PDA

View Full Version : Tires and mounting

HDave
Tue Aug 31st, 2004, 05:47 PM
So its time for some new tires.

I like the Dunlop 208's I have been on this summer quite a bit. Perfromance has them for $105 & $85 (R&F). Is that a good deal or can I do better on the net?

Can any one recommend a shop for mount and balance? Last time I payed excel about $65 to mount a pair (I think)

Thanks!

Cyalaytr
Tue Aug 31st, 2004, 06:00 PM
do em yourself if you got a compressor and spoons. they are pretty easy and saves ya all that $$$ for gas money.

Bueller
Tue Aug 31st, 2004, 06:08 PM
That's about as cheap as you will find 'em Shipping is like $20.
TK Motorsports will do 'em fer about $30 off the bike.

HDave
Tue Aug 31st, 2004, 06:13 PM
Sounds good.
You getting out this weekend?

Thanks bro!

wulf
Tue Aug 31st, 2004, 06:39 PM
tfog does em for 20 each on the bike, and 10 each off.

HDave
Tue Aug 31st, 2004, 06:57 PM
My bad, the deal from performance is a web only deal :x I'll need to call them tomorrow and verify this, but that waht the website said.

I found the set for 195 plus 20 to ship at Chaparral. Are they a good online store?

Bueller
Tue Aug 31st, 2004, 06:58 PM
Sounds good.
You getting out this weekend?

Thanks bro!

Betcha! Sunday as usual, maybe I can get a pass for part of Monday. Don't know which ride yet, been mixing em up lately.

I just got a set of M1's for $85/$110 from Performance.

Desmo
Tue Aug 31st, 2004, 07:15 PM
My bad, the deal from performance is a web only deal :x I'll need to call them tomorrow and verify this, but that waht the website said.

I found the set for 195 plus 20 to ship at Chaparral. Are they a good online store?

Hey man i might be looking for some tires soon.. so what is the URL to that web site??
thanks

HDave
Tue Aug 31st, 2004, 09:14 PM
here are the two best proces I found on the web

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/assets/html/homepage.asp?URLCheck=1

and

http://www.performancecycle.com

I'm calling perfromance to see if they will honor the web pricing. Would seem silly if they wont. I'll let you know what I find out.

Anonymous
Tue Aug 31st, 2004, 09:58 PM
TFOG's prices are just a couple of bucks higher than Performance, and they're mounting is cheap (if you buy the tires at TFOG). If you bring your own tires, mounting will cost a bit more (dont' remember exactly how much, but it's a quick phone call to find out). 8)

HDave
Wed Sep 1st, 2004, 02:44 PM
Performance said WEB ONLY for the Dunlops. :?

Whatever, with shipping I think that makes Chapparal cheaper.

That looks to be the direction I will go very soon.

Boy Scout
Thu Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:32 PM
FWIW I got my last set of D208s at Mark's Motorcycle on Hampden - $245 F&R mounted/balanced, off-bike, while I waited. He was a couple bucks more than performance on the tires, but mounting was discounted since I bought the tires from him.

Monkey
Fri Sep 3rd, 2004, 12:34 AM
Meh.. I got my new 208s today (figured it was the best for how little time i spend in the canyons) for $214 at excel (thats tires pulled off the bike and replaced) all while I waited! It pays to know people!

HDave
Fri Sep 3rd, 2004, 07:53 AM
Excel has both front and rear for $200, 35 each for mount and balance (on bike). Good as anyone else and one stop shopping.