PDA

View Full Version : Site Sponsers and Supporters

Bashed
Tue Feb 5th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I propose that the site put on the forums page a site sponsers list in the Wheels and Deals section instead of the front page link to the sponsers page. I think most members do not even go out to that front page and look.They just come straight to the forums. It would make it easier for the sponsers to post up group buys, monthly specials, answer ?'s and the like.
Also admins, what does it take to be a site sponser?
A yearly donation ?
My opinion is if you advertize here you need to give to the site.
Alot do, but most do not, but they profit from your site by targeting thier core user group to drum up business. Not cool. I will refrain from naming names.
Might help offset the costs of running the site, just a thought.

Later Bash

rforsythe
Thu Feb 21st, 2008, 10:04 AM
To this point we've set it up to where any business can post up occasional specials and such in the Wheels N Deals forum, as long as it doesn't get abused or turn into some dealer's daily inventory list (and we've had to come down on some before for thinking it was their personal free-ad forum).

I agree with what you're saying about site sponsors being linked from the forum, I will have to think about the best way to do it.

To "sponsor" the club you have to agree to set up some sort of meaningful discount for CSC members, which we put on the sponsor page. So far the only thing we've charged for are the banners up top, which everyone sees on every page.

Beyond that you can be a yearly or lifetime club supporter with the subscription that many members have done, but it doesn't include any extra ad listing privileges.

Bashed
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the reply Ralph.
I have a shop owner that did not want
to get on anybodies bad side.
He asked me to ask you what the proper
decorum was here.
Thanks Again,
Bash