PDA

View Full Version : Racing 2 Save Lives to Cancel Two Events for 2008 Season

CBRChick
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Denver, CO – March 3, 2008 – Due to unforeseen schedule conflicts, Racing 2 Save Lives will be unable to hold the June 2008 event at Miller Motorsports Park and the July 2008 event at Motorsports Park Hastings. Racing 2 Save Lives is looking to add other unique track day events benefiting children’s charities for 2008 and will give an update as soon as new dates are confirmed. “We regret any inconvenience this may cause our participants who were making plans with us. We have many loyal riders who look forward to our events and we really appreciate their support,” said Sharon Foxworthy, President of R2SL.

Racing 2 Save Lives is looking forward to holding their four-day event at the country club setting of VIRginia International Raceway for a second season, August 10th through August 14th. The AMA Big Kahuna Suzuki Superbike Double-Header round will immediately follow the Racing 2 Save Lives event, with discount tickets available to R2SL participants.

“2007 was Racing 2 Save Lives' most successful year yet! Through the incredible work of our volunteers, generosity of our sponsors, and presence of several hundred participants, we were able to give $90,000 to children's charities across Colorado, Utah, Virginia, and North Carolina,” remarked Stan Foxworthy, Executive Director of R2SL.

Racing 2 Save Lives is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to supporting children's charities by raising awareness, involvement, and capital within the motorcycling community through donations, corporate sponsorship, and fundraising events.
For more information, go to www.racing2savelives.org (http://www.racing2savelives.org/).

Gramps
Wed Apr 9th, 2008, 12:40 PM
So what are the actual event dates for R2SL? Is this planned to be all week event at VIR?

Ralph

Anyone?

Thanks!

Tom-

:)

rybo
Wed Apr 9th, 2008, 01:04 PM
August 10-14 at VIR Tom.

Hope you can make it!

1ofTheBoys
Thu Apr 10th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Tom it would be great to see you out there. It is an awesome track.

Gramps
Thu Apr 10th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks

It would be good to see you as well.

I have heard great things about it. I was really bummed by the cancellation of the local events. I'm still in the planning stages on my end. Trying to fit it between some prior engagements.

:)