PDA

View Full Version : Parking Downtown???

FnFast
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Greetings, all. Long time, no type ;)

I recently started a job downtown (18th and Arapahoe) and would like to ride to work on occasion, but I'll be danged if I can find any place to park my bike. Unless it's a scooter, there doesn't appear to be anywhere to park.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

rforsythe
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Check the garage under the Qwest building (the smaller one), they were letting bikes park next to the guard booth a while ago when I worked there pretty cheap and the guy will watch it for you.

Big-J
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I work in the Qwest building and I know they have motorcycle parking in the garage, but not sure how much it is. I have worked downtotwn for 7 years and have no idea where any of the free or cheap parking spots are, I have always had parking through work.

FnFast
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I am out of town every other week, so my employer won't cough up the dough for a parking spot in my building (Granite Tower). I'll check the Qwest building, though. Where is the smaller Qwest building? I only know of the monster on Champa.

Big-J
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I am out of town every other week, so my employer won't cough up the dough for a parking spot in my building (Granite Tower). I'll check the Qwest building, though. Where is the smaller Qwest building? I only know of the monster on Champa.

Its actually between California and Stout on 18th. Not sure where the other Qwest building is, I think they have a place on Grant.

FnFast
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Yep, you're right, it is on Stout. I always get Champa and Stoud cornfused ;)

So, is the Grant location where rforsythe was talking about?

FnFast
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Now I feel foolish - I just saw some related posts to this, and I probably have my answer. Thanks for responding, though. Keep the rubber side down!!

Darlin Silver
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 01:05 PM
the parking under rock bottom on 16th and champa has motorycle parking, it's a nice seperate place close to the attendants down there, i think it's a couple bucks a day

All-Labout-me
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Parking under Independence plaza (a.k.a Rock bottom) is $4 a day. I park there every day.

FnFast
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 01:50 PM
News Flash - I just worked a deal with the parking attendant in the basement of my building. He said as long as I could get around the arm bars that keep cars in and out, I could park there for free. The sportbike won't be a problem, but parking my bagger might get interesting...

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Parking under Independence plaza (a.k.a Rock bottom) is $4 a day. I park there every day.

Doug...long time man. How ya been? You down for another year with the MRA?

Randy

All-Labout-me
Fri Feb 29th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I'll be out there. I have to get my paperwork in this week and pull out the bike and get it ready for the season.
Oh and freshin up the bucket of money for the year.

Spiderman
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Check the garage under the Qwest building (the smaller one), they were letting bikes park next to the guard booth a while ago when I worked there pretty cheap and the guy will watch it for you.
Can anybody confirm that this is still the case (cheap parking under the Qwest building on 18th, between California & Stout)? I have training downtown next week 2 blocks from there (@ 18th & Curtis), so cheap parking, not too far away would be idea. :up:

TIA 8)

Big-J
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Can anybody confirm that this is still the case (cheap parking under the Qwest building on 18th, between California & Stout)? I have training downtown next week 2 blocks from there (@ 18th & Curtis), so cheap parking, not too far away would be idea. :up:

TIA 8)

I work in the Qwest building and parking isn't cheap. They just raised the rates for monthly parking and Im pretty sure they did they same for daily rates.

Pachuco
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I agree, they just raised the prices. it was $4 a day for bikes. not sure what they raised it to. i stopped parking there 2 weeks ago.
the chase bank building on 17th and Arapahoe i believe is 2 day for bikes.

Spiderman
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:31 PM
:|

Any other options close to 18th, between Curtis & Champa?

303Lurch
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 10:33 AM
The parking management company just raise the qwest garage to $6. That sucks! It used to be $2 forever, then raised to $4 mid summer and now $6. wtf...

DevilsTonic
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 10:35 AM
The bike parking in the Park Central building on 15th and Arapahoe was $4 a day when I stopped working there two months ago. Check there. If it's too cold to ride, I used to park my truck at the DCPA (Arapahoe & 14th) for $5 a day (early bird). In before 9 out before 6 it's only $5.

Spiderman
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 12:28 PM
The parking management company just raise the qwest garage to $6. That sucks! It used to be $2 forever, then raised to $4 mid summer and now $6. wtf...
Dude, that's messed up! :guns: effin highway robbery!

The bike parking in the Park Central building on 15th and Arapahoe was $4 a day when I stopped working there two months ago. Check there. If it's too cold to ride, I used to park my truck at the DCPA (Arapahoe & 14th) for $5 a day (early bird). In before 9 out before 6 it's only $5.
Class is from 8:30 to 6:00, so I won't qualify for the early bird special. :|

RTD is looking more and more like the answer... unless I can get reimbursed for parking, in which case it doesn't really matter if I find the cheapest or not. :lol:

Spiderman
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Turns out I'm getting reimbursed for parking, so I'll be parking right across the street from where I'm getting training! :D

Thanks anyway, ya'll. 8)