PDA

View Full Version : Want to split a motogp.com subscription?

jbnwc
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I bit the bullet the last two years and purchased my own motogp.com subscription, but with the weak dollar and the increasing prices for the low-res crap, I am no longer willing to shell out $75. If you'd like to split a subscription, PM me!

~Barn~
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Yo Ralph...
Is there any way that we (as the CSC) can pitch in on a subscription that you manage, and then as the complete races are made available for DL, you can host them someplace central for us contributors to re-DL, and watch at our convenience?
:dunno:

VFR
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 12:44 PM
On another board everyone that wanted to chip in got the log in and password.

It was just a buck each

jbnwc
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 12:49 PM
On another board everyone that wanted to chip in got the log in and password.

It was just a buck each

That sounds like a heckuva idea. Considering I've already given motogp about $150 for crappy video the last 2 years, I'd feel pretty good about spending a buck.

~Barn~
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 01:06 PM
How many simultanious (sp?) logins, will the MotoGP website support, with the same credentials?

merlin
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 01:30 PM
How many simultanious (sp?) logins, will the MotoGP website support, with the same credentials?

I'd suggest having someone manage the account, and upload the video to an FTP server all contributors had logins for- then there's only ever one connection to the MotoGP.com server.

However it's done, if we split a (high-res?) subscription amongst a bunch of people- I'm in.

Merlyn

jbnwc
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I was looking into the high-res and I think that makes it a little tricky unless someone has software to record streaming video.

VFR
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 01:38 PM

Most I have seen at one time is four....Most people saw the races/qualifiers on TV so we had a bracket made each week to who wanted to search the site on what day and time for the first 4 days after the races. But you can also make it smaller.....5 bucks each would only give you 15 people able to long on...Then you can give each person an hour a day or however you want to bracket it off.

~Barn~
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Well I wouldn't be too concerned about watching the realtime races on the site. When I do catch them live, I'm satisfied with the network broadcasts. I record a majority of them to be honest, and just watch them later in the day.

The "Managed account/FTP idea though, is really what I'd be interested in. If the .AVI could be hosted shortly after the race is concluded, I'd be just as happy to go get it whenever I have time and then watch the file at that point. Heck, it could be the following Monday or Tuesday....

It's not like I'm going to catch the race results on typical TV, and unless somebody titled a thread on here that "spoiled" the results, it'd be perfect.

jbnwc
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Ok - I went ahead and purchased an account - so if you want in it'll be $10 each. PM me for the login.