PDA

View Full Version : Tires (or Tyres) questions...

DavidofColorado
Sun Feb 17th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I am in need of a new rear tire and I was thinking about 180 instead of my 190 but I am not finalized on that. However, I am seriously thinking about getting a sport touring tire instead of the dunlap tire that is on there now. I am wondering if it will last longer and without loss of performance? Tell me what you have noticed about it if you know.
Thanks.

irdave
Sun Feb 17th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I've got a Pirelli Strada on the back of the ZRX12. Seems to work great.

And a 180/55 will turn in a bit better than a 190/50... Regular crap.

DavidofColorado
Sun Feb 17th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Thats what I hear. I am not really interested in loosing the big tire look though.

mtnairlover
Sun Feb 17th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I like the Avon sport touring cuz they grip no matter what time of year. The wear on them is about 8k miles and performance is not lacking until I get new ones.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-tires/avon-storm-st.htm

Warren
Sun Feb 17th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I've been pretty happy with my bridgestone bt 21 on the front of my bike and the bt20 on the rear is alright too. I got about 7000 miles out of my first rear tire and the front only needed to be replaced at that time because it was really cupped (it seems that running a little more pressure has helped that). I still liked my qualifiers better, but for the winter time the sport touring tires are a nice compromise.

dirkterrell
Sun Feb 17th, 2008, 06:43 PM
My VFR came with the Bridgestone BT020's that Warren mentioned. Looks like I'll also get about 7000 miles out of the rear one. It is the first oem tire that I have been satisfied with. You might want to look at one of the dual compound sport-touring tires like the BT021 or the Michelin Pilot Road 2. I'm going to give the latter a try on the VFR this year.

Dirk