PDA

View Full Version : WHEEELS

buctooff
Mon Apr 28th, 2003, 02:37 AM
hey fellas, I was just wondering if someone out there had aftermarket wheels, and if there worth all that dough you pay. Is the handling way better because of the weight diff.? and what brands you would recommend.

CSUAdam
Tue Apr 29th, 2003, 05:27 PM
I think MileHighGSXR has some marchesini wheels. You might want to talk to him.

UglyDogRacing
Wed Apr 30th, 2003, 02:28 PM
These are nice; BST Carbon Wheels. Only $3795 a pair. :D

http://www.indysuperbikes.com/images/rimfin2.jpg

CSUAdam
Wed Apr 30th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I'm planning on picking up a pair of those next week! Now all I have to do is find the other $3794.63 under the cushions of my couch. :lol:

buctooff
Thu May 1st, 2003, 03:03 AM
ouch! for that price the company better send a bikini clad rep 4 a little polishin :P for the wheels of course. :evil:

jwimbauer
Fri May 2nd, 2003, 10:50 AM
hey fellas, I was just wondering if someone out there had aftermarket wheels, and if there worth all that dough you pay. Is the handling way better because of the weight diff.? and what brands you would recommend.

Last year we ran a set of Marchesinis and a set of Dymag wheels on our Superbike and Endurance SVs. To give you an example. At Summit Point - we used a gearing of 15/49 with stock wheels before hitting the rev-limiter at the braking point. With the Dymags we could run a 15/47 gearing to get to the same RPMs - which translates into 640RPM more and equals to about 13mph more at the end of the straight.

The front wheel (2lbs diff) with lighter rotors (1-2lbs diff) will make a huge diff in turn in and braking (at least it felt like that at the track).

For occasional track usage and performance riding - I would go with better rotors which will buy you better braking and better spinnup/slow down unsprung weight.

Our dymags/march were about $1900.00/set

thanks

Jurgen
www.teaminfotech.com

Hoopty
Fri May 2nd, 2003, 11:16 AM
Jurgen, what do you reccomend as "better" rotors?

jwimbauer
Fri May 2nd, 2003, 12:45 PM
Jurgen, what do you reccomend as "better" rotors?

Hmmm, I won't bash any manufacturers at a forum. We have ran almost every available rotors there is over the last 8 years and the following two would be at the top of my list.

- BrakeTech pro-lite
- Braking Waved superlite

We are sponsored with Braking this year so it is a bit difficult for me to sound credible. However, last race we ran an organic compound pad which turned out to be too soft and were after 3 hours down to the baking plate which was scrubbed down to about 1.5mm where the piston starting to stamp through the metal. The rotor took an insane abuse but didn't warp nor show any scratches. We were really impressed (and pissed of course).

Hope that helps.

Jurgen