PDA

View Full Version : CSC vs MRA challenge!! Time to step up!!

rforsythe
Fri Feb 1st, 2008, 10:18 PM
ALL CSC MEMBERS: You've been challenged by the MRA for a little fundraising contest to help the new track get built! IF WE WIN, you can go watch MRA races FOR FREE for the ENTIRE 2008 SEASON! Here's how it works:

The contest starts today, February 1st, and ends April 1st. That's two months to show those yahoos over at the MRA that we can do better than they can.
Both clubs are starting at $0 for purposes of this contest - previous donations don't count.

When (not if) the CSC members donate MORE than MRA members, each CSC member who donates at least $50 will receive an MRA punch card that will get them FREE entry to all MRA races for the 2008 season!
If the MRA raises more than the CSC (boo!), but the CSC raises at least 50% of the MRA amount, each CSC member who donates at least $50 will receive an MRA punch card that will get them 50% off entry to all MRA races for the 2008 season.Important: In order for the CSC to get credit the donations MUST be sent via Paypal to CSC_CAMA@yahoo.com. In the notes section please include your full name, street address, phone number and CSC screen name, this will insure that both the CSC and you, personally, will get proper credit for the donation.

So it's really that simple - CSC members need to donate more than MRA members, but when we do our victory is a little sweeter!

I am going to start this contest off proper, by personally donating $100. I'm sure Glenn will track this contest (track the track?), at least until we start kicking the MRA's collective ass too bad. :lol:

Come on folks, let's show that "other club" what we can do!

Bueller
Sat Feb 2nd, 2008, 08:23 AM
You should post up a list of everyone who hasn't contributed. Maybe you can shame those people into contributing. :roll:

CurtisRR
Sat Feb 2nd, 2008, 08:47 AM
Great idea! Can't wait to try the new track.

green_zx7r
Sat Feb 2nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
Good idea, and donation has been made through paypal. :)

Ralph, let me know if you don't get it.

Yusuke

rforsythe
Sat Feb 2nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
Good idea, and donation has been made through paypal. :)

Ralph, let me know if you don't get it.

Yusuke

Thanks! :up:

Actually, the money isn't going through me; it is sent to CAMA by way of Glenn through that Paypal account. As long as you got your email receipt from Paypal, they got it. :)

mushin_man39
Sat Feb 2nd, 2008, 05:50 PM
Huh? Should I donate through both?

rforsythe
Sat Feb 2nd, 2008, 07:18 PM
If you send via paypal to the above address, and include the information requested (name, address, phone, CSC name), it will be credited for the CSC member donations for the track in your name.

Let me know if you have other questions.

rforsythe
Sat Feb 2nd, 2008, 07:20 PM
We've sweetened the deal even more!

Dirkterrel is donating ONE FREE TRACK DAY AT HIGH PLAINS RACEWAY, to one lucky winner! How can you win? Simple - for every $50 you donate to help the new track get built, you get an entry in the drawing! Donate $100, get two entries. $200, four entries ... and so on!

If we get a lot of donations, Dirk may even donate multiple track days, so your chances would go up even more!

Thanks Dirk!

Redflash3
Sat Feb 2nd, 2008, 08:16 PM
Done :hump:

D Berns R6
Sat Feb 2nd, 2008, 10:52 PM
Is that sweet deal only for CSC members? :)

dirkterrell
Sat Feb 2nd, 2008, 11:29 PM
Is that sweet deal only for CSC members? :)

Yes, donations in the name of the CSC as outlined by Ralph are eligible for the free track day drawing.

I'm really hoping that the CSC will get behind the new track in a real way. Perhaps others (e.g. local bike shops) might also offer up prizes to be given away in drawings to those who contribute to building the track. :)

Dirk

Nick_Ninja
Sun Feb 3rd, 2008, 01:16 AM
As I contemplate, I still am indecisive. But your conclusion will always be misguided.

D Berns R6
Sun Feb 3rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
Sweet, well good luck guys! No matter what it's a win win situation!

mushin_man39
Sun Feb 3rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
Thank you Dingle for such a great fund raising effort for quite a while on the MRA side of the fence! Everyone will benefit from your efforts.

D Berns R6
Mon Feb 4th, 2008, 10:33 AM
CSC there are 3 High Planes Raceway track days and 3 Pueblo Motorsports Park track days up on the MRA forum silent auction that end at our banquet on the 9th. Even though it is on our site, CSC members can get credit for the money! and that goes for everything else up on the auction!

The GECCO
Mon Feb 4th, 2008, 09:24 PM
OK, I just processed the donations to date and the CSC is winning...for now. In just a few days the CSC has raised $500!

Top donor so far is CurtisRR!

Thanks to everyone!

rforsythe
Sat Feb 16th, 2008, 03:38 PM
So how we doin Glenn?

The GECCO
Sat Feb 16th, 2008, 07:02 PM
You're getting beaten like a redheaded step child! LoL

Seriously, though, no matter how it turns out, I sincerely thank all those that have donated. I am doing my best to make sure you'll have a new track to ride on before the season is over!

Based on the Paypal numbers the CSC is still at $500 and the MRA is at $1081. There are also MRA donations that are being sent directly to the PO box that I haven't factored in yet. Time to rally the troops to make sure the CSC donors get their free entries!

CBRSue
Fri Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:01 PM
You're getting beaten like a redheaded step child! LoL

Seriously, though, no matter how it turns out, I sincerely thank all those that have donated. I am doing my best to make sure you'll have a new track to ride on before the season is over!

Based on the Paypal numbers the CSC is still at $500 and the MRA is at $1081. There are also MRA donations that are being sent directly to the PO box that I haven't factored in yet. Time to rally the troops to make sure the CSC donors get their free entries!

What? We're getting beat?!!! :( Can't have that! So, I just made my donation... not only because I want the CSC to win this battle of donations for the new track... but because I know it's for a good cause to support all you racers and racing fans... plus, I want to be entered in the drawing for the FREE track day, 'cause if I win, then I have no excuse to finally feel the thrill of riding on a track! :)

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Feb 28th, 2008, 07:00 PM
TTT. Donation sent.

arata954
Sat Mar 1st, 2008, 02:48 PM
can someone please tell me where i can read about the new track. i dont know where to start searching for it.. we dont get dick for local news in iraq. i want to donate as well, but would like to read about the track. thank you.

things like where it is being build, etc.

D Berns R6
Sat Mar 1st, 2008, 03:44 PM
www.highplainsraceway.com (http://www.highplainsraceway.com)

let me know if you have any questions about it. I can help you out.

Dingle

arata954
Sun Mar 2nd, 2008, 03:23 AM
thanks d berns. thats exactly what i was looking for. next month i will probably drop 1-2 bills to the cause.

D Berns R6
Sun Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
No problem! :)

D Berns R6
Sun Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Hey guys, check out this thread about High Plains Raceway....it made me pee a little!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20248

rybo
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Hey kids, we're getting our arses kicked...

The MRA is beating the CSC like a red-headed stepchild. I don't have the hard figures, but it's in the neighborhood of

MRA - $2000
CSC - $550

rforsythe
Sun Mar 9th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I know the CSC has more than that...

dirkterrell
Sun Mar 9th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Hey kids, we're getting our arses kicked...

The MRA is beating the CSC like a red-headed stepchild. I don't have the hard figures, but it's in the neighborhood of

MRA - $2000
CSC - $550

I just doubled the CSC amount. Come on, CSCers. Let's do our part to help make this track a reality. Remember, for each $50 you donate you have a chance to win a free track day out there.

Dirk

D Berns R6
Sun Mar 9th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks Dirk you rock!

D Berns R6
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Is there an update?

Bashed
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I'm working on the SOCO people as we speak.
Look for a donation @ the end of the month.
Later Bash

cdrewferd
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I'll talk to the wife and see if I can throw up a donation. Always up for helping a good cause.

Tipys
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I made mine throw Bash

CBRSue
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 01:52 PM
I got a letter today thanking me for my donation, along with a couple of "High Plains Raceway Founding Contributor" bumper stickers. You know you want some, too! :)

CBRSue
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 02:00 PM
Cool...does everyone get those or only those that contribute a certain amount?

My guess is that the letter and bumper stickers are going out to everyone who makes a donation... did anyone else get their letter today?

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
Yep..just received it today!

Redflash3
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:31 PM
I received my letter and bumper stickers about 2 weeks ago.

rforsythe
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Got my letter and stickers as well. :up:

Is Glenn ever gonna update this thread?

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Got my letter and stickers as well. :up:

Is Glenn ever gonna update this thread?

I'll update it for Glenn...

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=5629&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

:)

rforsythe
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Uh, looking for something a little more specific...

The GECCO
Fri Mar 28th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Well, your hair is still red and Ralph better be getting his little dress ready.

Thanks to Mr Dirk the CSC is currently at $1100.

The MRA is over $2400. I say over because this is the amount that has come in through the paypal account since Feb 1st, it doesn't include any MRA money that was sent directly to CAMA.

You have about 3 more days, if the CSC brings it close to the $2400 mark by then I will look into how much the MRA has ACTUALLY raised, otherwise it's a rather moot point as far as the contest goes.

Either way, I really want to thank everyone from the CSC that donated. I know that most aren't flush with spare cash (if you were, you'd be RACING, right?? LoL) so it means a lot that you spared what you could and I hope you enjoy the track once we get it open!

rforsythe
Fri Mar 28th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I am pretty sure we have a nother $100 on that that I know of, from a guy who sent money but forgot to put the notes in (I PM'd you about it).
Dirk doubled the $550 but that amount didn't have that payment counted in.

Vehicle 1
Fri Mar 28th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah, that was me....

Glenn sent an e-mail to me and I gave here my info for the CSC to get credit for the donation. :)

D.

The GECCO
Fri Mar 28th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Ralph, that $100 was in the original $550 that Dirk matched.

Current ACTUAL totals:

CSC - $1100
MRA - $5956

The GECCO
Fri Mar 28th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Just checked the paypal account, another $510 (CSC) has showed up in the last hour or so.

rforsythe
Fri Mar 28th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Cool, just making sure. I thought the times when that all got posted didn't reflect it but that was a while ago.

The GECCO
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 09:31 AM
The CSC is staging a last inning rally!! As of 9:30am on the 31st the CSC is at $4810.

You've got about 14 1/2 hours to make things interesting!

rforsythe
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 11:32 AM
What's the MRA at?

Spiderman
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 11:40 AM
I'm guessing the MRA hasn't moved much, if at all... so if that's the case, we still need to come up with $1200 to just barely beat their current amount.

The GECCO
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 12:17 PM
The MRA has gone up by a few hundred dollars. It will be a week or so before I can accurately determine the MRA's total because it takes that long for the donations that are sent directly to CAMA to get processed through the bank in Phoenix and for me to get the updated report. So, even if something is postmarked today I won't know about it for a while.