PDA

View Full Version : We need your clothes donations

Toxicgirl
Fri Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:52 PM
Hello all from Colorado. Coming up in May Sickgirlz will be collecting clothes/food items for Sox Place. We will be listing drop off locations in the near future. (motorcycle dealerships, shops in the Denver metro area) In the meantime….. time for Spring cleaning!! Clean out those closets!! Sox Place needs men’s, women’s and baby clothes. Check out our blog post for more information on event or Sox Place. We do have a paypal donation button on www.myspace.com/sickgirlz_co (http://www.myspace.com/sickgirlz_co) as well. Thank you for your generosity.

SOX PLACE

NEEDS LIST

WWW.SOXPLACE.COM

ALWAYS MONEY
Food: Pasta's, Macaroni, Spaghetti, Egg noodles
Pinto beans, Rice, Cream of mushroom soup, and
Assorted soup, Spaghetti sauce, Tuna, Ground beef,
Cheese etc...
Zip-lock bags (small & large)

Clothes Items: Coats, Men & women’s Jeans,
Blank T-shirts, Belts, Socks, winter gloves & hats etc...

Blankets, Backpacks, Sleeping Bags

Hygiene Items: Shampoo, Conditioner, lotions,
Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Body soap, combs,
Brushes etc...

Baby Items: Baby clothes, Diapers all sizes, Receiving blankets, Blankets, Baby shampoo, Lotions, Powder, Wipes etc…
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb284/colorado_CR/punksflyer.jpg

Toxicgirl
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Begining March 22nd you can drop off any donations at the following locations.

Colorado Powersports
Performance Cycle
Grand Prix
Foothills BMW

Thanks! :)

64BonnieLass
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I have TONS of stuff I can give.

Would this be tax-deductible by chance?

MissMandy
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Yes - please email us (sickgirlz_co@yahoo.com) with a list of the items you are donating and the value and we will email you back a receipt. Thanks! :)

Toxicgirl
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Yes, it will be tax deductible. I will have to get all that information from Sox Place how they issue receipts, etc. Thank you so much.

Suki
Sun Mar 9th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Hey Brandi, bump this as it gets closer, i've got it in my calendar. but i'll have a TON (well, maybe 1-2 trash bags) of boy clothing. let me know if thats accepted. Sizes range from 8-14 in boys.

:)

Toxicgirl
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Hey Brandi, bump this as it gets closer, i've got it in my calendar. but i'll have a TON (well, maybe 1-2 trash bags) of boy clothing. let me know if thats accepted. Sizes range from 8-14 in boys.

:)

Thanks Suki. Yes, they do need children's clothes! Thank you so much! :)

500rgurl
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I still have stuff for you guys! :)

Toxicgirl
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I still have stuff for you guys! :)
Cool, thanks for saving the stuff.

Toxicgirl
Wed Mar 19th, 2008, 09:17 AM
SickGirlz is collecting donations for Sox Place!

Sox Place is a daytime drop-in center for street youth. They range in age from 12 to 30 and belong to the youth sub-culture known as "street kids." Many have been abandoned by parents/guardians, some are victims of the foster care system and most have been tossed aside by society. Addictions to drugs, alcohol, violence and sex are a part of their everyday lives. Most are just trying to survive! A hot meal and a safe place is provided Monday through Saturday. There are activities such as movies, video games, foosball, pool and ping pong. Staff and volunteers spend their time interacting with the youth and building friendships in order to provide healthy and constructive relationships. Sox Place provides: meals, a clothing bank, personal hygiene supplies, Internet access, Mentoring and Guidance, crisis intervention and referrals to other services.

Sox Place can always use the following:

Pasta
Macaroni
Egg Noodles
Tomato Sauce
Spaghetti Sauce
Tuna
Soup

Baby Clothes
Diapers/Wipes
Baby Lotion/Powder
Shampoo/Conditioner
Toothbrushes/Paste
Lotion/Soap
Brushes/Combs

Cheese
Pinto Beans
Rice
Canned Food
Boxed Food
Prepared Meals
Zip-lock Bags

Blank T-Shirts
Jeans
White Tube Socks
Coats/Gloves/Hats
Blankets
Sleeping Bags§ Backpacks

Donation Locations:

Colorado Powersports – 2050 W. 104th Ave; Thornton 80234

Foothills BMW – 1435 Wadsworth Blvd; Lakewood 80214

Grand Prix Motorsports – 3105 W. County Line Rd; Littleton 80129

Performance Cycle – 1990 S. Broadway; Denver 80210

Other Events:
March 29th @ 10:30 AM – FROST Ride
Meet at Kolache Factory @ 92 Wadsworth Blvd.; Denver 80226
We will ride to each donation location and make a drop and check out bikes!

April 26th @ 9:00 AM – Colorado Powersports Breakfast
Ride up to Colorado Powersports to join us for coffee and donuts before heading out to ride!

May 2nd @ 7:00 PM – Punks Alive Concert
Rock and Roll Grill @ 1531 Champa Street – We will announce all donations made!

rybo
Wed Mar 19th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Alrighy,

I've been collecting things here at work and have 5 big garbage bags full of clothing items to donate. The quest continues, but I'll be dropping some stuff off this weekend!

Scott

Toxicgirl
Wed Mar 19th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Wow, thanks so much. Not sure if all that will fit in the bin. Let me know when you plan to drop the stuff off and I will have to go grab it from the location. :)

rybo
Wed Mar 19th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I can drop it off to you directly if you want...PM me an address of the best place and I'll be happy to bring it to you.

s

Toxicgirl
Wed Mar 19th, 2008, 09:38 AM
If you can take them to Foothills BMW that would work best for me. I live right down the street so I can grab it late Saturday.

rybo
Thu Mar 20th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Bumpin' this up, the quest here is going well and I'm now up to about 10 bags full of stuff. There is a mix of kids and adult clothes. I'm not 100% sure I'll make it to denver this weekend, but if I do I'll let you know when so that I don't overwhelm foothills.

Toxicgirl
Thu Mar 20th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Cool! 10 bags! Yes let me know when you plan to come down. You can probably just drop it off at Sox Place. They are open on Saturdays.

Toxicgirl
Fri Mar 21st, 2008, 03:45 PM
I just got a call from Foothills to come pick up like 10 bags of stuff. Was that you?? :) ha ha, got me on a mission picking stuff up already! Looks like this is going to be very successful! Thank you!

rybo
Fri Mar 21st, 2008, 05:53 PM
hey,

Just got home and yes that was me. I'm sorry it happened a day early, but I happened to end up in denver today and had the stuff with me. I hope it wasn't too much of a hassle.

Thanks for doing this!

Scott

Toxicgirl
Tue Mar 25th, 2008, 01:08 PM
What: Ride for Sox Place

When: Saturday, March 29, 10:30 AM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

http://sportbikes.meetup.com/198/calendar/7443358/

Who should come: Everyone

Toxicgirl
Thu Apr 10th, 2008, 10:04 AM
All the bins are out at the spots. I hope they are filling up. Please clean out your closets and pantrys and donate before the end of the month. :)

Toxicgirl
Mon Apr 21st, 2008, 12:15 PM
Our drive ends this weekend. If you have any donations please drop them off at one of the locations below before EOD Saturday. Thanks

Performance Cycle
Grand Prix
Colorado Powersports Denver
Colorado Powersports Boulder
Foothills BMW

Dracus
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I have tons of clothes and shoes and stuff in big trash bags. I'll drop them off at CO Powersports on 104th.

Kevin
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I've got three bags full of children's clothing - boys, size 4-5, girl's, size 5-7, shoes, and some men's clothing. If you can use them, can I drop them off at performance late sunday? I know you said this was the last weekend for the drive, and I don't know - is performance open on sunday?

Toxicgirl
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 08:57 AM
we havn't picked up the bins from Performance or Grand Prix yet. I think Grand Prix is open on Mondays now.

Dracus
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Sorry, I got busy with home improvement projects this weekend and totally spaced taking the clothes over there :(