PDA

View Full Version : Watching for the police.

pilot
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 01:00 PM
OK, your not going to be breaking any laws anytime soon. That doesn't mean you should not be on the lookout for your local police.

In the recent firetruck/car crash I saw this paddy-"wagon". Pretty sneaky. Here is a shot of it from my balcony. Notice: the ski bars on top, blacked-out windows, regular license plates and sporty look.

http://img2.putfile.com/main/3/6514583919.jpg

http://img2.putfile.com/main/3/6514583930.jpg

They don't even wash it so it blends in even more.

Verrrry sneaky.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Oink :down:

Devaclis
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Stop on down there and offer those boys some coffee. They may be cold out there. Never hurts to be good to the guys who protect you when they can :)

Nick_Ninja
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Stop on down there and offer those boys some coffee. They may be cold out there. Never hurts to be good to the guys who protect you when they can :)

And that would go nice with those Krispy Kreams too. nah ........ I don't think so. :alien:

Suki
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 01:14 PM
wait, what? are you talking about the cop car in the first picture or the bluish/grayish car in the second. how do you know its da coppa? are you crackin wise???

just for the record, i just woke up from a nap so i'm not with it right now. :D

Devaclis
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 01:17 PM
wait, what? are you talking about the cop car in the first picture or the bluish/grayish car in the second. how do you know its da coppa? are you crackin wise???

just for the record, i just woke up from a nap so i'm not with it right now. :D

hahaha "right now" LOLOLOL

pilot
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 02:23 PM

just for the record, i just woke up from a nap so i'm not with it right now. :DHey sleepy, that gray wagon is a cop car.

Centrios
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Now all they need is a few dozed .45 sized holes in the side.

Suki
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 02:54 PM
hahaha "right now" LOLOLOL

lol, shut it dana you love me... even if i'm a tad ditzy. lol

Hey sleepy, that gray wagon is a cop car.

ohhhhh... but how do you know its a cop car? the license plate? i can't tell just by looking at it. reveal your secrets!!! ... please :)

pilot
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 03:07 PM
lol, shut it dana you love me... even if i'm a tad ditzy. lol

ohhhhh... but how do you know its a cop car? the license plate? i can't tell just by looking at it. reveal your secrets!!! ... please :)They had this guy in the SUV pulled over. Look really close in the side window and you can see the little red lights.

sprtbkbabe
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 04:14 PM
It's about time they brought out the undercovers and clean up that trashy "Ranch"

J/k!!!!!!!

Wait! That was one of the fookers riding my ass when I was ONLY doing 80 on C470 the other day... Holy Crrrrap Scotty! He/She must have been out looking for soccer mom's that day :lol:

Warren
Sat Mar 8th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I wondered if there weren't some new cars about, I saw a car like that lurking along the side of the road like they were a cop but I wasn't sure.

tarded400
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Now all they need is a few dozed .45 sized holes in the side.

That has to be the dumbest thing I've heard. I don't like most police all that well, but even joking about gunning down the people who may save your life someday is just stupid. And even if you meant to damage the car, congrats. You just cost us tax payers $5k for repairs.

chad23
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 07:24 AM
With all the wack jobs, PLAYING cop today, I wouldn't stop till a marked police car showed up. I'm way to pretty to be violated :)

FZRguy
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Is that a Suburu? LPD also has a black Ford F150 and a dark purple Intrepid...both unmarked. You’ll know if it’s a real cop…about $1500 worth of lights inside, behind the grill, etc.

Aracheon
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Um, that's a Dodge Magnum, I think.

slayermd
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 11:13 AM
i know in Westminster, they have a purple Nissan Maxima. They scare the crap out of me everytime I see one now.

DavidofColorado
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
With all the police impersonators running around I think its a recipe for disaster when cops are not using stock cars for speed traps. They are liable to get shot by some dingus who doesn't know if its a cop or a crook. Who cares if they can't be sneaky. At least it will be safer for the police when they are at a stop. All they will have to do is hide a little better.

You can always tell a cop car because most people in regular cars don't park on the sidewalk or break other traffic laws unless they are broke down.

mastap07
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
they have that gray magnum around the C-470 and Quebec area now as well as a new (black) dodge charger w black tinted windows... they pulled over a ricer by my house the other day. im not sure if they're douglas county or state troopers but ill try to find out.

jseeks37
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 07:13 PM
Douglas county also has quite a few undercover tahoes in a bunch of different colors. I cut one off last year cuz I had no idea it was a cop, it didnt end really well

pilot
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
I'm thinking riding the local canyons is just going to get harder and harder on the weekends. Ma and Pa Lookielou, trucks full of pine beetle bark, Leo the lion--with his new double the points/fine enforcement, Jeff- out of work- holding a sign "will ride for food" sitting on the third turn on Horsepower Hill, and of course more bicyclists than we can imagine.

Seems the good ride are moving a bit out to the west, Highway 9, 69, 131, 125, et al.

BugHunter
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Maybe I missed it, but what part of town was the Dodge in?

DavidofColorado
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 09:16 PM
They are everywhere. But the nicer hoods.

HOBBES
Tue Mar 25th, 2008, 08:38 PM
http://www.fjr1300.info/photos/images/Police.jpg

Apparently, this is what law enforcemnt ride in Holland! I hope they keep riding HD's on this side of the pond. I saw an unmarked newer model full size grey colored pick-up truck pull someone over in Littleton on Sante Fe Dr. It had tinted windows and the lights were the low profile type inside the cab and grille. Not much chance of spotting this one till its to late.

FZRguy
Tue Mar 25th, 2008, 09:56 PM
A number of local PD have the new BMW rides. LPD has ‘em.

pilot
Tue Mar 25th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I just saw a Littleton Motor chasing down someone on southbound Santa Fe this afternoon. He looked like he was having a hoot rolling on the throttle on that BMW.

Cutter
Fri Mar 28th, 2008, 12:39 PM
At the Colorado Mills Mall, they had all the marked and semi-marked police vehicles from the lakewood dept. They had a couple of bikes too. I had never seen a biker cop till I moved up here. Looks like thier riding Honda St1300's and Some beamer. I don't remeber what it was. I was too busy trying to remember top speeds and quatermile times to see if an escape was possible. Oh well I just need to find a really good radar detector to mount to my bike. Or possibly a helmet mounted police scanner.

clustermagnet
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 10:13 AM
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you are about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.

We had two bags of grass...pellets of mescaline...
five sheets of high-powered blotter acid...
a salt shaker half-full of cocaine...
a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers.
Also a quart of tequila,a quart of rum, a case of beer...
a pint of raw ether...two dozen amyls.

Not that we needed all that for the trip...
but once you get locked into a serious drug collection...
the tendency is to push itas far as you can.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 10:37 AM
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you are about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.

We had two bags of grass...pellets of mescaline...
five sheets of high-powered blotter acid...
a salt shaker half-full of cocaine...
a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers.
Also a quart of tequila,a quart of rum, a case of beer...
a pint of raw ether...two dozen amyls.

Not that we needed all that for the trip...
but once you get locked into a serious drug collection...
the tendency is to push itas far as you can.

The good doctor speaks :siesta:

TFOGGuys
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 11:01 AM
At the Colorado Mills Mall, they had all the marked and semi-marked police vehicles from the lakewood dept. They had a couple of bikes too. I had never seen a biker cop till I moved up here. Looks like thier riding Honda St1300's and Some beamer. I don't remeber what it was. I was too busy trying to remember top speeds and quatermile times to see if an escape was possible. Oh well I just need to find a really good radar detector to mount to my bike. Or possibly a helmet mounted police scanner.

Lakewood rides BMW R1100Ses.... certainly an improvement over the Harleys they had before. They also had a seized ZX11 at one point, but it was strictly for publicity and public appearances, never actually put into service.

pilot
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 11:11 AM
I suppose it wouldn't be too bad being stopped by this Littleton Motor Officer...for a "warning".

http://img2.putfile.com/main/3/9013085967.jpg

pilot
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 11:15 AM
Darn .jpg size limiters. Here's a crop of the cop.

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/3/9013134052.jpg

DavidofColorado
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 05:06 PM
She looks like she would pistol whip you instead of a warning.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 05:22 PM
She looks like she would pussy whip you instead of a warning.

Made the correct edit for you. You're welcome! :D

TFOGGuys
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 05:32 PM
She reminds me of a classmate of mine in high school that went on to become the CSP's first female motor officer. Except she looks to be about 15 years too young for that.

DavidofColorado
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 06:59 PM
Made the correct edit for you. You're welcome! :D
Many have tried. Few have succeeded. But boy what a ride.

FZRguy
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 07:19 PM
She looks pretty hot there in her uniform straddling that beast of a Beemer.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 08:03 PM
She looks pretty hot there in her uniform straddling that beast of a Beemer.

That's not what she should be straddlin' :twisted:

QUICK JOHN! ---- hit me upside the head :banghead:

She's still A FUCKIN' COP. :321:

pilot
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 08:22 PM
Best part: seconds after I snapped this shot she cut in front of me and started to pull over to the side of the road near S/B Sante Fe and south end of the Light Rail. As she pulled to my right I opened my passenger-side window and hollered out to her, "Hey, skews me. Can I pull over and chat with you for a minute!?!" A look of utter surprise came over her and then she said (with a bit of suspicion), "Sure, drive around the corner and I'll meet you after I check on this accident.

Well, she did. Walked right up to me with her helmet in one hand and her right hand on her weapon (I guess I look like trouble, ha). We ended up having a nice conversation about women in motorcycling. It was/is my hope that she and other motor officers will participate in several activities within the motorcycling street and racing community--more specifically we'll pass on Jeff's information so they can have a private chat with him, LOL.

And with all due respect, she was 3x as hot with the helmet off. Nuff said.

DavidofColorado
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 08:29 PM
And with all due respect, she was 3x as hot with the helmet off. Nuff said.

And you didn't get a picture?!:slap:

Nick_Ninja
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 08:31 PM

Or a phone number?

thatmofo
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 09:14 PM
The chat with the lady is BS without a business card or phone number.

pilot
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 09:24 PM

Or a phone number?

The chat with the lady is BS without a business card or phone number.You poor guys. I feel sorry for ya.

tarded400
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 09:26 PM
You poor guys. I feel sorry for ya.

Me too. I have a hot cop wife that rides motorcycles. :D A happy marriage is one on two wheels.

DavidofColorado
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 09:54 PM
You poor guys. I feel sorry for ya.
Did you get her badge number and date in court at least?
(Night at the roxbury)
Don't feel sorry for us yet. I think I know her. Was her last name Bandilin?

pilot
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 06:06 AM
Did you get her badge number and date in court at least?
(Night at the roxbury)
Don't feel sorry for us yet. I think I know her. Was her last name Bandilin?My contact took place last summer. I have her business card, but it is buried somewhere in my office. If I come across it I will try to remember to reply to your question. If you do know her, perhaps you, too, can also work towards getting her involved in some "positive press" for motorcycling.

Thanks.

DavidofColorado
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 08:28 AM
My contact took place last summer. I have her business card, but it is buried somewhere in my office. If I come across it I will try to remember to reply to your question. If you do know her, perhaps you, too, can also work towards getting her involved in some "positive press" for motorcycling.

Thanks.
If its the same women that I know I will ask her. We haven't been in touch in while but we grew up together we were like peas in a pod.

I'm sure she would love to help out with some good PR for the motorcycle community.

Pitbull303
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I have seen a ton of new BMW cop bikes out on Peoria and Montview lately...The station there on montview must have coughed up a little dough and bought all there boys brand spankin new beamer bikes.....Or a big ass drug bust they have a few vans parked over there that read on the back " This vehicle bought with drug money siezed by drug dealers" lol what a crock of shit

Matrix
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 08:56 PM
This weekend I was cruising east down coal creek at a moderate pace and passed a fellow biker heading west who gave a half hearted wave. Around the next corner was a cop setting in his speed trap stance. The douche bag I passed didn’t even give me a hint that a cop was there. Lucky for me I was just cruising (5 or 10 over) and didn’t get stopped. While I haven’t seen it much since I moved here in Tulsa and KC guys use to tap the top of their helmet a few times to give others a heads up. Is their a local practice here or is the 'top of the helmet tap' a mid-west thing?

WARN A BROTHA YO!

455bird
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I picked up the helmet tap for a cop in california and I've given it to a few riders here. I've never seen anyone else here do it, but I've heard it's a local practice.

King Nothing
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 11:43 PM
In the past month I have seen a unmarked Malibu Maxx, 300c, Fusion, Trailblazer and a Magnum that actually had a bumper sticker saying something about soccer moms on it. All vehicles were spotted on I-25 between Lincoln and Founder's PKWY in Castle Rock. Just remember, they are pulling people over for speeding. It's for your safety. :roll: Douglas County FTL

DavidofColorado
Thu Jun 12th, 2008, 04:40 AM
People here flash their hi beams at you to signal there is cops running radar behind them. Be on the look out for it.

Snowman
Thu Jun 12th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Best part: seconds after I snapped this shot she cut in front of me and started to pull over to the side of the road near S/B Sante Fe and south end of the Light Rail. As she pulled to my right I opened my passenger-side window and hollered out to her, "Hey, skews me. Can I pull over and chat with you for a minute!?!" A look of utter surprise came over her and then she said (with a bit of suspicion), "Sure, drive around the corner and I'll meet you after I check on this accident.

Well, she did. Walked right up to me with her helmet in one hand and her right hand on her weapon (I guess I look like trouble, ha). We ended up having a nice conversation about women in motorcycling.
Hanging around you guys must be effecting more than I know. For a moment there I thought this was going to turn out like one of those Penthouse Forum articles… :)

DavidofColorado
Thu Jun 12th, 2008, 09:38 AM
He left out the rest of it. I'm sure there was some cuffing and spanking later.

pilot
Thu Jun 12th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Hanging around you guys must be effecting more than I know. For a moment there I thought this was going to turn out like one of those Penthouse Forum articles… :)Working on it:hump:

pilot
Thu Jun 12th, 2008, 11:57 AM
This was from yesterday on Sante Fe near Oxford.

http://img2.putfile.com/main/6/16313544452.jpg

Notice the nice ski rack and off-road bumper!

SamuraiX
Thu Jun 12th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I saw these fools at Lincoln and I-25 yesterday - side by side riding formation - all up on each others shit.

PsychoMike
Thu Jun 12th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I picked up the helmet tap for a cop in california and I've given it to a few riders here. I've never seen anyone else here do it, but I've heard it's a local practice.

i also got this in Cali. the group I ride with do it and I have seen a few others.

FZRguy
Thu Jun 12th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I see more of the palm facing down with the slow signal around here.

tarded400
Fri Jun 13th, 2008, 06:12 AM
To me the palm down is more for animals and dirt on the road. I tap the helmet.

dm_gsxr
Fri Jun 13th, 2008, 06:13 AM
I got the helmet tap up at Niwat Road and 287 last week. I was able to see the two cops on the left side of the road but I waved. I helmet tapped for a couple of riders that I passed farther up 287 as a warning.

Tuesday and Wednesday the motorcops were patrolling and radaring on Lowell between Sheridan and Rt 7 (the Anthem area). He sits at the southernmost construction entrance with radar watching for folks coming from Sheridan Parkway. I tapped my helmet for a couple of riders heading south as a warning.

Carl

dm_gsxr
Fri Jun 13th, 2008, 06:15 AM
To me the palm down is more for animals and dirt on the road. I tap the helmet.

Yea, for me the slow down one is just a generic be careful or slow down. The helmet tap is specific for a cop ahead.

Either would have me slowing down though. The slow down one would have me looking for gravel or a dead animal or an accident.

Carl

KoryBricker
Fri Jun 13th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Supposedly (coming from a friend that is a police officer), the helmet tap is widely known and accepted signal to warn of police and if seen by an officer, can actually get you ticketed as police interference while a slow down type signal just a generic "warning" and nothing they can do as your just being "helpfull" :) .

I'm pretty skeptical about it but figure better to be safe than sorry and only do the helmet tap if I know for sure I am out of view of the officer.

dm_gsxr
Fri Jun 13th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Supposedly (coming from a friend that is a police officer), the helmet tap is widely known and accepted signal to warn of police and if seen by an officer, can actually get you ticketed as police interference while a slow down type signal just a generic "warning" and nothing they can do as your just being "helpfull" :) .

I'm pretty skeptical about it but figure better to be safe than sorry and only do the helmet tap if I know for sure I am out of view of the officer.

Didn't know that. There was a patrol car in front of the rider in the second incident. It was a divided highway but I suspect it's one of those frustration tickets and not a "real violation" if you know what I mean.

Back in Virginia, some guy was driving his car on the shoulder ($75 ticket :D ) and was finally nabbed by the cops. Someone else in really slow traffic beeped his horn in glee. Unfortunately the cop wasn't pleased by that and pulled him out of traffic and gave him a ticket for sounding an emergency when there wasn't one in evidence.

Carl

Cars-R-Coffins
Fri Jun 13th, 2008, 04:46 PM
It's common knowledge that any type of "communication" (i.e. tapping helmet, lowering hand, etc.) between drivers/riders to warn of police is protected by the First Amendment.

With that being said, they could give you a Failure to Dim ticket if they catch you flashing headlights:boobies: ...but that would be a stretch.

Horsman
Fri Jun 13th, 2008, 07:37 PM
a LPD biker was shadowing me(with their New BMW bikes). Something told me not to romp on it. As I stopped at the light, he pulled up next to me and said "Ya wanna race???". I told him "I could take him off the line but he would own me in the end" We both laughed and he said "just be safe" and I said 'likewise". :) I know he wanted to see what his new shiny bike can do... :)

66stang21
Fri Jun 13th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Wow. I wonder if that is a special unit other than a traffic unit.

pilot
Fri Jun 13th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Remind u of anyone from the club?

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/AQUA/24-445%7EReno-911-Lt-Dangle-Posters.jpg

tarded400
Fri Jun 13th, 2008, 11:22 PM
I know he wanted to see what his new shiny bike can do... :)

Judging from every cop I know (which is quite a few) I would bet a pretty penny he knows EXACTLY what that bike will do, and has since 5 minutes after it was delivered.

denver_whitest185
Fri Jun 13th, 2008, 11:35 PM
today was the first day ive really ridden a bike on the street. i was taking it pretty easy, and guess what, i got pulled over by a lakewood PD cop. the guy followed me for a few blocks, pulled me over, and after i had given him my papers, said he had pulled me over cause i matched the description of someone who they were looking for due to a domestic dispute, that had left riding a dark motorcycle with a black helmet. lol, i don't think he could have given me a more pathetic excuse for pulling me over for no good reason...

tarded400
Fri Jun 13th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Could be true, you never know...

denver_whitest185
Sat Jun 14th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Could be true, you never know...

id say a majority of motorcyclists have dark bikes, and ALOT of people wear black helmets. if they pulled me over for just that, than they must have pulled over a couple dozen people for a matching description this evening.

i think he wanted to check to make sure i had my endorsement and insurance, just trying to make the city some money...