PDA

View Full Version : Head Count

GNGSXR
Sun Feb 10th, 2008, 05:02 PM
How many of you are running in the MRA for the first time this season?

CurtisRR
Sun Feb 10th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I might but it would be later in the season. Just moving here and bike won't be here until May and then have to review finances. I plan on some the of Racing2SaveLive events and a couple others with friends back in St. Louis so it just depends. I will probably try to do the MRA event at Hastings after R2SL.

Redflash3
Sun Feb 10th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I'm taking the MRA school at Pueblo in April and doing 2 of 3 R2SL events.

GNGSXR
Sun Feb 10th, 2008, 06:13 PM
am i really this dumb?
what is R2SL?

CurtisRR
Sun Feb 10th, 2008, 06:21 PM
am i really this dumb?
what is R2SL?

Racing2SaveLives: see banner at top

konichd
Mon Feb 11th, 2008, 08:13 AM
I'll be doing a couple races this year. Going to take Mark S. class in the spring. Probably just Pueblo races but I might get to Hastings also. :)

motaboy
Mon Feb 11th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I'm planning on it. It all depends on how far I can stretch the tax return.

pauliep
Mon Feb 11th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I'd like to, but looks like it won't happen til next year.

500rgurl
Mon Feb 11th, 2008, 10:17 AM
working on it! :)

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Feb 11th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I'll be doing a couple races this year. Going to take Mark S. class in the spring. Probably just Pueblo races but I might get to Hastings also. :)

That track in Hastings is friggin sweet David. George out there is a nut and throws a great time for EVERYBODY out there for the races. His whole crew does a great job. If you get the chance, make it out there!

Bueller
Mon Feb 11th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Don't want

dragos13
Mon Feb 11th, 2008, 05:10 PM
That track in Hastings is friggin sweet David. George out there is a nut and throws a great time for EVERYBODY out there for the races. His whole crew does a great job. If you get the chance, make it out there!

+1 for the hastings trip

when i started my novice year in 07, i figured i would run a couple races but not the whole season. little did i know, after round one in pueblo i was hooked. sold the street bike and my car to get a truck and trackbike. now i would never look back, and i do everything i can to make every event. good luck to everyone who starts next year. if anyone has any questions or needs any help, send me a PM. I CAN'T WAIT TO RACE :hump:

ZiaThunder
Mon Feb 11th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I'm really hoping to hit each one of the tracks this year that MRA uses this year. But, of course money and PTO will be the limiting factors.

Spicee Brown
Tue Feb 12th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Just like Dragos and Koniched, I am heading out to all pueblos, and a select hastings event.. Ive been there, havnt raced there. I started out Last year in the final 2 Pueblos, and had a blast. Met great friends.
I cant wait for racing to even start ON TV!
I just wish the MRA hadnt made it so hard for a novice to race this year, with the Sat. schedule. It is what it is, I can either complain or just buckle down and find a way to make it happen (I sell bikes at a dealer on saturdays). Hope to be out there.
Maybe Ill race Down hill bicycles. Second funnest thing Ive ever done.

...Urrrgh.

mayhem
Tue Feb 12th, 2008, 04:32 PM
workin on it, takin race class march 22nd....................

Dizzy D
Tue Feb 12th, 2008, 10:24 PM
am i really this dumb?
what is R2SL?

www.racing2savelives.org

All the COOL people will be there. :)

D Berns R6
Tue Feb 12th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I just wish the MRA hadnt made it so hard for a novice to race this year, with the Sat. schedule. It is what it is, I can either complain or just buckle down and find a way to make it happen (I sell bikes at a dealer on saturdays).

For sure it is harder for a novice to race that is in that business. I don't work in that industry but I couldn't imagine it being hard to get one saturday off a month...but then again I don't work in the industry.

Flyin Hawaiian
Wed Feb 13th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I will be headed down to Pueblo in March to get my license! I am looking forward to meeting new people with the same interest!

Mr_RC
Wed Feb 13th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Does anyone know how long a race license is good for?

dragos13
Wed Feb 13th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know how long a race license is good for?

to race? only for that year. it must be renewed to race the next year. renewal is only a matter of paying the license fee.

if you are taking the class to be certified to ride the track, i dont think that will expire. im sure someone who does trackday stuff can confirm that part.

BlueDevil
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Race Cert doesnt expire... but they used to have a rule if you were not active for a while, that you may need to re-cert..... Im sure the rule book has that one in it and easy to find.

The Sat sched... granted is harder for those who work on Sat.. but in the long run is better for the masses.... It helps eliminate excessive tire changes from Dot's to Slicks and back again...... Helps get us on our way home earlier from that nice 7hr drive back from Hastings..., and when its a crash fest day...... and for those who race only SS or SB classes...(Mostly) get to only come on the day their races take place... Heck a SS rider can come on Sat and be home by dinner time and still have a weekend left... Overall, the minor amount of folks it may create a schedule conflict for (which Im sure can be worked out since it was out months ahead of time) will pail in comparrison to the folks it will help out...... But the nice part is the MRA is always looking to make things work better for everyone... If the new plan works.. great... If not, Im sure they will make changes accordingly.... Personally I cant be more happy about it..

Spicee Brown
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I Understand , Dion..Im just pissin and moanin. It will light a fire under my ass to become expert, but Im way far away from that. I just still havnt decided if its worth it to race with you guys for ONE race on Sunday in AM U, in the Waaay back. I understand you gotta run with faster types to get faster yourself, But Im a first year Novice that wants to see where Im at with other Novies.
I just dont know how much entry fees the MRA will lose from people that work Saturdays, but it could be a lot. My buddy who wants to race works saturdays as a therapist, his big earning day.
I totally agree about that long ass drive home from Hastings could be shortened! I also understand the concept better suits all the tire changes you gotta do between classes. Hell, I just use one set! Pretty easy when your slow to make em last!

Either way, I had a blast with you guys last year, and Im gonna make it work.

"Im tellin' ya fellahs..youre gonna want that CowBell!"
Bruce Dickinson

D Berns R6
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I just still havnt decided if its worth it to race with you guys for ONE race on Sunday in AM U, in the Waaay back. I understand you gotta run with faster types to get faster yourself, But Im a first year Novice that wants to see where Im at with other Novies.

Spicee, I as well was a first year novice last year. Like you stated, I started in the back of AM U and by the last race, I got the hole shot, and held third till the last lap, and got 4th. So there is hope. You just have to keep your head down and ride! I didn't learn anything in novice, it all came from middleweight endurance and AM O and U and all the expert riders who I talked to. At first I didn't want to run AM O because I would be at the back but again, as the races go by, you get faster and run with faster people. I'm just blabbing now but I guess all I'm saying is do AM U if you can't do NOV U, you will learn more than you ever could have imagined....

Dingle

Κανελλόπουλος
Thu Feb 14th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I'll be racing at least a few races this year. Planning on the March class.

Spicee Brown
Fri Feb 15th, 2008, 05:04 PM
thanks for the postive outlook, Dingle..I gotta get faster...but its not an overnite thing. Gotta hang with Faster people. Gonna give it my best shot.

Spicee Brown
Sat Feb 16th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Dingle. Ya gotta ride with faster folks to get fast! Im way over my head already, with the 2 AM U races I did!
Late!

Ghost
Sat Feb 16th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Dunno if/when/what I'm doing this season. I might run MRA, but more likely I'll run a car in either NASA, SCCA or both (boo!). Yeah, cages suck, I know. However, they tend to be easier to sponsor and net out cheaper to run.

Though, as it is, I may be FAR too broke to do anything but dream of racing and pit for Team My Little Pony... if they're racing this year...which is unconfirmed....

SO...I dunno...

motobum
Sun Feb 17th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Dunno if/when/what I'm doing this season. I might run MRA, but more likely I'll run a car in either NASA, SCCA or both (boo!). Yeah, cages suck, I know. However, they tend to be easier to sponsor and net out cheaper to run.

Though, as it is, I may be FAR too broke to do anything but dream of racing and pit for Team My Little Pony... if they're racing this year...which is unconfirmed....

SO...I dunno...

i wanna know what car you race that is cheaper to race then a bike..:shocked:

Ghost
Sat Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:39 AM
i wanna know what car you race that is cheaper to race then a bike..:shocked:

Well, that's what I've been looking into for about a month, I'm not yet sure it's true.

Someone who's a local racer (won't name names) has tried to convince me that if I compete in SCCA's SSB I could drive the car to the event (yeah, and not wad it) like you do for an AutoX so no $16k car hauler or truck needed. I've got two free & clear cars (one 95 one 98 ) that I could run, or could sell and buy a prepped car for between $7500 to $15000 depending upon which class and division I run.

I've got lines to Kuhmo and some other auto sponsors that'd pay both contingency and support money (for entry fees, etc) which would help offset racing costs for the car.

For a bike, I've got nothing. No sponsors, no trailer, no truck. I'd need to start from scratch and pay all the expenses out of pocket--and my pockets are pretty shallow with the economy in the shitter.

However, I've just found out (today, actually) that since I've got no recent credentials, then I'd have to spend $2200 for a 3 day race school for a regional SCCA/NASA license or $4500 for a national. Plus, I'd need all new SA2005 helmet, suit, gloves, shoes, mask, underwear etc--and that all adds up (probably $2k at a guess).

That puts me back towards MRA, and I could try to pick up a cheap track bike, but I work Saturdays (so I miss half the schedule) and I'd still need trailer/truck/crew etc.

SO...unless there's something I'm missing, I'm most likely I'm not racing again this year...:(

I may still be a pit monkey, but that's about it. Peh.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sat Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
I'll just corner-work again this year. As much as I 'd like to race, it's not in the cards. But, I really enjoy the scene/community of the MRA and like to contribute where I can. Those of you that can't race might want to consider at least giving it a shot once. They're always looking for help.

pilot
Sat Feb 23rd, 2008, 01:19 PM
What happened to the "Good Ol' Days" when you could just strap on a leather flight helmet, a pair of goggles and a white scarf. Then, you and a bunch of other World's Fastest Indians would cram next to each other at the start as some local hottie dropped her scarf.

http://the59club.com/public_html/download.jpg

Darlin Silver
Sat Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
hey do you guys know if there's an all girl track day this year?? really wanting to learn and heard that's a good one to go to? or if you have any suggestions that would be great! thanks!

2Blue
Sun Feb 24th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I'm taking the class on March 22. Mostly for the open track days. I never been on a track and I can't wait!!!

Spicee Brown
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 07:28 PM
..thanks for your words, derek..congrats on your award. Meet you soon..Im not gonna let this fiasco stop me. Lates.

D Berns R6
Tue Feb 26th, 2008, 08:34 AM
..thanks for your words, derek..congrats on your award. Meet you soon..Im not gonna let this fiasco stop me. Lates.

That's what I like to hear. If you need anything or have questions give me a call @ 303-667-5859 (that goes for everyone else too). Thanks!

Dingle

cromer611
Tue Feb 26th, 2008, 10:00 AM
First time here : ) hope to see most of you out there.

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Feb 26th, 2008, 02:20 PM
hey do you guys know if there's an all girl track day this year?? really wanting to learn and heard that's a good one to go to? or if you have any suggestions that would be great! thanks!

Not sure if there's one here or not but I know they have in vegas every year through Fem moto. I heard nothing but good things about it.

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Feb 26th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I planing on doing as many rounds as I can in 08 and full season in 09.

Horn_E_NINJA
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I am putting an 06 R6 together and hope to get into the 18 April MRA class. Just have to find a few more parts. Then I plan to race at each track at least once this season.

Mel
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 12:07 PM
... pit for Team My Little Pony... if they're racing this year...which is unconfirmed....

There will be at least some racing..... :)

firefghtr
Sat Mar 29th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I am working on it very aggresivly for having kindoff a late start. got all my gear. will be getting a new bike this week and then just need to get my licence.