PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

JPrider
Sat Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:37 PM
Does anyone know any other way to get to your back seat compartment without the key? I left my only freaken key inside the back seat compartment. Somebody please help...trying to ride tomorrow, but without the key I can't do crap.:banghead:

CanAm
Sat Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
You might try a locksmith or the dealer. So you may be S.O.L. for tomorrow. Don't force it or it may cost you even more.

dchd1130
Sat Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Well on my 954 you can get in through the main seat. There are two allen bolts that hold the seat on. You have to pull the foam forward right at the back of the seat in order to see them.

JPrider
Sat Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
Well on my 954 you can get in through the main seat. There are two allen bolts that hold the seat on. You have to pull the foam forward right at the back of the seat in order to see them.

I will try taking out the main seat and see if I can get to the cable or something.

You might try a locksmith or the dealer. So you may be S.O.L. for tomorrow. Don't force it or it may cost you even more.
Your right, I was getting ready to brake the rear cowl and try to get to the cable that way, but it's going to be more expensive...I was also putting in a small flat head screw driver and tried it that way, but I did not want to force it.
I will keep you guys posted...thanks for advice.

dchd1130
Sat Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
On the 954 it goes right into the trunk. If its the same you will be able to just reach in and grab the key]\

JPrider
Sat Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:10 PM
I got the key!!!! Took the main seat out and the battery and I saw the cable to the lock...pulled the cable out the back seat came off. Thanks for the help all!!!

JP
Now I can ride tomorrw!!!