PDA

View Full Version : what kind of tires do you guys like?

honda919
Sat Feb 2nd, 2008, 05:21 PM
Hey guys just curious on what type of tires you guys like.. I am new to this forum as i just moved to cheyenne wyoming 2 months ago. I am anxious to hit some canyon roads as well as some scenic roads! I just ordered some metzler M3s and i am also get my bike dyno tuned with aaron at epicmotoworks.com. Let me know im anxious to meet some new riding people

Bueller
Sat Feb 2nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
Metzlers are good tires, I really liked the sets I had, but that Aaron guy is a hack!

J/k he'll do ya right :up:

TMP
Sat Feb 2nd, 2008, 08:21 PM
Pirelli diablo corsa III

great grip and heat up fast, duel compound that wears well too!

mayhem
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 02:08 PM
bridgestone battlax bt-002,,,stick like glue

RyNo24
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Michilien Pilot Powers, great grip and are shaped very well for cornering.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 02:20 PM
round and stickey

dragos13
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Michelin 2CT for the street. Can't beat them!!!

Sully
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 02:44 PM
+1 Michelin Pilot Powers and/or 2CT's. :up:

salsashark
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I prefer Conti's myself... great mileage, traction, and affordable...

will be putting a set of sport attacks on the 14 next summer.

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/de/en/continental/motorcycle/themes/motorcycletires/sport/sportattack/img/sportattack_uv;property=original.jpg

TFOGGuys
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Regardless of what you choose, please give us a call when you're ready. We try to stay competitive on pricing, and generally install them while you wait. We keep BT002s, Corsa IIIs, Qualifiers, Pilots (and 2CTs), Metzelers, and Avons on hand. If you need something a little different that we don't happen to have, we can generally get them in 2-4 working days.

konichd
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 02:57 PM
^^^Jim is the "bomb diggity" when it comes to tires! :)

Nick_Ninja
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 03:02 PM
http://www.webbikeworld.com/images/tires/avon-storm-st.jpg

AV ST55
AV ST56

If you don't want to keep forking out dollahs that could be spent on beer. Oh ..... and buy them from Jim at The Fog

R1NORI
Fri Feb 15th, 2008, 03:54 PM
your best bet is michelin pilot powers (2ct even better)
coyote motorsports stocks michelin in stock
as well as dunlop !!:hump:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Feb 15th, 2008, 05:12 PM
^^^Jim is the "bomb diggity" when it comes to tires! :)

When I searched (BRIDGESTONE Battlax BT014) in town and online, Jim @ TFOG had the best deal installed. +1 for TFOG!

tl1000riders
Sun Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:10 PM
I used to run the sport attacks on my tl 1000s. After getting only 4200 miles out of them I switched to michelin pilot road 2's. So far they are better in the canyons than the sport attack. They're supposed to last longer. They are a duel compound touring tire.... The rear tire is about 20 dollars more than the sport attack. The performance of the tire is unbelievable.... It treats the TWIN well!!!! Just my 2 cents:)
I prefer Conti's myself... great mileage, traction, and affordable...

will be putting a set of sport attacks on the 14 next summer.

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/de/en/continental/motorcycle/themes/motorcycletires/sport/sportattack/img/sportattack_uv;property=original.jpg

Clovis
Sun Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:25 PM
My R1 came stock with Pilot powers so I've used them exclussively ever since - I really like the 2CTs - they will last slightly longer in the middle tread then the regular CTs (that along isn't really worth the extra expense), however I swear they stick better in the corners.

From what I understand, the side rubber is the same as the regular PPs but they really do feel better.

Anyhow, depending on the bike - you'll get about 3500 miles on a litre bike (rear) and about 5000 on a 600cc

Good luck!

-Clovis

yueh
Wed Jul 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Just bought a new rear Pirelli Diablo Corsa III from Jim and Holly @ TFOG, and they really do have the best price in town (spent 30 min calling various dealers, etc). Plus, you get that intrinsic fantastic feeling of helping out a small, Colorado business!

ElCid
Wed Jul 16th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Michilien Pilot Powers 2ct. they pretty much rule.:)

Redflash3
Wed Jul 16th, 2008, 09:26 PM
+1 for Jim, good price including mounting. Bought a set of 2CT's last week.

Tipys
Wed Jul 16th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Michilien Pilot Powers

DevilsTonic
Wed Jul 16th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I loved my pilot powers, and I love my 2ct's even more. Both great tires! I haven't tried any other brands on my bike.

grafix
Thu Jul 17th, 2008, 12:01 AM
bridgestone battlax bt-002,,,stick like glue

Ditto

King Nothing
Thu Jul 17th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Green Tomahawks

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jul 17th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Green Tomahawks

on your pink bike FTW! :up:

Captain Obvious
Fri Nov 28th, 2008, 07:12 AM
how can i make runescape money (http://www.runescape-shop.com/runescape-gold/runescape-gold.php) fast??

no clue.

But I like Pilot Powers as well as Pirelli Diablos. I have done track days on both and they stick just fine. Currently have the Diablos mounted and with plenty of real world ability (wet conditions and heat up fast).

Next up will be the Contis just try try something different.

chad23
Fri Nov 28th, 2008, 08:16 AM
how can i make runescape money (http://www.runescape-shop.com/runescape-gold/runescape-gold.php) fast??
by shoving your hand in a running blender.....I have really been enjoying my pp 2ct's

daemon
Fri Nov 28th, 2008, 08:29 AM
i like my "pirelli diablo stradas". awesome long mileage tread and sticky enough to feel confident.
i used to run continentals as well.
they are just as good for the long haul and stickiness.