PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs Up to Teknic Customer Service

Anonymous
Mon Apr 28th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Just wanted to share a positive experience I recently had with Teknic customer service:

When I crashed at PPIR a few weeks ago, I lost the toe slider off 1 boot and calf slider off both boots. My boots are a few years old (the "Silverstone" model - 1999 or 2000, I think) and the current catalogs don't carry replacement calf sliders (the toe sliders are the same as the current Lightning boot).

Customer service for Teknic is handled by Specialty Sports Ltd. I've dealt with them in the past (another positive experience), so I called up Bill Ringrose, the Customer Service Manager, and explained my situation. He said he'd take a look in the warehouse to see if there were any laying around. He called me back the same day with the good news that he'd found a box of Silverstone boot parts (that were destined for the garbage). He shipped me 2 sets of replacements for each boot (calf & toe) free of charge :D .

:up: :up: Teknic Customer Service.

For warrenty stuff, you're supposed to go to the retailer where you purchased the item. In this case, Performance wasn't able to get the parts for me (because they only have the current catalog to work with), but they did give me the phone number for Teknic. Here's the contact info: http://www.teknicgear.com/pages/warranty.html

yakuza
Mon Apr 28th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Now that's customer service!! You hear so many negative stories about businesses, I think it's really awesome that we promote the ones that do an excellent job. :up:

TWISTED
Mon Apr 28th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Good customer service like that is hard to come buy. Usually they would just try to sell you the 'newer' model.

Jom