PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli Diablo's, Which one???

JPrider
Tue Feb 26th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Trying to decide which Pirelli's tires to get for the kind of riding I do and with this crazy weather.
Went out last weekend and I was sliding all over the place.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

JP

pilot
Thu Feb 28th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Last fall I had the opportunity to participate in the press introduction of the Diablo Rosso tire at the Streets of Willow Springs. I can say that the photojournalists/racers that were there were all smiling about the tire (and the free lunch). Several write-ups are continuing to come out about the Rossos.

In this month's issue of the Robb Report on Motorcycles you can find a short article, written by Aurthur Coldwell, on them in the back of the magazine. The GSXR that Coldwell rode is pictured below.

http://img2.putfile.com/main/11/31703552984.jpg

Pirelli's technical department says that these tires are designed for the rider who wishes to do a majority of their active riding on the street with occasional track days. The tread pattern, compounding and shape are designed to provide durability and strong grip in a variety of weather conditions. The sidewalls on the rear provide a greater percentage of contact patch which has led to faster lap times than previous Diablos.

http://img2.putfile.com/main/11/31703391888.jpg

Here is an excellent presentation by Pirelli Tires about the Rosso and the Enhanced Patch Technology (EPT) design that it uses.

http://www.pirellityre.com/web/motorcycle/diablo_rosso/default.page?utm_source=Pirelli.com&utm_medium=splash

I hope you enjoy your new tires and the ride performance that they give to you.:)

JPrider
Thu Feb 28th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the info...this is good stuff. :up:

JP

Knuckle Dragger
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I had the Diablo's Super Corsa on my ZX9R and really loved them and good tread life and good grip to the road. Right now I have Metzler's on my busa and trying those out at the moment (came with the bike). I am leaning towards putting the Diablo's on for next season. Like what Piolt had to say about the Rossa's.

Priller_Nate
Sat Mar 1st, 2008, 07:25 PM
I have the regular Diablos on my Aprilia and they are great tires. They stick great even when ice cold (comparatively) and even when riding through TORRENTIAL downpours. I'll almost definitely replace them with the same when its time (which it almost is). I MIGHT consider the Diablo stradas for the rear at least as I ride exclusively on street and the extra mileage would be nice without sacrificing performance.

ihavealegohead
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Bump.. Need to get a set as well.. Best place to get Diablo Rosso ? I get 10% off at GPM (Dana's archnemesis --> I just made that word up for Dana <--) Any other Denver locations?

update: $245 + install at GPM for b 180/55 f 120/70

ihavealegohead
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 01:55 PM
..... and speaking of Tires. How much skill is involved in putting them on a bike? Is it best just to go for the CHEAPEST tire, or is there value in how it's mounted? Does the install include balance as well?

TFOGGuys
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 02:07 PM
We can do the Rossos for $332.96, including taxes, disposal, mounting on the bike, and electronic spin balancing. Standard Diablos would run $311.44. If you pull the wheels yourself and bring them in off the bike, you save $17 each. We have the Diablos in stock, along with Metzeler M3s and several other options, Rossos are 2-3 working days out.

arata954
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 02:30 PM
hey pilot, i picked up roadracing world's magazine that had the rosso article in it. i didnt know that you were in on that little bit of fun. lucker f@cker.. but that article made my mind up for my next set of shoes for my fireblade when the time comes.

JPrider
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Bump.. Need to get a set as well.. Best place to get Diablo Rosso ? I get 10% off at GPM (Dana's archnemesis --> I just made that word up for Dana <--) Any other Denver locations?

update: $245 + install at GPM for b 180/55 f 120/70

How much for 190/50 & 120/70?

JP

JPrider
Fri Mar 14th, 2008, 07:16 PM
We can do the Rossos for $332.96, including taxes, disposal, mounting on the bike, and electronic spin balancing. Standard Diablos would run $311.44. If you pull the wheels yourself and bring them in off the bike, you save $17 each. We have the Diablos in stock, along with Metzeler M3s and several other options, Rossos are 2-3 working days out.

TFOG
PM sent interested in tires; need them ASAP. I hope you can hook me up!

JP