PDA

View Full Version : R2SL Registration

Redflash3
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 05:23 PM
So is 3/1/08 still the start date to start registering for the events?

rforsythe
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 06:21 PM
It will probably be pushed back just a bit while we finalize some late-changing details.

jbnwc
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 06:41 PM
C'mon Ralph! I was counting down to Saturday!

Archangel
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 11:07 AM
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=31628

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

konichd
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 11:43 AM
FYI - NESBA has two track days scheduled for Miller this year.

http://www.nesba.com/info/trackevents.aspx

I know Ken, Terra, Sank, and myself are members and plan on going to both this year.

Sad news and pretty poor on R2SL for releasing dates and then canceling.

rforsythe
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 02:18 PM
This was unforeseen, but necessary. At the time the dates were released, we had every reason to believe they would go forward as planned. However, things happen, and we aren't the first organization to release dates and then have to alter plans as things progress.

We're disappointed at this, but it's in the best interest of R2SL, our participants, and the charities we support. We did not come to the decision lightly either. However we are working on some other possibilities for 08, and VIR will certainly be a kick ass event.

We're all very sorry to those that were making plans, but hopefully this is far enough in advance that nobody should be too put out by the news.

konichd
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I guess I fail to see it from your standpoint Ralph. Now to start canceling hotel reservations and resubmitting my vacation days.

How is this good for "participants" if most people from Colorado can't participate? VIR is the LAST event you should have kept......

Either way I wish R2SL the best this year. Most of us "core volunteers" will be at a wedding that weekend ;)

rforsythe
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Well, if we can't schedule the facilities we need, we can't get as many people out there, ergo we raise a lot less money and our charitable donations drop massively. Remember, we aren't just a track day provider, we try to give away most of the money we take in. There is a narrow margin of parameters in which that actually works. VIR was kept because those parameters align with what we need. If we can line up another venue closer to home that fits, we'll go there too. This isn't my first choice for how things go, but I am quite certain that it is absolutely in the best interests of continuing to run the kinds of events we do, and making the kinds of donations we do.

"Participants" extends beyond just the Colorado riders, we have people around the world who come in for these events. Like I said I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but this is the end result that had to come of the circumstances that developed. I'm sure you have strong feelings about it, but this is what it is.

Redflash3
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 04:21 PM
FYI - NESBA has two track days scheduled for Miller this year.

http://www.nesba.com/info/trackevents.aspx

I know Ken, Terra, Sank, and myself are members and plan on going to both this year.

Sad news and pretty poor on R2SL for releasing dates and then canceling.

Does Miller-AMA $215 mean full track as opposed to $ 165 East?

konichd
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Correct Brian! NESBA membership is $150 and your good to go. Lots of fun and very well organized. I had a blast and look forward to going to Miller twice this year. :)

swademaster
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 04:54 PM
That sucks that Miller and MPH got got cancelled. I had planned for MPH.

jbnwc
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 08:48 PM
That's a bum deal for everyone involved - especially the kids. I guess I might have enough vacation to go to Indy afterall.

COS Mille
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Damn......Too far to go to. Guess I can put the $$ into local track time then.....