PDA

View Full Version : America needs a leader like this

mayhem
Tue Feb 12th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Prime Minister John Howard - Australia,Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks. Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on america, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians'. 'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'. 'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language! 'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.' 'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE''If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.' Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

~Barn~
Tue Feb 12th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Worst.
Copy.
Paste.
Ever.

mayhem
Tue Feb 12th, 2008, 04:55 PM
lol, fixed. hukked on fonics, ben berry berry goo too mee

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Feb 12th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Worst.
Copy.
Paste.
Ever.

Perhaps, but I like the meat and potatoes of it! Nice find.

Mental
Wed Feb 13th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I have served with Aussies in Oklahoma and Africa and there is some substance to this. Aussies are among the most accepting, generous peaple I have met. And oh dear god can they drink.

If you look at the history of US conflicts, only one nation has backed us in every conflict we have been involved in, and its not England. Its Austrailia. They are currently in Iraq and Afghnaistan. The served in Somalia, Gulf War 1 & 2, Vietnam and Korea as well.

Ever notice we don't have any military bases in that part of the world? We don't need them, the Aussies have it covered.

They have been hit by terror as well.

The bombing in Bali targeted “corrupting Western influences” and aimed to disrupt Indonesia. It was the worst slaughter of Australians since World War II: 30 Australians confirmed dead, 180 missing and 113 injured. Given the size of Australia's population, this is comparable to the loss of American lives in 9/11. Australia blames the Jemaah Islamiah (JI), an extremist Islamic group affiliated with al-Qaeda. The JI denies responsibility, but it has a history of anti-Australian attacks and propaganda. Jihadists target Australia for the same reason they target the U.S.: Australia is viewed as an obstacle to Islamic rule in South East Asia....

From http://www.defenddemocracy.org/publications/publications_show.htm?doc_id=155671

Whenever I pionted this out to any Austraillian, they have always had the same response. Almost verbatum. They say it will be America and Austraillia shoulder to shoulder defending freedom. They mean it too. Currently they have a very aggresive exchange program with the US military and are serving our forces in many units across all four our military branches, stationed here in the US, including AWACS and they do a damm fine job of it.

dragos13
Wed Feb 13th, 2008, 12:30 PM
John Howard for president 2008!!!!!!!!!

King Nothing
Wed Feb 13th, 2008, 12:38 PM
checked on snopes.com....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/australia.asp

8) Can we get this guy to come here and run for prez?

Canuck
Wed Feb 13th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Where Howard is mistaken, (if this is a true quote from him) is that there is no Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God. They all believe in the same god. All three are Mono-thesis religions and are products of one-another. They are mainly different in respects to their prophet's belief's.
Other than that it is a good statement.

phoenixr2
Wed Feb 13th, 2008, 02:38 PM
awesome copy and paste. thanks for that. agreed. can we get this guy to run also?

~Barn~
Wed Feb 13th, 2008, 02:42 PM
lol, fixed. <snip...>

Much better, thank you! I'll give it a read.

GSXRJOHNNY
Wed Feb 20th, 2008, 09:55 PM
or we can all move there.....that is if we don't adopt this attitude.

McVaaahhh
Thu Feb 21st, 2008, 08:27 AM
Too bad there will NEVER, EVER be a politician that would stand up and say that here in America.

Do I think they should? Hell, fucking, yeah!

Do I think there's a set of balls big enough between ALL of the presidential candidates right now? Hell, fucking, no!

The whole mentality in this country right now, just wouldn't support that. It's all about making EVERYONE feel special and accepted and being 100% PC, and not offending anyone. Just look at the fucking schools to see what I'm talking about. No tag, no red pens, no bad grades, everyone gets to bat, everybody can wear girls clothes if they want.

I think I'm moving to Australia...

Canuck
Thu Feb 21st, 2008, 08:59 AM
Austrailia. The commonwealth who installed major gun control legislation several years ago from a knee-jerk reaction to a few high profile shootings. Besides, they have their own problems with illegal immigration from the SE Asian countries. So I don't see much happening from the PM's comments.

~Barn~
Thu Feb 21st, 2008, 09:03 AM
:lol:

How's that joke go?

Guns don't kill people, people do. And monkeys I suppose, if they have a gun.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Bump! After a debate/friendly disagreement with a friend of mine, I like what John Howard said even more!

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia,Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks. Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on america, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians'. 'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'. 'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language! 'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.' 'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE''If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.' Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

T-Dub
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 08:26 PM
damn, almost a year. ALMOST.

lol.

I do like the sentiment though. Sheeple like to read these things and think that this is the way it "Should" be. But we, as a people, will never vote in a guy/gal that has this attitude. Maybe they will at the beginning, but after a few months in DC, they will fall into the same attitude and ways of the other politicians. Wheew, all that after two bowls of goulash. I am spent.

#1Townie
Fri Feb 13th, 2009, 12:12 PM
damn, almost a year. ALMOST.

lol.

I do like the sentiment though. Sheeple like to read these things and think that this is the way it "Should" be. But we, as a people, will never vote in a guy/gal that has this attitude. Maybe they will at the beginning, but after a few months in DC, they will fall into the same attitude and ways of the other politicians. Wheew, all that after two bowls of goulash. I am spent.

thats stuff is good...

o yeah and what that aussie said BUT LOUDER!!!!!

it is funny to look back at the last year and to see some of the comments made.. i like the part acout being pc.. that we would never vote a person in that wasnt pc.. and yet here we stand with a prez that made the comment about "typical white women" and we still voted him in... i love it.. fuck whitey!!!!!!!!