PDA

View Full Version : Interest in Racing???

Grant_Me_Revenge
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Ladies of the CSC, back in October there was some interest from alot of you possibly participating in the Ladies of the Rockies (LoR) series, the race season is right around the corner and we are hoping to see some more women signing up for the series.

If anyone is interested in racing the LoR series, even if it would be for a partial season please let us know - we want you out there!!!

There has been interest in organizing a 'ladies only' track day in April and would like to know if anyone is interested... this track time at Pueblo will be set up specifically for women who will take the steps to race for the MRA in 2008, we are needing three women to get the track time - please if you have any interest in participating this would be a great opportunity to start that process.

thanks for your support!

500rgurl
Tue Mar 4th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Come on ladies!!! Let's get out on the track and show the guys what we can do!

Sortarican
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I'd be willing to volunteer for corner work for a ladies track day.
(Unless you'll let cross-dressers run too, then I'll ride.)

Hey Cathy (Mntairlover), I have an old CBR600 F1 you could run in the LOR races.
Still needs a little work but I could probably have it ready towards the middle of the season if you want to use it.
Wouldn't be a very competitive machine, but you could get your feet wet.
If ya lay it down, no worries, it's a beater.

D Berns R6
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I'd be willing to volunteer for corner work for a ladies track day.
(Unless you'll let cross-dressers run too, then I'll ride.)

No cross-dressers because that would be :shocked:during the "tear downs" after the race! :)

mtnairlover
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Hey Cathy (Mntairlover), I have an old CBR600 F1 you could run in the LOR races.
Still needs a little work but I could probably have it ready towards the middle of the season if you want to use it.
Wouldn't be a very competitive machine, but you could get your feet wet.
If ya lay it down, no worries, it's a beater.

Great! Now I just need to dig up the finances to take a race class...hmmm. You are way too sweet, Jeff. Lemme think about it *gets up to find calculator and phone # to a good head shrink*

Sully
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 10:55 AM
pm sent :)

Ray-Ray
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Please keep in mind that your bike will have to pass the MRA tech rules before you can race. Which means safety wire, lights disconnected and taped, no kick stand, steering dampner, belly pan, ect, ect, ect. Not to mention that you will need to take an approved race class.

Let me know if I can answer any of your questions.

Thanks,
Ray-Ray

sprtbkbabe
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 04:19 PM
oh... this is gonna be some fun :bananna: We need more girls to sign up 'cause I'm gonna get real bored passing Sully all the time :tomato:

Sully
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 04:35 PM
:lol:..........:mrt:.........

What ? No kickstand ??

sprtbkbabe
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 04:39 PM
:lol:..........:mrt:.........

What ? No kickstand ??

Wait... I'll bring my womens for mechanical assistance on that :shocked:

rybo
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 04:41 PM
oh... this is gonna be some fun :bananna: We need more girls to sign up 'cause I'm gonna get real bored passing Sully all the time :tomato:

You're coming out to play?? YEEEHAAA

Which bike are you going to race?

s

Sortarican
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Wait... I'll bring my womens for that :shocked:

I volunteer to be a LOR umbrella boy.:eyebrows:
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/13/22/23402213.jpg

sprtbkbabe
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 04:46 PM
You're coming out to play?? YEEEHAAA

Which bike are you going to race?

s

Shiniqua may become a track beyotch... if the Shenaynay deal comes through :harrrrr:

sprtbkbabe
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I volunteer to be a LOR umbrella boy.:eyebrows:
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/13/22/23402213.jpg

maybe Dana will loan you his CSC G-string collection? :eyebrows:

UglyDogRacing
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Please keep in mind that your bike will have to pass the MRA tech rules before you can race. Which means safety wire, no lights, no kick stand, steering dampner, ect, ect, ect. Not to mention that you will need to take an approved race class.

Let me know if I can answer any of your questions.

Thanks,
Ray-Ray

That is incorrect. According to Section 5.2 Motorcycle Technical Requirements in the MRA Rulebook, "I. All lights and instrument lenses must be taped or removed. Brake and taillights must be disconnected."

Ray-Ray
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 05:36 AM
That is incorrect. According to Section 5.2 Motorcycle Technical Requirements in the MRA Rulebook, "I. All lights and instrument lenses must be taped or removed. Brake and taillights must be disconnected."

Correct Jim that's what I meant by no lights. I guess my point here is I don't want the ladies to think they can just hope on their street bikes and race without some work done to them.

There are plenty of people in the MRA that would be willing to help out. It's going to be a fun class to watch and I'm looking forward to watching the ladies race!

Sortarican
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Just a thought:
With new riders both in LOR and other classes needing to prep their bikes for MRA compliant race setup,
would there be any interest in a Race Prep Tech day?

Shiniqua may become a track beyotch... if the Shenaynay deal comes through :harrrrr:

Let me get this straight....you took out a restraining order against me so that I can't be within 500' of Shiniqua...yet you're going to turn her into a track bike?
(Am I really that scarey????)

rybo
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Jeff,

I'm willing to help some folks out with bike prep, but I would want to do that on a more personal basis. It's a lot of work to prep a bike and just talking about it doesn't really get it done. I'd rather offer up my garage and tools and time to one or two people at a time and help them to get their bikes ready for race season.

Interested parties can PM me and we'll work it out.

Scott

Just a thought:
With new riders both in LOR and other classes needing to prep their bikes for MRA compliant race setup,
would there be any interest in a Race Prep Tech day?

Let me get this straight....you took out a restraining order against me so that I can't be within 500' of Shiniqua...yet you're going to turn her into a track bike?

sprtbkbabe
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 05:43 PM

I thought the restraining order was 1000'...:think: DAMN!

(Not to Self: When buying new wheels, after DMV titling, file downgraded restraining order on #1 and a new one for ride #2 for a minimum of AT LEAST county line distance) bahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1