!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 04:51 AM
My name is Ron and I ride a Yamaha FZ1.:shocked:

Nice to meet ya Ron...what's your email address if we wanted to get in touch with you?

Sortarican
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Good to hear from fellow riders trying to keep the blue fog from fading out.

I've got a '74 RD350 cafe project that's almost complete.
Also, Rick (rlb454) out on the west slope has an RD that's jsut about done too.

We'll all have to do a mosquitto fogging run together sometime this summer.
(Help protect the public from that nasty west nile virus.):)

edj
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Where are you located?

I originally learned about this club like 4-5 years ago from a 2stroker we met on squaw pass... Kenny with some RD400s... don't know if he is still around (he called me sometime later desperate for money and a good home for his bikes... so maybe he sold out). I also saw back then that Gary Pagan with RG500 down by castlerock was on the club roster... but don't know if he is in these forums.

There must be more 2strokers hiding in woodworks here in Colorado... but I almost never see them, not even RZ350 anymore. I ran across a guy last year on a beautifully restored RZ500 (RD if you prefer) at the gas station here in Ned... but lost track of him. And I know of another RG in Grand Junction... but I think he lost his cranks in the mail or some such horror.
All the other Colorado 2strokers owners I've known have moved away.

FortitudoX
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Aww riding > sleep!! But yah I'm in Boulder behind table mesa shopping center. Pretty much ride everyday I can, so feel free to page me if yah want to cruise. Going to be riding tomorrow morning 11-noonish as well.

flash gordon
Thu Jun 14th, 2007, 12:50 PM
PM sent.

bandit750
Thu Jun 14th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Hi my name is Evan. I am new to the CSC. I love to ride. I have a Suzuki Bandit. I hope to make some new riding buddies on this site.

lightning126zp
Thu Jun 14th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Nice to meet ya Ron...what's your email address if we wanted to get in touch with you?
My.name.is.Ron.and.I.ride@Yamaha.FZ1 :D

R1rider
Thu Jun 14th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Hey everyone, thought I would join up considering im an active rider around the area. I see alot of organized rides and events so thought it may be cool to join up. I have about 20,000 miles under me and have been riding since about 2001. Hope to get on the road with some of you guys soon!

#1Townie
Thu Jun 14th, 2007, 11:34 PM
welcome buddy... you know any other riders from town????

firegixx600
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 05:18 AM
another R1? How am I supposed to keep up in the straights? Welcome to the site, just keep an eye out for rides on Sat & Sun. They are usually posted a couple day ahead of time if not earlier

lightning126zp
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Hey everyone, thought I would join up considering im an active rider around the area. I see alot of organized rides and events so thought it may be cool to join up. I have about 20,000 miles under me and have been riding since about 2001. Hope to get on the road with some of you guys soon!
Cool! Welcome to the site :up: Where in Foutain are you? You in Carson?

Kenn

rybo
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 08:22 AM

Welcome....I simply moved your post to the new member introduction thread.

Hope you enjoy the club!

Scott

lightning126zp
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Welcome....I simply moved your post to the new member introduction thread.

Hope you enjoy the club!

Scott
You're a busy man, moving and deleling stuff, eh? Good work Scott :up:

derek.cy
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 03:51 PM
The name is Derek. I ride an '03 R1, been in denver since 99. Previously owned 00 gsxr 600 (1st sport bike). They were both purchased new. I am now in the market for a ducati, my girl wants something that is comfy.. I will probably keep the R1.

FortitudoX
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Hey brotha,

It was good riding with yah today, yah looked good in the turns. I'll give yah a call when I/we get out there again.

Dave

myyamahabluebyyou
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 11:33 PM

My email address is kamakaziblue@hotmail.com

myyamahabluebyyou
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 11:38 PM
My previous bike was a 2004 Kawasaki Meanstreak 1600

Brat
Sat Jun 16th, 2007, 12:00 AM
another R1? How am I supposed to keep up in the straights? Welcome to the site, just keep an eye out for rides on Sat & Sun. They are usually posted a couple day ahead of time if not earlier

well after you catch up from the twisties fire, you can go up to 65 maybe even yes..... 70mph and catch up if we park...... :siesta: j/k...

welcome new people alot of good rides happen often and good riders too, with good info to share if you want it. :) keep the shiny side up eh!
Brat:turtle:

splicer
Sat Jun 16th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Hi, my name is Rob and I have been an alcoholic for the last 5 years. Looking forward to the 12 step program… All kidding aside, I moved to Colorado in January from Upstate NY. I learn about CSC from the CSC member I have met at IMI. I ride a 05 Kawasaki 636.

Clovis
Sat Jun 16th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Whoa, whoa whoa! Don't tell me you bought an 07 R1 for your first bike! Only those with a death wish do that!! :crazy:

Or so I was told ;)

-Clov

UltimateDiesel
Sat Jun 16th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum, not new to motorcycles. I've been riding dirt bikes for few years and got out of it and made my way into diesel performance. I am the owner and operator of Ultimate Diesel Performance here in Northern Colorado. We do everything from simple air intakes to twin turbos and dual injection pumps. I have some of the best prices around!

Recently I bought a 2004 R6 to give me something to do for the summers on my free time. I was informed by my brother(Aracheon) about a group ride up to Estas this morning, so I rode along with him and got to meet a few of you on the trip. Great Ride. Glad we were able to out run the weather.

Hope to get to know a lot of you here and along with that, meet up in the future at events.

Aracheon
Sat Jun 16th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Obligatory picture of said R6:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j208/aracheon/2001%20F4i/IMG_1224.jpg

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sat Jun 16th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Welcome aboard UD! I have a buddy that might come and see you. He's big into diesel performance and not sure if he's aware of your place. I'll send him your way.

Very nice pic...except it's missing the nicest of them all. Where's the "Zuki?

twissted
Sat Jun 16th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Welcome, I just went to your site, looks nice. I may have to hit you up when I buy my new truck. My work truck is a '06 LBZ with Edge Attitude and I absolutely LOVE it. I love to suprise the shit out of ricers from stoplight to stoplight. Torque owns them!:D If you guys get together for a ride hit me up, I would love to go. I just moved here from KC where they have Oxygen! I live in brighton by the way. Here are my rides.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/twissted998/LSBusa1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/twissted998/DSC00079.jpg

UltimateDiesel
Sat Jun 16th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Good Looking Bikes! I'm sure I can help you out with anything you need for your Duramax! Were not to far from ya!

InlineSIX24
Sat Jun 16th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Welcome onboard

daemon
Sat Jun 16th, 2007, 08:10 PM
good running with you today.
hope you had a fun time.
slow and all

flash gordon
Sun Jun 17th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Hey brotha,

It was good riding with yah today, yah looked good in the turns. I'll give yah a call when I/we get out there again.

Dave
Thanks bro! Had a blast as well. I hope your trip went well today. I was thinking about going...long story with the woman thing.....she ended up moving across the country as a very last minute decision and just took off. Told ya the gurl was too much....nutz.

Yea man feel free to call anytime you want to ride! (or go downtown)

Whoa, whoa whoa! Don't tell me you bought an 07 R1 for your first bike! Only those with a death wish do that!! :crazy:

Or so I was told ;)

-Clov
No....not first bike.

FortitudoX
Sun Jun 17th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Sweet, yah it was a good ride! Met some good people, and had a good time.

I feel yah bro I tell yah I think all women are nutz! Well atleast most of em =p

We're deff going to ride Tuesday around 10 again(If yah want to set aside time). But I'll call yah on monday for sure.

Dave

Slo
Mon Jun 18th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Hey Rob, it's about time man!!! Welcome to CSC.

flash gordon
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time. Maybe next year, I'll be able to meet up again. Though if you do want to do the downtown thing sometime, let me know.....of course without my bike....see below....

Hello everyone,

On the June 17/18 at night, my Yamaha 07 R1 bike (and cover) was stolen from my apartment in Boulder. Please keep an eye out for it. The fender eliminator is probably the most distinguishing characteristic. Please call the police if you see it.

Thank you.
Josh

leviathin
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 01:09 PM
whats the license plate number and vin#, that way we can identify if it is yours, kinda common color to be just calling for every new R1, that sucks man i hope you get it back in good shape

flash gordon
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks for your concern. However, I would expect the license plate to be gone. Ain't nobody going to steal it and then keep the license plate on.

Unless they thieves fix it, you can look for 2 very distinct characteristics:

1) On the left side on the rear faring on the underside there is a small nick about 1/3 inch long.

2) On the right side, the swing arm has a couple of light scratches on it.

JAFO
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I live in Boulder where was it taken from?

flash gordon
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 11:29 PM
30th and Iris

twissted
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Man that sucks, I hope they find it and find it in one piece!

:guns:Thieves

amaank
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 02:06 AM
Hi everyone,

My name is Amaan and as the title states i am noob. I'm not fat though... i'm actually a pretty slender guy, though i do say so myself. :)

I am a fat noob in the sense that i am new to this forum and new to sportbikes.... new as in, i started riding a few weeks ago. Anyway, a lot of the threads i see in the regional sections are lots of tough, hardcore, horizon-tilting, thrill seeking riders itching to rip sh*t up.

At the expense of sounding like a great big pussy......cat, i would like to ask:

Is it common to have gatherings where there is a group of sport-bikes just cruising around the city areas.. at speed limit? And possibly grabbing lunch somewhere and then cruising some more?

Just seems like fun to be riding sedately in a big group without shaking hands with death. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/amaank/dontknow.gif

Thanks for the space, and i hope to meet some of you soon. :up:

Bueller
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 05:48 AM
Would we have to come to Erie or can you ride out of the city limits? You know highway and all.
Come hang out with the other phat peeps at the Colfax Shell, actually the meeting spot is the BK Lounge across the parking lot. You can get a chicken sangwich.

Devaclis
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 07:36 AM
^^ Mang, since you got dose twice pipes you have become mean.

McVaaahhh
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 08:19 AM
Not a lot of city based rides, but we do have noob rides in the canyons on occasion.

You are always welcome to come join us on Saturdays and/or Sundays at the Morrison conoco at 9am. The rides will usually roll at a decent clip but if you just tell the ride leader that you're a newb and are riding slow we'll make sure there's a sweeper with you. I'm almost always there on Sunday, I'll hang with you if you want and keep a slow pace.

If you just want to cruise on your bike in LoDo with your lid strapped to the tail "for the ladies", this probably isn't the group to hook up with and most will just call you a squid. :squid:

However, if you want to really learn how to ride that thing, there are some badasses on this board that can show you a thing or two.

Spy007
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 09:45 AM
Hi all!

My name is Corey, and im gonna be movin out to Colorado from Portland Oregon at the end of the month. Gonna be out in the Highlands Ranch area for a couple months and then probably the south Aurora area since im hoping to get a job out in the DTC area.

Little background...
Im 28 years old... I like candle light dinners and road head... oh wait, wrong forum. I have an 06 R1 which is actually my first bike and have been riding it since May 06. In fact its the first time ive ever been on 2 wheels. Oddly enough it hasnt killed me yet so that must say something. Im actually a pretty good rider however and ride within my limits. My best friend and brother from another mother actually taught me how to ride (after taking the BRT class out here prior to purchasing the bike) and he has been riding for over 20 years. Ive ridden on the track out at PIR and absolutely loved it so I plan on doing more trackdays or whatever when I figure out the local tracks a bit more. I wear full leathers whenever I go out on a ride unless its just a quick ride down the street or somewhere and then I wear leg armor, titanium threaded jeans and leather jacket (always a helmet of course)... so i dress for the crash. Oh... and you wont find chicken strips on my tires... no way!

email is coreyzw@gmail.com

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 09:52 AM
Welcome Cory. So, you're moving out here without a job?

Spy007
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks!

Yeah, no job as of yet... haha. Im actually gonna be doing some part time work with my dad (who im stayin with for a couple months till I get on my feet) so I should be ok... but ill be hittin the resume trail hard when I get there..

mclarke
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 10:03 AM
Welcome Cory!

So what field are you in? A lot of us have connections all around or know of job openings before they hit the "market"

Spy007
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks!

Computer nerd... :-D

Actually I do network admin stuff right now for Prudential NW Properties. We have apx 30 branches with about 20 of them on dedicated frames and the rest on remote VPN's. Work mostly with AD in a 2003 server environment with Exchange 2003 servers as well.

mclarke
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 10:58 AM
Lots of those on here, i'm one of them.

Make sure when looking to check out jobing.com, monster, and even craigslist. Lots of jobs popup through there.

Slo
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 11:32 AM
Is it common to have gatherings where there is a group of sport-bikes just cruising around the city areas.. at speed limit? And possibly grabbing lunch somewhere and then cruising some more?

Just seems like fun to be riding sedately in a big group without shaking hands with death. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/amaank/dontknow.gif

Hey Amman, welcome to the CSC forums!!!! First off, you do have the right attitude about riding in the city within speed limits and such so hats off you to man. If I ever venture out with my friends for lunch within the city, I will hit you up.

crash inc.
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 01:23 PM
Hello, Name is Alex ... I currently reside in Minnesota, but was just down canyon carving on the R1 with my fiancee for a week -- we've decided that MN is too cold, too flat and the drivers SUCK, so we're looking to move to either the Denver area (doubtful, with the emissions and noise laws) or Colorado Springs.

I wish we would have found this forum last week, when we were down there -- it would have been a lot more fun actually meeting up with locals for some good twisties, insteading of google mapping them, and then playing keep-up with the locals when we ran across them.

cdbouncer
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 01:29 PM
welcome Crash! Take it from an ex-MN frozen person.... CO is the place! Twisties in the summertime and snowboarding in the winter! Woot!

What part of MN?

Suki
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 01:32 PM
yeah, we're reaching what? 98 degrees? too damn hot for this porcelain goddess to be outside!

:lol:

welcome newbies!

crash inc.
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 01:34 PM
Twin Cities: Hopkins. Lived in Cottage Grove and Minneapolis for a while...

About a decade ago, I tried New Mexico, too much dust and desert for my taste and liking! Colorado definitely looks to be right where it's at! Especially with all the tech jobs I'm seeing down there!

Only thing that sucked was seeing a guy life-flighted from US40/I70 as we were on our way towards Hot Sulphur Springs...

EPICMOTOSPORTS
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 01:51 PM
We are a new shop here in longmont and just trying to get our name out there. this weekend is our grand opening!! It is the 22nd and 23rd
22nd from 10am-7pm
23rd from 9am-6pm
we will have a big sale and food and on the 23rd we will have a dyno here if you would like to see how much power your bike is making.
if you have any questions contact mike or kevin @ (303) 485 1858

amaank
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 01:59 PM
Would we have to come to Erie or can you ride out of the city limits? You know highway and all.

No you wouldn't have to come to Erie, i can come to you. :)

If you just want to cruise on your bike in LoDo with your lid strapped to the tail "for the ladies", this probably isn't the group to hook up with and most will just call you a squid. :squid:

However, if you want to really learn how to ride that thing, there are some badasses on this board that can show you a thing or two.

Noooo i can't be condemned as a squid already... i just started riding! lol. My lid is usually found on my head... not sure what it would be doing on the back seat. :)

Thanks for the invitation, but really i'm just trying to familiarize myself with the machine. Maybe in the future i'll tag along.

Hey Amman, welcome to the CSC forums!!!! First off, you do have the right attitude about riding in the city within speed limits and such so hats off you to man. If I ever venture out with my friends for lunch within the city, I will hit you up.

Thanks for the welcome, man. I would absolutely love to come with you if you guys are just taking it easy. I'm not trying to sound like a squid, but i am new and am genuinely afraid of going fast on a motorbike.

leviathin
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 03:04 PM
well if you anna hang out on thursdays, you can join us on bike nights, around 6pm till 10pm, wide array of bikes and talent, you could probably hook up some city riders. well the bike nights are in fort collins at motohaus, check the northen region for info

McVaaahhh
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 03:26 PM
Noooo i can't be condemned as a squid already... i just started riding! lol. My lid is usually found on my head... not sure what it would be doing on the back seat. :)

Thanks for the invitation, but really i'm just trying to familiarize myself with the machine. Maybe in the future i'll tag along.

You definitely have the right attitude for a newb, so learn as much as you can and come join a ride. :up:

ChaiOnKaw
Mon Jun 25th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Hi, my name is Rob and I have been an alcoholic for the last 5 years. Looking forward to the 12 step program… All kidding aside, I moved to Colorado in January from Upstate NY. I learn about CSC from the CSC member I have met at IMI. I ride a 05 Kawasaki 636.
WOOHOO!! Another NYer!!! Yay!! Got Borscht??? :bananna:Welcome!Welcome!Wecome!

Brat
Wed Jun 27th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Hello, Name is Alex ... I currently reside in Minnesota, but was just down canyon carving on the R1 with my fiancee for a week -- we've decided that MN is too cold, too flat and the drivers SUCK, so we're looking to move to either the Denver area (doubtful, with the emissions and noise laws) or Colorado Springs.
I wish we would have found this forum last week, when we were down there -- it would have been a lot more fun actually meeting up with locals for some good twisties, insteading of google mapping them, and then playing keep-up with the locals when we ran across them.

hello welcome eh, next time your down here check the southern forums for the springs. we have bike night every friday at 7pm. good people good chit chat.
tls eh..? nice i am saving my pennies for a tlr.. see you all new people around. :D
Brat

busa1982
Thu Jun 28th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Whats up, my name is brandon. Just moved back from tx and glad to be back.:banghead:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Jun 28th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Whats up, my name is brandon. Just moved back from tx and glad to be back.:banghead:

Welcome aboard Brandon. Good to see you made it. A few others on here just moved from the Texas and Oklahoma area.

Welcome to the rest of the newbs too.

lightning126zp
Thu Jun 28th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Do you have a blue one? Were you installing your slider at IMI last weekend?

busa1982
Thu Jun 28th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Welcome aboard Brandon. Good to see you made it. A few others on here just moved from the Texas and Oklahoma area.

Welcome to the rest of the newbs too.

good meeting u randy. thanks for the site info.

Brat
Thu Jun 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
herro all :D

UnoMOTO
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Hello,

After jumping in often and see what you guys are up to, I thought it was time that get to know some you. Over the passed few years I have lost touch with all of the guys I would ride with. I'll just blame that on getting married for now. Anyway Its about time that I find some regular guys to ride with. I will also do my best to contribute something positive to this here web site.

Brian

Aracheon
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Very nice arsenal of bikes, btw. Welcome!

Northglenn, huh? I've probably seen you out at one point or another. I'm usually riding with my buddy on his black 636 if I'm in that neighborhood.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Join the gang :D

http://bardchuckwagon.com/images/Wranglers.gif

UnoMOTO
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah...I would expect to have seen many of you out and about before. I need to get some clean pics of the bikes to put it with the face. Then when we are out I can say hay.

Sully
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Hey Nick_Ninja, isn't that a picture of the He Haw Sportbike club ?

UnoMOTO
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Flying W wranglers? Partner!

Slo
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the club.....good introduction of yourself.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Hey Nick_Ninja, isn't that a picture of the He Haw Sportbike club ?

They are known for their two-step through turn one :D

UnoMOTO
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Welcome to the club.....good introduction of yourself.

Thanks. Is that IMI in your sig? I work about 1 mile from there but sadly have never put the bike on the track.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Welcome aboard Uno...You're not alone, I've never made it to IMI yet either. Hopefully someday soon.

Slo
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Yes it is IMI....I'm usually there on the weekends.

UnoMOTO
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Welcome aboard Uno...You're not alone, I've never made it to IMI yet either. Hopefully someday soon.

It's like people that live in Arizona that haven't been to the Grand Canyon.

Yes it is IMI....I'm usually there on the weekends.

With the way things go for me It might be my wife that gets up there before I do. She did the Femmoto weekend last october in vegas and now has a thing for getting out on the track.:roll:

swademaster
Sat Jun 30th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Where about in Northglenn are you? I'm in Fox Run near 112th and York. Maybe you've seen me around.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/swademaster/Picture019-1.jpg

duckphreak
Sat Jun 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Hi everyone! :) I'm originally from Cali (also a member of BARF for some of you who might be in that forum) and been in the Springs for 2yrs but I didn't know about this forum until now. Anyways, hopefully I'll make it out to some of the club events and get to meet some of you.

sylas
Sun Jul 1st, 2007, 12:06 AM
Hi There!

I've been riding since I was four years old and Fay Meyers (the man, not some dealer lackey) showed up at our house with a brand new Z50 and helped me get comfortable on it.

Since then it's been a steady string of street bikes, a dirt bike, and my beloved ATC's. I took some time away after I got married and had kids, but now I'm back in the saddle after about six years.

FTW :headbang:

van-man82
Sun Jul 1st, 2007, 01:44 AM
Hello club... The only person that knows me here is Brizz and now his brother JAY.... Somewhat!!!! Well chat with you all later and I'm sure I'll end up meeting some of you members...

Brat
Sun Jul 1st, 2007, 06:20 PM
hello

UnoMOTO
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:31 AM
WOW...I'm at 112th and larson. How I have not seen you is beyond me. I would have noticed you on that unique bike, Very nice! I have the black limited edition 03 R1 with the red flames. My wife also rides a 04 R6. I will keep an eye out for you in the hood now.

Ricky
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:39 PM
Hello everyone! I've been browsing around the past few days and figured I'd finally register and introduce myself.

My name is Ricky, and I've been riding motorcycles throughout my life, but not at all on the street. I purchased a 2007 Kawi Ninja 250 of my own about 3 weeks ago, so I'm technically a noobie on the road. Just took the bike in for the 500 mile checkup this morning, and I'm looking forward to riding with everyone here :)

Sully
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
Congrats on the new bike... did you take the MSF course yet ?

WELCOME to the club.. :hibye:

Ricky
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:11 PM
I sure did. Picked the bike up on June 11th, and took the MSF course the following weekend. 100% legal :)

lightning126zp
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
Welcome and good job on the MSF!

Kendo
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:21 PM
Welcome ... even though you told me to lighten up..... LOL ....

sorry but I get offended when a derogatory term is used to reference Japanese ...since I am Japanese....

But welcome.....and congrats on the MSF course

Ricky
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:40 PM

sorry but I get offended when a derogatory term is used to reference Japanese ...since I am Japanese....

Hahaha, well I'm glad to see you have a sense of humor about it :) I really do make a killer appetizer called jap dip (yes, jalapenos). No harm intended! Besides, I don't own a vehicle that isn't japanese made! lol

Sully
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:41 PM

WHAT ? :shocked: You're Japanese ??... wtf.... We all know that Japanese can't ski !@#% :lol:

UnoMOTO
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:54 AM
I am a noob to this forum like yourself. Although I am not a noob to riding so I say welcome to you also.

Kendo
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:12 AM
WHAT ? :shocked: You're Japanese ??... wtf.... We all know that Japanese can't ski !@#% :lol:

You should see me ride a motorcycle.... :lol:

Sully
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:30 AM
well... I've been waiting to see this .... uh huh.... riiiiiight.... :p

Kendo
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:49 AM
well... I've been waiting to see this .... uh huh.... riiiiiight.... :p

HA !!! let just say that I ride like I skii ..... :lol: thats why I always ride in the back..... HA !!

Slo
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:04 PM
Did you ever live in Japan? I was raised there until I was 10..... Mejiro, Tokyo

Oh yeah, welcome to CSC.....

Devaclis
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:08 PM
I am also a newb to the street and this board. Welcome and good deal on taking the MSF. I am also Japanese, by insertion. 18/M/HR

Kendo
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:09 PM
WOW ...very cool.......

I try to at least go once a year..... i speak fluently and my parents are first generation.... and I still have my dual citizenship .... =)

Kendo
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:10 PM
I am also a newb to the street and this board. Welcome and good deal on taking the MSF. I am also Japanese, by insertion. 18/M/HR

:lol: BAH !!! your killing me

Devaclis
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
:) Jun, you still have that sweet yellow and black beauty?

Kendo
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
I sure do ... =)

Ricky
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:16 PM
WOW ...very cool.......

I try to at least go once a year..... i speak fluently and my parents are first generation.... and I still have my dual citizenship .... =)

Wait a sec... I have a good friend from Japan and he has about 4 years left before he can become a citizen. He told me that Japan doesn't allow dual citizenship, and that once he becomes a citizen here, he loses his japanese citizenship. Not true?

~Barn~
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Welcome to da club. Thursday night is Ladie's Night.

Kendo
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:21 PM
Wait a sec... I have a good friend from Japan and he has about 4 years left before he can become a citizen. He told me that Japan doesn't allow dual citizenship, and that once he becomes a citizen here, he loses his japanese citizenship. Not true?

I was grandfathered in ..... they keep telling me that I have to decide but it is not required.... My situation is a little different though, my parents are still here on a green card and have been for 42 years..... things may change for me when they go back to Japan....

Slo
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
Jun? That's your name? Hmmmmm from Golden, did you have an FD (RX7) or a 240?

Kendo
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Actually its Junichi .... but

I think I know who you are talking about though.... LOL ...

Jmetz
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:50 PM
This guys got squid written all over him!!

Ricky
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:54 PM
This guys got squid written all over him!!
lmao, squid. I wouldn't know how to act without my helmet and gear on.

How about you make your way back to JEWpiter! ;)

Wow, you've been here for awhile. Longer than the UN, huh?

Jmetz
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah.. Back since pretty much the start. Lots of good info and stuff for you to pick up on here.

Oh yeah and welcome to it! :D You'll have to let me rail the twofitty sometime.

Ricky
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
Hell yeah, and it gets me away from unnet for a bit. Although, right now, I'm trolling both...

Suki
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
welcome to the club newbie. and dont believe kendo, he's just another chuck norris wanna be haponese!

Ricky
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:56 PM
welcome to the club newbie. and dont believe kendo, he's just another chuck norris wanna be haponese!

hahahahhaha, this place is great. Can't wait to get out and meet everyone!

~Barn~
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Can't wait to get out and meet everyone!

That's your second mistake.

Ricky
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:14 PM
That's your second mistake.

Dammit! However, I'm hoping everyone here will lead me in the right direction :D

~Barn~
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:20 PM
:lol:

See you at the BBQ, I'm sure. :up:

TMP
Wed Jul 4th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Just joined a few days ago and now have time to say hello. I live west of downtown near I-25 and I-70. I took the MSF about 15 yrs ago and road a CBR600 back in 90's. Did some dirt riding before that. Didn't ride much over the past 10 years til I picked up an '01 ZX6R over the winter. I've put almost 5K on it this year!!!!!!!! I'll never be without a bike ever again!!!!!!!!!!!:rock:

vmax2003
Wed Jul 4th, 2007, 03:03 AM
Welcome to the CSC

Highlife
Wed Jul 4th, 2007, 08:57 AM
HI, name is Tom live in S denver/Littleton
just want stop by and say hello to everyone here.
i'm new to the bike scene, only been ridding for about 5 months,
my bike is a 98 CBR900RR black/red/white.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Jul 4th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Welcome TMP. Lots of folks meet southwest of you at the Morrison Conoco on weekend mornings from 8-10 a.m. Come out and join some of us.

Ricky
Wed Jul 4th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Welcome!!

Brat
Wed Jul 4th, 2007, 02:59 PM
w^ high. welcome to tha board.

TMP
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 12:35 AM
I've been out to the Conoco a few times this year... just haven't had the time lately. I look forward to making the most of the rest of this season thou!!!!

UnoMOTO
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 10:41 AM
First of all thanks to Wade for the heads up on the 4th of July ride. I first thought you all were crazy for starting at 5 AM but it proved to be a smart move. I would like to put a member name with a rider name so to all those who rode, please let me know what your member name is here or maybe Wade can just fill that in for everyone else.

My first impressions are all positive from the ride and I see that everyone takes riding seriously. All but just a few of us in full leathers. I'll get some for myself after my ass drops a few lbs. Anyway I hope that I kept up the pace enough that those behind me still had the fun you might normally have. I did feel a bit rusty on my lines and entry speeds for most of the ride. Considering thats my first "REAL" ride of the season I could have expected that I guess. Everyone said that they would be taking it easy before the ride started and I was wondering if thats what taking it easy is really like? I definetly couldn't keep up if you started to ride hard.

I should have taken my camera to post some pictures here. I will remember that next time. I kinda got lucky this time being avalible to ride due to my wifes crazy work schedule. I'm not sure how often I will be able to ride again but please keep me informed on more groups heading up to the hills and I will do my best to make it.

Brian
Black 03 R1

swademaster
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Glad that you had a good time.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Jul 6th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Good to have met you Brian...i was on the Kawi 636

Travis

svrat
Fri Jul 6th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Welcome TMP. Do you still ride the dirt? IMHO dirt skills and street skills are totally complimentary. Duh.... Motard. Anyway, you'll meet some great people on CSC. Knowledgeable, patient and fun. Enjoy!

Κανελλόπουλος
Sun Jul 8th, 2007, 05:49 PM
I've been on the boards for a few weeks now and had skipped this step. My name is Tim. I've been riding since 2003 strictly street and bought my first new bike in 2005.

I grew up on dirt and made the switch to street after a nasty injury involving me, the ground, and my own 500lb ATV crashing down on my chest(not the type of accident they had in mind while designing those chest protectors).

I moved to Littleton in October from the southeast side of Chicago. I have no street racing experience but I'm currently learning about the MRA and am hoping to get into some safety courses before the summer is up.

I look forward to meeting and riding with responsible folks here in Colorado and I appreciate any information and knowledge that I might learn here. :cheers:

TMP
Sun Jul 8th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I haven't ridden dirt since the '80's.... LOL!!!!!!!

Slo
Mon Jul 9th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Welcome to CSC!!!!

EssVee
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Been browsing the forums, there are a lot of cool people here. Hi everybody

Motorcycles have been a dream for years for me. I started out in the dirt two years ago, took the MSF class and got the street bike last summer. I'm finally really comfortable on the bike, cruising canyons off north Boulder, and I hope to do some group rides this summer.

The SV-650 is great, perfect bike for me. As it turns out, you can make it a grand touring bike with enough bungee cords. The pic is from my trip Austin back in April. Want to get a pic of just the bike in front of the new Denver art museum, think the lines would look cool.

-Carl

Slo
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Hey Carl, welcome to CSC

Sean
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 08:23 PM
What's up,
I'm Sean, live in Boulder. I'm a new rider this season but don't be fooled, you'll see me in the canyons doing my best to hold my own. Just looking for anybody to do some rides with. Hit me up.

Sean
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Hey Y'all,
I'm a newbie in Boulder. This is my first season riding and I'm loving it. I'm not a weekend warrior, my car has stayed parked for over a month. Started hitting the canyons (sunshine, lefthand, flagstaff, lee hill) and looking to meet up with some people. I may be new, but I'm not that timid. I ride every day (to/from work, on my lunch hour, and after work). Let me know if anyone is up for a ride.

I'll be riding wed and thurs (maybe) after work and looking to do something on Saturday.
-Sean

Crisco
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 08:49 PM
welcome man

be sure to be on the look out for northern meets

I ride every weekend also

Suki
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 09:17 PM
welcome newbies! :D

mjg68901
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Hello everyone:hibye:! My name is Matt. New member from Nebraska, specifically Hastings (home of MPH). I worked the MRA event last weekend as Corner Marshal (Turn 13) and was paired with a fellow member (*GSXR~SNAIL*) that told me about this site.

I have lived in Hastings all my life and now work as a Land Surveyor.

I have been riding for almost 2 years now and rock a 2005 ZX-10r.

Hope to meet some people on here that may frequent MPH or not, glad to be aboard!!!

noInsurance
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I dont know if im a newbee or not. I just sold my harley ive had for 2 years and bought an r1. Hello anyways. Meet me for sushi.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Good to see you here Matt. Enjoy the madness.

tbirdman
Wed Jul 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM
HiLo, my name is Travis and I recently moved to Colorado from Lincoln Nebraska. (Not to offend but for those who bleed red like me, Go Huskers) I originate from North Platte Ne and moved in Feb to start a job in Westminster. Colorado has always been a destination of mine and I am elated to finally get here. Although I currently do not own a motorcycle, I did have a 2002 CBR600F4i that I miss terribly. I sold it to help fund the move to CO. Once I gather the money up I would like to get either a GSX-R600 or an R6.

To explain my handle, tbirdman, I have a passion for the Ford Thunderbird. My dad had numerous classic T-Birds and I guess his passion was passed on to me as well as a few of the cars.

I look forward to meeting many of you and swapping stories. Take care and keep stay upright. C-Ya around.

Sully
Wed Jul 11th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Welcome... check out the CSC bbq coming up this Sunday ! :hibye:

Mental
Wed Jul 11th, 2007, 02:13 PM
HiLo, my name is Travis and I recently moved to Colorado from Lincoln Nebraska. (Not to offend but for those who bleed red like me, Go Huskers) I originate from North Platte Ne and moved in Feb to start a job in Westminster...

My wife is a die hard Husker. Look up Coloradans for Nebraska, they have a very active chapter down here in the Springs, I would venture there is one there as well. I am a UNO grad, so I think you guys suck and I am waiting for the day when UNO goes Div 1 so we can lose every game we play for a decade or so. But I won't care. Go Mavs!

But welcome...

bodhizafa
Thu Jul 12th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Hey, just signed up. I live in Boulder at might be around tomorrow night. Drop me an email or private message thing.

bodhizafa
Thu Jul 12th, 2007, 01:23 AM
New to the forum. Moved to Boulder from the east coast about 4 months ago, got the bike about 2 months ago. Just saying hello.

Oh and are these afternoon storms normal all summer long? And whats with all the hail, that shit hurts!

Slo
Thu Jul 12th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Welcome to the CSC forums..... couldn't help you with the weather, relatively new myself and since I have been here, weather has been crazy.

TMP
Thu Jul 12th, 2007, 08:00 AM
It wasn't this rainy the past few years.... I guess we hit a wet cycle. It can hail almost anytime of year so keep your steed under some kind of cover!!!!
WELCOME!!!!

tbirdman
Thu Jul 12th, 2007, 08:07 AM
My wife is a die hard Husker. Look up Coloradans for Nebraska, they have a very active chapter down here in the Springs, I would venture there is one there as well. I am a UNO grad, so I think you guys suck and I am waiting for the day when UNO goes Div 1 so we can lose every game we play for a decade or so. But I won't care. Go Mavs!

But welcome...

Mavs wil have thier day. They have a good sports program and are exciting to watch. The way the huskers havebeen playing the last few years I wouldn't be surprised if a High School team could beat them, j/k. They are getting better though. It is good to see that there are some Nebraska natives out here. It seems most people leave Ne and head for either CO or KC. I will look up a local Coloradand for Nebraskans group in my area and see what kind of trouble we can get into, j/k. Thanks for the welcome and take care.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jul 12th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Mavs wil have thier day. They have a good sports program and are exciting to watch. The way the huskers havebeen playing the last few years I wouldn't be surprised if a High School team could beat them, j/k. They are getting better though. It is good to see that there are some Nebraska natives out here. It seems most people leave Ne and head for either CO or KC. I will look up a local Coloradand for Nebraskans group in my area and see what kind of trouble we can get into, j/k. Thanks for the welcome and take care.

I'm sure ther's a cob for you out there somewhere :slappers:

Go Buffs!

EssVee
Thu Jul 12th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Yeah, thats mountain weather for you. High chance of rain, hail, lightning and all that between 3-5pm daily. More so if you are up in the mountains as opposed to the front range. Watch out for it, pack something warm or cheap vinyl rain gear under the seat. Wet clothes + 50 mph = hypothermia.

Ricky
Thu Jul 12th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Not a noob rider, but definitely a noob here :)

WELCOME!!

Chi10
Sun Jul 15th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Hello CSC, I'm Chi. I'm originally from Chicago but now reppin south side Highlands Ranch. I've had several bikes and basically trying to decide what I like best. Right now I have a Ninja 250 but I'm shopping for something bigger.

I'm here to get involved, meet people, have fun and ultimately ride!:rock:

Brat
Sun Jul 15th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Hello, welcome to the site. safe riding to all. :D

luniz7
Sun Jul 15th, 2007, 09:13 PM
New to the site. Just picked up a 07 GSXR 600 and frickin love it! I only have two pics(been to lazy to take some). Excuse the first one its a lovely cell phone pic. BTW its pretty much stock besides a different pipe and the fender eliminator kit.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o219/luniz7/2.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o219/luniz7/l_252854fab2fefa65bc5c75080a10d3f3.jpg

Slo
Thu Jul 26th, 2007, 01:38 PM
welcome to CSC everyone, luniz7, very nice looking bike.

Suki
Thu Jul 26th, 2007, 02:14 PM
welcome newer noobs! :lol:

Slo
Tue Jul 31st, 2007, 09:47 PM
newer boobs?

nlh8584
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 02:54 PM
hey whats up guys im new to the site as of today. My name is Nick and i ride a 06 cbr 600RR i live down around arapahoe and university if anyone wants to meet up some where for some bww let me know thursday would be a good day for me

Jason ON
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:50 PM
Hola right back at ya. You know me by "Jonun" over on the SV-Portal. I think I have the same avatar there.

Suki
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
welcome and colorado weather is very predictable, as long as you remember it's always unpredictable and changes all the time! the weather forcasts are pretty accurate so just check the weather before you head out, most stuff happens in the late afternoon/evening so get your riding in during the morning.

nlh8584
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:20 PM
hey whats up csc my name is nick and have been riding for about 4 1/2 years sold my harley last summer and bought a 06 crb 600rr this summer just thought i would say whats up! ill probably make it up to the newb ride this sunday so i can meet some of you guys on this site

green_zx7r
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:57 PM
Umm... sorry to ask this but, I'm a non-hip Japanese who doesn't understand the words "Hola". I assume that means "Hello", "Hey", "What's up"???

Jason ON
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:18 PM
It's spanish for hello.

thida_r6
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:18 PM
hiya back! can't wait to ride with you again tomorrow!

BryanGSXR600
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:07 PM
welcome. and yes the weather here is hell. It rained super hard and flooded the street in front of my house for about a 1/2 hour then cleared up lol

green_zx7r
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:52 PM
Ahh. Thank you Jason. I guess I was aware of the greeting in Spanish, but never associated that with the title. For some unknown reason, I automatically thought it was some kind of MTV hip greeting. Stereotyping at it's best... Sorry. :oops:

Anyways, WELCOME!!! I live in Westminster but work in Boulder. If I ride street, Peak to Peak, St Vrain are nice canyons to visit.

Yusuke

bodhizafa
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:40 AM
Konichiwa!

Jay

Jason ON
Sat Aug 4th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Here ya go. (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14645)

Intelenium
Sat Aug 4th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Introductions before the beatings...

New to the forums, new to the state. Hope to stay here cause I likes it. I haven't been riding all my life but I can tell you I will be riding for the rest of it.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/Intelenium/intelenium_moto_sig.jpg

teamhypoxia
Sun Aug 5th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Eric
Hailing from Firestone.
Life-long cruiser rider looking for something I can take around a corner at speed without grinding off floorboards.
RC51 maybe? (it's still a Vtwin)
More of a lurker than a poster, but I guess I need 15 to use the classifieds.
When I end up finding something, this looks like a good place to hook up for rides.

SupermotoMJ
Tue Aug 7th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Hey everyone, forum newby.. I ride Supermoto up at IMI and I ride street too! Hoping to catch alot of the canyon rides before winter so I'm sure I will see more of you around :hump:
Late
Mike

Moonshine
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 09:51 AM
I just moved to downtown Denver from Montana via a short stint in Washington. I am looking for someone to do some work on my SV 1000 N. I usually do all the work myself but I do not have a place to do it. I am looking for an anal retentive perfectionist that gives a F@$%. I am open to all referrals and comments. I was also planning on heading down to the Brewery tonight. If that is no longer active I would love a heads up.
I look forward to riding with you all.

salsashark
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Welcome to the club...

For quality work on your SV, check out Supertune Motorsports (http://www.supertunemotorsports.com/). Mike is a great guy and will take care of you.

~Barn~
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Welcome aboard. :doublefinger:

The CSC Wednesday night routine at The Breck has fallen off, but hopefully somebody will bring sexy back one of these days. Baseball season (traffic) doesn't help the cause. Swing by tomorrow if you want though. I'll be there around 5:30 or so, to pre-game with some folks, before we go watch the Rockies.

The more popular weekday hangout, is at Caldonia's (http://caldonias.com) on Thursday nights. It's pretty much a regular spot on that night for CSC'ers, but keep your eyes peeled for people posting about it, just incase.

Moonshine
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Hey!! Thanks for the info on the meet and greet and the shop. I will be in touch. This is an great group people are actually active. That has not been my experience in the past. I might be going to that game as well if we head down there I will let you know.

Peace

~Barn~
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Sounds good to me. I grew up on WGN baseball with Steve Stone and Harry Caray calling the Cub's games. For this series though....
Go Rockies!

Moonshine
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 12:20 PM
You can't fault a guy for being loyal to his past.

Repsol a095
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Find Rybo on the board and send him a private message. He is extremely anal.

Cassius32
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Where in montana? i lived in Big Timber for a year.

Yamacati Bob
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Hi, and welcome aboard. It is going to be nice having you so close. Looks like you are getting ideas for quality work on your bike...cool...I can second the first suggestion...heard nothing but good about him.

Welcome to the land of big rocks and lots of twisties.:hump:

Love,
Dad

PS: Can they stand two of us????????????:slappers:

Moonshine
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I was born and raised in Billings.
I love the landscape but a bit to conservative.
It dose have some of the most amazing raods and curves with a view though.

Moonshine
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 01:05 PM
It is a lot to take in all at once. But it will be good to be back in the corners with my old man who happens to be a very fast "old man".

Cassius32
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Sounds like trouble.:)
Welcome look forward to ridin with you.

~Barn~
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Crikey!.. You guys are like the Ripken family!
:D

swademaster
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Sounds good to me. I grew up on WGN baseball with Steve Stone and Harry Caray calling the Cub's games. For this series though....
Go Rockies!

:no:
Not this weekend. Go Cubs

I'll be there Saturday night.

Prowler67
Fri Aug 10th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Hi. I thought I would introduce myself and ask a question.

My name is Ben (or the guy on that old Yamaha....cafe racer), Max told me about this site. I am a new rider, been riding for a year (well less with winter and all). I really like the vintage bikes and cafe racers. Been trying to get to more bike nights at the Motohaus, so some of you have probably met me there. I live in Ft. Collins and work the weeknight mid shift.

Now for my question.

Due to recent events, I have lost my riding partner (he left state but had the insight to sell me his bike before going :)). So I was wondering if there was someone that wanted a partner for the Motohunt? I can go for rides on Friday afternoons/evenings and Saterdays. If anyone is interested letme know..I guess either by P.M. or by replying.

This seems like a really freindly site as well as a lot knowlege to take in.

Thank you.

lightning126zp
Fri Aug 10th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Welcome to the site. Lots of Northern people to ride with. Good luck and be safe.

mtnairlover
Fri Aug 10th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Mayo (daemon) was talking about how it was kinda hard to get some of the (Moto Hunt) tasks done without a partner as well. I dunno, maybe send him a PM or something and find out if you guys have the same time frames available.

Oh, and welcome to the CSC.:)

MotoMax
Fri Aug 10th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Ben,
Welcome to the CSC! "Now git me a frackin beer Newb!!" Geez I'm thirsty!! :drink:yuk yuk.. . . . . . someone had to give you some shit. . . :)

Dub
Fri Aug 10th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Welcome! Now post some pics of the Yammer Hammer :up:

Sortarican
Fri Aug 10th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Ben,
Post up pics of the yamadog cafe.
(Big fan of the old school too.)

And welcome to the CSC.
The Northies rock! You should have no problem finding peps to ride with.
(But watch out for Cathy(Mtnairlover) and Mayo(Daemon)....they're cazy fast.):crazy:

Aracheon
Fri Aug 10th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Mayo's just crazy. ;)

Prowler67
Fri Aug 10th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Ben,

And welcome to the CSC.
(But watch out for Cathy(Mtnairlover) and Mayo(Daemon)....they're cazy fast.):crazy:

I think I have been on a ride with Cathy. Kawi 750? What kind of beer Max?
Oh incoming pic....if I can figure this one out.

Ok, this is a couple of months old. Slight changes.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/Prowler67/SUNP0008.jpg

This is last year, shortly after buying it. It has come a long way. What you cant see is the saddle style seat. :eek:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/Prowler67/Mymotorcycle.jpg

Xtremjeepn
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I've been ridin' for about 28 years. Dabled in road racing in the early 90s. Used to put about 40k a year on my bikes. Have not had a sportbike in a few years and am seriosly considering buying a new one.

Sold my 97 Valkyrie yesterday after 10 years of it collecting dust in the garage. :banghead: Bought it thinking I just wanted a cruiser and wanted to get away from sport bikes. After 10 years and a whoping 15k on the Valkyrie I want a new ride!!!!(My first clue should have been trying to wheelie the Valkyrie) Something I might be more willing to put 15k on every couple months.

Couple of bikes I have had in the past. CB550Four, FZX700,CBR600F1, CBR600F2,ZX6D, FZR600,FZR1000, CBR900RR (93 and 95), GSXR750 (92 and 97) Also worked the motorcycle shops when in college.

Seriously considering a 2007 R1.

~Barn~
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the club newies. Enjoy yourselves, it's a celebration.

burnout66
Sat Aug 18th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to the area. Moved from Florida because I couldn't stand the heat. Somebody told me it was cooler here in CO, haha. Anyway, I'm in the market for a new bike. I sold my '02 Harley Softail about 2 years ago and haven't ridden since. I'm done with Harleys and want to move on to something different. I definately need a do-all bike (commute, fun rides, and two-up long distance) and I've been looking really close at the new Bandit 1250. Anyone have any insight on it, or any other recommendations? Thanks.

lightning126zp
Sat Aug 18th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Introductions before the beatings...

New to the forums, new to the state. Hope to stay here cause I likes it. I haven't been riding all my life but I can tell you I will be riding for the rest of it.
Welcome to the site. Especially welcome to a fellow southern guy.

tbirdman
Mon Aug 20th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Welcome to all newbies from a newbie. I am glad to see this site growing and gathering new perspectives. Enjoy!!

Superfreak
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:38 AM
Oh SNAP! I didn't look hard enough for the sticky, but yep I'm new to the site and looking fwd to riding in Denver again. I spend most of my time of the 1000rr.net forum, but I'm sure I'll post up a lot more when I get home from the desert.

vmax2003
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:01 PM
Welcome Super to CSC forum. lots of advise and talk and some good peeps as well. see you in denver when you get back from the sandbox.

Superfreak
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:06 PM
Kuwait? Excellent living out there I hear! Little warm though. Went to Qatar the other month. Very nice to drink a guiness, too bad they'd only give us 3 per day.

mayhem
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
sup all, newbie too,,,,i ride a vespa and i like to ride it with just my thong on, anybody wanna go for a ride? names darin, i own the pikes perk coffee & tea cafe on 8th st in the springs.....www.pikesperkcafe.com 20% discount to all csc & crn members if you wanna stop by...

i like to go really fast ( like 30mph ) and see if i can drag the side boards of my vespa..............:hump:

blue02celi
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Hi, Im Luis, just moved from NY to the Denver area. No bike yet, used to have a 03 GSXR 600, looking to get an 04 GSXR, or really any sportsbike when it comes down to it. Im down in Littleton and work at DIA, makes for a nice easy ride, and hopefully save some gas.

dabadie
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Hey everyone
New to the forum and some what new to Colorado
Should be picking up a R1 or R6 this week

Been riding my whole life in cali but mainly dirt
Raced Dirtbikes for 10 + years and have had 2 Street bikes.
Didnt put to much time on the streets but I wouldnt say im a complete noob :)
Superhawk and a YZF600 back in the day

trying to figure out which way to go, R1 or R6
Want to hit the twisties and trackdays but also will do some sightseeing
im leaning towards the R6 but worried about loss of power in the mile high area :)
Came here from cali with a 06 crf250 and had to sell it for a 450 due to lack of power so im wondering if i will be in the same boat with a R6
I always liked riding Dirt bikes I can flick around and make up speed in the corners and taking the inside but on the street im not to sure if flickable is the way to go

any feedback?

BlueDog
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 04:39 PM
How about another Superhawk? :)

Sully
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the board... :hibye:

Check this thread http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2698

dapper
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 04:50 PM
-snip-
im leaning towards the R6 but worried about loss of power in the mile high area :)
If it's fuel injected, the R6 will meet most people's needs. The R6 insurance is cheaper than the liter bike too.

vmax2003
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM
welcome to the space.....we call it CSC....

Badhabit
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I'll sell you my Superhawk for cheap. Its barely used at all, check it out!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9100&highlight=1998+Superhawk

I don't think you'll find the R6 or R1 lacking for power... If you're into dirtbikes have you considered getting a supermoto for the street?

dabadie
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Thats funny you say that

I really did think about getting one
How are the supermotos?
How do they do in the canyons and also the Hwys

BlueDog
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Thats funny you say that

How are the supermotos?

A few people here have them and use them in the canyons, seem to have a whole lot of fun.

denverbusa
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Thats funny you say that

How are the supermotos?

Attendance:

Bueller... Bueller... Bueller

Bueller
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Thats funny you say that

How are the supermotos?
I would post that question in the supermoto section, I am sure one of those asshats will answer your questions.

Badhabit
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Great in the canyons, livable on the highway for short stints. If you need a highway bike you'll be dissapointed in a sumo. They fuggin rail in the canyons though! The tighter the better!:hump:

TomB
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 10:04 PM
twins rule in the canyons(personal opion) RC51,Nighthawk 996,aprilla mille or tuono, TL1000r,monster ,duc749. am I missing anything?

BlueDog
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 03:17 PM
twins rule in the canyons(personal opion) RC51,Nighthawk 996,aprilla mille or tuono, TL1000r,monster ,duc749. am I missing anything?

SV1000 and also, Superhawk 996 is what I think you meant.

Devaclis
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 03:38 PM

NT650

Slo
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 04:22 PM
No no no, you all have it wrong, stretched, lowered busa's rule the canyons!!! ;)

Welcome to CSC

daemon
Wed Aug 29th, 2007, 03:47 PM
well lookie here what i find when i do a name search.
yeah,i know i've been lacking lately.
been busy with the moto hunt stuff.
i'll be doing the northern run up to snowy pass and down to steamboat on saturday.
couple stops in between there.

jeff,i'm a gonna whomp you italian style next time i see you....:)J/k

Mayo (daemon) was talking about how it was kinda hard to get some of the (Moto Hunt) tasks done without a partner as well. I dunno, maybe send him a PM or something and find out if you guys have the same time frames available.

Oh, and welcome to the CSC.:)

Ben,

And welcome to the CSC.

Sortarican
Wed Aug 29th, 2007, 04:14 PM
...jeff,i'm a gonna whomp you italian style next time i see you....:)J/k

Mayo, Ya can't go Italian on a Sortarican.....too much grease.

Ben, Cool cafe.

Max - Whatcha looking to get for your British Small Arms?
(Ask anyone....I need more vehicles.)

Slo
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Welcome to CSC everyone.....

CanyonCarver
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 11:50 PM
thanks bluedog. Ya MUST buy a SV best bike EVA:)

CBRSue
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 11:59 PM
Welcome to the club and welcome to Colorado! :)
Did you get your bike?

DARK ANGEL
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 07:06 AM
go vtwin get a RC51

tripledigits
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 07:26 AM
There's hardly any weight difference between the current liter bikes and their 600 cc counterparts. The biggest difference you'll see between the two is low end grunt. You'll be shifting the 600 alot more than the 1000, so if you're sightseeing, cruising along with occasional track work, the liter bike is the way to go. You should look at all the offerings to see which one fits you best, unless you're just stuck on a brand.

I know there are people who swear by twins, but for me the top end power and overall smoothness of the I-4 offers so much more than a twin.

Ride everything you can, and see what suits your style.

merlin
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 09:34 AM
twins rule in the canyons(personal opion)
RC51,
Nighthawk
aprilla mille or tuono,
TL1000r,
monster ,
duc749.
am I missing anything?

Umm- all the Buells!

If you are still looking at different bikes, you might consider a Buell. It's not as fast in a straight line as the R6 even, but it has the edge in handling. Also, no valve adjustments, no chain to adjust or replace (also a con there- also no gearing changes). Easy to tune too- there's free software out that lets you edit the ECM and fuel maps directly, and I just happen to have the necessary cable :: grin ::

I was up at Fay Meyers a few days ago and they have a SWEET '06 XB12R in the used section. It'll need a new front fender (unless you like stainless steel spikes) but it's got the "Cherry Bomb" red wheels and windshield on a black bike. If you like, I have an '06 you are welcome to look at, sit on, and possibly test ride. Shoot me a PM, if you like. The insurance tends to be a good bit cheaper too, in my experience.

Merlyn
-Firebolt Pilot

Super-zHero
Wed Sep 5th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Hell ya baby, I wanna try the 12r out. it wont be the same as the '08 coming out with the new rotax motor in it, but still want to try it as Ive wanted one forever. Glad to See Buell looking forward in engine development.

gsxrscott
Wed Sep 5th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Hell if you can out perform an R6 even at this altitude I'll come up and give u a Dollar. I dont mind the ride up north!!:crazy:

DucWise
Thu Sep 6th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Hi, brand new to the board and have recently relocated to the southern Denver area recently from TX. Just wanted to say 'Hi' and am looking for some good folks to ride with... fast or slow... it doesn't matter to me. Ok, maybe not TOO slow ;) I usually head into the hills to find some twisties on the weekends and on many evenings.

--- Jack

Jenny
Thu Sep 6th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Welcome to the board! Great choice of bike, I must say. :D

DucWise
Thu Sep 6th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Hi, I just recenlty relocated back to CO from TX. Thank God I'm back home! Just looking for some good people to meet and ride with and talk bikes to. I usually try to get my rides in on the weekends and and some weekday afternoons/evenings.

I've been riding for a number of years, worked at a number of shops, raced in a number of states, and have owned (and do own) quite a number of 2-wheelers. My that's a lot of 'numbers'... makes me feel kinda old :o

Anyway, feel free to contact me anytime about riding if you're in the southern Denver area. Was also wondering if there are any standard days, times, or places for CSC group rides?? There's tons of info here but it's hard to sift through it all.

Thanks!!

--- Jack

~Barn~
Thu Sep 6th, 2007, 02:50 PM
How did I know that Jenny was going to be the first to welcome you...
=)

Welcome to the club, newies. Enjoy yourselves. :doublefinger:

Devaclis
Thu Sep 6th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Where are you at in the Ranch? I am off Dad Clark. On the north side. The Ghetto of HR :)

konichd
Thu Sep 6th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Welcome! There are a group of us that Meet at the Morrison Conoco off of C-470 on the weekends. Rides usually start anywhere from 8am-10am. Its a good kick-off point for some good roads in the foothills.

See you out there!

DucWise
Thu Sep 6th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Where are you at in the Ranch? I am off Dad Clark. On the north side. The Ghetto of HR :)

Ha! I thought I lived in the ghetto of HR. I'm off of Wildcat near University. Just got back from putting up and down Deer Creek :up: I'm always looking to spend more time in the saddle...

--- Jack

KombatWombat
Fri Sep 7th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Hey Everyone:

I am new to the board and to the area. I moved out from Michigan and am working in the Denver Tech Center. A friend at work, who some of you know as Devaclis introduced me to this site. I am currently in the market for a '03 600RR! Just wanted to say hi and I am looking forward to fun times riding!:cheers: