PDA

View Full Version : Track Day Bike Insurance

2Blue
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Does anybody know if there is such a thing and if so how much?

Thanks!!

D Berns R6
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Do you have a track only bike or a street/track bike?

Dingle

2Blue
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Do you have a track only bike or a street/track bike?

Dingle

Street only. 07 R1.

jplracing
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Your bike should be covered under your normal insurance company as long as you are not competing in a sanctioned race

This assumes that you have full coverage

Joe

2Blue
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Your bike should be covered under your normal insurance company as long as you are not competing in a sanctioned race

This assumes that you have full coverage

Joe

I have full coverage. I'm planning on checking with my insurance company to see if it's covered on open track days. I just heard rumors that insurance companies won't cover accidents on a race track, regardless of the format.

Thanks!

Redflash3
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I was also wondering exactly how that works if I go down on the track. Will insurance take care of it. I assumed the rider would be completely responsible OOP.

Tipys
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Well if they say its not covered then. Just remember this as we were leaving the track it fall over in the trailer.:yes:

D Berns R6
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Not even that guys, don't tell the insurance company anything. If you do crash, take it home then call it in and say you hit some gravel and the way home and bam! Covered!

beavisr1
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Also most insurance comanies WILL NOT COVER YOU! On a track crash. Its considered dangerous and double check if you health insurance will cover you for a track/racing day.

mayhem
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 07:49 AM
no such thing.....you can only carry theft and fire on a track/race bike, and they wont cover you if it happens on the track................

Sully
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 08:28 AM
:lol: I knew a guy who was stuntin' his new bike (barely 3 months old) and did a wheelie and flipped it... towed his bike home, called the insurance co and said he hit some gravel in x canyon, claims adjuster came out looked at the bike and knew right away he was doing a wheelie, etc. just by the way the bike was scratched up and how the pipe and rear end was smashed in, etc. They did, however, pay for the claim.. but insurance adjusters know more than you think... Not to say he would know from the track to the sand but you never know :dunno:..

2Blue
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Also most insurance comanies WILL NOT COVER YOU! On a track crash. Its considered dangerous and double check if you health insurance will cover you for a track/racing day.

I just got off the phone with a State Farm rep and he checked into this with his under writer. They DO NOT cover any vehicles while on a race track no matter what the format, open track or race days.

Yeah I'll have to check heath and life insurance as well!!

2Blue
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 09:00 AM
:lol: I knew a guy who was stuntin' his new bike (barely 3 months old) and did a wheelie and flipped it... towed his bike home, called the insurance co and said he hit some gravel in x canyon, claims adjuster came out looked at the bike and knew right away he was doing a wheelie, etc. just by the way the bike was scratched up and how the pipe and rear end was smashed in, etc. They did, however, pay for the claim.. but insurance adjusters know more than you think... Not to say he would know from the track to the sand but you never know :dunno:..

Yeah.... I would not want to risk going to jail for insurance fraud. I'll check into getting a cheap track bike so I don't have risk losing my street bike.

Thanks everybody for your inputs!!!

D Berns R6
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 09:30 AM
There is a guy that still races that gets a new bike each year "crashes" it then spends the claim money to turn the bike into a race bike...

Dingle

konichd
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Or you could give your bike to Shortcake. She'll turn that bitch into a trackbike about 3 miles up from the Morrison Concoco :)

Unfortunately Shortcake didn't make it to the 200 ft. cliff :(

(Where you at Rybo?) ;)

Sully
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 09:41 AM
There is a guy that still races that gets a new bike each year "crashes" it then spends the claim money to turn the bike into a race bike...

Dingle

I wonder how much he pays for insurance ???? :shock:

2Blue
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 09:42 AM

Dingle

That was one of my thoughts. If I crash my bike then I'll make it a permanent track bike too, but I won't be able to claim it. I'll just have to take the out of pocket hit. I'm taking the MRA class this month and I can't wait to get on the track. Gonna have to be careful with my R1 until I get a cheap track bike.

Thanks!

2Blue
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Or you could give your bike to Shortcake. She'll turn that bitch into a trackbike about 3 miles up from the Morrison Concoco :)

(Where you at Rybo?) ;)

Ouch!!

Canuck
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 09:47 AM
:waiting for DavidofDenver to enlighten us:

eklew
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 09:59 AM

I would be able to tell !!!!!!!!:shocked:

JustSomeDude
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 11:59 AM

HAAAAAAAAhahhahahaa.

That photo never gets old - no matter how many times it's posted!

:drink:

Shortcake
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 03:00 PM

(Where you at Rybo?) ;)

ahhhh honey.... how come your name is that pretty pink color??????:alien:

Pharmgirl
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Melanie strikes again!!

PsychoMike
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 05:34 PM
i had state farm full coverage and they didnt cover track accident