PDA

View Full Version : June FIM/AMA Superbike race in SLC

Dirty Bones
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 02:14 PM
a few of us are riding to Tooele for the super bike races...we leave fri may 30 riding to Salt Lake City in the same day (picking up a rider in Vernal, Ut on the way, canyon riding as much as possible) and come back on Mon june 2 (stay 3 nights in SLC)...the more the merrier, hit me up if you're interested in riding along...Dirty Bones (Kevin) kdhovland@yahoo.com

here is a link to the race track with info on tickets and such...
http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/3.0/index.php

arata954
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 02:22 PM
sigh.... still in iraq :(

Flyin Hawaiian
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN UP WITH YOUR CREW ON THE RIDE TO SLC! THERE MAY BE ANOTHER RIDING WITH ME BUT HE IS UP IN THE AIR.

Dirty Bones
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN UP WITH YOUR CREW ON THE RIDE TO SLC! THERE MAY BE ANOTHER RIDING WITH ME BUT HE IS UP IN THE AIR.
c'mon, it is a blast, great ridin with a few wackos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chad23
Wed Mar 5th, 2008, 06:56 PM
You already know I'm in My DIRTY brother

sigh.... still in iraq :(
Come on Mike tell your boss you want a day or two off. I'm sure he'll give you the time off.
If your not going to make it we'll take lots of pics for you

sfarson
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 06:59 PM
You may see our group along the way... 7-8 leaving on Thursday. Two days on the way, the Sat/Sun there, then two days on the way back exploring the southern Utah canyonlands (a top five ride in the country). I suspect we'll see quite a few bikes the closer we get to SLC.

R0cketScientist
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Do you mind posting the route your planning to take? Thanks.

RS

Clovis
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 09:09 PM
I was just in SLC yesterday! Albiet for an hour waiting for my connecting flight back to the Springs. Sounds like fun, ditto on the route posting!

chad23
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 11:29 AM
We plan on leaving friday morning. We're leaving out of ft.collins up hwy14 to hwy 40 out of walden, all the way to vernal utah. from there to SLC.
Might be meeting people in Steamboat, and in Vernal. If we make good time the guy we're meeting in Vernal, knows alternative twisty routes
From what bones tells me it should take 8-9 hrs

Jason ON
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 03:01 PM
I've never biked over the SLC but the drive (granted, not on twisties) is about 8 hours no matter which way you take.

Dirty Bones
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 09:15 AM
Okay, the superbike races in Tooele, UT are the weekend of May 30-June 1, we leave Friday May 30 (ridin of course) and arrive that evening (time depends on when we start and ridin conditions, figure 8-9 hours on the bike though), we will take Hwy 14 to Walden, over Rabbit Ears to Steamboat (Cameron and Rabbitt Ears will be cold), possibly meet other riders in Steamboat, probably eat in Steamboat,(this leg is about 3 hours following speed limits), then follow hwy 40 to Vernal, UT (again about 3 hours following speed limits, lots of towns in betweenfor those of you who can't stretch 180 miles out of a tank), then follow 40 to Park City, UT where we take I-80 into SLC (about 3 hours following speed limits again with another pass to go over here)...It;s about 6-7 hours if you take I-25 to I-80 and go to SLC, but that is boring (but will be alternate route depending on road conditions)...obviously we will shave a little time off of this since we usually clip along a little over the limits, and will lose time for gas stops and food stops, but it should all even out.....if we are making great time, we could revise this route to take advantage of more canyons, but there are plenty around SLC to ride also...quailifying Sat, Races Sunday, and we will leave Mon AM to come back.........looks like Cat and another will fly out, Who else is in fore sure? let me know!!!

pauliep
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
I imagine I would have to pack quite the backpack for such a trip. Wouldn't mind taking advantage of laying on the tank bag for a few hrs though. I'm up in the air about it, it sounds fun. What's the situation for hotels looking like?

pauliep
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
A friend I know out that way recommended the Red Lion in SLC (better then staying in Tooele), also saying it was close to "bars and stuff and doesn't have too steep a price."

Dirty Bones
Sat May 17th, 2008, 12:14 PM
alright, we are just a couple of weeks away from the trip to Miller Motorsports in Tooele, UT (Near Salt Lake City), a group of us have rented a six bedroom house, and are RIDING out to the FIM/AMA Superbike races...we still have room for a couple more to stay at the house, and everyone is welcome to ride along (might be a brisk pace at times LOL), we are riding out Friday May 30th in the AM from Loveland hoping to take HWY 14 up the Poudre, and HWY 40 through Steamboat and Vernal, UT as the primary route (this may change pending weather and such)...we have the house Friday, sat, and Sun nights, leaving on Mon am for the return trip home...house is fully furnished, and has a garage for bike storage...contact me (Kevin kdhovland@yahoo.com ) if you are interested in riding along and/or staying with us (the house will run us somewhere between $75-$100 a night for 3 nights ($225-$300 for weekend) depending on how many stay there)...hope to hear fom ya all soon....

chad23
Wed May 21st, 2008, 10:05 PM
just wanted to remind ya'll about this seeing how we're a week away.
world superbikes are tearing it up. don't miss it

Jeffro
Thu May 22nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
I'll be there. We are leaving Wed for some rafting and Humvee fun in Moab with the family. Hope to see some CSC'ers there.....

rlb454
Sat May 24th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I will be there too, taking my boy. I am behind the 8 ball getting tix, but hope to be in the Grantsville stands (?) at the end of the main straight. Only about 4 hrs from Grand Junction, should be a blast!

Cheers

chad23
Wed May 28th, 2008, 06:53 AM
update
The house we rented in SLC for miller races was upgraded to an 8 bedroom.so theres 4 more bedrooms up for rent. The more that come the cheaper the rent. Also we a riding out of Ft. Collins friday morning at 8. send dirtybones or myself a pm if interested