PDA

View Full Version : Need cheap lodging for WSBK or R2SL in SLC??

jbnwc
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I'm thinking of renting a house for the week of R2SL and WSBK this year and want to get a gauge to see if anyone else is interested. The thought of staying in a tiny hotel room for a week doesn't appeal to me, but I can't justify the cost of a house by myself.

I'd like to get a 4-5 bedroom house or townhouse and rent out the rooms for about $30-50/room per night. The bigger the house and the more the people, the cheaper it will be. I'd also like to get a place with a garage so we have a place for our bikes rather than leaving them out in the open at some hotel. The location will be Salt Lake City, approx. 30-45 minutes from MMP. You also would NOT have to stay the whole time. Priority goes to those who want to stay from WSBK weekend through R2SL, but if you only will be there for one or the other that would be fine, too. If you are at all interested, please PM me. You do not have to commit at this point.

~Barn~
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Hmm?...

Have you considered looking for your rental in Tooele, instead of SLC? You'd only be a ~10 minutes away from the track then, and the closer proximity means you could hit it up for meal breaks, showers, resting, etc... throughout each day.

I'm just thinking it'd be more convenient, and you would get a lot more use out of the place, if you didn't have to go all the way out to Salt Lake to get there. (?)

I could totally go for something like that, if I can make it out to R2SL!

jbnwc
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Yeah Barn, I looked at Tooele, but there really aren't any houses that I can rent for 7 days any closer than SLC. It's not a bad drive and it's worth it. I've stayed in motels near the SLC airport in past years, but I'd rather spend a little less and split a great big house with a few people. Even if only with 4 people it is totally worth it. Being crammed into one room is just no way to live! Besides, the hotel rooms in Tooele(if you can get one) are going for nearly as much as a house in SLC.

jbnwc
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Speaking of 'cheap' lodging - I just got off the phone with the only hotel that still has rooms in Tooele during WSBK weekend. They want $160/night for a regular room!

chad23
Mon Feb 25th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Myself and a few others are riding that way. I'll talk to them, and see what they say. They have made the trip before and I'm the FNG. I'll holla with more info, Great Idea

Sortarican
Tue Feb 26th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Convert to Mormonism and they'll put you up at the Tabernacle for free.:lol:

jbnwc
Tue Feb 26th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Convert to Mormonism and they'll put you up at the Tabernacle for free.

Yikes - One of the houses is actually right next to one of their temples - extra parking spaces!

C'mon guys - we are talking a 5000 sq. ft of house - 5 beds, 5 baths, 2 kitchens, 3 car garage. If we split it 5 ways will only be $50 each! I'd like to see a hotel beat that deal!

~Barn~
Tue Feb 26th, 2008, 03:44 PM
If I was you, (and you have the capital for it), I would just get the place.

Then just post up on here, on the MRA board, a Utah motorcycle board, the SLC Craigslist page, etc... That you have rooms to rent.

No need to gouge, but it would definitely be my way of paying for my stay, and giving some folks a place to bunk-up on the cheap. I mean for $50-per-night (if that's how that was supposed to read), how could you *Not* get takers?
:dunno:

jbnwc
Tue Feb 26th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Barn - I'm definitely booking a place, but I'm still deciding between the 4 bedroom regular house or the 5 bed mansion. If I get enough interest I'll go for the bigger place. Are you in?

~Barn~
Tue Feb 26th, 2008, 06:06 PM
When is R2SL again?

jbnwc
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 09:02 AM
WSBK is May 29-Jun1; R2SL is June 4-5. I'm planning on going to SLC on Thursday, May 28 and staying the whole week through R2SL. I hear there are some great canyon roads near SLC that I'd like to hit up on Monday and Tuesday.

salsashark
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 09:11 AM
:cry:

I wanna go so bad... haven't stopped thinking about this since you called yesterday... stoopid school!

jbnwc
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 09:46 AM
School will still be here a year from now... WSBK might not.

~Barn~
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 10:38 AM
If I can get some seat time with somebody for R2SL, I'll definitely be trying to go. Gotta get all that lined up first though.