PDA

View Full Version : big problems with electrical?

rider955i
Sat Mar 8th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I went up to bear creek on a solo ride today and had no problems until I was heading home then it went to shit. First my gauges kept turning off and on, then I decided to stop to see if it was a short with the wires going into them and it wasn't. Then I tried to start it back up and the battery is dead after I had been riding for about three hours. So I think it must be the stator and I was able to push start it and drive it home, but I had to keep the rpm's prett high otherwise it wanted to stall out. I made it home finally and when I parked it I notice that there is a ton of smoke coming out of the storage under the rear seat. The Ecu was smoking up a storm. What kind of prolems am I looking at? If I put a new ecu on it will it burn it up right away? Can I buy a used one that will work? could the stator still be trashed to why was the battery dead? Any help is greatly appreciated. Now there is only one thing to do:drink:

dchd1130
Sat Mar 8th, 2008, 06:47 PM
First step would be to test the battery. If it has been sitting all winter it is likely that it is bad.

rider955i
Sat Mar 8th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Checked it and it said it was 30% charge, and it checked out with the bike shop said It should be good. Luckily enough I turned it off by National cycle supply in littleton and the owner was tried his best to help me out and that was one thing he did for me b4 i push started it and got it home. It was purchased last season as well so probably not the problem.

dchd1130
Sat Mar 8th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Then isnt it under warranty? Take it back to the dealer let them deal with it.

rider955i
Sat Mar 8th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Sorry my bad the battery was purchased last season. The bike isn't under warranty it is a 2002 triumph daytona 955i

mikesf4i
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 01:44 AM
call the dealership. There might be a service bulliten covering the issue.It wont hurt to call. Also look un the storage area/under your seat for obvious damage.ie burnt wires.

rider955i
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Well I did call Erico to check for recalls and there aren't any. I also took the rectifier/regulator out and it was bubbled and melted on the back so that is obviously bad. I called tfog and they told me that they could hook up a universal one to it and hopefully it solves the problem find out on Saturday. Thanks for the input.