PDA

View Full Version : new racer

beavisr1
Mon Mar 3rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
I want to know exactly how to get signed on for this 2008 MRA season as a new racer. I have an AMA membership. I have taken a new racer rider course via vanmar racing. Who do I need to contact to get my number plate and sign on for this up comming season?

UglyDogRacing
Mon Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
If you have completed the new racer school through Vanmar, complete the 2008 Membership forms and mail them in http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=forms_downloads

beavisr1
Mon Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:35 PM
what class should I sign up for? and what is the diff between novice gtu and gto? and what is the difference? thanks for the info btw all printed up but what do I need to check.:banghead:

D Berns R6
Mon Mar 3rd, 2008, 11:26 PM
Novice GTU is a up to 640cc class and GTO is anything above that so the 750's and 1000's. As a novice you can run both novice classes and both amateur classes. In addition to this, you can run middleweight endurance. I ran all 5 of these classes last year and had a blast. You need to fill out these documents, click here (http://www.mra-racing.org/pdf/2008_MRARaceSchoolApplicationPacket.pdf).

You have to check the following

Race school of $150 (unless Mark can pass you)
Competition License of $100
Transponder of $240 (unless you already have one, if not check it, you wont find one cheaper)
AMA membership (unless you already have a current updated one)

Don't need to check the following

Associate member (unless you don't intend to race but want voting rights)
Crew Pass (but I highly recommend to buy some especially if you plan on having a crew. I bought 3 this year mom, dad, and gf. It costs $10 every time you go through the gate as a non racer on race day, so the pass will pay for itself in 5 races, and there are still 5 races left!)

If you need anything else, call me.

303-667-5859

Dingle

McVaaahhh
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Don't think they allow NOS in the MRA though. :D

D Berns R6
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 08:22 AM

nope haha!

beavisr1
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 06:58 PM

Oh no you didn't LOL :scream1:

No this past summer I built a 1999 ZX-6R 1st pic is when I bought the bike and the other is 90% done. What is not shown is the woodcraft rear sets and yoshi pipe front fender windscreen and green rim stripes safety wired and exhaust hanger. Faster Motorsports has it now putting on the finishing touches. Enjoy.

Also I got a hold of the MRA president and he filled in most of the blanks I had questions on.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Marty-

She's looking good dude...hopefully I'll see you this year out in the pits. Unfortunately, I'll just be working the corners again this year.

How are the boys doing? Got em' on a fiddy yet?

Later,
Randy

P.S. Dude...Kawasaki, eh? Cool...You'll love this shit then man. Clicky, clicky http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=270617&postcount=1

:doublefinger:

Oh no you didn't LOL :scream1:

No this past summer I built a 1999 ZX-6R 1st pic is when I bought the bike and the other is 90% done. What is not shown is the woodcraft rear sets and yoshi pipe front fender windscreen and green rim stripes safety wired and exhaust hanger. Faster Motorsports has it now putting on the finishing touches. Enjoy.

Also I got a hold of the MRA president and he filled in most of the blanks I had questions on.